connecting to data access page with filter criteria

I have an access database that I connect to from a GIS application (ArcView)
using VBscript. I need to port my GIS project to the free viewer (ArcReader)
which does not support VBscript but does support hyperlinking to a URL based
on a value supplied by an underlying record.

In my current project I can send filter critera to open a particular
database, form and record. Would it be possible to do the same using data
access pages or would I need to create a separate page for each record I want
linked?

Oulook Express 6 Connection problem
Recently, I am having serious problems not being able to secure a connection when sending e-mail via Outlook Express6. I am getting a Cannot find server message Number 0x800cccCO131. Many times, Outlook disconnects altogether and I frequently get a "Can't Find Page" message for either Inbox, or Sent folders although in some instances thhe message disappears and the folder appears as I wsitch folders. This is all very disconcerting and affects my business as well as costing many hours of lost downtime. Need help fast (before I lose my mind--or business). Stan Bodner Hi - ...

Chinese computers connecting to Exchange 5.5
Hi, We're trying to get some people in a new Chinese office connected to our Exchange 5.5 SP4 server running on NT 4 via a VPN. They are using Windows XP and Outlook 2003, as we are. When they try to create a MAPI profile, it just times out after forty five seconds when Check Name is clicked. Our firewall shows the RPC and TCP high port connections are occurring. The security event log does show a successful logon. When they try to connect by Outlook Express and POP3, they get a message of "There is no such mailbox on this server" when there definitely is. They are able to u...

A program is trying to access email addresses...
Since yesterday, when I send an email, I get this message in a dialogue box, "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this. If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'No'." I have Outlook 2002 SP3 version, and I just recently downloaded Office updates. How do I turn this off? Or, do I have some other kind of problem? Thanks, David David, Please see the information on the following web page. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT]...

Find Oldest date based on two criteria.
I am having an issue trying to figure out this issue.. I have tried a MIN, but it doesnt seem to work correctly.. I have three columns One with a State, one with a Code and one with a date. The Code can have say EA12 EA23 EA45 and FG12 FG34 FG56 What I need to have happen is that when State= NY and CODE Starts with EA find me the oldest date in the column. Example A B C NY EA12 1/1/2009 NY EA24 2/28/2009 CT EA12 3/2/2009 NY FG34 4/5/2009 ME FG45 5/1/2009 NY EA12 ...

I can't get Outlook to connect to an IMAP4 server
I'm trying to connect Outlook 2000 SP3 (Windows XP Pro, all patches installed, 700 MHz Pentium III, 320 Mb RAM) to Mercury/32 v. 4.01 (Windows 2000 Pro, all patches installed, 350 MHz, 416 Mb RAM). The machines are on a small network running Ethernet (100Base-T full duplex) using a Linksys router/switch. The IMAP server PC has a static IP (192.168.1.222) - the Outlook machine does not. I know that the static IP is correct - can connect to Mercury's HTTP server by pointing Internet Explorer 6 at the IP. I have two problems: 1. When I create an IMAP account, I do not get an...

Configuring Outlook 2003 client to connect to Exch F/E
Hi All, Forgive me if this has been asked before!!! We have 1 exchange 2003 Enterprise edition sevrer in our AD Forest. I want to introduce another exchange 2003 Enterprise server into our AD forest for DR. After I do this I want to introduce a Exch F/E into our forest and leave it behind our firewall. Right now Outlook clients connect to EXCH-01 when we add the F/E server does Outlook automatically configure the client to connect to the F/E server. If not what are the steps to configure the clients to connect Thanks in advance for your answers. Tony An Exchange server supporting th...

Create an index based on multiple criteria
Ok...here's what I'm trying to acheive: I am trying to create a form which will calculate who's signature is required based on several criteria. The three cases for the signatures are: District Sales Manager (DSM) only DSM & Managing Director (MD) DSM, MD, & Sales Director (SD) There are three factors used to determine the required signatures. So, there are three text boxes on my form. I have named those controls as follows: txtCM (Contribution Margin) [intCM] txtRV (Revenue) [intRV] txtCst (Cost) [intCST] And here are the different scenarios: 1. If intCM > 30 and i...

Sorting Data #8
Does anyone know how to sort a column with a second word inside a cell? Create a "helper" column to extract the word(s) of interest. Then, sort on the helper column. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6551CBFF-5087-499A-873B-1DAAF41AA5E5@microsoft.com... Does anyone know how to sort a column with a second word inside a cell? What function is the one I use to extract...

Shared Access .mdb
A stupid question, but... I inherited and old Access application that often got corrupted & whatnot. I made a new .mdb and filled it with the still needed data & forms (weeded out some old stuff). In our current setup, we have a NAS and we use a shared network folder where the old application resides. Our users open it directly from there. The old application is set up as a replication master, but everyone simply opens it from that single location. If I drop my new application in the same location and use the same M.O., do I need to set up a new replication? Everyone simply op...

using Access Data
I have a slight problem with Charts in Excel & Access. I'm creating charts that can use up to 50,000 data points (if not more) and in Excel there is significant lag time (up to 2 minutes just to rescale an axis or change the title). I decided to try and use Access to organize the data, but creating a chart in Access is a pain because there is a 4000 data point limit per series (really stupid). My question is: Is there a way to link the data from Access to an Excel chart without importing the data (importing would just cause my initial problem)? I do know some basic...

Problems with a form in Access 2000
Hello all, We are using Windows 2000 pro with Access 2000. We are having this problem on one machine only. There is an input form that has a memo field in it. When the guy tries to hightlight some text in that memo field, it highlights the whole memo field as soon as he clicks in it instead of letting him choose what data to highlight. Sticky keys are not on, on his machine, I checked that. The database has a front end and a back end and he is working in the front end. To make the problem go away, he has to restart his machine. What could possibly be the problem? Thanks, GMC ...

Access 2.0 to Access 97 10-07-04
I would like to convert a db from Access 2.0 on one pc to Access 97 on another pc on my network. I'm new to access, so any input you can give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Hi, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. To convert an Access 2.0 database to 97, in Access 97 go to Tools, Convert Database on the menu bar. Select the Access 2.0 database to convert. If you have errors converting, try importing the objects instead of converting (File, Get External Data, Import). Please note that you might have code that needs to be updated or...

Connection String
I have the code below that requires the connection string, my question is what connection string do I have to supply within the access file itself Dim obRecSet As Recordset Dim obConn As New Connection Dim sSQL As String sSQL = "SELECT * FROM [Order Details] WHERE OrderID = " & OrderID 'Get all Order detail records obConn.Open Set obRecSet = obConn.Execute(sSQL) obConn.Close 'Loop for each record While obRecSet.EOF = False 'Update the submit flag UpdateSubmit (obRecSet.Properties("OrdeDetailID")) 'Update the cash book 'Insert log record o...

Outlook 2000 unable to connect to Exchange 2003 mailbox
I've just moved over 2500 users from Ex2K servers to Ex2K3. At the same time I also changed the Directory Access servers to use specific DCs and GCs, rather than leaving it set to automatic. The day after moving the mailboxes all was fine...but after a couple of days users report problems when accessing their mailboxes. When the open Outlook and choose 'Connect' Outlook freezes. When they open Outlook in Offline mode and hit Send and Receive it gets to the Retrieving mail stage before again freezing. I've since returned Directory Access to Automatic and the only way I&...

can i import a database from access into visio #2
im want to import a database from access to visio in hopes it will draw my er digram for me. any syggestions? ...

How do I change an ODBC connection?
I have a spreadsheet that refers to an MS Access db through an odbc connection. If I move that spreadsheet and db to another location I get errors stating it cannot find the path to the db. I created a new ODBC connection, named the same as the old and pointing to the relocated db but no luck. I also checked the registry and the ODBC connection is pointed to the correct, new, location. ...

Connectivity with Nortel, Avaya, Alcatel, Siemens et al PABX
I would like to know if anyone have already developed connectivity to different PABX? -- Grace Genesys has a G-Plus adapter that will work with MSCRM. They support most of the phone switches on the market. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 17:52:06 -0800, "Grace" <Grace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I would like to know if anyone have already developed connectivity to different PABX? ...

SUMIF with Mutiple Ranges & Criteria
I'm doing a sales report and have a single sheet with all my call/resul metrics on it. I want to use SUMIF (I think ;) ) to calculate the cells in particular column if a cell in a specific column has a specific tex entry as well as a different text entry in another column (the tw columns are region and district). I know how do do a singl range/criteria in a SUMIF statement, but I don't know how to ad multiple SUMIF range/criterias. So basically here is what I am looking for: Sum a particular column G if column F equals "East Enterprise" an column V equals "CSI"...

Data manipulation
I am trying to manipulate a fairly simple weekly schedule. On Sheet 1, column A contains names, Row 1 contains Days of the week. The cells in column B contain a number indicating the shift that the person is supposed to work. It looks like this: Sun Joe 6 Bill 7 Bob 7 Frank 11 On Sheet 2, I want to turn this data around so that the column headings are the shift time and underneath there is a list of people on each shift. It should look like: 6 7 11 Joe Bill Frank Bob Unfortunately, there may be a different numb...

DPM 2007 SP1: Windows Server 2008 R2: Could not connect to SQL Server Reporting Server because of IIS Connectivity issues
Hi, I'm experiencing "Could not connect to SQL Server Reporting Server because of IIS Connectivity issues" and checked the wildcard script mappong permission for ISAPI Extentions in IIS 7: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb795696.aspx Actually in my Windows Server 2008 R2 this was already ok But still it does not work. Did anybody get this to run? Thanks, Adrian Adrian Miller ...

Data Validation #23
Rather than writing some VBA to restrict entries into a cell I thought I would use the data validation! All I am trying to do is restrict the user to having to select from the from pick from list box. I believe I have set things up correctly, but I cannot stop the use from adding spaces! The use is restricted from using his own codes, but I cannot seem to stop him from manually adding (in error) unnecessary spaces either before or after his selection. What happens is he selects from the list, but he can them manually edit the cell. It does not allow him to use entries that are not ...

Excel Data Connections to Access Queries: Limits?
I have an Access 2007 database with data connections to: + Sharepoint Lists + SMS SQL tables/views I've written Access queries that use tables from those data connections. I want to use Excel to connect to those queries in the Access database to run various reports (such as charts, lists, etc...) However, I'm having 2 problems: 1) In Excel, when I go to Data / Get External Data / From Access, I cannot see all of the queries listed in the Access Database. 2) The queries I do see only return a small subset of records. (I've tested the query within Access, and I should get 17...

sync Outlook data between multiple computers
Looking for a way to sync both contacts and caledar on two different computers (single user). A tablet PC and a laptop running Win XP w/either Office 2002 or 2003 with peer to peer network. Do you have IR on both? At any rate, see if one of these solutions works for you: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer rweaver <anonymous@discussions....

Data is populating the same in EVERY record in the DB
I'm trying to assist a user who changed the name of a field in a form. After doing so, the information she enters into the field populates in EVERY record in the DB. Does anyone have any ideas on the cause of this and how to correct it? I know absolutely nothing about Access (or any other DB for that matter). -- Thanks, Todd On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 12:36:02 -0700, Todd <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to assist a user who changed the name of a field in a form. After >doing so, the information she enters into the field populates in EVERY >rec...

Can you sort Excel data by font color?
I heard that you can sort Excel data by font or column colors. Is this true and how do you do it? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm and http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Help Me Sort" <Help Me Sort@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EF1E9176-5818-4185-9DD7-A74A613914E2@microsoft.com... >I heard that you can sort Excel data by font or column colors. Is this >true > and how do you do it? Only with VBA or helper columns: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByC...