combo box, how to limit to client table

I have the following tables: CLIENT, EMPLOYEE, OFFICE LOCATION.  I have a one
to many relationship with the client> employee and client>office location.

Now i can associate all the clients employees as well as the clients
locations.  On my employee form i would like to have a drop down box that
shows all the clients office locations.  so i can specify which office the
employee is located.

think i have to run a query, then limit the list to the client ID???? am i on
the right track??? help thaks.

bl

--
brandon

bml337

Auto Press F4 in combo box
I would like to have the drop down box open automatically when you begin entering information in a combo box. Is there code available to add into the combo box to cause this to happen. is it a combobox you are adding to a form or one built into outlook? Depending on how the box is setup, entering a letter should expand the list. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook ...

Group box
Excel 2003 I'm designing a form that is separated into different areas of responsibility for completion. I want to assign a different color to the font to each area. Some areas have group boxes which appear in black text. Is there a way to change the color of the font so the colors are consistent within the areas? How about the color of the circles and squares - can they be changed? ...

Client for 6.0 and 8.0
Newbie question: I have a client running GP8.0 and they still have GP6.0 running just until they are satisfied with the migration. Is there a way to run both clients in tandem on the same system? Thanks in advance. Hi You can only run one version if Great Plains to a SQL instance. Best way to run two at the same time to to create separate SQL instance for each Great Plains version (bear in mind both versions will not communicate to one another) Regards James "kewltech" <kewltech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2755FAF-9BE4-4081-AFB6-6C0FEEF5B6CD...

table is not displayed in word 2003 while copy the table form web
hi friends , there is a table in web page. i am trying to copy it and past to word 2003.but the datas only displayed without table. please any one help me to solve this problem If you copy the data and look in the Paste Special dialog box (Edit | Paste Special), which options are available there? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Akbar" <Akbar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC17B9EE-0299-470F-BF7D-F73E70958D6C@microsoft.com... > hi friends , > > there is a table in web page. i am trying to copy it and past to word ...

Size limitation in Outlook store (pst)
Hi, I am receiving messages from my system, that the available storage capacity has reached its limits and I should delete files not needed. The current size of my pst is 66 MB, though, and not even close to the 2 GB max. What can I do, to resolve this issue? Are there any settings I need to consult, in order to increase the managed volume of my local pst? thanks for your help. Ray Is this on a business computer? If yes, then check with your Network Admin as to the limits set for network storage of local files. Each business sets different limits. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] P...

OWA and junk email size limit
Outlook 2003 and OWA - user gets the following message when using OWA to access mailbox data: "An error occurred processing your junk e-mail lists. You are over the size limit allowed on the server. Contact your server administrator." I do not know if the user gets this message when working locally because the user is out of town. Any idea what causes this and how to fix it? Thank you, LMoore ljmoore@dover.de.us It sounds like the mailbox needs some cleaning. When a mailbox is over its quota you (sometimes) cannot move a message without deleting one first. For more assis...

Connection strings on linked tables do not refresh properly!!
We use SQL Server 2k as the database and MS Access 2k as the client.We have two versions of the client, Training and production.Because each user's permissions are different we refresh the links tothe database with the following code:(rs contains a list of tables to be relinked)ConnectString = "ODBC;DRIVER={SQLSERVER};SERVER=myserver;DATABASE=Training;UID=" & Usr & ";PWD=" & Pwd& ";"Set db = CurrentDbrs.MoveFirstDo While Not rs.EOF Debug.Print rs(0) Set td = db.TableDefs(rs(0)) With td .Connect = ODBC_STR .RefreshLink End ...

Embed Username & Password in Oracle External Linked Table
Looking for a way to embed a username & password for an external linked table for an Oracle database. When creating the connection you get the standard user/pass and database but no option to embed. Any ideas? On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 19:19:02 -0800, Rotund <Rotund@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Did you check with connectionstrings.com for the right connection string? -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Looking for a way to embed a username & password for an external linked table >for an Oracle database. When creating the connection you get the standard >...

CRM 3.0 Desktop Client Install problem
Hello all, I'm eval-ing CRM3.0 - installed it on a test server - web access works like a charm. However, when I try to install the MSCRM 3.0 Desktop Client for Outlook, it dies on the following verification step: Microsoft CRM Client for Outlook Setup User Input Missing required Web Services section of the Web.config file I've looked around this group, web, and on microsoft.com for answers, but have found none. I'm not sure if this is referring to the web.config on the client side or the server side. If anyone can give me some direction I would greatly appreciate it. Pleas...

Using Checkboxes to add data to a table.
I have been having trouble developing this form for a couple of days. It seems the solution should be simple but so am I. I have an input form with four text boxes. I need to use the same data and create a new line in the table for up to but not always 9 different company positions. I was given a possible way of keeping the info on the form for the next position using the AfterUpdate event and setting the default back to the same box. But in using his suggestion I get #NAME? for the boxes with text when I select the next new record. The boxes with numbers come back the way he said it wo...

Adding data to the data table without adding a data marker to the chart
I have a chart that needs to display totals on the data table without creating a data marker on the chart. Can this be done? Thanks for any suggestions. 1. Include the Totals in the chart, so they'll appear in the DataTable. 2. Select the Totals series, and choose Format>Selected Data Series. 3. Set the Line to None, and Marker to None. (for a column chart, set Border and Area to None) 4. Select the Axis, choose Secondary, click OK 5. Select the secondary Y axis, and choose Format>Selected axis 6. On the Patterns tab, change all settings to None, click OK BA wrote: > I ...

Opening Inbox of Exchange 5.5 Client.
Hi All, Not sure whether this is an Outlook problem or an Exchange 5.5 proble but I will ask anyway. I have recently created a mailbox for a new employee using Exchange 5. with all the config of existing users. When I log on to the networ using the newly created account and try to open their Outlook mailbox get the following error message; > Unable to open your default email folders, you do not have permissio to log on. >Would you like to open a default file system folder instead. I have the choice of selecting yes or cancel, if I click cancel Outloo shuts down completely but if I...

Users That Exceeed Mailbox Storage Limits
When I have a user that exceeds his mailbox storage limit if he reduces the size of his mailbox he still can not send email. If I increase the size of his mailbox to double the size of his current mailbox it will still not let him send. Is there something that needs to be configured on the server so that it knows that the size of the mailbox has been reduced and that the allowed size was increased? Thanks! On Tue, 9 May 2006 16:08:01 -0700, D303M <D303M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I have a user that exceeds his mailbox storage limit if he reduces the >size of...

Combo box 01-23-08
This is so weird. I have a form with a combo box. The combo box on the form is based on a query. The query has two fields in it. The combo box is to show both fields with the first field being bound. When I run the form I see NOTHING in the combo box selection. I use the drop down arrow to the right of the combo box and scroll down (seeing nothing) and select some blank area and then I see the desciption. Why am I not seeing anything? I tried this with a list box as well. Is there something set up in the table wrong? I just can't see anything until I click somewhere in the combo box th...

Assign query results to combo box
Hello there, I have two combo boxes in a form and I would like the second box to be populated based on a query run with code. So the user will select an option in the first combo box and based on the selection a DoCmd.RunSQL command will be run in the After Update event of that first box. I would like the result of that query (which is a 1-column table) to be shown in the second combo box. Thanks in advance, Alejandro. The concept is called "Cascading Comboboxes." Googling with that term should get you a gazillion or so hits. Here's one tutorial on the subj...

Dialogue Box
I save a copy of an updated excel file each day to the same directory. I want to create a macro that prompts for the daily file name and saves it to a predetermined file location. THanks. -- Tim C "Tim C" wrote: > I save a copy of an updated excel file each day to the same directory. I > want to create a macro that prompts for the daily file name and saves it to a > predetermined file location. THanks. > -- > Tim C Use a modified version of this (no error checking added):- Sub SaveMe() myFileName = InputBox("Enter filename") & &q...

Excel Text box
How do you set the default fill color of an excel text box? Also, how do you change the fill color of a text box? To change the color of a text box in Excel, double click on the text box and select the Colors and Lines tab. The only way I know to change the default color is to right click on the text box (after you have made it the color you want) and select Set Autoshape Defaults. Then, instead of using a text box, use an Autoshape. You can add text using the Add Text command. this is for Excel XP Judy Freed "Mike R." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Pivot Table Grouping (Excel 2000)- This has to be simple
I want to count the number of events that occur in 10 minute increments over a period of days. I can easily count count the number of events, but the default is for each minute and I don't see any way to change it to 10 minute increments? Is this possible? Any help is appreciated. You could add a column to your source data, with the formula: =MINUTE(A2) where Time is in column A. Add the new field to your pivot table, and group on it. uncoolfester wrote: > I want to count the number of events that occur in 10 minute increments over > a period of days. I can easily cou...

Table Link
When i link the excel file in Tables objects using Link Table wizard, in one of the step the wizard ask 'Choose the delimiter that separates your fields' here when i tick Comma to separate the fields, the problem iam facing here is even my data/content other than heading also got separated as the data contains comma. I have 25 excel workbook to be linked, so its not easy to copy each excel file manually into new designed table example question: customerName,Amount bonney,A,12000 Answer: CustomerName Amount bonney,A 12000 My file is not a exce...

Limits in MS-Access 2003 vs Vista
Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; Please consider these questions to be on a personal use basis as opposed to commerical use: 1) Is there a good side by side comparison of the practical limits of MS-Access 2003 versus the Vista version? For example, I know the maximum size of an MS-Access DB is 2gb and there are many other limits (e.g. number of objects, etc)...could someone point me to a good web site that contrasts this info or post a summary? [I would like to look at this for upgrade considerations] 2) Also, if something just a bit more robust and capable of larger size is desirab...

What tables and fields should I use?
I am looking for database design help with my tables and fields. I have 75 questions, but I will continue to add more. I plan on giving at least 100 answers to each question. As a result I want to be able to keep a record of all the answers I give for a particular question. How many tables would you recommend I use? and what fields should be in each table? Teddy, Have a look at... http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3 -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.r...

pivot table error/question
I have a pivot table which has interest rate as one of its fields and the data is an amount. if I use a cell to the right of a my table and link it to lets say the total column within a given interest rate, it gives me that total correctly using the "getpivotdata" function for all but one of the rates. The one cell which doesnt work right gives me the #ref error. I've been researching the help menu for this function. Neither of the examples of causes of that error are the case here. I dont know if this will be possible to answer without seeing the sheet (its large, ...

Limit the number of rows for a filter
I'm filtering data in two columns c5:c3 and d5:d31. It's essentially a managers name and language code. The idea is to filter stats for a particular team or language. I've got my formulas working properly, but I've got some totals in rows b33:i33 through b38:i38 that I want to remain in place when I filter. I've tried auto filters, but they kill all the data that I want to remain static. Is there any way I can filter these columns (I only know autofilter right now) but get it to only filter information through row 31 ? -- guilbj2 -----------------------------------...

Status column in PurchaseOrderEntryDetail table
Hello, We're trying to populate the serial # into this table and run across the 'Status' column. What are the possible values for 'Status' column? Most of the time we see the value of '2', what does it mean? Please help. Many Thanks & Best Regard, Nikki ...

How to show/hide range of Month on Pivot Table
Hi, I have a pivot table set up and I would like to show the data for different ranges of month in 2 years. i.e. I want to show data between 2004 July to 2005 December only, is it possible? I could do that with excel 97, but everytime when I hide Jan-Jun for 2004, these month got hidden in 2005 automatically too. I hope the upgrade to 2003 didn't take away this capability...i have many things set up that require this function... Thanks a bunch! ...