Creating a warning prior to deleting a record

I'm creating a membership database for an organisation. A problem I've
encountered is the young lady that will be using the completed database is
occasionally using control/z to undo an input error too frequently and
deletes the record that she is inputting. As the membership number is an
auto-number field this loses that particular membership number which I need
to stop from happening.
Is there anyway I can generate a warning prior to that final deletion to
stop this from occurring?

TIA

BigAl

0
BigAl

Autonumber is not recommended for the use you describe, for exactly the
reason you describe. suggest you assign the membership numbers
programmatically, at the point of data entry. you can run code in the form's
BeforeUpdate event procedure, as

    If Me.NewRecord Then
        Me!MembershipNoFieldName = DMax("MembershipNoFieldName",
"MembersTableName") + 1
    End If

the text between the "If" line and the "End" line goes all on one line,
regardless of line wrap in this post (so you'll have a total of three lines
inside the procedure). replace MembershipNoFieldName and MembersTableName
with the correct names of those objects, of course. suggest you read up on
the DMax() function, so you'll understand how it works.

hth

"BigAl" <bigal.home@virgin.net> wrote in message
> I'm creating a membership database for an organisation. A problem I've
> encountered is the young lady that will be using the completed database is
> occasionally using control/z to undo an input error too frequently and
> deletes the record that she is inputting. As the membership number is an
> auto-number field this loses that particular membership number which I
need
> to stop from happening.
> Is there anyway I can generate a warning prior to that final deletion to
> stop this from occurring?
>
> TIA
>
> BigAl

0
tina
9/29/2007 9:31:29 PM
"tina" <nospam@address.com> wrote in message
> Autonumber is not recommended for the use you describe, for exactly the
> reason you describe. suggest you assign the membership numbers
> programmatically, at the point of data entry. you can run code in the
> form's
> BeforeUpdate event procedure, as
>
>    If Me.NewRecord Then
>        Me!MembershipNoFieldName = DMax("MembershipNoFieldName",
> "MembersTableName") + 1
>    End If
>
> the text between the "If" line and the "End" line goes all on one line,
> regardless of line wrap in this post (so you'll have a total of three
> lines
> inside the procedure). replace MembershipNoFieldName and MembersTableName
> with the correct names of those objects, of course. suggest you read up on
> the DMax() function, so you'll understand how it works.
>
> hth

Thanks for that Tina.

I'll give it a go next week.

BigAl

0
BigAl

Creating a High-Low-Close chart with multiple series?
Hi Everyone, I’m trying to create a High-Low-Close stock chart with 2 data series. Right now, I can only get the chart to plot a single data series. I’ve spent some time playing with the chart options and doing some internet research but still I haven’t found any answers. My data looks something like this: Stock A Date High Low Close 6/30/2005 5 3 4 7/30/2005 10 6 8 8/30/2005 8 7 7.5 9/30/2005 9 2 5.5 10/30/2005 6 3 4.5 Stock B Date High Low Close 6/30/2005 50 30 40 7/30/2005 100 60 80 8/30/2005 80 70 75 9/30/2005 90 20 55 10/30/2005 60 30 45 Any thoughts? Thanks! ...

Deleting Old Email Address
In Outlook when I change an email address in Contact, the old one is not deleted and appears when I try to correspond. I can not find the hidden address book in which the old email address resides in order to remove or how to set up a preference to permanently remove the old address. If this is Outlook 2002 or later, start typing the address into the To box and when the bad address pops up, highlight it and press Delete. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ...

how do I create an assesment test that records answers in ppt.
How do I create an assessment test in PPT that records the answers and has a certificate of completion to be filled in at the end? You could only do this with vba code. Can you code? You might want to look at examples on "Powerful PowerPoint for Educators" http://www.loyola.edu/edudept/powerfulpowerpoint/ -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "seasmith" wrote: > How do I create an assessment test in PPT that records the answers and has a >...

using a custon Avery 8876 template to create membership cards. I .
shI created a unique template in Publisher for Avery 8876 business cards, which I am using for Memberhsip cards instead. I am only able to see and edit a single "representative " card. How can I enter individual members names on each sheet before I print it? Do a mail merge. Please be aware that if you do a Print Preview, you will only see a single name, not all of the members. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "HOT FLASH" <HOT FLASH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:525B2114-7F9C-4C08-8A7D-45D7A5EF0F07@microsoft.com... > shI crea...

Emails sent from users that have been deleted???
I thought we closed the open relay on our exchange server 2000 but we still get system administrator undeliverable messages on a regular basis. They will send us spam using old accounts that have been deleted and sometimes they will actually send them from active users so it looks like an employee is sending us spam. Can someone please help me stop this spoofing before I take a baseball bat to my exchange server? We also get about 100 - 200 spam emails daily on some accounts so how can I stop this do I have to upgrade to exchange 2003? Are you talking about backscatter? You're...

How to disable the usage of "Permanently Deleting Items"
Hello, I want to disable the usage of "Permanently Deleting Items" for every user. Is there a way to disable this on the Exchange server or with Outlook. Every object must go into the folder deleted items. This setup shall help for better recovery support. Thanks Frank ...

One click to select a newly create account from a Lookup form
On the Case form, when you look up a Customer you have the option to click New. If New is clicked and a new Account (or Contact) is created, is it possible to link the Account straight back to the form when the Save & Close button is clicked. Rather than having to select the newly created Account from the Lookup up form, the account is selected automatically and the lookup form is closed. This CRM implemenation is for a call centre and they must minimse the amount of clicks to perform certain actions. This is a CRM 4.0 implementation. Is this possible with JScript, or by any other means...

Windows Mail- Delete it from Server
I have been using "Delete it from Server" option in Windows Mail Rules successfully for a number of years now until recently. The I noticed i began receiving mails that I have defined to be deleted from server. To further this, I used another email address defining the emails from this address to be deleted from server but the emails still come through. Can anyone enlighten and help me on this? I am using Vista Home Basic and updated to the most current. The mail program is the Windows Mail. "rbernal43" <rbernal43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Delegates and Deleted / Disabled Accounts
Greetings, I have a situation where a user has Delegates listed in Outlook, but when I look at the PublicDelegates attribute for the same user in AD there are none. One of the delegate accounts has been deleted from AD, the other account is disabled and is no longer mail enabled. Is there another attribute in AD which I should be looking at which accurately reflects which users have Delegate access to the mailbox. The problem resulting from all this is that when a meeting request is sent to such a user the sender gets back NDRs from each of the zombie delegates. Now I could just lo...

"stop recording" button not visible
I was recording a macro in Excel 2000 and inadvertently clicked on the close button of the small window instead of the Stop recording button when I was finished. This made the small window disappear and now I can't get it to reappear when I want to record another macro. This happened a few years ago and I was able to rectify it then but I can't remember how. Cutter, view, toolbars, stop recording -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Usi...

changed query, but it didn't add to record source of report
I am trying to figure out the best way to create this report. Since there is a lot of conditional data I created a query that solved most of my answers then I just add the field to my report created based on the query. But I then added a field to the query later and it does not show up in the record source to add as existing field. So must I "completely" create the query before I make the report for the first time or is there a way to get to the fields of a query? thanks Are you sure that the query is being used as the RecordSource for the report? Take a look at the repor...

creating a pointer to a imbeded struct causes C2065
I want to create a pointer of a sub struct because there will be more than one of them in a message. However I get C2065 error. I found the error explaination on Microsoft.com however I don't see how it applies to me. Here is a simple idea of what I am doing. char szBuffer[100]; typedef struct T_Smoo { struct { int a; }H; struct { int b; int c; int d; }D; } Smoo; Smoo *pSmoo = (Smoo*) szBuffer; pSmoo->H.a = 1; pSmoo->D.b = 2; pSmoo->D.c = 3; pSmoo->D.d = 4; int offset = sizeof(pSmoo->H); Smoo::D *p = (&Smoo::D) &szBuffer[offset]; p->D....

Creating HR Benefit Cards From Payroll Benefits Cards
I'm doing a migration of data into Great Plains V10. I've imported the benefits from the old system into Payroll via the Integration Manager. The benefits cards for employees are fine in Payroll, but there are no cards in HR. We ran the HR Reconcile thinking that would create the cards in HR. However it did not seem to do that. Is there a way to create the HR Benefits cards for employees from the cards in Payroll? Hi Royce, A bunch of exploring questions: - When you uploaded via IM, which Payroll window did you use to integrate your source data? - Is the data that you ar...

wARNING KEPPS SHOWING
i AM A NEW USERS UPON OPENING MY EMAIL i RECIEVE THE FOLLOEING MESSAGE. the add in "c/program files/microsft office/sbcmsyac,dll could not be loaded. Out of memory,out of resource or missing dll files. Can you asstist me i correcting this problem. try outlook /safe. if this works then you have a bad add-in "HR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AE9FCC8-2120-4CB6-A423-764AE453ACAF@microsoft.com... > i AM A NEW USERS UPON OPENING MY EMAIL i RECIEVE THE FOLLOEING MESSAGE. > the add in "c/program files/microsft office/sbcmsyac,dll could ...

Recovering accidently deleted word .doc
Hi, I've made a bad mistake today by accidently deleting a folder that contained a .doc file I was working on for some days. Recycle Bin's empty and on top of it I missed making a backup ... I've already tried to recover it with several tools, but I would only find some images that where stored in the same folder. The doc's gone. I have tried Restoration Version 2.5.14 and the PCI Filerecovery trial. Is there a chance, that contents of the file are still there, but under a different name? (I have also tried searching for .asd and .tmp files without success.) Or does anybody ...

delete blocked senders messages on receipt why junk mail them?
Why is it that after going to all the trouble of putting people onto a blocked senders list the filter still puts their messages into the junk mail folder for you to delete them? Or am I understanding the training wrong? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane....

Create a "View" for Accounts that displays Primary Contact's email
Hi, Today I created a new Account View for one of our business units. The view displays a listing of the particular type of Account that the business unit serves. When I asked the business unit if that View helped them, I got a reply saying that the column for Account Email was good but they preferred a column for the Primary Contact's Email. It seems that out-of-the-box, I can't use the web front end to include a column for the Primary Contact's Email. I can (& I have) include a column for the Primary Contact which displays the Contact's name. Of course, unlike t...

Hide/Limit Records in a Report
Hi, I have a subreport that contain upto 63 records. However I can only fit 32 lines on a singe page and then the remainder goes onto the next page. I want the report to stay on a singe side, therefore I want to limit one report to 32 records and then display the remaining records on another report. I have created a count field within the report, however how do I prevent one report showing records after number 32 and the other only showing records after 32. Any help would be grately appreciated. Tahnks Create 2 queries to feed the 2 reports. In query design view, open the properties b...

Updating record in underlying table.
I seem to encounter some problems with records that are updated in the form but not in the underlying table. Description of the situation: * I enter a new volume in a record. * With an after update VB script I update the total price in the record. First challenge: at thi point I understand that the record in the underlying table is nto updated yet. How can this be enforced without using the Refresh or recalc method? The reason why I do not want to use these methods is that it causes the current record to be moved to the first record in the form Next step: * I query the table ...

Rule for permanent delete from a @domain.com
Hi. I have outlook 2003 SP1 and I have a rule to make permanent delete for incoming emails from @domain.com (for example). But not works!!!!, it delete all incoming emails and not only @domain.com. Somebody could help me please with the correct rule or other solution for my problem. Thanx in advance.! How does the rule read? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & ...

Create a test environment
Hi, I need to create a test environment, as soon as possible, ideal would be replicating the production environment. I've a windows server 2003 domain, w2k3 SP 2 with Active Directory. I'm thinking about create a VMware, maybe using physical 2 virtual, duplicating the domain controller and changing the server name and the domain name, what do you think? Could it be possible? I'm not totally sure about that, because I think you cannot rename a domain controller... Any ideas will be welcome! Thank you in advance. Hello Juan, See the following articles about creati...

Creating Watermarks in Excel 2000
I am trying to create an image watermark in Excel 2000, but it keeps overshadowing the data on the invoice I've created....any ideas? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > I am trying to create an image watermark in Excel 2000, > but it keeps overshadowing the data on the invoice I've > created....any ideas? Hi have a look at the following sites: http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/formulas.html http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip And for Excel 2002+: http://cpap.com.br/orlando Frank ...

Determine Contact Created From Outlook
Hi, Does anybody know how to determine the Contacts that created from Outlook and Track in CRM? Is there a field in the backend that indicates that? What I need to do is to figure out all of the Contacts that the users created in Outlook, then do an update to those contacts. Just to make it clear, that the point of creation of the Contact is from Outlook address book. thanks! Darren Liu Crowe Chizek http://www.crowecrm.com ...

how to create a chart in excel base on date?
hi..im a newbie to excel.. i need to create a bar chart..... i have only one column containing dates... which is this 03-Aug-05 03-Aug-05 03-Aug-05 03-Aug-05 03-Aug-05 04-Aug-05 04-Aug-05 04-Aug-05 04-Aug-05 04-Aug-05 04-Aug-05 04-Aug-05 04-Aug-05 .... .... ... until..... 31-Dec-05 total up to 10000 records of dates its a long list of dates and i need to create a bar chart showing th number of times in a day how many rows of them.. which means i have a bar chart showing on august and 3 days...etc...and a bar chart showing on sept....and so on.. i also need a bar chart on the 5 months..au...

Delete part of each record
Hello, In a field of a table there are entries with address and city in the same record. For example: High street 55 Paris. I only want the address in that field, so I need the city in the end of each record to be cut off. I guess what I need is any word after the last number of the entry to be deleted. Not just any number of each record, but after the LAST number of the entry since there are streets that contain numbers as part of the street name for example October 25th street. Can someone please help. Thank you Dimitris hi Dimitris, On 09.04.2010 11:08, Dimitris ...