Create a duplicate record

I use a form to input the data into the table.  From time to time, I need to
create a duplicate record from previous records or just completed new
record.  I saw the previous articles here but most of them to copy the last
record to a new record.  However, I need to highlight the desired record and
copy to a new record.  Any guidance and example are appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

0
Scott

Here's one that lets you duplicate the record in a form, as well as any
related records in the subform:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-57.html

Just ignore the part about the subform, and use the rest.

"Scott" <NoSpam-Scott.Xe@GMail.com> wrote in message
>I use a form to input the data into the table.  From time to time, I need
>to create a duplicate record from previous records or just completed new
>record.  I saw the previous articles here but most of them to copy the last
>record to a new record.  However, I need to highlight the desired record
>and copy to a new record.  Any guidance and example are appreciated.

0
Allen

Remove records from lookup
Not sure if this is possible but I would like to remove all records except the account records from the look up records dropdown menu of the appointment entity. The associated schema is regardingobjectid and the label is regarding. I see the other entities listed under relationships but there is no option to delete. Is there a way to create a new lookup and have it added to my appointment form? Thanks. There is no supported way to change this. The system is setup to allow you to set appointments that are related to specific records (Opportunities, Quotes, Cases, etc) and it will then ro...

create xml document based from schema
I have the following schema. I need to know how to make an xml document based from it. The main worry I have is the DateTime field. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="NewsArticle"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="Description" type="xs:string" /> <xs:element name="Body" type="xs:string" />...

creating labels
hi, how can i create labels so I can input about 100 names and they will print off in a label style, Ive tried everything please help!! -- \m/ O_O \m/ Laura..... :) Liverpool, England Laura, I would do a mail merge with word, For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups s...

Creating a new default message template
I have a email template that I want to make the default. In other words, when you click on New to create a new email, I want the message template that I have created to come up as the default. Does anyone know how to do this? What you are proposing is a very bad idea. Using a custom form as the = default for new messages will guarantee that non-Outlook recipients = won't be able to read attachments you send.=20 I'd suggest that you back up and explain what functionality you were = hoping to add by changing the message form, and in what version of = Outlook.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, ...

can't reply or can't create
I have Outlook 6.0 in my Windows 2000 computer. I can't reply or create new message but I can read the message. The "Reply" "new" "forword" and "reply all" button are dead. I can't highlight those button. Does anyone has any problme of this? Plez let me know <mmdir2002@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1106036722.098189.74470@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > I have Outlook 6.0 in my Windows 2000 computer. > I can't reply or create new message but I can read the message. > The "Reply" "new" "f...

COleSafeArray::Create throws CMemoryException
Hi why does COleSafeArray::Create throw a CMemoryException if the array to create is larger than ullAvailPhys but smaller then ullAvailVirtual as returned by GlobalMemoryStatusEx Are all safearrays kept in physical memory and not swapped to page file I use Windows XP Thank HS ...

limit create window/control max count?
Hi all. I am testing a create control. But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog. I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800. I want work. 1. have a two dialog.(A, B) 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static). 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200. 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog. A dialog is modaless. 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0. thank for read. Have a nice day. You need to redesign your system, IMO. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com...

Need to create an automatic hyperlink
I'm using Excel 2003, Windows XP. Okay I have a workbook with a main spreadsheet and about 150 other spreadsheets with images in them. I have the names of the other spreadsheets in cell b2. How do I create a hyperlink that will concantenate the name in cell b2 to a hyperlink and point it to the spreadsheet with that name? I know I can do it by manually selecting each cell and hyperlinking manually, but with over 150 it's taking a while. Thanks. I tried =HYPERLINK("file:////"&b2,"Click me!") and it fails (can't find specified file)...

Mailing List Duplicates
Is there a software program that works with excel to delete duplicate names? Our mailing list is in the thousands. Thanks for any and all help. Gordon habitated@gulftel.com one way? data>advanced filter, copy to another location and unique records only "Gordon" <habitated@gulftel.com> wrote in message news:032201c3796f$ab75f130$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a software program that works with excel to > delete duplicate names? Our mailing list is in the > thousands. Thanks for any and all help. > > Gordon > habitated@gulftel.com ...

Problem creating 2003 PST file
Hi, I am currently running Outlook 2003 (Client). I am trying to create a new PST file. However when I try to add a new file (file\new\outlook data file\) I can only select: Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folder File. On the microsoft website it says I should see something like "Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst)" but it is not listed. Is there any way to correct this?? I am running Outlook 2003 SP1. Thanks for any help, Wouter Hi, Kan iemand mij helpen? Het moet mogelijk zijn om bij het verzenden van een emailtje de afzender te veranderen. Ooit wist ik het, maar ik ben...

Creating users via powershell
I am using the windows powershell cmdlets to set up new users automatically in AD 2003. I am particularly using the cmdlets from quest such get-qaduser and new-qaduser. To setup bulk number of users I have to setup a csv file and then import them into the script. The script is below: #Get-UserGroups.ps1 #sample CSV heading # "Name,Firstname,Lastname,SAMAccountname,Telephone,Office,Department,Title,City,Company" $file="C:\employees.csv" if ((Get-Item $file -ea "silentlycontinue" ).exists) { Import-Csv $file | ForEach-Object { ...

ACCESS 2000 is deleting records
Just yesterday I converted an Access 97 database to Access 2000. Have a large problem I need help with. After converting the DB I "split it" in order to use it as a backend, same way it was in Access97. After converting the database to Access2k we began to have a problem with Access2k deleting records. it deleted a total of 4 out of 62 records. the records are not together ( record #289365 then 289048 then 289128 then 289178 then this morning 289405) these record are auto-numbered incerement of one. They were entered by different people so I know its not just an operator probl...

Creating a task with a duration = sum of all tasks durations
Is it possible to have a task that has a duration equal the sum of the duration for a set of tasks and that has work for that task calculated automatically based on a formula of say number of hours per day times the number of days duration? Duration is not additive but work is. Imagine a summary task that has 3 subtasks, each of which lasts one day. If the three are in parallel, starting together, they all finish at the same timne and all work on the summary is complete since all work on its children is complete, The summary task duration is 1 day. But as to work, each subt...

Creating timelines that don't use time as the horizontal measureme
Is it possible to use the timeline functionality of visio without using time as the horizontal meter? I want to have the same functionality of a timeline, but use it to express events that happen over a range of values from 0-100. ...

How do I create a pictograph in Excel?
I am trying to create a pictograph in Excel, but I don't see it as an option on the chart wizard. How can I do this? Hi, You can use a picture as the fill effect. The Format dialog Patterns tab has a Fill Effects button. This allows you to select a image to use and also determine how that image should be display. Such as stretching it to the appropriate height or using the image per unit. For more information see Jon Peltier's explanation. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomStacks.html Cheers Andy ldimes4 wrote: > I am trying to create a pictograph in Excel, bu...

How do I create a donut chart in Excel
How can I import Outlook Calender months into Excel and create a donut chart? Can anybody help me? Thanks ...

Help Creating A Formula To Copy and Paste Text
Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for any help you may have. I need to create a formula that searches for a specific word in a column then cut the word and paste it to another column. Of course this would be simple if it was the only word in the column, but there is other text that I would like to remain in the orginal column.. Thanks again, Mary You have a reply at your other thread. Mary wrote: > > Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for any help you may have. > > I need to create a formula that searches for a specific word in a > column then cut the word and paste it to ...

Duplicate Appointments in CRM 4 Outlook Client
We have the following scenario 1. CRM User 1 creates an appointment in Outlook and adds CRM User 2 as a required recipient. CRM User 1 then marks it as tracked in CRM and sends the meeting request via Outlook. 2. CRM User 2 receives and accepts the meeting request so that the appointment appears in their calendar. 3. CRM User 2 synchronises with CRM and finds that the appointment created in Step 1 appears as a duplicate to the appointment they accepted in Step 2. Does anyone have a workaround for this? Many thanks, Scott Hi Scott, I'm afrid this is probably standard, expected be...

specify DC when creating a RUS?
According to every KB article i read you can't specify a DC when creating a RUS, but i'm trying to create a RUS for a child domain and exchange is picking up a 'former' domain controller...i thought i'd re-domainprep the child domain to fix, but no luck..this is the scenario: Our child domain was blown away and restored by some lovely remote staff, and it didn't go so well. Anyhow, i'm trying to create a new recipient update service for the remote child domain and its defaulting to the name of a DC that no longer exists and I dont' have an option to chang...

Insert query with two left outer joins gives "Record is Deleted" m
Hi, I have built an insert query to combine data from 3 tables into one table based on a key value (RA_ID) on a form. Two of the from tables may or may not have data associated with the main from table. So I have coded the select from statement using left outer joins. When I run the query with a row in the first child table but not in the second it works fine but when I run the query with a key value that exists in the 2nd child table but not in the first I get a message saying "record is deleted". Anybody have any ideas what is causing this? Here is the query......... ...

Please i need Help.. ( HOW delete a record from internet explorer 's history)
Hi (Sorry for my very bad english) I try to delete a record from Internet explorer' history in Visual c++, and i found this sample code on the microsoft web site USES_CONVERSION; CoInitialize(NULL); IUrlHistoryStg2* pUrlHistoryStg2 = NULL; HRESULT hr = CoCreateInstance(CLSID_CUrlHistory,NULL, CLSCTX_INPROC, IID_IUrlHistoryStg2,(void**)&pUrlHistoryStg2); IEnumSTATURL* pEnumURL; hr = pUrlHistoryStg2->EnumUrls(&pEnumURL); STATURL suURL; ULONG pceltFetched; suURL.cbSize = sizeof(suURL); hr = ...

Receive Duplicated emails
Hi, I am using Outlook for my email with company in-house exchange server. I got duplicated (100 times the same email) emails from a frined. The sender is using AOL email. Does anybody know what the problem is? Thanks ...

Creating a Pivot Table using multiple ranges
Using Excel 2007, how do you create a pivot table using multiple ranges? The option does not appear in the Create Pivot Table wizard. I thought I could use something like this: 'Page 1'!$A$6:$T$28805:'Page 2'!$A$6:$T$28805 ; but it wasn't accepted as a valid range. Thanks, Ross Never mind. I found it: http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/archives/2006/10/31/excel-2007-faq-draft/ Thanks, Dick. "Ross Culver" <rculver@warrenalloy.com> wrote in message news:uzzDnOHgIHA.5900@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Using Excel 2007, how do you create a pivot table ...

Search records with dates, then Group by month
I'm writing a macro that searches a spreadsheet for dates. I want to find records that are associated with a certain month. The dates in the spreadsheet are in the mmddyyyy format. How can I write code that would recognize any date within a given month and return true. For example, 7/12/2007 or 7/2/2007 would both return "true" for the month of July. 5/5/2007 or 5/27/2007 would return "true" for May, etc. thanks You could use the Autofilter to give you a LessthanGreaterthan range. Otherwise, keying just on Months, you would get May06, May07, etc if your datab...

Deleting records
Hi We have tested the processes in CRM by creating records of contacts, accounts, opportunities, orders & invoices which do not actually exist. We are now running CRM and we would like to know what the best practice is with regards to deleting these records. I have deleted some of the information however when an try to delete an opportunity for example ,I receive an error message stating that the record is associated with another record and can not be deleted. Could please advise me on this? Many Thanks Mark ...