control type - attachment

hi
when im adding a new control attachment into a form , appears some other
controls like ...controlname.filedata ,controlname.fileflag, controlname.
filetimestamp ,controlname.fileURL  etc....

whats all these , r these usefull and needed ?

thanks

This occurs only in Access 2007, and only for multi-valued fields.

The example you gave is for a field of type Attachment. One record can have
multiple attachments. In a query, you can get at the information within each
of the items in the multi-valued field. For example look at the FileType to
see if the attachment is a picture (e.g. JPG), Word document, or whatever.

If you do choose these sub-field elements in a query, the record repeats on
as many rows as it needs to. You generally don't want that in a form.

"chill" <chill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi
> when im adding a new control attachment into a form , appears some other
> controls like ...controlname.filedata ,controlname.fileflag, controlname.
> filetimestamp ,controlname.fileURL  etc....
>
> whats all these , r these usefull and needed ?
>
> thanks

0
Allen
11/24/2007 8:46:41 AM
thanks Allen

may i ask one more question pls ....

in a simple form that comes from  a table , how can i achive scroling
between records using the mouse? there is a key (taskID) and the second value
(task_type) which is a combo box. Using the form wizard i can move from a
record to record pressing the buttons.
thanks

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> This occurs only in Access 2007, and only for multi-valued fields.
>
> The example you gave is for a field of type Attachment. One record can have
> multiple attachments. In a query, you can get at the information within each
> of the items in the multi-valued field. For example look at the FileType to
> see if the attachment is a picture (e.g. JPG), Word document, or whatever.
>
> If you do choose these sub-field elements in a query, the record repeats on
> as many rows as it needs to. You generally don't want that in a form.

> "chill" <chill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi
> > when im adding a new control attachment into a form , appears some other
> > controls like ...controlname.filedata ,controlname.fileflag, controlname.
> > filetimestamp ,controlname.fileURL  etc....
> >
> > whats all these , r these usefull and needed ?
> >
> > thanks

See:
    Scroll records with the mouse wheel in Access 2007
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-70.html

> thanks Allen
>
> may i ask one more question pls ....
>
> in a simple form that comes from  a table , how can i achive scroling
> between records using the mouse? there is a key (taskID) and the second
> value
> (task_type) which is a combo box. Using the form wizard i can move from a
> record to record pressing the buttons.
> thanks
>
> "Allen Browne" wrote:
>
>> This occurs only in Access 2007, and only for multi-valued fields.
>>
>> The example you gave is for a field of type Attachment. One record can
>> have
>> multiple attachments. In a query, you can get at the information within
>> each
>> of the items in the multi-valued field. For example look at the FileType
>> see if the attachment is a picture (e.g. JPG), Word document, or
>> whatever.
>>
>> If you do choose these sub-field elements in a query, the record repeats
>> on
>> as many rows as it needs to. You generally don't want that in a form.
>>
>> "chill" <chill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hi
>> > when im adding a new control attachment into a form , appears some
>> > other
>> > controls like ...controlname.filedata ,controlname.fileflag,
>> > controlname.
>> > filetimestamp ,controlname.fileURL  etc....

0
Allen

Outlook attachments #35
Recently our office upgrading to Outlook 2003. Most of our Directors still use Outlook Express 6.0. Within the office we can send/receive attachments. Directors using Outlook can receive attachements. Directors using Outlook express can not receive attachements. The security settings are fine. Any suggestions? Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> option; Do not allow... For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right foru...

Sorting List Control
Hello everyone, I am having a difficult time sorting a report type list control. It has 3 columns. What I would like to do is that each time a user clicks on a column, I would like to sort it on that column. I hope that makes sense. Its much like the way the Windows Explorer works in which when you click on the filename, it sorts it by filename, and when you click it on type, it sorts it by type etc. I was looking into the CHeaderCtrl gives me control over the header, but I wasn't sure what to do after that.. :( Thanks Take a look here for an example http://www.codeproject.com/lis...

winmail.dat attachments for CRM-tracked emails
Hello, our users are experiencing an issue with CRM-tracked emails from Outlook when the email is sent to Lotus Notes recipients: Email created in Outlook 2003 on Windows XPSP2 with CRM 3.0 desktop or laptop client installed (CRM server running Windows Server 2003SP1, SQL Server 2005SP1) Email has an attachment (usually a PDF file) Email is tracked in CRM using 'Track in CRM' button on new message in Outlook Outlook is using a POP3 mailbox, not Exchange Server Recipient is not using Outlook, usually Lotus Notes Attachment is called winmail.dat and the sender's attachment is gon...

Large Attachments
Outlook Constanly trys to resend an email with an attachment that is too big to email server. As in the email is 12m and outgoing limit is 10m then outlook tries to send and fails then tries again and again. Is there any way to fix this?? By being nice to your sys admin and getting the outgoing limit raised temporarily to allow this to go through. "Jeromy Cullen" <jcullen@csiweb.com> wrote in message news:000f01c352bf$6b7e0d00$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook Constanly trys to resend an email with an > attachment that is too big to email server. As in the > email ...

Cview and Tree control
I have an MDI application which renders opengl scenes in a document. The CView class continously calls opengl library and paints the scene. Here is a screenshot: http://limefocus.net/screenshot.jpg I would like to add a tree control inside the document to manupilate the image generated in the CView. Is it possible to embed a tree control in a CDocument? Thanks. Jess You are mixing the paradigms here. A document does not care how its data is represented. Question you shoud ask is if you can put a tree control in your view. The answer is : absolutely. You can use a splitter to put a t...

Control Access to groups of contacts
I have a client who wants to have a master contact list so he can see the entire list. He has a handful of clients who will need to be able to view overlapping subsets of those contacts, but should not be able to view the entire list. Can access control be applied at this granularity? User Attributes or other Security groups are acceptible components of this access control. For instance, UserA needs to see contacts 1, 3 and 5 UserB needs to see contacts 1, 2, and 3 UserC needs to see contacts 2, 4, and 5 UserD needs to see contacts 1, 3, 4, and 5 ...

OnEvent Click and Tab Controls
Good Day All.. I have an issue that I had posted previously but it did not get resolved. It may partially be my fault for not explaining my need/question correctly. I have a form. The form contains a subform. & a tab control. The subform has 3 fields listed for the user: ShipTo, BillTo & Account Name The tab control has 3 tabs. The first tab is where I am struggling right now. I want the user to select ('click') on the "account" in the subform (data sheet) at the top. Once they click the "account" the fields on the tab control will then fill wit...

Strange Active-X control problem
I was experimenting with the Active-X control "Calendar Control" and everything seemed to be fine on my Win2K development system. I tried executing the program on my WinXP desktop system and as soon as I invoked the dialog that includes the control I got the dreaded "XXX MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close down..." message. Okay, strike one. Perhaps it means that the control isn't registered on that system and I'd appreciate either confirmation or correction on this. BUT ... Then I also tried executing the program on my Win98SE system an...

How do I find the location of the font control in Win XP
Hi All, I'd like to change my fonts every now and then but don't know where to find them. Could someone please tell me where they are an how to use them? Thanks, Don Don, This newsgroup deals with Microsoft Access, a relational database application. You'll have better luck posting this on a newsgroup related to Windows Fonts. Try... microsoft.public.word.printingfonts -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work...

Attachments #118
Hello, I am reciving a lot of email with attachments. I would like save the files enclosed automatically in a directory, if the file extensions are .pdf,... Could do it? Thanks for all, SilviaLl. Look here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm Housekeeping and Message Management Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com "Silviall" <slladoARROBAg...

Cannot preview of open any email with an attachment
I am unable to open or preview any email in Outlook 2003 that has an attachment. This includes old emails I have previously opened. The program locks up and I must to the Task Manager, End Task procedure to close the program. I have run "detect and repair" with no difference in performance. I have created a new .pst and imported my old .pst with no change. Any help would be most appreciated. ...

Unable to open PDF file attachments
Summary: - OS: WINDOWS VISTA - EMAIL SERVICE: WINDOWS MAIL - ADOBE READER 9.3.2 - PROBLEM: UNABLE TO OPEN ANY PDF FILE ATTACHMENTS - ATTEMPTS: UNINSTALLED/REINSTALLED ADOBE READER MULTIPLE TIMES : CHECKED FORUMS : pdf. EXTENSION FILES DEFAULT PROGRAM ADOBE READER NEED HELP URGENTLY EMILY Take a look at this.... http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/236/1/Unable-to-open-PDF-file-attachments-directly-from-Windows-Mail-in-Windows-Vista.html -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "...

Slowness opening Outlook attachment
it would take about 2-3 min to open outlook attachment don't matter what the size is. >-----Original Message----- >it would take about 2-3 min to open outlook attachment >don't matter what the size is. >. >has anybody have fix for that? ...

Saving e-mail including attachments problem
Saving Outlook e-mail including attachments has alwawys worked until recently. Can still save an e-mail but the attachemnts disappear. Please help! ...

Downloading of Attachments from a POP3 Server
Is there a way to configure Outlook 2007 to download headers and bodies of emails with attachments but not download the attachments? When needing to use a dial-up connection, having this ability will allow reading emails but not tie up the connection for hours downloading the attachments. Thanks! -- System Administrator Sprotte + Watson Architecture and Planning Vista, CA System Administrator wrote: > Is there a way to configure Outlook 2007 to download headers and > bodies of emails with attachments but not download the attachments? > When needing to use a dial-up c...

Entourage won't forward attachments
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have a user that is no longer able to forward attachments. When she clicks Forward on a message that has attachments the message is preserved but the attachments are lost. I know she could use &quot;Forward as Attachment&quot; but then the person on the receiving end of the message has to open the original message to get to the attachment. These are just normal files in the attachments, jpeg's, pdf's ect. Also, the machine is running fully updated 13.0.4 entourage EWS conne...

Outlook07-message with mp3 attachment won't send/stalls in outbox
)I can recieve mp3 attachments, multiple pictures, files, etc. but when I try to send more than 3 pictures or one mp3 (9.43 to 13.0mb size), outlook stalls and doesn't allow me to send any emails with these attachments. I can send regular files with no problem but not these. It is frustrating, does anyone know how I can fix this in Outlook so it will work? Thanks -- jani jani wrote: > )I can recieve mp3 attachments, multiple pictures, files, etc. but when I try > to send more than 3 pictures or one mp3 (9.43 to 13.0mb size), outlook stalls > and doesn't all...

Control Button
Hello I need some help with a form. What I am trying to do is, to place a button on a form in MS Access so that when you click on it, in another field it will display a number one. If you click on the same button again it will change the one to a two and so on. Wes Private Sub YourCommandButton_Click() YourTextBox = YourTextBox + 1 End Sub -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200705/1 "Wes Derhak" <derhak.wg@shaw.ca&...

Printer Control
I have a printer control on my form and when I use it, it prints to the default printer. I would like for it to bring up the screen to allow me to select which printer to use, like when you use the file/print way. thanks Blair Private Sub Command310_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command310_Click DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 8, , acMenuVer70 DoCmd.PrintOut acSelection DoCmd.GoToControl "CloseFemaleCards" Exit_Command310_Click: Exit Sub Err_Command310_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Command310_Click End Sub This will call the print...

How do you control the color/pattern of a pie chart?
I need help with my pie charts. I need to create pie charts that are easily understood in B&W. How do I set the color or pattern for each portion of my pie chart? Hi, To format a slice you need to select it first. Click the pie once to select all slices. Click again to select individual slice. You can use the Fill Effects > Patterns to fill with b/w patterns. Also in print preview the Setup dialog has a Print Black & White option on the Chart Tab. Note this is only visible if you have a chart sheet or select the chartobject before print preview. If you are printing chartobje...

ActiveX control being added to outgoing e-mail?
I have a user running Outlook 2003 via Exchange 2000. All outgoing messages sent by his system apparently have an ActiveX control in them. Any messages I try to open on another machine give the alert "Your current Security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls..." Could this mean the user has a virus? Something else? Any help is appreciated, and a direct reply to me is appreciated as well. Thanks, John M John discovered this was due to bad signature or stationary files in Outlook. I had the same problem with a user and tested this theory. There was indeed some c...

print attachement
Hello, I would like Outlook to check for a specific attachement in incoming email (for example all attached word documents in format "ras*.doc") and to print the attached document automatically. Is is possible using rules ? do I need a script ? any idea how to do it ? Thank you ...

attachments #45
I cannot open Word or excell attachments from my email. I can open jpeg attachments. Any ideas? I am on outlook 2000 Buddy "buddy@busylad.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:051d01c3d63d$bf42c8c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I cannot open Word or excell attachments from my email. I > can open jpeg attachments. Any ideas? I am on outlook 2000 > Buddy You do have Word and Excel installed, don't you? ...

Removing attachment from reply
I want to reply to a message with an attachment without sending the attachment back, simply and easily "crownnut" <crownnut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8F6825E-69E1-410E-846F-4D8139AAB456@microsoft.com... > I want to reply to a message with an attachment without sending the > attachment back, simply and easily Reply shouldn't keep the attachment by default. Replies do not include the attachment. Forwards include attachments. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "crownnut" <crownnut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Timing-Out Error Message for 1 MB Attachment
I'm getting a Timing-Out Error Message when I send an attachment that's about 1.0 MB. It started after some (Microsoft, I think) updates and it seems like it should be easy to change some criteria in Outlook, but haven't found it yet. I can still send the attachment thru BellSouth/DSL mailbox, so why won't Outlook handle it? Any help would be appreciated. ...