COMMAND BUTTONS - ACCESS 2007

i have used office access 2000 and 2003 and have successfully utililized
command buttons to transfer control from a primary form to selected records
in a sub form showing detail records per a specific record in the primary
form.

since using access 2007 i have not been able to use this same procedure.
using the command button wizard,  i click " open the form and find specific
data to display " and click next.  i select field in primary form and also
select field from detail form [ both have same fieldname ] and click  < - >
to show matching fields, and click next.

using primary form, i highlight specific record i want to view the details
and no matter what record i select ,  detail for all records are displayed.

the location of all my data files have been placed in a trusted location and
check box selected to include sub folders of this location.

any help would be appreciated         thank you           mike

hmmm  the child form does not seem to be responding correctly based upon the
parent/child link......

I myself have not seen that problem in my 07 work; but I have seen odd
behavior at times....

Assuming you have completely deleted that subform and re-added it (probably
more than once by now....)

--
NTC

"MIKE" wrote:

> i have used office access 2000 and 2003 and have successfully utililized
> command buttons to transfer control from a primary form to selected records
> in a sub form showing detail records per a specific record in the primary
> form.
>
> since using access 2007 i have not been able to use this same procedure.
> using the command button wizard,  i click " open the form and find specific
> data to display " and click next.  i select field in primary form and also
> select field from detail form [ both have same fieldname ] and click  < - >
> to show matching fields, and click next.
>
> using primary form, i highlight specific record i want to view the details
> and no matter what record i select ,  detail for all records are displayed.
>
> the location of all my data files have been placed in a trusted location and
> check box selected to include sub folders of this location.
>
> any help would be appreciated         thank you           mike
I believe it's an issue with Access 2007.

I used to do similiar command buttons that either: 1. filtered a current
form to criteria specified in a text box  or 2. Opened another form and found
specific data.

This does not work in 2007 in the same manner it did in Access 2000 or 2003.
It doesn't appear to work at all actually. I don't believe it's related to
the use of a subform at all, the SQL Where statement appears correct but
doesn't work...

 Does anyone know if there is a fix in the works?

"MIKE" wrote:

> i have used office access 2000 and 2003 and have successfully utililized
> command buttons to transfer control from a primary form to selected records
> in a sub form showing detail records per a specific record in the primary
> form.
>
> since using access 2007 i have not been able to use this same procedure.
> using the command button wizard,  i click " open the form and find specific
> data to display " and click next.  i select field in primary form and also
> select field from detail form [ both have same fieldname ] and click  < - >
> to show matching fields, and click next.
>
> using primary form, i highlight specific record i want to view the details
> and no matter what record i select ,  detail for all records are displayed.
>
> the location of all my data files have been placed in a trusted location and
> check box selected to include sub folders of this location.
>
> any help would be appreciated         thank you           mike

Outlook 2007 Clients can't connect
I posted a similar question yesterday to the guys over at microsoft.public.exchange.setup as well, to maybe attack this issue from an Exchange server perspective. Maybe the folks over here can offer some insight, as this may be a client issue. I have a new Exchange 2007 server. New Outlook 2003 clients can connect just fine. Outlook 2007 clients tested on both XP and Vista, fail. The error I'm seeing is: "Outlook cannot log on. Verify you are connected to the network and you are using the proper server and mailbox name. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlo...

MSCRM 4.0 ISV Custom buttons not visible in Contact Detail Toolbar
Hello, After enabline isv integration in 4.0, I can see in the Accounts detail level toolbar the sample isv buttons, but when I goto Contacts detail toolbar, none are visible. I just added a button to the detail level toolbar in CRM 4.0. It was added basically to the same place as my old 3.0 in the isv.config, but after adding it wasn't visible. I then went to the ReadyServer image from Microsoft, and noticed that the isv.config was not present! (isv.xsd was present and accounted for). Since I could see the isv buttons in the account entity detail toolbar, I added my custom butto...

Very Rusty Former Beginner/Intermediate Access Guy Needs a Little Help
I'm using Access 2002 to create a database for a small opera company that my wife is involved in, and I'm more than a bit rusty because I haven't created a new Access database since about 1999. So, I will probably have quite a few questions as I go through this, and hopefully this group will help me out. I will be creating this database for someone else to enter the data. I have a patron table with name, address, email, etc., and I want to add a form to enter donations from patrons into a donation table. All I need in this form is last name, first name, date, and amount....

Office 2007 Ribbon
In the majority of other Windows applications, the menu system allows me to click one menu item (eg. "Edit") and then just move my mouse left and right in order to see what is under the adjacent menus. Is there any way to make the Ribbon do this? As an advanced user of previous versions of Office, I know that Microsoft "invented" this new Ribbon interface (aka "a bunch of Tabs") to enhance my productivity, so I assume that there should be *less* clicking and /faster/ access to functionality. I am sure that it had _nothing_ to do with growing compe...

How can I convert Outlook 2007 Rules files (.rwz) to something editable?
I want to manage the rules a little simpler than with the built-in rules wizard. I can export the rules to a .rwz file. - Is there a description someplace of the .rwz file? - Is there a simple script or tool to convert to a .rwz file to a .csv or some other format? A perl script, VB, etc. would be fine. -- AllBackJack ------------------------------------------------------------------------ AllBackJack's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/160330.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1277903.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

"Print to Scale" Excel 2007 Charts
In Excel 2003, one could double-click a chart, print, and the chart would auto-size to fill a page. I am unable to print my newly-created Excel 2007 charts so they auto-size to print one-to-a-page (now requires several time-consuming steps for reformatting titles, axes, etc.). I do not have a "print to scale" option in my page setup. Printing to a Ricoh Aficio AP610N. Thanks so much. I will assume we are talking of an embedded chart (one sitting on a worksheet) and not a chart sheet. In Excel 2003 (all earlier) you did not double click, you just single clicked to...

Importing a table from Access query
What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? Thanks in advance. Hi The way I usually do this is run the select query, click on the top-right box (which selects all records) and use Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste into my workbook. An alternative is to right-click on the query in the Database Window and left-click on Export. In the Save As dialog box, select ..xls type. -- Andy. "Trish" <Trish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BF3DE22-6590-4CAD-9EE1-FC978A3BB63B@microsoft.com... > What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? >...

Solution: Error 2306: There are too many rows to output (Access to Excel using OutputTo)
I've joined the legions who've encountered this problem with the OutputTo method in Access: Run-time error 2306 There are too many rows to output, based on the limitation specified by the output format or by Microsoft Access A lot of people seem to have encountered it. The reason is because OutputTo defaults to an old version of Excel which only allows 16K rows A lot of people also suggest using TransferSpreadsheet instead, but that caused me a lot more problems (putting a single quote in front of my text data) Intellisense for the command does not list what your options are for th...

2003 format in 2007?
I'm used to Outlook 2003, but I just bought a new computer and installed Outlook 2007. I view a week at a time, and I prefer the calendar format in 2003 -- it shows the whole week in two columns and I didn't have to scroll. Is there a way I can use the same format in 2007? No, unfortunately that view had to be removed to enabled calendar overlay. Try a two week view: http://slipstick.me/2wk -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dai...

How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download?
How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download This is the Outlook newsgroup. Outlook Express is a different program. You don't download Outlook Express. It's part of Internet Explorer and your O/S. Look in the Start Menu in Programs. "Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C27B0DE-4C72-41D3-BC87-B4652F45E4F2@microsoft.com... | How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download Frank <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download Outlook Express probably came with your Wi...

exchange 2003 Pop3 access #2
I'm trying to publish smtp and pop3 through isa. neither of the server publishing rules smtp or pop3 work properly. I was able to work around the smtp portion by configuring smtp virtual server on isa then forwarding to the exchange server. so on to pop3 for this scenario: 10.0.0.2 = exchange server ip 10.0.0.1 = isa internal 10.1.0.1 = isa dmz 60.60.60.60 = public ip address of mail server (nat by firewall to dmz interface of isa) I used mail server publishing to publish pop3 from "external" to "10.0.0.2" Following the tuturial on isaserver.org still I am ...

Can pdfs be imported into Publisher 2007?
I publish a newsletter. Ads are sometimes submitted as .pdfs. I have been using Publisher 2003, which necessitates converting the .pdfs to .jpegs. Will Publisher 2007 import the .pdfs as is? KSEditor wrote: > I publish a newsletter. Ads are sometimes submitted as .pdfs. I have > been using Publisher 2003, which necessitates converting the .pdfs to > .jpegs. Will Publisher 2007 import the .pdfs as is? ==================================== For import into Pub 2007...converting .pdfs to an image format is still the best option. Have a look at the following info from Ed Benn...

Opening Screen in 2007
Using Office 2007 When one of my users open Publisher, she sees a "Getting Started With Publisher" screen when she must choose "blank page size" and then navigate through all the blank page sizes that are available to find the standard 8 1/2 by 11. This happens every time she launches Publisher. Another user opens Publisher and immediately has a blank page that is 8 1/2 by 11 and is ready for typing. I have looked under Tools / Customize and Tools / Options to find the place to uncheck the getting started screen as the opening screen. Cannot find what I'm loo...

use both office 2003 and 2007 on same computer
can i install office 2007 and keep office 2003 and use both on same computer? "dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C60503B-E5C0-49D7-BD15-3F176AE7E12D@microsoft.com... > can i install office 2007 and keep office 2003 and use both on same > computer? Yes and No. Outlook No! Only one version can be installed. Rest of the suites yes, one issue with Word which is corrected by using a registry key. It is all explained here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091/en-us especially the Word fix which is about half way down. 20...

Outlook 2007 Won't Start.
Installed Office 2007 on Vista Biz, new machine. Every time I start Outlook, it goes into a "configureing Microsoft Office" frenzy. at the end of that, it forces me to reboot. Start outlook again and it does the same thing. On two ocassions, it reports that it cannot locate MSVCR80.DLL but a search in C:\windows shows it is there. I have run a repair twice. Uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. All other office programs seem to run fine. Any ideas?? JohnS Hi Homer, What happens if you launch Outlook elevated? Do you see the same behavior? -- Benjamin Gay [MSFT] This posti...

Publisher 2007 duplexing problem
Hello, I'm having a problem trying to get Publisher 2007 to print anything double-sided in my Toshiba eStudio 210C printer (networked, not connected directly). Whenever I try, I get a duplexing wizard that makes me manually turn over the paper. In Publisher 2003, I was able to print on both sides without an issue but when I upgraded I encountered this problem. Could someone help? --Nick Nick, Take a look at the Toshiba Support website for an updated printer driver. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Nick Schwartz" <schwartz@ypsilibrary.org> wrote in message news:uARN79...

outlook 2007 will not open.do i need to uninstall and reinstall?
outlook did not close properly when my computer shut itself off. next time i wanted outlook, it did not open. Message "cannot start microsoft office outlook.cannot open the outlook window" what do i do?? Can you start it in safe mode. If yes post back Start > Run > outlook.exe /resetnavpane (notice the space between outlook.exe and /resetnavpane) -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "laura22" <laura22@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Outlook Web Access Login
Is it possible to to have a consistent login to outlook web access independant of operating system? To login to outlook web access using Windows XP you have to do this. Username: domain\username Password: password To login to outlook web access using Windows 2000 you enter this Username: username Password: password Domain: domain I do not want to use basic authentication. I am currently using NT authentication for my server. I implemented SSL on my home server but my home server was too slow and I don't remember if you need to specify the domain when you login to SSL. It is real...

Using single button to run multiple query
I want to use single button on the form to run multiple queries. How it can be done? Where should I write queries and code? One way to do this would be to create your queries, then use the command button to run code that calls each query. Another approach would be to create all your queries, then create a macro that runs all your queries, and call that macro using code behind a command button. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ "Gajanan&qu...

2007 View Code ThisWorkbook
In Excel 2003, we could easily right-click the Excel icon in the menu bar (next to File etc.) and select "View Code" to go straight to the "ThisWorkbook" object in the VBA Editor. Is there any similar shortcut available for this in Excel 2007 that I could perhaps add to my Quick Access Toolbar? Or perhaps a keystroke combination similar to Alt+F11 that would take you straight to ThisWorkbook? Thanks! -- Please remember to indicate when the post is answered so others can benefit from it later. Hi, right click in the tab name "KC" wrote: &...

Money 2007 CombineWith Operation for Investments (Fidelity NetBenefits inspired)
Two new capabilities of Money 2007 are operated from the investment details. They are the ability to change the InvestmentType, and the CombineWith operation. This will discuss the investment CombineWith operation. The CombineWith operation was motivated largely by the Fidelity Net Benefits quirk of having a wrong "CUSIP" ID in their download. So downloading data from a source with a correct CUSIP and from them did not allow Money to understand they were the same stock, and could share the same symbol and quotes. This feature should be of use in more cases too. The way it works...

Cannot access product key
I've got a problem in Outlook which I'm already reporting in the General section of the newsgroup. However, as we don't appear to be having much luck resolving it then I'm trying to contact Microsoft for online assistance. However, the support tool asks for the Product key from the Help, About screen. My problem is that I can't get into Outlook to get to the Help menu! The key they require isn't the one off the disk packaging, it's the converted number that Outlook uses once installed. Anyone got any suggestions? Well firstly if you cross posted, by ent...

Barcode reader and ms access
Hello every body.. I am want to know more about ms access and barcode reader . can you tell me where can i find the sample of using ms access and barcode reader Thank.. Barcode reader operate as keyboard. you can use it with any application. Tom "cambo" <cambodia_khm@everyday.com.kh> wrote in message news:eGG3GcZnHHA.4424@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hello every body.. > I am want to know more about ms access and barcode reader . > can you tell me where can i find the sample of using > ms access and barcode reader > Thank.. > > > Dear cambo: Ther...

Disable the "New Lead" button on the home_leads.aspx
Hi All, How can I disable the following 1.- "New Lead" button on the grid menu bar. Prioror to the print button? 2.- Disable / alter the menuitems in the "New" menu bar 3.- Disable / alter the menuitems in the "Actions" menu on the grid menu bar One way is setting the rights for the users. Is there any other way to acheive this say by HttpModule handler??? and how to do this.. Thanks in advance.... Prasad ...

2007 charting problems
Is anybody having these problems, and can anybody tell me how to fix them? 1. In Excel 2003, I could select a range of cells and drag them into a chart and they would be pasted as a new series into the chart. Is this feature gone in 2007? 2. When I have a rotated Y-axis label, I can click on the text and see an insert cursor, but when I start typing, only the first letter appears in the label and the rest end up in the formula bar. When I hit enter, only the new text from the formula bar shows up in the label. 1) Just Copy the range, right click the chart and use Paste 2) Do not use ...