Combo Box 02-10-08

I have a combo box in a form, it draws it's information from a table with two
fields
description and price. I can bind either one to a field (control source) in
my form, but I wish to bind both fields i.e. when it puts the description
into say field one I want the price to go into field two simultaneously.

Merv R

Merv,
In the after update event of the combo

Me.TheControlName = Me.TheComboName.Column(1)

for the second field.

Jeanette Cunningham

"Merv R" <Merv R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a combo box in a form, it draws it's information from a table with
>two
> fields
> description and price. I can bind either one to a field (control source)
> in
> my form, but I wish to bind both fields i.e. when it puts the description
> into say field one I want the price to go into field two simultaneously.
>
> Merv R

0
Jeanette

upgrading the OS on Exch2003 box
I have successfully upgraded Exch2000 to 2003. The OS is still Windows 2000 Server. Now I'm ready to upgrade that box to Windows Server 2003. Is there anything special I should note before upgrading, or is there a specific document which addresses any known method or problems ? thanks chrism "chrism" <chris@no_spam> wrote: >I have successfully upgraded Exch2000 to 2003. >The OS is still Windows 2000 Server. > >Now I'm ready to upgrade that box to Windows Server 2003. > >Is there anything special I should note before upgrading, or is there >a...

Combo Chart
I would like to do a combo chart. Any ideas? TIA Lacreeda Lacreeda - Plot all the data in a chart using the chart type you want to use for most of the series. Select one series you want to change, choose Chart Type from the Chart menu, and pick the chart type you want for this series. Repeat for any other series you want to change. Excel offers some built in combo types, but it's easy to make your own, and you can be much more flexible this way. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Lacreeda wrote: > I wou...

Action Pack 02-18-04
Hi Is CRM included in action pack in UK? Thanks Regards On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:04:51 -0000, "John" <john@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >Is CRM included in action pack in UK? > John Not seen it so far in ours Julian Julian Sharp Vigence for MS CRM in the UK ...

Document map 05-12-10
The document map for one of my documents has stopped displaying headings from the beginning of the document and instead displays headings from a point within it. The headings that aren't displayed are correctly formatted as Level 1. And I've entered and exited Outline view, with, unfortunately, no benefit. What might the solution be please? Are the headings that are shown the document map in the same style? If so, try reapplying the style to the headings that are not showing up. If not, make sure that it is the paragraph outline level that you have set to 1 (& if it ...

Need help on a formula 05-20-10

Subform question 04-09-10
I have a form (Form1) that contains a subform (Subform1). Within this subform I have a combo box which, depending on what is chosen, pops up another form (Popup1)for additional information. I need this additional information in the form that pops up to be 'linked' with the subform. The problem I am running into is that when the user enters information in Popup1, the table has not been populated witht he data that is in the subform so there is no record to 'link' to. What is the best way to force te esubform to pass its information to the table? Thanks i...

E-mail box sizes. Echange System Manger.
Hi. Now and then I need to find out the size of the various e-mail boxes in Exchange2000. The problem is that the size indicated in the Exchange System Manager do not reflect the same size when you look into Outlook. Is the a way to figure out the correct e-mail size? If not. Is this better in Exchange2003? Thank you in advance. DagN I'd consider the Exchange value to be the most important given this is what will be used for mailbox quotas, etc. Nue "Dag N" <skier@start.no> wrote in message news:OjCaWfjLGHA.2320@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi. > Now and then ...

sending mail 05-20-10
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'michael.porth@bafin.be'. Subject 'Hello', Account: 'pop-server.tampabay.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com', Protocol: SMT...

Upgrade GP 9.0 SP2 to GP 10.0 Advice
Hi, We are planning our upgrade of GP9.0 SP2 to GP10.0. We are running SQL 2000 and would like to also upgrade to SQL 2005. I am using the following url (and read some threads on this forum): https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/knowledgebase/hottopics/hot_topic_updatingmicrosoftdynamicsgp10.htm?printpage=false (page: Updating to Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0) The chart Microsoft provides says I can go from 9.00.0281 (which is SP2) to 10.0 or any patch install. What does "any patch install" mean? Does this mean I can't go directly to 10.0 Feature Pack 1? Would i...

How to return the primary key from a combo box
I have a table containing two columns Column 1: Primary key Column 2: Name. I want to create an unbound combo box that shows the name but returns the PK. I have these properties set: Control source: <is empty> Row source type: table/query Bound column: 1 Row source: <I have a select that returns the desired records> In cboClient_AfterUpdate() I look at debug.print cboClient.Value and I see the name. I need the PK so I can construct the query for the next combo box. How do I get the PK Thanks for the help -- Message posted via http://www.accessmons...

Simple Yes/No drop down box
Hi, I am looking to create a simple drop down box which has yes or no as the options. For the life of me i can't remember how to do it. Thanks Select the cell and then click on Data | Data Validation. In the dialogue box for Allow click on List, and then in Source you can type "Yes,No" (without the quotes) and ensure that In-cell drop-down is checked. Click OK and then you have it. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 21, 9:41=A0am, Debi <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, I am looking to create a simple drop down box which has yes or no as = the ...

creating nested formulas from drop down box
Hi, I have cell A1 with a drop down box containing 26 available choices. B1 has the dollar amount matching to the choice in A1 using vlookup. E1 totals several cells including B1 together. I want F1 to look at A1 and either enter the number from E1 or NA. Here's billing example: A1=January , B1=$5 ,C1=$10, D1=$1, E1=$16 (total of b-d1) F1 is the column for January G1 is the column for February H1 is the column for March, etc If A1 = Jan, then F1 should be $16 If A1 = Feb, then F1 should be NA or $0 This is the formula that has been working so far: =IF((G2="...

anchor picture to text box
(Publisher 2003) I have a newsletter with a Kudos box. In the corners of the box I have a happy face. I'd like the happy faces to be anchored to their corners so when I enlarge or shorten the box, the faces move along with the text box. Why not create a rectangle, insert the happy faces, group. The problem as I see it would be if you resize, the happy faces could be distorted if you widen or shrink the group. You would always have to re-size proportionally. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Helen" <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:193...

"Enabel / Disable macros" message box appears no matter which .xls file the user opens....
"Enabel / Disable macros" message box appears no matter which .xls file I open... I can't find any hidden/empty code in the xls files... Has someone got any experience with this? krgds, Nils Egil Lie Stolt Offshore AS Hi you also have to remove the (empty) modules in the VBA editor. Also check that there're no statements left in the worksheet modules and in the workbook module -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Nils Egil Lie wrote: > "Enabel / Disable macros" message box appears no matter which .xls > file I open... I can't find any hidden/emp...

Nested if 10 / Vlookup Therapist
I am working on a Scheduling program for a counseling center. Thi center has 10 + therapists and 20 + clients. The plan is for th manager to only have to enter the clients name into the therapist page and to have the therapists name auto populate into the clients page. can get this to work fine with 7 therapists (the limit for nested i statements) but I cannot figure out how to get vlookup or any othe function to work. ohh by the way the or() statements are used because there are possibilities for the clients name to be entere (CLIENT/CLIENTc/CLIENTp) Code ------------------- =(IF...

PDF attachments 06-21-10
I cannot open a PDF attachment directly from WLM. If I save it to my desktop then I can open it. Is that just the way it is? PDF attachments in OE6 used to work. I am running Vista. Help! Ed This fix only mentions Windows Mail but it should apply equally to Windows Live Mail : http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/236/1/Unable-to-open-PDF-attachments-from-Windows-Mail.html Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Ed Ahern" wrote in message news:e33LaPOELHA.4824@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... I cannot open a PDF attachment directly from WLM. If I save it to my ...

text box email publication
I am a publisher novice. I am trying to develop an e-mail newletter. The templates in publisher have a text box under each article with what appears to be a hyperlink with "more details". I assume this will enable the reader of the email to expand the text box and see the full details of the article. I like this feature as it means that readers only get to see the title and abstract and then can select the articles they want to read in full. Unfortunately I can not work out how to use this function and as usual help is no help. Tim no such feature in Publisher. "kiwi ti...

After update 10-31-07
I'm using an After Update event on a form to update one field with the current date when a checkbox is checked, but the date doesn't display until I scroll down the form. Is there some way to get the date to display right after the box is checked (or at least once the next record is selected)? Thanks, Tom -- Thanks, Tom Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200710/1 Sounds like you have a control that has a Name that is different from the name of the date field. In the AfterUpdate code, use the name of the control,...

File Open Box
When I go file open and the box appears to select where & what I want to open, it appears full screen, how can I reduce the size of it (it never used to be full screen). I try placing the mouse on the edges but it won't give me a drag arrow from anywhere around the perimeter of the screen Drove me near insane once. Dbl-click in the dialog title bar. "bev" <bev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66C4FC65-041A-4EF3-A1F0-4B1FEA6F472F@microsoft.com... > When I go file open and the box appears to select where & what I want to > open...

Converting Access 97 to Access 2003 10-14-05
This is my first conversion. Can anyone offer tips on the easiest and safest way to convert a multi user database which was developed in Access 97 to Access 2003? You can try opening A2003, and before opening any database, choose: Tools | Database Utilities | Convert Database. If you run into problems, see: Converting from Access 97 to 2000, 2002 or 2003 at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-48.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Jane...

Form Problem 01-07-08
I have a form setup with several items bound to certain fields in the database. How do I stop my form from adding a new record each time the form opens. I only want the record saved when the user hits the save button. Hi, on the form's data tab on the property sheet, set the Data Entry property to No. Jeanette Cunningham "CribbsStyle" <cribbsstyle@gmail.com> wrote in message news:48c1d1e7-0e2f-4819-b30b-da5e4fe5cbc8@r60g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... >I have a form setup with several items bound to certain fields in the > database. How do I stop my form from adding...

Combo box from a macro
Hello, First let me give you the scenerio. I have a main form of data. On it I have a subForm. I want to select a record from the subform (which is sub-data) and display that record in the main form. This is a customer and related customer DB. When Customer X comes in I want to be able to see customer x's family. I want to be able to choose a mamber of custome x's family and display them on the main form, thus displaying customer y and their family. I have created the main form to have a combo/lookup based on the SS#. I have created a button on the subform to read the SS# on ...

hey 04-14-10
hey ...

input box prompt
Hi, Once again I need help. I have an Input Box that I would like to set a portion of the prompt font to bold. I've searched the forums and could not find an answer. This is the code for the Input Box that I'm using InputBox("Enter Allocation For : " & .lstProddescp.List(i) & vbCrLf & "Current Qty is : " & MyQty) You will note "MyQty" this is what I want to make bold. It is a numeric value. In my limited knowledge I tried to format "MyQty" to bold, but only to fail. Any help would be appreciated. You cannot...