Conditional Formatting Access 07

I can use the sorting feature on my date columns in a continuious form but
when I add a Conditional Format equal to a simple date value to one of them,
I get a message stating "You have entered an expression that has an invalid
reference to the property page - The property may not exist or may not apply
to the object you specified" This is true on all of my fields but when I
remove the formating, the message does not appear.
How do I stop this?

What are you entering into the Conditional Formatting?
--
Bob Larson
Access World Forums Super Moderator

"Wigley" wrote:

> I can use the sorting feature on my date columns in a continuious form but
> when I add a Conditional Format equal to a simple date value to one of them,
> I get a message stating "You have entered an expression that has an invalid
> reference to the property page - The property may not exist or may not apply
> to the object you specified" This is true on all of my fields but when I
> remove the formating, the message does not appear.
> How do I stop this?
I am using Field Value Is - equal to #12/30/2030#

"boblarson" wrote:

> What are you entering into the Conditional Formatting?
> --
> Bob Larson
> Access World Forums Super Moderator
> Utter Access VIP
> Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com
> If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post.
> __________________________________
>

> "Wigley" wrote:
>
> > I can use the sorting feature on my date columns in a continuious form but
> > when I add a Conditional Format equal to a simple date value to one of them,
> > I get a message stating "You have entered an expression that has an invalid
> > reference to the property page - The property may not exist or may not apply
> > to the object you specified" This is true on all of my fields but when I
> > remove the formating, the message does not appear.
> > How do I stop this?
If you are wanting the field that has that date to show up as formatted when
that date occurs, and it won't occur for 23 years, so I'm not sure what you
are doing, it would be just

12/30/2030
or if it tells you it needs the # delimiters it would just be

#12/30/2030#

entered into the conditional format formula section - No equal sign, or
words to the effect of equal to.

If you want a different text box to be the criteria then you would change
the "Field Value Is" to "Expression Is" and the formula would be
[YourOtherFieldNameHere]=#12/30/2030#

--

"Wigley" wrote:

> I am using Field Value Is - equal to #12/30/2030#
>
> "boblarson" wrote:
>
> > What are you entering into the Conditional Formatting?
> > --
> > Bob Larson
> > Access World Forums Super Moderator
> > Utter Access VIP
> > Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com
> > If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post.
> > __________________________________
> >

> > "Wigley" wrote:
> >
> > > I can use the sorting feature on my date columns in a continuious form but
> > > when I add a Conditional Format equal to a simple date value to one of them,
> > > I get a message stating "You have entered an expression that has an invalid
> > > reference to the property page - The property may not exist or may not apply
> > > to the object you specified" This is true on all of my fields but when I
> > > remove the formating, the message does not appear.
> > > How do I stop this?
Since Access is notorious for sending error messages that don't really
reflect the actual error, I'll ask what seems like an obvious question: Are
you sure the field you're doing the CF on is, in fact, a date field, as
opposed to a text field that you're entering "dates" into?

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
12/27/2007 1:01:26 AM
Your assumption is correct, it is a date field. This same CF works just fine
in Access 03 but I get the message in Access 07. The access file was
converted from 03 to 07. After I answere OK to the error message, the sorting
is correct and the formatting is correct.

"Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Since Access is notorious for sending error messages that don't really
> reflect the actual error, I'll ask what seems like an obvious question: Are
> you sure the field you're doing the CF on is, in fact, a date field, as
> opposed to a text field that you're entering "dates" into?
>
> --
> There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>
> Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

I am using the predefined aspects of CF and the # is added automatically by
access. I am not using anything but the predefined functionality of the built
in formatting formulas - no = sign or other words. 12/30/2030 is a value we
use to prevent an action from occuring becasue it is 23 years from now.

"boblarson" wrote:

> If you are wanting the field that has that date to show up as formatted when
> that date occurs, and it won't occur for 23 years, so I'm not sure what you
> are doing, it would be just
>
> 12/30/2030
> or if it tells you it needs the # delimiters it would just be
>
> #12/30/2030#
>
> entered into the conditional format formula section - No equal sign, or
> words to the effect of equal to.
>
> If you want a different text box to be the criteria then you would change
> the "Field Value Is" to "Expression Is" and the formula would be
> [YourOtherFieldNameHere]=#12/30/2030#
>

> --
> Bob Larson
> Access World Forums Super Moderator
> Utter Access VIP
> Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com
> If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post.
> __________________________________
>

> "Wigley" wrote:
>
> > I am using Field Value Is - equal to #12/30/2030#
> >
> > "boblarson" wrote:
> >
> > > What are you entering into the Conditional Formatting?
> > > --
> > > Bob Larson
> > > Access World Forums Super Moderator
> > > Utter Access VIP
> > > Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com
> > > If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post.
> > > __________________________________

Conditional formatting
Is it possible to shade fields progressively darker or lighter depending on the values. For example, I would like the following values to have the following colours: -5 dark red -4 lighter red -3 slightly lighter red -2 etc, etc 1 light green 5 dark green One step further - would it be possible to tell excel to work out which is the lowest and highest number in the data set and work out for itself how light or dark to shade the values e.g, if my dataset happened to have the values -50, -40, etc excel would work out which was a low value and which was a high one. Conditional formatting ...

Formatting data table
I have a data table shown under a diagram. However it won't display all the decimals. I.e. in the input to the diagram for january 2006 is 1.123, but only 1.1 is shown in the data table. The only solution seems to be to enlarge the diagram but this is not an option in this particular case! As a last resort I could embed a table under a traditional diagram without the data table, but that is second best. Looking forward to any help If you right click on the data table you can change the font size by clicking on 'format data table' and the font tab. You can type in the size ...

conditional formatting of row based on cell
I want to apply conditional formatting to a whole row based on the contents of one cell in that row. For example, if cell L2 contains the word 'sport', i want the whole of row 2 to be shaded. I'm guessing this is pretty simple, but seem to be having a bit of a mental blockage. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks :) formula is =$l$2="sport" "Katherine" <katherine@katherine.com> wrote in message news:107b01c372ef$4ec59e30$a101280a@phx.gbl... > > I want to apply conditional formatting to a whole row > based on the contents of one...

Updating 20k+ rows from Excel to access. vbscript? VBA? SQL?
Any suggestions? Some of these rows only need a few columns updated, and others need all of them updated. If possible if say row 800 column 'S' is filled in the access DB but is blank on the excel spreadsheet, if possible i like to keep the existing data in access and over right it with a blank cell. The spreadsheet is a export of the access DB, changes were made/merged from other spreadsheets so the Unique ID is the same and in column A. A script suggestions to complete this? Thanks :) dim dbe dim db dim ssql set dbe = createobj("dao.dbengine.36") set db = dbe.openda...

Prevent User to grant mailbox access permission
Hi, there, By default, in Outlook user can grant other user access permission to his/her mailbox folder. But, our company doesn't want this. Is there anyway to prevent user to grant access permission to his/her own mailbox and sub- folders? Any input is much appreciated. David ...

Custom Format for WEEKNUM(Today())
I am using WEEKNUM in Excel to do some COUNTIF functions and have problems with matches because Excel returns a single digit rather than 2 of weeks 1 throuhg 9 of any given year. Using teh COUNTIF function 20051 then mathmatically is the same as 200510. Is there some way to format the week returned to be 2 digits? -- RonB Hi Something like this: =TEXT(WEEKNUM(A1),"00") Arvi Laanemets "RonB" <ronb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB373DCB-47DC-48C6-AB3C-9D9B284E4A73@microsoft.com... > I am using WEEKNUM in Excel to do some COUNTIF func...

MS Access to MS excel
When I'm Access�. After a report has been generated (in Word format) I usually merge i with MS Excel and then email it off to our clients. However the forma of some of the fields change when this merge takes place. The date column will be in a date format in Access but when merged wit Excel the date format changes to a text format (what this means is tha the properties of the date column changes when the merge takes place) This change affects how our clients ingest the data I send them Yo can see this by going into one of the date cells in Excel and checkin the properties. I am u...

Query by Form Problem 06-19-07
I'm using QBF with about six different combo boxes using: [forms]! [formmain]! [combo1] or [forms]![formmain1]![combo1] -like in a VBA book. This is so users can select criteria on a form with the combo boxes, and when they are done, they hit the search button, and it opens up another form based on the query just performed by the combo selection. This worked for about three combo boxes, but when I added another one, it freezes up and opens up a blank page. It's supposed to open the new form based on the query. Is there a better way to do this? I've looked exhaustive...

SUMIF with two conditions ? #2
I have 3 colums colum A G7705 colum B 300 colum C Units I need sum the units in colum C if colum A & B = "G77053000" Can somone Help =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="G7705"),--(B1:B10=300),C1:C10) Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Mestrella31" wrote: > I have 3 colums > > colum A G7705 > colum B 300 > colum C Units > > I need sum the units in colum C if colum A & B = "G77053000" > > Can somone Help Ok I did that & it worked, now when I try to get the data from another worksheet it gives me wrong data, do you know why? ...

How do I format a field based on the value
I have a form that is populated from a query using several tables. In the detail section I have the following fields: Category Code qty PO number ... .... ... The qty is populated in the query based on whether or not a PO number is available. If the PO number is not available then it comes from table a, if it is available then it comes from table b. On the form, I have my fields color-coded for easy reading. I would like to be able to color the border and column heading based on where this value comes from. If table A, then it is blue, if table b then it...

Formatting number in Data Table
I am using Excel 2007. I have a spreadsheet that the figures can be negative or positve. I have formatted the cells with this custom format $#,##0;[Red]$-#,##0. On the spreadsheet the format works fine. I created a chart from the data. I have a data table at the bottom of the chart. The problem is that the format from the spreadsheet is not reflected in the data table. When I click on Format Data Table, there is no option for number formatting. There is a number formatting option available when i click Format Axis, but this doesn't change it, because the actual axis is Text. Is th...

Format Painter button problem
When I wish to format several cells the same I double click the format painter and I am able to format each cell without reclicking the button. I have just upgraded to Excel 2003 and now I can only do that on a worksheet that hasn't any VBA code attached. Is this a bug? I know other people on Mr Excel are having the same problem and no one seems to have an answer. Thanks for any response or help you may give me. Skip Depends upon the VBA code attached, I would imagine. If you have worksheet event code that formatted cells, this formatting would overwrite what you painted with the...

Insert Row Under current row (with formulas/formatting)
I've got a sheet that gets appended to regularly but have to do a lot of fiddling to make sure the formatting is correct, calculated fields get added and chart series ranges collect all the data every time I add a new row. The insert (row) command seems to take care of all of this but it inserts the empty row above the current row. As I'm always appending data to the sheet, I would prefer this to be below the current row. I've tried adding a dummy row under all the data containing the formulas and formatting I need but unfortunately I get formula errors and it screws up my chart....

Formatting four pages onto one 12x18 sheet
I'm trying to figure out how to format a 12 x 18 sheet with four individual 5.5 x 8.5 pages on it. Any ideas? The closest I can get is under page setup...selecting "postcards" and that will give me three pages per sheet, but I need four. Any ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated. If your printer can be custom setup to 12 x 18 then you can divide it into four parts. Are you sure you aren't trying to setup a 11 x 17 landscaped sheet? In any event, setup your printer first. File, Page Setup, Advanced on the right, type 18 width, 12 height or 17 width, 11 ...

can add multiple analysis code in a single FRx Row format
Currently we can add several analysis code in FRx Row format by using several rows (each row will contain only 1 analysis code - limitation of FRx with MDA). The client has many analysis codes in each analysis group. What they need is to add some of the analysis code in a single row; separating it into several rows will add more work in designing the FRx report. There should be a way for next releases of FRx to handle adding mulitple analysis codes in a single row or column of the report. ...

where databases are to be stored in Access
i don't know where databases are to be stored in access, im excited about the search on access in order to be a professional user like others. cheers Microsoft Access uses a single file, with the ".mdb" extension, to store everything. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ "darkus" <darkus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0933B08B-2051-4C0F-B0E7-D644C7E7B606@microsoft.com... > i don't know where ...

Trouble with time formats
Any help appreciated! I need to work out the average speed it would take to cover a certain distance. EG. If you covered 10 miles in 28 minutes what would teh average speed be... Column A: 10 miles Column B: 28 minutes Column C: Would return 21.43mph. I then want to to add time increments of say 15 seconds in rows so that I can see that if it took 28 minutes, 45 seconds, the average speed column would return 20.87mph. I can work it out by entering 28.75 for the time (or 70.50 for 1h,10m,30s), but I want to format it as time, i.e: 00:28:45 (or 01:10:30) Is this possible? Thanks...

Excel's column width format box
Does anyone know why I am unable to enter a number into Excel's column width box, yet using the mouse, I am able to adjust the width. When opening the text box, I can delete the number that appears, but am unable to even reenter that one after it is deleted. I must tell you that I'm a new user who's working through numerous tutorials. Thanks, Hi do you get an error message or what happens exactly -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rly2rys wrote: > Does anyone know why I am unable to enter a number into Excel's > column width box, yet using the mouse, I am ...

Conditional SUM #2
Hello. In one table I have IdPassage, IdChunk, and ChunkValue fields. The Passage is composed for Chunks. The addition the Sum of Chunks is the length of the Passage. In a Form I need to SUM the ChunkValue, only of the same Passage. How I can make this, please? Anticipatedly grateful. an Hi type the passage id in say cell A2 on the sheet that you want to display the sum in B2 (or where you want the total) type =SUMIF(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$20000,A2,Sheet1!$C$2:$C$20000) where Sheet1!$A$2:$A$20000 is the range containing the IdPassage information and Sheet1!$C$2:$C$20000 is the range containing...

Copying sorksheet formatting
How do I copy worksheet formatting, inc. custom headers, footers, column & row formatting across all the worksheets in a workbook? Hi one way: formating them all at the same time: - group the sheets (hold down the SHIFT key while selecting the sheets) - apply the format to a cell, column, row -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany driverdriver wrote: > How do I copy worksheet formatting, inc. custom headers, > footers, column & row formatting across all the worksheets > in a workbook? You can also select the entire sheet with CTRL+A and do Edit / Copy, then group yo...

Lebans tooltip control 10-28-07
I am trying to use the tooltip control on a form with a tab control, on which are the other controls I want to show information for. On controls that are outside the tab control, it works fine; on controls inside the tab control, the tooltip shows on text boxes only when they have the focus, and on check boxes not at all. I've tried every naming scheme for controls I can think of, without any luck. Anybody have any ideas about this??? Is it the same problem as using a subform???? I am using ACCESS 2003 -- Jack Walsh ...

Can I use 'or' in conditional formatting?
I'd like to have 4 conditions, Red, Yellow, and Green. But I have two conditions for green, without using two conditions for green is there a way to use OR somehow to beat the limit? Thanks, Norm PS Win2000 + XL2002 Sure ... just click on "Formula Is", and you can use "OR" for more then two conditions. For example: =OR(A1=2,A1=4,A1="good",A1="bad") Will trigger the set format if "any" of the above equate to "True". -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all corr...

Newb question: How did my Form_.... Access Class Objects get crea
I have an access database that originally was created in office 2003 access. I am not in 2007 Access. When I go into the IDE, I can see, under Microsoft Office Access Class Objects, a set of what appears to be modules named: - Form_form abc - Form_form xyz etc Each of these corresponds to an actual form I have created, and includes subroutines like Private Sub RefreshAssetTable() ImportExcel End Sub Private Sub Command4_Click() ImportExcelAssets End Sub by default. Now, my question: How did this class "modules" (and I know that is the wrong term) get created? I &...

Combo Box 11-21-07
Hi I have a database where on the main form (it's a pop-up), there's a combo box that allows the user to select a person's name. That should bring up the record and display the data. However, for some reason, it's stopped working? The Name field at the top of the form now reads "#Name?" even though the field is specified as "Client"&FirstName& and I get an error message of "The expression After Update you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Object or class does not support the set of events" Can someone ...

What can stop a PC from displaying Access 2000/2003 text & background colours?
Can anyone suggest a reason why a specific Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop should be unable to display any of the text or background colours on an utterly basic test form with only a couple of text boxes and no VBA code on an otherwise empty test database? The problem also happens with an application of mine using Access 2003 runtime - but only on this PC. It runs fine on several other PCs. I have applied every available Windows XP Home update and every available Office 2000 update to no effect. The laptop (set to 32-bit colour) can display digital colour photographs without any problem and ...