convert lookup column from access to sql server express

I created a database and front end in access 2007.  I am trying to migrate to
sql server express 2005 with the same access front end.  There is a lookup
column in access 2007 database that I am going to replace with a lookup table
and a relation table between the main table and the lookup table to hold the
multiple links between them.

I have a form that at the moment works well with the lookup column for
obvious reasons (you get the list of available values along with the selected
values for this particular record)  I need to try to recreate this behavior
somehow with the SQL Server back end.

1) Is it possible to create a list box that looks up possible values in one
table and selected values from another?

2) is it possible to have a list box with check boxes as the select function
(it is easier for the users to understand)

thanks

1) Is it possible to create a list box that looks up possible values in one
table and selected values from another?
Yes.  Use a query for the list box source with the two tables joined like
this --
SELECT Table1.Data1, Table2.Data2
FROM Table1 INNER JOIN Table2 ON Table1.Data_X = Table2.Data_Y;

2) is it possible to have a list box with check boxes as the select function
(it is easier for the users to understand)
Yes.  An Option Group is what you need to do this.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"icccapital" wrote:

> I created a database and front end in access 2007.  I am trying to migrate to
> sql server express 2005 with the same access front end.  There is a lookup
> column in access 2007 database that I am going to replace with a lookup table
> and a relation table between the main table and the lookup table to hold the
> multiple links between them.
>
> I have a form that at the moment works well with the lookup column for
> obvious reasons (you get the list of available values along with the selected
> values for this particular record)  I need to try to recreate this behavior
> somehow with the SQL Server back end.
>
> 1) Is it possible to create a list box that looks up possible values in one
> table and selected values from another?
>
> 2) is it possible to have a list box with check boxes as the select function
> (it is easier for the users to understand)
>
> thanks
Thanks for the reply.

However I am not positive I understand what is being done with regards to
the query and the list box source.  I understand the query will return the
two columns of data, but how does that work with a list and then the
selected's within that list?

Maybe I should clarify my issue in case there was some confusion.  I have a
lookup table with possible values (Matt, Jen, Steve...) and for each account
there can 0 or more of these people on an account.  So what I would like to
have happen is that I have a list box with the list of all possible people
(ie from people table maybe) and then there is a table between the account
account table and the people table that contains the multiple connections.
So this is where the "selected" values should come from.

Can you clarify if your solution solves this problem or have a different
solution?

Thanks.

"KARL DEWEY" wrote:

> 1) Is it possible to create a list box that looks up possible values in one
> table and selected values from another?
> Yes.  Use a query for the list box source with the two tables joined like
> this --
> SELECT Table1.Data1, Table2.Data2
> FROM Table1 INNER JOIN Table2 ON Table1.Data_X = Table2.Data_Y;
>
> 2) is it possible to have a list box with check boxes as the select function
> (it is easier for the users to understand)
> Yes.  An Option Group is what you need to do this.
>

> --
> Build a little, test a little.
>

> "icccapital" wrote:
>
> > I created a database and front end in access 2007.  I am trying to migrate to
> > sql server express 2005 with the same access front end.  There is a lookup
> > column in access 2007 database that I am going to replace with a lookup table
> > and a relation table between the main table and the lookup table to hold the
> > multiple links between them.
> >
> > I have a form that at the moment works well with the lookup column for
> > obvious reasons (you get the list of available values along with the selected
> > values for this particular record)  I need to try to recreate this behavior
> > somehow with the SQL Server back end.
> >
> > 1) Is it possible to create a list box that looks up possible values in one
> > table and selected values from another?
> >
> > 2) is it possible to have a list box with check boxes as the select function
> > (it is easier for the users to understand)
> >
> > thanks
You are on the right track.  Post your table structure with field names and
datatype.  Post sample data from the tables.

Do you want to pick a name and have it plug in the account number assoicated
with that person?

--
Build a little, test a little.

"icccapital" wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> However I am not positive I understand what is being done with regards to
> the query and the list box source.  I understand the query will return the
> two columns of data, but how does that work with a list and then the
> selected's within that list?
>
> Maybe I should clarify my issue in case there was some confusion.  I have a
> lookup table with possible values (Matt, Jen, Steve...) and for each account
> there can 0 or more of these people on an account.  So what I would like to
> have happen is that I have a list box with the list of all possible people
> (ie from people table maybe) and then there is a table between the account
> account table and the people table that contains the multiple connections.
> So this is where the "selected" values should come from.
>
> Can you clarify if your solution solves this problem or have a different
> solution?
>
> Thanks.
>
> "KARL DEWEY" wrote:
>
> > 1) Is it possible to create a list box that looks up possible values in one
> > table and selected values from another?
> > Yes.  Use a query for the list box source with the two tables joined like
> > this --
> > SELECT Table1.Data1, Table2.Data2
> > FROM Table1 INNER JOIN Table2 ON Table1.Data_X = Table2.Data_Y;
> >
> > 2) is it possible to have a list box with check boxes as the select function
> > (it is easier for the users to understand)
> > Yes.  An Option Group is what you need to do this.
> >

> > --
> > Build a little, test a little.
> >

> > "icccapital" wrote:
> >
> > > I created a database and front end in access 2007.  I am trying to migrate to
> > > sql server express 2005 with the same access front end.  There is a lookup
> > > column in access 2007 database that I am going to replace with a lookup table
> > > and a relation table between the main table and the lookup table to hold the
> > > multiple links between them.
> > >
> > > I have a form that at the moment works well with the lookup column for
> > > obvious reasons (you get the list of available values along with the selected
> > > values for this particular record)  I need to try to recreate this behavior
> > > somehow with the SQL Server back end.
> > >
> > > 1) Is it possible to create a list box that looks up possible values in one
> > > table and selected values from another?
> > >
> > > 2) is it possible to have a list box with check boxes as the select function
> > > (it is easier for the users to understand)
> > >
> > > thanks
Client Table
  ClientCode (nchar(8))
    DATAT
    10thl    ....
    45ghi   ...
    78jku   ...

ClientServiceToClient
  ClientCode(nchar(8))
  ClientServicePerson(nvarchar(255))
     DATA
     10thl    Matt
     10thl    Steve
     45ghi   Steve
     78jku   Laurie
     78jku   Steve

ClientServiceList
  ClientServicePerson(nvarChar(255))
    DATA
    Matt
    Steve
    Laurie

The form is based on the clientcode, which is the primary key for the
information.  On the form I would like to have a control that would list out
Matt, Steve and Laurie and so for clientcode 10thl both Matt and Steve would
be selected and Laurie would be unselected.  For 45ghi only steve would be
selected.  etc.  But in this way the user can unselect steve and select
laurie or unselect everyone or select all possible.

Does that help?

"KARL DEWEY" wrote:

> You are on the right track.  Post your table structure with field names and
> datatype.  Post sample data from the tables.
>
> Do you want to pick a name and have it plug in the account number assoicated
> with that person?
>
> --
> Build a little, test a little.
>

> "icccapital" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the reply.
> >
> > However I am not positive I understand what is being done with regards to
> > the query and the list box source.  I understand the query will return the
> > two columns of data, but how does that work with a list and then the
> > selected's within that list?
> >
> > Maybe I should clarify my issue in case there was some confusion.  I have a
> > lookup table with possible values (Matt, Jen, Steve...) and for each account
> > there can 0 or more of these people on an account.  So what I would like to
> > have happen is that I have a list box with the list of all possible people
> > (ie from people table maybe) and then there is a table between the account
> > account table and the people table that contains the multiple connections.
> > So this is where the "selected" values should come from.
> >
> > Can you clarify if your solution solves this problem or have a different
> > solution?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "KARL DEWEY" wrote:
> >
> > > 1) Is it possible to create a list box that looks up possible values in one
> > > table and selected values from another?
> > > Yes.  Use a query for the list box source with the two tables joined like
> > > this --
> > > SELECT Table1.Data1, Table2.Data2
> > > FROM Table1 INNER JOIN Table2 ON Table1.Data_X = Table2.Data_Y;
> > >
> > > 2) is it possible to have a list box with check boxes as the select function
> > > (it is easier for the users to understand)
> > > Yes.  An Option Group is what you need to do this.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Build a little, test a little.

You lost me.
You have a code (10thl) that represents two people (Matt & Steve).
Then you have three codes that represents Steve (10thl, 45ghi, and 78jku).

When you make the selection where is that selection stored and what are you
storing?

The problem is that if you store a name then there are multiple codes for
that person.  If you store a code then there are multiple names for that code.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"icccapital" wrote:

> Client Table
>   ClientCode (nchar(8))
>     DATAT
>     10thl    ....
>     45ghi   ...
>     78jku   ...
>
> ClientServiceToClient
>   ClientCode(nchar(8))
>   ClientServicePerson(nvarchar(255))
>      DATA
>      10thl    Matt
>      10thl    Steve
>      45ghi   Steve
>      78jku   Laurie
>      78jku   Steve
>
> ClientServiceList
>   ClientServicePerson(nvarChar(255))
>     DATA
>     Matt
>     Steve
>     Laurie
>
> The form is based on the clientcode, which is the primary key for the
> information.  On the form I would like to have a control that would list out
> Matt, Steve and Laurie and so for clientcode 10thl both Matt and Steve would
> be selected and Laurie would be unselected.  For 45ghi only steve would be
> selected.  etc.  But in this way the user can unselect steve and select
> laurie or unselect everyone or select all possible.
>
> Does that help?
>
> "KARL DEWEY" wrote:
>
> > You are on the right track.  Post your table structure with field names and
> > datatype.  Post sample data from the tables.
> >
> > Do you want to pick a name and have it plug in the account number assoicated
> > with that person?
> >
> > --
> > Build a little, test a little.
> >

> > "icccapital" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for the reply.
> > >
> > > However I am not positive I understand what is being done with regards to
> > > the query and the list box source.  I understand the query will return the
> > > two columns of data, but how does that work with a list and then the
> > > selected's within that list?
> > >
> > > Maybe I should clarify my issue in case there was some confusion.  I have a
> > > lookup table with possible values (Matt, Jen, Steve...) and for each account
> > > there can 0 or more of these people on an account.  So what I would like to
> > > have happen is that I have a list box with the list of all possible people
> > > (ie from people table maybe) and then there is a table between the account
> > > account table and the people table that contains the multiple connections.
> > > So this is where the "selected" values should come from.
> > >
> > > Can you clarify if your solution solves this problem or have a different
> > > solution?
> > >
> > > Thanks.

Sorry if that was confusing.  Let me try again to explain better.  We have a
client table.  A client is represented by a code (ie 10thl, 45ghi, 78jku).
We then have 1 or more client service people who service those clients.  So
Steve could service both 10thl, 45ghi and 78jku whereas Laurie only services
78jku.

So my form is built off of a client.  So a client will have an address, a
phone number etc.  But there would also be a control for the person who
services that client.  In access I had represented that as a lookup column in
the client table that allowed you to see all of the possible client service
people and select multiple ones.

To represent that same functionality in sql server express I would have the
schema below, with the ClientServiceToClient table I have all of the client
service people that work with that particular client.  So the key in that
table is both clientcode and clientserviceperson.  Now the idea is to have
all of the possible client service people (maybe pulled from the table
ClientServiceList) and the selected ones would come from those client service
people that are on that client.  So the the select for that would be:  SELECT
CS.ClientServicePerson FROM ClientServiceToClient CS WHERE CS.ClientCode =
"10thl";

Hopefully that makes more sense.  Please let me know if not.

Client Table
> >   ClientCode (nchar(8))
> >     DATAT
> >     10thl    ....
> >     45ghi   ...
> >     78jku   ...
> >
> > ClientServiceToClient
> >   ClientCode(nchar(8))
> >   ClientServicePerson(nvarchar(255))
> >      DATA
> >      10thl    Matt
> >      10thl    Steve
> >      45ghi   Steve
> >      78jku   Laurie
> >      78jku   Steve
> >
> > ClientServiceList
> >   ClientServicePerson(nvarChar(255))
> >     DATA
> >     Matt
> >     Steve
> >     Laurie

Sorry for the confusion, let me try to explain better.  So we have clients
that are contained in the client table and the primary key is clientcode.  In
the client table is a lot of information like address, etc.  In access I had
a lookup column that contained the client service people that service this
client.  Since that doesn't exist in normal sql world, the way I have created
it in SQL Express is to have a ClientServiceToClient table which contains the
clientcode and the clientserviceperson.  Both of these make up the primary
key.  So in this way a client can have multiple people who service it.

So in our example client 10thl is serviced by both Matt and Steve and we
also see that Laurie only services one account 78jku.

So on my form that is based on the client (represented by clientcode) I want
a control that is a drop down list of all client service people (maybe filled
from the clientservicelist table) and the selected client service people
would be those that work on that clients account i.e SELECT
ClientServicePerson FROM ClientServiceToClient WHERE ClientCode = "10thl";

Hopefully that makes more sense.  Thanks for sticking with me on this.

> > Client Table
> >   ClientCode (nchar(8))
> >     DATAT
> >     10thl    ....
> >     45ghi   ...
> >     78jku   ...
> >
> > ClientServiceToClient
> >   ClientCode(nchar(8))
> >   ClientServicePerson(nvarchar(255))
> >      DATA
> >      10thl    Matt
> >      10thl    Steve
> >      45ghi   Steve
> >      78jku   Laurie
> >      78jku   Steve
> >
> > ClientServiceList
> >   ClientServicePerson(nvarChar(255))
> >     DATA
> >     Matt
> >     Steve
> >     Laurie

I think I understand now.   Your combo query to pull list of all service
personnel the possibly service the client shown in the main form.

Try this --
SELECT ClientServicePerson
FROM ClientServiceToClient
WHERE [ClientServiceToClient].[ClientCode] =
[Forms]![YourFormName]![ClientCode];

--
Build a little, test a little.

"icccapital" wrote:

> Sorry for the confusion, let me try to explain better.  So we have clients
> that are contained in the client table and the primary key is clientcode.  In
> the client table is a lot of information like address, etc.  In access I had
> a lookup column that contained the client service people that service this
> client.  Since that doesn't exist in normal sql world, the way I have created
> it in SQL Express is to have a ClientServiceToClient table which contains the
> clientcode and the clientserviceperson.  Both of these make up the primary
> key.  So in this way a client can have multiple people who service it.
>
> So in our example client 10thl is serviced by both Matt and Steve and we
> also see that Laurie only services one account 78jku.
>
> So on my form that is based on the client (represented by clientcode) I want
> a control that is a drop down list of all client service people (maybe filled
> from the clientservicelist table) and the selected client service people
> would be those that work on that clients account i.e SELECT
> ClientServicePerson FROM ClientServiceToClient WHERE ClientCode = "10thl";
>
> Hopefully that makes more sense.  Thanks for sticking with me on this.
>
> > > Client Table
> > >   ClientCode (nchar(8))
> > >     DATAT
> > >     10thl    ....
> > >     45ghi   ...
> > >     78jku   ...
> > >
> > > ClientServiceToClient
> > >   ClientCode(nchar(8))
> > >   ClientServicePerson(nvarchar(255))
> > >      DATA
> > >      10thl    Matt
> > >      10thl    Steve
> > >      45ghi   Steve
> > >      78jku   Laurie
> > >      78jku   Steve
> > >
> > > ClientServiceList
> > >   ClientServicePerson(nvarChar(255))
> > >     DATA
> > >     Matt
> > >     Steve
> > >     Laurie

Convert weekno to a date
I have a week no. (say week 2) in cell A4 and I want to convert that to the Fiday of that week (in cell B7) in the format Fri 14th Jan 2005. Could anybody tell me how to achieve this please. See if this is something you can work with: A4: 2 (The week number) A5: 2005 (The year..you didn't mention if the formula might apply to other years) B7: =DATE(A5,1,CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(DATE(A5,1,1),2),5,4,3,2,1,7,6)+(A4-1)*7) Does that help? •••••••••• Regards, Ron "Box666" wrote: > I have a week no. (say week 2) in cell A4 and I want to convert that > to the Fiday of that week ...

SPELL CHECK
I am unable to use spell check in outlook express....get the message...."an error occurred while the spelling was checked".... any help would be appreciated..thnx...sam If you are on exchange try and remove your profile folder from both the server and the client machine. Had the same problem last week. >-----Original Message----- >I am unable to use spell check in outlook express....get >the message...."an error occurred while the spelling was >checked".... > >any help would be appreciated..thnx...sam >. > Owen <ohein@sasktel.net> wro...

Access denied opening XML attachment
A user on my network cannot open an xml attachment in Outlook 2003. It works fine in previous versions. It says "access denied. Error processing resource." If the file is saved to a drive, then it opens without a problem. Is there some security configuration that would cause this behavior? I have tested on multiple machines and multiple users to rule out profile or other causes. I have also checked security on the tmp folder the file is trying to open from. Any insight would be helpful. -Paul ...

Problem
Ever since I added a Microsoft Exchange Server Account and all it6s associated folders and its in-box to my pre-existing Personal Outlook 2003 POP3 folders, I have had nothing but confusion. The Exchange Server account from my workplace downloads its messages into the in-Box for my private ISP POP3 account and vice versa. When I try to configure a rule for my personal POP3 account so that any messages addressed to my workplace account are loaded into the exchange server in-box on my client PC, the software tells me I have to go on-line to Exchange Server - even to create rules for th...

How to make Access 2007 Navigation pane invisible?
I have tried the Access Options. | Current Database | Navigation, uncheck Display Navigation Pane, and the vertical "Navigation Pane" still displays in a compiled .ade. Something else yet? Dean Slindee "Dean Slindee" <slindee@charter.net> wrote in message news:%23o1Zj8odKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have tried the Access Options. | Current Database | Navigation, uncheck >Display Navigation Pane, and the vertical "Navigation Pane" still displays >in a compiled .ade. > > Something else yet? > > Dean Slinde...

Exch. Server in Child Domain
Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's exchange server? Sure as they are all in the same Exchange org. Nue "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote in message news:uRS2KYKOGHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's > exchange server? > On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:26:37 -0800, "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote: >Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's exchange >serve...

SRM 3.0 for SBS
Trying to "test" install CRM 3.0 for SBS on a SBS 2003 Premium R2 server. Installation gives option to install a sql Report Server or use existing. The one it tries to install is SQL 2000 and the screen says it is not compatible with other versions of SQL. So will the install allow you to connect to the SBS 2003's SQL 2005 Workgroup Report Server? Can;t find this answer anywhere! Thanks, KBB In answer to your first question, yes. You have to install SQL 2005 Reporting Services, then connect to this during CRM setup "KBB" <kbbnospam@dontspamme123.org> w...

Delete doesnt seem to work in SQL
Can someone possibly tell me why my delete statement in sql is not deleting anything. Table1: CurUser | Inventory John Stalls, Machine John Stalls, Pinball John Stalls, Golf Harry Simpson, Tires Harry Simpson, Boats //--------------------------------------------------------------// String FileName = System.IO.Directory.GetCurrentDirectory() + "\\test.db"; string ConnectionString = string.Format(@"Data Source={0};Version=3;New=False", FileName); SQLiteConnection conn = new SQLiteConnection(ConnectionString); conn.Open(); SQLiteCommand cmd = conn.C...

Go To the next empty cell in Column A
Using Vista and Excel 2007, I will be constructing a mailing list with 10 columns. In the first empty row of column A will be added a new name for the list. With 10 columns it is not possible to view Column A from Column L on screen. With hundreds of names to add to the list, I need a fast way to go to the next empty cell in column A to add the next name.. I am familiar with tables in Access where there is an icon that will take me to the next empty cell in column A. Is there a similar one stroke command to take me to the next empty cell in column A from anywhere in an Excel ...

How do I convert time format to text?
I have a cell with a formula of =text(c3-b3,"h:mm") as the difference from cell b3 and c3. Assume the result is 5:00. I need to minus another cell value that is formatted as general text. eg. =text(c3-b3,"h:mm")-G3 Thanks....Andrew Hi Andrew- Try the VALUE() fx and format that cell with your choice of Time Formats. HTH |:>) "Andrew" wrote: > I have a cell with a formula of =text(c3-b3,"h:mm") as the difference from > cell b3 and c3. Assume the result is 5:00. I need to minus another cell value > that is formatted as general text. ...

How can I line up 2 columns with similar information?
I have 2 columns with names in each and I'd like to line them up next to each other. I think we'll need more information, Kathy. I don't understand what you're trying to do. Can you give exactly what's up? ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5C0BC96-7E27-4C55-89A3-03513FC0D409@microsoft.com... >I have 2 columns with names in each and I'd like to line them up next to >each > other. Column A has employee number, Column B has the same employee numbers but has addi...

Need help converting Microsoft Outlook calendar to Entourage.... At wits' end here! Please advise...
I have a Mac at work which runs Microsoft Outlook 2001 client on an Exchange server. I have a calendar on this machine (stored locally, not on the server) which has a ton of reminders programmed into it - very useful! Now, at home I got a new Mac laptop with Entourage X. Is there any way to move all of the reminders (appointments) from my calendar on Outlook to my Entourage calendar? I've tried two things: 1) I exported the calendar info as a CSV text file, and then tried importing it in Entourage. The problem is that Entourage import function seems to think it's importing an Address...

Outlook Opens looking for Exchange Server
A computer club member wishes to used Outlook so that she can sync with her Palm. Environment: Windows XP Pro SP2, IE 7, Windows Genuine Advantage installed. Symptom One: When Outlook is opened, the program is looking for Exchange Server. She is using a laptop with no exchange server available. Symptom Two: When performing Office Update, three items did not install all with error code 0x8024402C: 1. Update for Outlook Junk Mail (KB943591) 2. Office 2003 update SP3 3. Security Update for CAPICOM (KB931906) I suspicion that Office 2003 is a 60 day trial that has never been activated. Are ...

Switching companies using SQL Passthrough
I have an application that uses SQL_Passthrough. As part of the code you must execute a statement that uses the appropriate database. The code looks like this: set SQL_Statements to "use MYDB"; status = SQL_Execute(SQL_connection, field SQL_Statements); This works fine, but my application can be used for any number of databases. At first, I modified it to use the Dex.ini file, which works. Here is the modification: dbname = Defaults_Read("SQLDB"); dbopencommand = "use " + dbname; set SQL_Statements to dbopencommand; status = SQL_Execute(SQL_connection,...

One Record Per Page Printing-Access 2007
Report for daily appointments for senior transportation drivers. Report is grouped by Driver. Keep together is selected. Detail band: Keep together-Yes; Force New Page-Before Section; Can Grow-Yes; Can Shrink-Yes Goal: Report generated so each driver has his/her own appointments. Orientation: Landscape, paper size 8.5 x 14, column width: 13.5729"; column height: 0.3069" When previewing in Print Preview one record per page is appearing rather than all appointments for a driver for a given date. I have the bands as narrow as I can make them. I am missing somethi...

outlook express outgoing email disappears
I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and with different addressees when I send an email it is received by the addressee ok but it is not in my sent items folder so I have no record of it! It does not happen every time -- perhaps about 1 in 6. I'M probably overlooking the obvious. Suggestions welcome. i suggest the outlook express newsgroup -Gary "Sean Dunne" <dunnes@iol.ie> wrote in message news:128d001c3f72d$d457f8f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and > with different addressees when I send an email it...

How do I make a particular column required in Excel? #2
Our NPO is creating a reimbursement chart in Excel. We're trying to make it so that if employees do not fill in one particular column entitled "Projects," they will get an error or will be unable to have a final sum filled in. Is there any way I can make this particular column required so that if it is not filled in, the chart will not complete properly? Thank you in advance for any advice or help--I'm a bit of a novice to this! ...

outlook express 6 password problem
Help I have outlook express 6, windows xp. My internet provider just changed from att broadband to comcast. now i keep getting a password rejected error and i cant receive any mail. i cant seem to find a way to shut off the password. in my wifes page of xp it works ok. Hi, Bill - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these n...

help with lookup formula (sheet 2, not a double post)
I need to make a formula using a lookup. The first spreadsheet is a inventory (ALO INVENTORY JP). The second (P&G 103) is a chart tha tells number of gallons of alcohol per foot/inch/fraction. On ALO INVENTORY JP I insert the # of feet, inches, and the fraction i cells R5 and T5. I want these numbers to lookup the number of gallon off of the P&G 103 worksheet. For example: P&G 103 (on inventory sheet) is 26ft 4 1/2 inches, i should look-up to be 34572 gal. for the 26'4" and 55 gal. for the 1/2" These two numbers should be added together and multiplied by the numbe ...

Transfering to new EXCH Server.
We are trying to transfer to a new Exchange 2003 server so we can reformat the old machine. Mailbox transfers are complete and the new box is hooked up internally and to our outgoing IP. I am able to receive mail from outside the network, but all outgoing mail is stuck in the queue. I have set the Virtual Smtp server to all unassigned, and I have nothing in routing. Im not very familiar with these settings. Is the problem the old exchange server? Is there a way to remove it without uninstalling exchange from the old machine? My non deliverables come back with this error message. ...

MFC Registry Access in Automation Servers (EXE)
I have written a MFC server application (MFC automation server). Some configuration settings are saved with WriteProfileInt /WriteProfileString to the registry. I used SetRegistryKey("Mycompany") for the registry path. The application works fine under different users. Now this application is started as embedded server via my ASP code from the IIS. The machine is a Windows 2003 Web Edition Server. For this case the DCOM and IIS settings uses a predefined user for the ASP code and the COM server. If I start the app per hand now under this user everything is going well. But if the app ...

How do I create a running subtraction column?
In other words, how do I create a column which subtracts from the preceeding cell? Hi you may provide some more details what you're trying to do exactly. Maybe post some example rows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany aschneider wrote: > In other words, how do I create a column which subtracts from the > preceeding cell? If you want the balance in column B, and you are making entries in column A which are to be subtracted from the balance, put the starting balance in B1. In B2 put the formula =B1-A2 On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 08:35:08 -0700, "aschneider" <aschne...

sp_columns does not return NVARCHAR data type columns
Hi, our SQL Server Version is 2000 SP4. For several days the SP "sp_columns" does not return NVARCHAR data type columns any more. I reviewd the SP "sp_columns" and it seems, that the used SP "spt_datatype_info" does not return that type any more. A second production server returns that column type. The SP "sp_columns" is used by the ODBC-Driver to determine the table columns. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot, Nils Ok, my fault, it seems that "spt_datatype_info" is a table and there is no NVARCHAR row. After insert...

center text when conditional format applied
Textbox control on Access 2007 form lost its centered alignment when conditional formatting is applied. This did not happen in previous versions of Access. I tried using format painter to apply conditional formats from a control created in an earlier version, but this failed. The control created in the earlier version then lost it's centering after saving in Access 2007. -- Roy Handy Interesting. I tried to replicate this behaviour but failed, it all worked as it should. Try revisiting your form after applying the conditional formatting and resetting the text box to center text. ...

Restricting SubForm to One Record Entry Per Parent: Access 2007
Hello All, I have a one-to-one relationship between two table. I have successfully added the subform, but I get the option to add additional child records in the Datasheet View. This means that when a user tabs to the next row and enters data they get an error--and they should. Question: How do I restrict the subform to show only one row in Datasheet View? I hope I was clear. Feel free to ask for clarification. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Alcide, You have two options here. If the records are already added to the source of the subform you could set the &qu...