Combo - List

Hi,

I am able to create a list of items with a drop down menu.  I can
select specific item but how do I select all item to get a query
output.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0
learning_codes

You can't select multiple items from an Access combo box.  To do that would
require a listbox with it's MULTI-SELECT property set to SIMPLE or EXTENDED.

See more info about list boxes here:

http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut11.htm

--
Bob Larson
Access World Forums Super Moderator

"learning_codes@hotmail.com" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am able to create a list of items with a drop down menu.  I can
> select specific item but how do I select all item to get a query
> output.
>
> Your help would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Issue Refreshing/Requery Subform/combo box
Hi: I need to be able to refresh or requery (not sure which method is appropriate) a subform and combo box in the After Update event or via a command button. I've used the below syntax but the combo box (in this case) does not get updated. Forms![MainForm]![sfrm_ResourceAllocation].Form![EmployeeID].Requery Thanks, Manuel Manuel wrote: >I need to be able to refresh or requery (not sure which method is >appropriate) a subform and combo box in the After Update event or via a >command button. I've used the below syntax but the combo box (in this case)...

How to fill a combo box with choice from another combo box
I am trying to fill combo box with a choice made in another combo box. I am trying to select a choice from a combo box "Customer_11" and then have the following choices available in another combo box "State_11". Below is the code I was trying to use, but not having any luck with getting it to work. '===================================================== 'CES Customer Information With Me.Customer_11 .AddItem "Customer 1" .AddItem "Customer 2" .AddItem "Customer 3" ...

how to delete duplicated entries from an excel list
how to delete duplicated entries from an excel list Chip Pearson has tons of ways of working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm stewart wrote: > > how to delete duplicated entries from an excel list -- Dave Peterson Use the technique here to tag the dupes, then autofilter on the tag and delete the filtered rows http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#TaggingDuplicates "stewart" wrote: > how to delete duplicated entries from an excel list ...

Project/Sub-Project In Continuous List?
I've got a little timekeeping system that allows the user to enter task descriptions, start/stop times and then select "Project" from a combo box. I'd like to do some analysis on the data, and allocating tasks to sub-project's seems necessary. Problem is that in a continuous list, all the combo boxes behave the same. So if I make cboSubProject.RowSource tb a query that includes only sub-projects under the project selected in cboProject, the sub-projects in other rows on the screen come and go as cboSubProject's list changes. Anybody got a strategy for situation...

lists #3
how do I consolidate two lists into one: List 1 Jan name city a Med b NYC c LA List 2 Feb name city d GA e MIS f LA Consolidated name city a Med b NYC c LA d GA e MIS f LA Thanks Copy the second list and paste it below the first? -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Felipe" <faristiz@uncc.edu> wrote in message news:5a7b01c48178$dfedd1a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > how do I consolidate two lists into one: > > List...

Using contact categories as distribution lists
Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 I select a category name "Robinson Family". Actions->Create->New Message to Contact. (get msg "this action apply to all items in the selected groups". Click OK). A new email message window appears but only email1 shows up for each person, not email2 and email3. I found this tip by searching microsoft.com How to Use Contact Categories as Distribution Lists in Outlook http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/et_category_dis.htm This tip says that all the email addresses for each person will automatically be plac...

Concise Payable Check Voucher Listing
Is there a way (besides modifying the existing Check Edit List - this is needed as well) to get a concise pre check run listing of the all of the Vouchers in a batch prior to posting for easy review? If I can copy the Edit List and create a custom report then the user cant parameterize to limit to a given batch, so this is not ideal. My AP Manager wants to see a tabular listing with just a few basic fields (like VendorID, Voucher#, Date, AmountBeingPaid for this voucher), much more concise than the edit list. I dont see unposted check batches in SmartList, and I can't figure out ho...

Win 7 Media Player Play List
Having problems with setting up play list in Windows Media Player OS = Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit When I try to set up a Video Play list no video can be found, yet I have them on my system. I have added there locations in the media player Organize/Manage Libraries. I can select a video file and add it to the media player play list and play the video OK, if I try to save the videos it does not seem to save the play list. I have just installed Win 7 Home Premium and I did have some problems with hidden files, could this be a issure with the media playe...

exchange 5.5 Distribution List size
When trying to add a new contact to a distribution list (exchange 5.5), one of our users is getting the error message "The distribution list has reached the maximum size for your network email server". There is already about 200 contacts in this distribution list. I've been unable to find out how to cure this. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks. Dan... you're speaking about a personal distribution list...there is a limit...I read somewhere that it was 165 members of a personal dl...nothing to do about this except to "nest" smaller dls into another one... &q...

Copying fields from combo box to a table
Hi, I am creating a database for our Machine Maintence Report (access 2003). I created a combo box from table1 and I want to have the selected fields (i.e. Machine, Technician, Engineer etc...) in table1 to be copied in table2. This table2 has the same fields Machine, Technician, Engineer plus the other field that will be updated when the maintenance is done such as remarks, issue and data readings. Looking forward for your help. If you really have a need to store this information in multiple tables, you can use code in the After Update event of the combo box to push the valu...

synchronized combo boxes moving between records problem
Sorry if this has been answered, I couldn't find the exact problem elsewhere! I'm only a beginner at this but when i select the right ID from the first combo box, i got it to come up with the correct related IDs in the second combo box , like it's meant to! but when I move to the next record (a new one, or the last one, or anything), the second combo box doesn't retain the record. As in, as you scroll through each record, none of the second combo box 'records' are kept, they are all blank until you click on them, then they come up with your choices, UNLESS you ...

List vector using upper and lower limits
I am trying to reduce a column of data from ~8200 rows to ~1200 rows. I have 2 spin buttons that control the upper and lower limit the user desires. Is there a way to reference just the cells within the range? For instance . . . data is listed from A1 to A8200. A new list is generated from the upper and lower limits depending on their respective spin button value (ie. a lower limit value of 2481 would be the beginning point of the 'new' data range and an upper value of 3674 would be the end). The reduced list (from A2481 to A3674) is then written in column 'B' and dy...

too many to list
how do i uninstall microsoft security. i am going to use norton exclusively. comcast,my internet provider supports norton. and also, so does Dell, the company that i bought the computer from. Pls. reply asap. things just are getting worse & worse. i would like my computer back to the initial state it was in when i purchased it. i'm desparate. this computer is fairly new & all screwed up. pls help. You remove Microsoft Security Essentials via the Control Paned | Add/Remove Programs. IMO, you are making a huge mistake. No version of Norton has been fully comp...

Sharing Calendar with personal dist list
I have been asked to find a way for people to share their calendars with personal distributions lists. Is this possible? Thanks! Wes If you in an Exchange environment and are talking about Exchange distribution lists; yes, you can. Just like you normally set permissions. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "stahlerw" <stahlerw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:258B3114-9ADE-4B8E-8184-7BE8FC09EDA8@microso...

Global Contact List in a Public Folder???
Hi All, I was wondering if it is possible to display the contents of our Global Contacts List as a Contacts Public Folder? Obviously i would like to use some LDAP filtering and break it up into different lists for different people to have access to.. but first things first. Do I need to make an Exchange App? or there an easy way to do this? Any help would be appreciated, Rick Hello, one solution would be a synchronization on a specific schedule... read the GAL and create/update a contact entry in the public folder. Should not be so hard to write... Greetings, Henning Krause "R...

what is a combo box?
I am using the education template and I am trying to find out what a combo box is. I need a field on a table that can be added to. I have a student that takes course A and then a month later takes course B. How can I create a field on the students detail sheet that can add to it over and over again. -- Enjoy every day! A combo box allows the user to select from a list of choices. It may or may not limit selections to items already on the list. The list may be derived from a table/query, or you can use a Value List for a few choices that are unlikely to change (e.g."...

distribution list #16
How do I create a distribution list of internet email addresses for use via the global address book? Thank you, Jason Hi Jason, If you are using running Exchange 2000/2003 you just need to open Active Directory Users and Computers and Right Click in the appropriate OU selecting New - Group, when the New "Object - Group" window appears Type the group name and pre-Windows 2000 group name (avoid using the following reserved characters ` ~ ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + ) In the Group type area select Distribution Click next and check "Create an Exchange e-mail address&...

Account list view up to current date?
I'm using MS Money Plus Deluxe. I often enter in income/expenses far in advance so I can see how things will play out. Account list is my main view and gets distorted since it is taking into account future events. The portfolio view has a nice feature in that it can show only up to the current date and not any future events, such as future retirement contributions I've entered. Is there a way to make the account list do that? Or, is there some way I can see both scenarios without having to maintain two Money files? Bills | Forecast Cash Flow? Beyond that, no. You could not enter...

HELP!! in FTP Sessions, how to refresh directory listing?
HELP!! in FTP Sessions, how to refresh directory listing? I read a document about FTP Sessions in MSDN. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa384180.aspx In the document, if you upload a file to FTP server, delete or rename a file on FTP server, you need to remember to refresh directory listing. In the sample source code there is just a comment: // Remember to refresh directory listing. But how to do it in C++? Just send a LIST ftp command or use FtpFileFinder to enumerate the files on FTP server? Laurence Local directory listing or remote directory listing? For remote, you as...

Counting how many different names in a long list
I have a list of 332 names many of them are duplicated. I am looking for a formula or function that can count how many unique names there are in the list. Can anyone help? -- Quaisne ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Quaisne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28052 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501357 This'll count the number of distinct values in a range: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A99<>"")/COUNTIF(A1:A99,A1:A99&"")) (adjust the range to matc...

selecting the 2nd column of a combo box in a report?
I have a combo box that uses data from a table with the fields (setupid, physician setup, md_PIN). the bound column = 1. The physicians sign on using their name (signing_md) and PIN (signing_md_pin). thanks to advice from this website I have...If signing_md_pin.value = dlookup("md_pin". "[setup table]","[setupid] =" [signing_md] then ... in the event procedure. When I try to get the physician name on the report (signing_md) it returns the physician number (setupid) instead of the name. How do I get the 2nd column of the combo box to the report?Thank you....

Add a number based on list of criteria ??
Example: Cell A = 50, Cell B = 96%, Cell C = Cell A + (Cell A x Cell B) = 98 I want to be able to compare the list of criteria and add a number to Cell C accordingly For example: If Cell B is between 95 and 100%, Add 1 to the total in Cell C If between 85 and 94%, add 2... etc. There are more than 7 so I know I can't simply nest If statements... Any advice on how I could fairly simply accomplish this? TIA! One way: Put your % bands in a table (say in J1:Kx, e.g.: J K 1 0 11 2 5% 10 3 15% 9 .... 10 85% 2 11 ...

Can you out outside SMTP addresses to an exchange Distribution list?
Help! I have no idea how to recreate our distribution lists in exchange. They involve SMTP mail addresses not in our active directory!! Make a CONTACT in AD and give it the external email address. Make that CONTACT a member of the Distribution List. Mat "Child" <dawg@alaskaSPAMFREE.com> wrote in message news:10d62q0i9lsuc00@corp.supernews.com... > Help! I have no idea how to recreate our distribution lists in exchange. > They involve SMTP mail addresses not in our active directory!! > > "Mat Sutton" <Mat@noreply.com> wrote in message news:u...

obtain list of hardrive guid's
I just bought a new laptop with windows 7 home premium. first I load McAfee security. then I decreased the size of the hard drive order may be switched. I made a close of the original disk for backup. with a plan to install all my stuff one the original with a backup of the virgin drive in case of emergency. all went well. I'm now trying to use bcdedit to add the second drive to the boot list, I backed bcd store, use create to create a new entry. but displaying whats in the store doesn't show. now I'm trying to find the guid for the 2nd partition so I can fix/workaround this. but...

Rules & Outlook 2003 combo with Norton AS
Hi guys, I'm getting some very curious results using Norton AntiSpam in combination with the rules in Outlook 2003. NAS marks spam emails with a [norton antispam] tagged onto the subject line of spam mails, which then (according to norton) it moves into an AntiSpam folder. It does this fine... most of the time. It *always* tags them fine, but fails to move them maybe 10% of the time. I keep finding stray mails in various folders. Now, this might be a NAS issue, except that I'm having other problems too. Rules which I have set to move mails into folders dont always work. And even whe...