Combobox looking for data in a table and write to another

I have two comboboxes on my forms. One is Gender that has values stored in
the Row Souce. This one works fine. I can scroll through record and  select a
value (male of female), then it will  be saved into the Employee table. I can
also scroll through records and it will display whatever saved value in the
table on the same combobox.

On my Order form, I have an Employee combobox which will find value from
Employee table. My question is how I can save the selected value into the
Order table?

Thanks to any response,

Guangdew

guangdew

On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 21:26:20 GMT, "guangdew via AccessMonster.com"
<u58044@uwe> wrote:

>On my Order form, I have an Employee combobox which will find value from
>Employee table. My question is how I can save the selected value into the
>Order table?

Use the EmployeeID as the bound column and Control Source of the combo box (I
presume there is an EmployeeID field in the Order table?)
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
1
On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 21:26:20 GMT, "guangdew via AccessMonster.com"
<u58044@uwe> wrote:

Check out the Northwind sample application, Orders form (Order Details
in A2007). It has an example in the SalesRep field.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>I have two comboboxes on my forms. One is Gender that has values stored in
>the Row Souce. This one works fine. I can scroll through record and  select a
>value (male of female), then it will  be saved into the Employee table. I can
>also scroll through records and it will display whatever saved value in the
>table on the same combobox.
>
>On my Order form, I have an Employee combobox which will find value from
>Employee table. My question is how I can save the selected value into the
>Order table?
>
>Thanks to any response,
>
>Guangdew
0
Tom

PA Misc. Log Tables

visual basic

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

LDAP Write access?

Macro

macros entering data

item class table

WLM transfer to another computer
Hi, I finally moved from Windows 7 RTM to Win7 Pro 64. I did it by installing the new OS on a brand new hard drive, then installed my old hard drive in a 2.5" external enclosure. I've been successful in moving most of my files and settings over, but WLM is the exception. Can someone help answer these questions for me: 1. Where are the actual mail files stored? 2. Where is the account login info stored? 3. In Outlook and OE installing on a new computer, even after moving files, prompted for a full redownload off of the POP server. Anyway to avoid this? Is ther...

find data and autopaste when found

Outlook always looks to the web
Whenever I click on calendar or tasks or anything, I'm redirected to a web page that it can't find for a search. This just started. How do I shut it off ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Disappearing data in sync'd forms

Perhaps another Money alternative?
After years of their saying "what's Windows?" I not that the following announcement: --- Announcement: GnuCash 2.1.1 Release - 2007-04-28 17:47 GnuCash 2.1.1 released The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.1.1 aka "Bug-begone", the second of several unstable 2.1.x releases of the GnuCash Open Source Accounting Software which will eventually lead to the stable version 2.2.0. With this new release series, GnuCash is available on Microsoft Windows for the first time... --- I haven't checked into this further just yet, but that will certainly be...