Combo box not showing correct value when changing records on a form

I have a form frmBids with two combo boxes showing a customer
(cboCustomer) and contacts for each customer (cboContacts).  I got the
cboContacts to only show the contacts unique to the customer by using
a requery code on the AfterUpdate of cboCustomer.  That works fine.
However, when I move between records only the contact shown on the
first record displays, it does not update on subsequent records.  If I
displays the correct contact, but then the next record just shows the
one I just selected.  I verified that when I switch between records
without doing anything (just letting the first record's name display)
that the table data does not update.  So it is obviously just a visual
thing, and while I can understand what is going on, I am not sure that
the end user of this database will.  Is there anyway to fix that, so
when the end user flips through the records, the correct name displays
always?

0
Eric

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 18:58:23 -0000, Eric wrote:

> I have a form frmBids with two combo boxes showing a customer
> (cboCustomer) and contacts for each customer (cboContacts).  I got the
> cboContacts to only show the contacts unique to the customer by using
> a requery code on the AfterUpdate of cboCustomer.  That works fine.
> However, when I move between records only the contact shown on the
> first record displays, it does not update on subsequent records.  If I
> displays the correct contact, but then the next record just shows the
> one I just selected.  I verified that when I switch between records
> without doing anything (just letting the first record's name display)
> that the table data does not update.  So it is obviously just a visual
> thing, and while I can understand what is going on, I am not sure that
> the end user of this database will.  Is there anyway to fix that, so
> when the end user flips through the records, the correct name displays
> always?

Your Combo Box is not bound to a field in the form's record source
table.
Set the Control source property of the combo to a field shown in the
Control source drop-down list of fields (click the down arrow on the
control source property line).
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.
On Oct 4, 12:21 pm, fredg <fgutk...@example.invalid> wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 18:58:23 -0000, Eric wrote:
> > I have a form frmBids with two combo boxes showing a customer
> > (cboCustomer) and contacts for each customer (cboContacts).  I got the
> > cboContacts to only show the contacts unique to the customer by using
> > a requery code on the AfterUpdate of cboCustomer.  That works fine.
> > However, when I move between records only the contact shown on the
> > first record displays, it does not update on subsequent records.  If I
> > displays the correct contact, but then the next record just shows the
> > one I just selected.  I verified that when I switch between records
> > without doing anything (just letting the first record's name display)
> > that the table data does not update.  So it is obviously just a visual
> > thing, and while I can understand what is going on, I am not sure that
> > the end user of this database will.  Is there anyway to fix that, so
> > when the end user flips through the records, the correct name displays
> > always?
>
> Your Combo Box is not bound to a field in the form's record source
> table.
> Set the Control source property of the combo to a field shown in the
> Control source drop-down list of fields (click the down arrow on the
> control source property line).
> --
> Fred
> Please respond only to this newsgroup.
> I do not reply to personal e-mail

Both combo boxes are bound to their respective fields in the table.
They are bound to a numeric field that sets the ID from the respective
tables to my bids table.

0
Eric

Tracking shared records
I need to create a report that shows which records are shared and with whom. Can someone guide me in the right direction? I can't seem to find it anywhere online. thank you Sharing is recorded in the PrincipalObjectAccess table in the SQL database. Advanced find does not allow you to access this so you will have to create a report on the directly on the database. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Extended Entity and Plug-in browser: http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx "Bernardina" wrote: > I need to create a report that shows whi...

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

rounding up values
Has anyone done round up of values to the nearest dollar.For example I want to give a 10% of the price to my customers but if the result is other than .00 then I wanted to round up to the nearest dollar amount.My calculation using sql has been price * percent and then subtract the value from the price, then what do I need to do to roundit up??Thanks for your suggestion.Also I have a problem with my customers that I am extracting and the query does return all the values from 2004 and 2006 that are equal except for the price I have given them, how do I get only the latest ones in 2006 and not th...

Changing Prices in HQ.
Hi, I have this little issue. I want to change the put items on promotion using the price wizard using HQ. Unfortunately if I have stores who has differents prices for a same item the wizard do not make the proper change becuase it use the price already stored in the master table. Does anyone saw this issue before? Who was solved?. Thks in advance for your help. Rgds Rodrigo Hi there, The easiest way to look after this is to not change any data on the ITEM in HQ, but to simply do the worksheet for altering the sale price and then send it to the respective stores. Then in the works...

Pass parameter from FORM to QUERY

Office 2007 forms

Saving toolbar changes

Changing query execution sequence

can I snap wrap points to a text box

Duplicate record in RM tables
We experienced an issue in Apply Sales Document that may have caused a duplicate record somewhere. We found this when running Paid Sales Transaction Removal and received this message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY contraint PKRM3101. Cannot insert duplicate key in object RM30101. I ran the RM duplicate tool found in the automated help area of this website and found the following: --- Begin copy here ---- Duplicates between RM Open and RM History Document #: 07-003021-17 Customer #: 079100 RMDTYPAL #: 7 --- End copy --- It looks like the duplicte tool also logs the qu...

line chart with NA() values

Macros not performing correctly
I recorded a macro to place a vlookup formula in four cells that are side by side. When I run the macro it only performs the first task, it does not go on to do the other three. I used the tab key to go to the next cell while recording the macro, I don't know if that's why it's not working or if it's something else. The script looks like this: Sub EERates() ' ' EERates Macro ' Macro recorded 3/4/2005 by BCBSOK ' ' ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=VLOOKUP(RC[-2],Sheet1!R3C1:R102C2,2,0)" Range("F15").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C...

Automatic changes in cells

cursor missing from form textboxes
I believe that I know 98% of the little intricacies of Publisher, but I'm stumped on this one. I created a website with a contact page and none of the standard textboxes will show a cursor to indicate with field you are in (I've even made the site live to double check). If you tab between textboxes, the tabbing works, as does typing, there is just no visual cursor to indicate where you are. If you click on the first textbox and type, all is good you can tab to the next box and type, and it's fine. I'd like to have the visual cursor show and can't get it. I also have ...