Create a form in one database and then copy and paste to another

You guys have been great with your help.  I created a form in a database,
quite by accident that I got it the way I wanted it as I am still learning by
trial and error, and reviewing this board...   Anyway, I created this form,
tried to twick it and screwed it up totally.  I have the form before I messes
with it backed up on a zip drive.  Is there anyway to copy just a form from
one datebase and place into another database?  There is also a few forms in
templates that would work great for me with just a minor adjustment here an
there, but how can I get them into the database without creating from
scratch?  I have tried to do a print screen and copy into Word and printing
so I could set all the commands the same, but this seems cumbersome.
-
Thanks so much.
Bandit

You can import a form from one datbase to another:
    File | Get External | Import
In Access 2007, it's on the External Data tab of the ribbon.

But please be aware that no data is stored in your form. Therefore you will
also need whatever table holds the data.

"Bandit" <Bandit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You guys have been great with your help.  I created a form in a database,
> quite by accident that I got it the way I wanted it as I am still learning
> by
> trial and error, and reviewing this board...   Anyway, I created this
> form,
> tried to twick it and screwed it up totally.  I have the form before I
> messes
> with it backed up on a zip drive.  Is there anyway to copy just a form
> from
> one datebase and place into another database?  There is also a few forms
> in
> templates that would work great for me with just a minor adjustment here
> an
> there, but how can I get them into the database without creating from
> scratch?  I have tried to do a print screen and copy into Word and
> printing
> so I could set all the commands the same, but this seems cumbersome.
> -
> Thanks so much.
> Bandit

0
Allen
12/13/2007 2:26:16 AM
Thanks so  much.  I have a template that I used for a starting place.  All
forms and tables in the template I have been able to convert to  meet our
needs except for one and the most important one, Purchase Orders.  I
corrupted the one I was tinkering with.  I have tried and tried to recreate
it and I just can't seem to get it.  I got it just right once and then tried
to make a change and well opps!  Now I thought it might be easier to just
copy the purchase order template and associated tables and try to change them
again.  This is the only one that I am really  having a hard time with.
--
Bandit

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> You can import a form from one datbase to another:
>     File | Get External | Import
> In Access 2007, it's on the External Data tab of the ribbon.
>
> But please be aware that no data is stored in your form. Therefore you will
> also need whatever table holds the data.

> "Bandit" <Bandit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > You guys have been great with your help.  I created a form in a database,
> > quite by accident that I got it the way I wanted it as I am still learning
> > by
> > trial and error, and reviewing this board...   Anyway, I created this
> > form,
> > tried to twick it and screwed it up totally.  I have the form before I
> > messes
> > with it backed up on a zip drive.  Is there anyway to copy just a form
> > from
> > one datebase and place into another database?  There is also a few forms
> > in
> > templates that would work great for me with just a minor adjustment here
> > an
> > there, but how can I get them into the database without creating from
> > scratch?  I have tried to do a print screen and copy into Word and
> > printing
> > so I could set all the commands the same, but this seems cumbersome.
> > -
> > Thanks so much.
> > Bandit

Access 97 can't resize database window

How do I create a sample in Excel?

if cell is text move left one column

Pass parameter from FORM to QUERY

Office 2007 forms

Copy Toolbar
Can someone tell me if there is a way to copy a toolbar I created on my computer to another computer? Thanks for your help! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ The toolbar settings are in the *.xlb file. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "HelpMe >" <<HelpMe.zmcsh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:HelpMe.zmcsh@excelforum-nospam.com... > Can someone tell me if there is a way to copy a toolbar I created on my > computer to another computer? Thanks for your help! > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > You...

Backing Up Exchange Database

Copy HYPERLINKS
I have about 200 entries in col a Some of these entries are hyperlinks to other locations I would like a macro to copy ONLY the hyperlinks from Col a to Col b Currently the hyperlinked items are interspaced over the entire col a, I would like to have all the hyperlinks moved to Col B one under the other with no spaces. Thanks Are they =HYPERLINK functions or Inserted hyperlinks?? -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200750 "pcor" wrote: > I have about 200 entries in col a > Some of these entries are hyperlinks to other locations > I would like a macro to copy ONLY the...

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

cursor missing from form textboxes
I believe that I know 98% of the little intricacies of Publisher, but I'm stumped on this one. I created a website with a contact page and none of the standard textboxes will show a cursor to indicate with field you are in (I've even made the site live to double check). If you tab between textboxes, the tabbing works, as does typing, there is just no visual cursor to indicate where you are. If you click on the first textbox and type, all is good you can tab to the next box and type, and it's fine. I'd like to have the visual cursor show and can't get it. I also have ...