Combo Boxes 11-13-07

I have several combo boxes on a form. One shows company names. I would like
the combo box below the company name to show only my contacts for the company.
My next combo box is for brokers. I have a combo box that shows broker
company names. I want the combo box below to show only the contacts for the
broker shown above.
Can someone help me with this problem?
--
Lisa S.

Lisa,

Try searching for "cascading comboboxes" in this NG. This question is asked
many times and responded to many times. Apologies for the shortcut...

hth
--
Maurice Ausum

"Lisa" wrote:

> I have several combo boxes on a form. One shows company names. I would like
> the combo box below the company name to show only my contacts for the company.
> My next combo box is for brokers. I have a combo box that shows broker
> company names. I want the combo box below to show only the contacts for the
> broker shown above.
> Can someone help me with this problem?
> --
> Lisa S.

Windows mail problem 07-16-10
Tried to log into my optonline account and received the following message: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Can anyone decipher this for me? What is the issue? You should not be using advanced ports or SSL, see http://optimum.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/optimum.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2397&p_created=1237397986&p_sid=ZbGnw*4k&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZ...

How to fill a combo box with choice from another combo box
I am trying to fill combo box with a choice made in another combo box. I am trying to select a choice from a combo box "Customer_11" and then have the following choices available in another combo box "State_11". Below is the code I was trying to use, but not having any luck with getting it to work. '===================================================== 'CES Customer Information With Me.Customer_11 .AddItem "Customer 1" .AddItem "Customer 2" .AddItem "Customer 3" ...

Issue Refreshing/Requery Subform/combo box
Hi: I need to be able to refresh or requery (not sure which method is appropriate) a subform and combo box in the After Update event or via a command button. I've used the below syntax but the combo box (in this case) does not get updated. Forms![MainForm]![sfrm_ResourceAllocation].Form![EmployeeID].Requery Thanks, Manuel Manuel wrote: >I need to be able to refresh or requery (not sure which method is >appropriate) a subform and combo box in the After Update event or via a >command button. I've used the below syntax but the combo box (in this case)...

My text seems stuck in the text box! I can't make changes!HELP!
I am trying to alter text just typed into a text box using Publisher 2003. For some reason, the system will not allow me to go back to edit. Any ideas? Thanks Is your application activated? Is it just this one text box in this publication? Are you working with a template? Select the text box, copy, paste, can you edit the pasted text box? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Learner" <Learner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68E3A7B3-BB72-4D73-9250-BF4F3FAE2C08@microsoft.com... >I a...

Populate List Box
Need some ideas. I have a list box from which our clients will be able to select which form they want to preview or print. However, each client should only have selections available that apply specifically to their company. For example: Company A will require forms 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 Company B will require forms 1, 6 and 7 Company C will require forms 4, 5 and 6 I have some code right now to handle a simple two form variation: If Forms("Main").Controls("Form1Req") = "Yes" and Forms("Main").Controls ("Form2Req") = "No" Then Me.L...

Copying fields from combo box to a table
Hi, I am creating a database for our Machine Maintence Report (access 2003). I created a combo box from table1 and I want to have the selected fields (i.e. Machine, Technician, Engineer etc...) in table1 to be copied in table2. This table2 has the same fields Machine, Technician, Engineer plus the other field that will be updated when the maintenance is done such as remarks, issue and data readings. Looking forward for your help. If you really have a need to store this information in multiple tables, you can use code in the After Update event of the combo box to push the valu...

unable to log in 11-29-09
I am unable to access my windows mail, it has started asking me for my user name and password and i have tried every combination and i cant get in, i use AVG free version 9 fro virus protection - i read in another message this can sometimes affect it. i am getting the same message as the other person who had the same problem, they were using norton anti virus. can you help me please First, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail. If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password. A likely reason for the username/password failing is acco...

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 11-24-09
I can no longer access Microsoft Outlook since having ran out of memory on the C:\ After deleting some and letting the disk clean up porgram delete some other files I now receive this error message. "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Window" Can anyone help me please - Thank you By memory I guess you mean hard disk space. If you have less than 15% of free space you will run into other win problems - time for a new larger disk? Try Run outlook.exe /resetnavepane (note space between exe /) "Rita" <Rita@discussions.micro...

HELP! 12-06-07
Excel won't open and I've both tried re-installing it, and rebooting what should I do? On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 00:42:20 -0500, avarage wrote: > Excel won't open and I've both tried re-installing it, and rebooting what > should I do? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever Office program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows and Office version number in the message. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgrou...

Report Server Error 09-19-07
I have completed my CRM install but each time I attempt to access the Report Manager I get the error message: The Scriptbibliotek '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js' cannot be found. Manually move the data or use the command 'aspnet_regiis -c' in order to install new. Sorry if the error is not completely correct but I´m translating from German. I have run the command 'aspnet_regiis -c' and received the message that the version started and then finished but every time I go back to Report Manager the same error pops up. Need a little...

synchronized combo boxes moving between records problem
Sorry if this has been answered, I couldn't find the exact problem elsewhere! I'm only a beginner at this but when i select the right ID from the first combo box, i got it to come up with the correct related IDs in the second combo box , like it's meant to! but when I move to the next record (a new one, or the last one, or anything), the second combo box doesn't retain the record. As in, as you scroll through each record, none of the second combo box 'records' are kept, they are all blank until you click on them, then they come up with your choices, UNLESS you ...

what is a combo box?
I am using the education template and I am trying to find out what a combo box is. I need a field on a table that can be added to. I have a student that takes course A and then a month later takes course B. How can I create a field on the students detail sheet that can add to it over and over again. -- Enjoy every day! A combo box allows the user to select from a list of choices. It may or may not limit selections to items already on the list. The list may be derived from a table/query, or you can use a Value List for a few choices that are unlikely to change (e.g."...

double lines and rounded corners on a solid box
How can I create a solid box with double lines and rounded corners in Publisher 2000? Thanks Anna You will have to use an AutoShape -- ...

Option Buttons 06-21-07
If I choose a Control Source I can get the option buttons to work. Can you help? -- Dick Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200706/1 Do you want us to push the button? What is the problem? UpRider "richardlafrance via AccessMonster.com" <u31432@uwe> wrote in message news:740b97593dc91@uwe... > If I choose a Control Source I can get the option buttons to work. Can > you > help? > > -- > Dick > > Message posted via AccessMonster.com > http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ac...

Credit card processing 05-15-07
Is it possible with Access? Any good references? Matt <mdw233psu@yahoo.com> wrote: >Is it possible with Access? Not without putting your data in a SQL Server database among many other things. The credit card companies want to ensure your corporation is keeping that data very, very secure. And depending on the laws in your province, state, territory and/or country your employer really wants to keep that data secure. It is very embarrassing to hear your corp name on the news. >Any good references? No idea. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only i...

Year formula 11-30-09
I have a row of birth dates on a sheet, and need a formula to determine how many are over 60 years old. The cell format for the dates is 11/30/2009 Try =IF(DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y")>=60,"60 or above","") OR year to year comparison =IF(YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR(A1)>=60,"60 or above","") -- Jacob "Robert" wrote: > I have a row of birth dates on a sheet, and need a formula to determine how > many are over 60 years old. > > The cell format for the dates is 11/30/2009 > Assume your dates are ...

Tick Box Size
Hi Is there anyway to change the size of a tick box displayed on a form ????? I have tried everything !! Thanks Tony Nothing built into Access, but see my March, 2004 "Access Answers" column in Pinnacle Publication's "Smart Access". You can download the column (and sample database) for free at http://www.accessmvp.com/DJSteele/SmartAccess.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "blake7" <blake7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17844B03-8C7E-41DF-8646-8A7EF404611D@microsoft.com... >...

Comment Box
I moved a comment box because when I froze the current sheet and when I scrolled down, half of the comment would get cut off. The only way I was able to show the comment box in its new position was by unhiding it. If I had it hid the move would not take effect. Is it possible to move the comment box, hide the box, and when the cursor goes to the cell with the comment, have the comment box appear in its new position. .. Several answers were given in programming I believe. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Troy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:096601c39ae3$f0dff...

Mailbox Manager
I tried posting this to a different group and got nothing back... I've got a single server, single storage group Exchange 2003. I have 4 Recipient Policies: Pri 1: main domain Pri 2: other domains Pri 3: Mailbox Cleanup Lowest: Default Policy The priority 3 policy (Mailbox Cleanup) is the only one that has Mailbox Manager Settings. I have constructed a query as follows: Find: "Exchange Recipients" General Tab: Show these recipients: "Users with Exchange mailbox" Storage Tab: "Mailboxes on any server" Advanced Tab: Condition List: "Member Of Is no ...

Creating Reports 05-08-07
I have been investigating the different methods of creating a new report in crm and have found a few different methods. What is the easier and time efficient method for creating a new custom report? On May 8, 3:26 pm, Nate <N...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have been investigating the different methods of creating a new report in > crm and have found a few different methods. What is the easier and time > efficient method for creating a new custom report? Pre-filtering the reports per the SDK is probably going to be your best bet. You can upload them into CRM and ...

Stats microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (last 7 days) 06-07-10
"Caveat: Quantity is not necessarily a measure of Quality" Newsgroup.................: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Stats Were Taken..........: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 08:14:28 GMT Stats Begin...............: Mon, 31 May 2010 08:29:11 GMT Stats End.................: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 06:42:42 GMT Days......................: 7 Total No. of Articles.....: 526 Total No. of Characters...: 1263268 Total Volume..............: 1233 Messages Per Day..........: 75.1 Characters Per Day........: 180466.9 Average Daily Volume......: 176 kB Total Posters This Week...:...

Exchange Failing when Removing GC from same box
The background: I am trying to install Exchange 2007 but cannot because I have two Windows 2000 DCs with GCs. The two Windows 2000 DCs happen to be on the same boxes as my Exchange 2000 cluster. I have two other Windows 2003 boxes in the same site with all FSMO roles and both are GC. The problem: I'm in a catch 22 because I cannot install Exchange 2007 and when I remove either the GC role from the Windows 2000 boxes or demote them, Exchange fails. The Question: Has anyone come across a situation like this and know of a solution? Thanks In order to install Ex07, you will ne...

Math operational sign for the box division sign
What can I use to create a division problem with the box division sign? Might draw one with an autoshape line tool. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_division#Notation -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Mr. D" <Mr. D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBBF7885-39BC-4C77-AD7E-2CCC269BC3BC@microsoft.com... > What can I use to create a division problem with the box division sign? Mr. D wrote: > What can I use to create a division problem with the box division sign? Whilst holding the Alt key, tap 0247 on the numeric keypad. Then release Alt. ...

query criteria 12-29-07
I have a criteria test in the [DR].[Received Date] field of a query. The criteria is based on data which is entered into a form. >=(IIf(IsNull([Forms]![CSR dg]![txtEarliestReceivedDate]),[DR].[Received Date],[Forms]![CSR dg]![txtEarliestReceivedDate])) The true side of the IIF allows for all received dates if no data is entered into the form. I would like to instead not do a criteria test at all if there is no date entered into the form. I've tried things like "" or NULL in the criteria, but to no avail. The reason for wanting to do this, is that I have two tables linke...

selecting the 2nd column of a combo box in a report?
I have a combo box that uses data from a table with the fields (setupid, physician setup, md_PIN). the bound column = 1. The physicians sign on using their name (signing_md) and PIN (signing_md_pin). thanks to advice from this website I have...If signing_md_pin.value = dlookup("md_pin". "[setup table]","[setupid] =" [signing_md] then ... in the event procedure. When I try to get the physician name on the report (signing_md) it returns the physician number (setupid) instead of the name. How do I get the 2nd column of the combo box to the report?Thank you....