collect data via email

We're looking for solution to collect intake data from multiple agencies (not
on network), and get into our (currently 2003) Access database.
With 2007, the 'EMail data collect' facility - can that collect and insert
multiple rows with 1 email - or each email/form processes only 1 row..?
thanks!
don

You will send a mail asking the user either to update a certain row or add
information to a new record. So in both situations you are tied to single row
processing...
Secondly you have two options to choose from. Plain html which will present
the user with a html email with an embedded for where the user has to fill in
the data. Disadvantage for this option.. not editable so you are stuck with
what you get. The second choice is use an InfoPath form, advantage... you can
edit it the way you like and design it the way you like. Disadvantage.. users
need to have infopath to fill in the form send by you..

hth
--
Maurice Ausum

"nycdon" wrote:

> We're looking for solution to collect intake data from multiple agencies (not
> on network), and get into our (currently 2003) Access database.
> With 2007, the 'EMail data collect' facility - can that collect and insert
> multiple rows with 1 email - or each email/form processes only 1 row..?
> thanks!
> don
- web based form
or
- stand alone db you write that each user uses to enter data and it builds
an email (with attachment).

Central db uses db shared with web-based form
or
Central db reads email and processes using custom code.

or
something like
accesstables.com

Just some thoughts,

--
Mark Andrews
RPT Software

"nycdon" <nycdon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We're looking for solution to collect intake data from multiple agencies
> (not
> on network), and get into our (currently 2003) Access database.
> With 2007, the 'EMail data collect' facility - can that collect and insert
> multiple rows with 1 email - or each email/form processes only 1 row..?
> thanks!
> don

0
Mark

Looking for an excel function which can mirror opposite the data
Dear sir, There are 2 data sets is assumed running in A1 down, viz.: From A1 down to A10, are showing a set of number: from 1 to 10 In the cell from B1 to B10, are showing from 10 to 1, which is decreasing from 10 to 1. My question: I want to know is there any excel formula which I can place in B1 and pick A10's number; B2 pick A9's number and etc. I know there is an easy way to do it, just type "=A10" in the cell of B1, but it is quite difficult to do it when I have more than 200 number, e.g. A1 to A200. Thanks for your advice, Wilchong -- Message posted via OfficeKB...

Averaging weekly data into Months
Ive got a string of weekly data ranging from 1993-2010, which i need to convert from weekly to monthly. Id like to do this so that in the future new weekly data can be automatically converted to its monthly average. Whats the best way to do this? Maybe this will be useful to you... Step1: (If your weekly-date is in column B) Make a new column near your data, with formula in each line as "=eomonth(b1,0)" This will bring month value of each data-line, so later you can summarise/condense your data through this column value. Step2: In your monthly summary, use refe...

Blank Emails #3
Hello, Environment is Exchange 2003 Standard loaded on a Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition. My users are using Outlook 2002(XP) and some of them are using Outlook 2003. Some of them create Rich Text, some Plain Text, some HTML. I have been going through trying all different ones for them. This has never happened until Exchange 2003 (installed roughly 1 1/2 Months ago). Problem only popped up a week ago. The problem is, users are sending and recieving blank emails occasionally. Even the copy that goes into their 'Sent' Items is blank. They all have the latest Service Pa...

Exporting emails from Outlook 2003 #2
I have a folder that contains over 500 threads on technical matters on a subject. I have tried to use Export to Exel but this does not transfere all the information over including not giving all the text in the body of the email. A similar problem is saving an email to a folder outside outlook it doesn't show the date so you may have a huge list of items all titled but not dated in the title Please can anybody help? Hi stevtb why do you want to export the emails. What is the target/reson to export the emails? -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange (Vista Ready): Publi...

Drop line on only one data point in series
Is it possible to add a drop line to only one data point in a series? If so, how? I believe attaching an autoshape line to a single data point would also meet my needs. I would like to be able to have a single data point marked with a line that doesn't require repositioning every time I add new points to the end of the series, which is daily. Any ideas? An autoshape would move anytime a heavy truck drove by. You could add custom negative error bars to the series, where the range containing the values contained zero for each point except for the one you want the drop line for. Easie...

Pulling data for a report from a form
Hi, I have a product report list that want to show the on hand qty. so i have this formula in a report field: =onHand([pkProductID],Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty) but when i preview the report it shows #name? instead. Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200912/1 To refer to a textbox on another (open) form, use: =Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "josros60 via AccessMonster.com" <u56159@uw...

Email with attachments
I have a user reporting that since installing the Laptop CRM client, email with attachments will just sit in his outbox unable to send. Has anyone else heard of a problem like this. He is the only client that we have running Vista. ...

duplicate emails being sent
I have a couple of computers that are sending duplicate emails only when they are sending to more than one recipient. Any idea why this is happening? Jeff ...

can not delete emails
i went out of town and returned with 3000+ emails. some i can delete, some i can not. i have tried to repair and fix, i have tried to create a new profile and import/export everything. any ideas? thanks in advance. yes, the cannot move item(s). The initial error i get when trying to delete is: "the message interface has returned an unknown error. if this persists, restart outlook". The only thing i can think of is a damaged profile??? >-----Original Message----- >Do you get an error when trying to move the item to another folder (e.g. >move the item to the deleted ...

Microsoft Word
I have created a new Microsoft Word Form and would like to insert at the bottom a simple button or link the user can press when the form has been completed which will automatically insert the completed form into an email(as an attachment) ready to be sent. How can I accomplish this? Thanks in advance. -- KPFDCO3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KPFDCO3's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/222188.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1338781.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Custom Formatting a Chart Data Label
I want to create a chart which will display a zero value on the data label where there is in fact a zero value, and show N/A on the data label where it didn't apply. The formula I am using in the spreadsheet uses a nested formula to make this determination: =IF(AND(B22+C22>0,C22>0),B22/C22,NA()) Presently, it works but displays the #N/A on the chart where I would prefer it simply displayed as N/A. Can I do this with a custom format on the data label?? Thanks so much! I don't know how you all do it but your amazing! -- If you can read this, thank a Teacher... If your read...

pivot table changes when data is refreshed.
Hi, I have a pivot table with grouping based on a field called "period which is of date type. I have grouped it into months and quarters However when i refresh the pivot table whenever the data (which is in seperate sheet) is changed, the groupings are going out. I want t preserve the groupings as they are like a template. How do i stop th changing the format and layout of the pivot table whenever i refres the data? any ideas? please help. regards Kiran:mad ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages d...

Can I retrieve deleted email from the enlarged database
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop My v.X database is 950Mb with very little email. I know this is because of the deleted emails of the past and that rebuilding the database would produce a new database the right size. I would like to know if I can get to the deleted emails. Can I get them back. I have run in to an issue that I need them. <FONT FACE="Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE='font-size:12pt'>On 5/11/10 11:41 PM, in article <a href="59bb859f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0&q...

Old emails not displayed (Multiple PC's using same inbox)
I have 2 machines running XP and Outlook 2000. Both mahcines are setup to using the same Exchange Server email account. When i open outlook in one machine all mail are visable is the inbox, and new mail is received correctly. But if i opne Outlook on the second machine my inbox is empty. Any new mails will appear quickly then disappear. I cannot get the second machine to display old emails. If I leave the first machine off, all new mail will stay in the second machines inbox, but if I open outlook on the second machine all mail disappears and is shown in the first machines inbox. A...

outlook express outgoing email disappears
I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and with different addressees when I send an email it is received by the addressee ok but it is not in my sent items folder so I have no record of it! It does not happen every time -- perhaps about 1 in 6. I'M probably overlooking the obvious. Suggestions welcome. i suggest the outlook express newsgroup -Gary "Sean Dunne" <dunnes@iol.ie> wrote in message news:128d001c3f72d$d457f8f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and > with different addressees when I send an email it...

Redefine field data type
Hi, I am trying to write a function in a module in MS Access 2000 that will change the data type of a field called 'Start' in table 'bo_cpm_CS01ALL'. Here is the code that I have done so far but when I run it nothing happens...no errors or changes to the table. The code finds the table and field, creates a new field called 'temp' then copys 'Start' to 'temp' then deletes 'Start' and renames 'temp'. The field 'Start' has data type dbDouble. Any help would be great!! Public Function ChangeFieldType() 'Purpose: Changes a f...

Help!! Way to find users sending email to large amount of receipients.
Could some one tell me if there is a way in Exchange 2003 to find out what users are sending email to a large amount of recipients? I'm having some serious performance issues and I'm sure it's some one sending email to a large amount of recipients. Thanks, Will ...

sp_columns does not return NVARCHAR data type columns
Hi, our SQL Server Version is 2000 SP4. For several days the SP "sp_columns" does not return NVARCHAR data type columns any more. I reviewd the SP "sp_columns" and it seems, that the used SP "spt_datatype_info" does not return that type any more. A second production server returns that column type. The SP "sp_columns" is used by the ODBC-Driver to determine the table columns. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot, Nils Ok, my fault, it seems that "spt_datatype_info" is a table and there is no NVARCHAR row. After insert...

Outlook 2003 Adding several Emails to Block Sender list at One Tim
I just upgraded to Windows 2003 SP 2. In the older version of Outlook, I could highlight several emails and add them to the junk senders list by selecting: Action/Junk Email/Ad to junk senders list With 2003, the option to “Add Sender to blocked senders list” is grayed out and I am not able to select it. What can I do to be able to use this? It is available when I select an individual email. ...

Charts not recognizing source data if original linked data is changed.
I am very frustrated by Excel (2003) at the moment. I'm relatively new to using Excel in depth. I have always been able to work my way through most intricacies and pitfalls. But now I have been working in a workbook with linked sheets (and with linked workbooks too) and have two problems that I cannot solve. Right now, I have about 47 sheets that are set up as follows: detail data: this is the raw data the the user enters daily totals: this is calculated data from the detail sheets summary sheets: further sums from the daily totals and a chart object that charts these sums (a line or sc...

Problems Recieving Emails
I have two accounts one for me and one for the better half. I have them set up on outlook correctly . The problem is I can only down load the wife's email using out look express. I also use Mail Washer to wash the crud out and it does not see the email either although it logs on to the accounts. Cox is my ISP. I have discussed it with them and the answer was to take it up with Microsoft, but that was a waste of time as they have not found any cause for the action. Any ideas of the problem would be kindly accepted. 1. Version of Outlook? 2. Separate mail profiles? 3. Separate Windows L...

how do i enter data for a # of years using a formula?
i am working on excel and the book asks that i enter data s=using formulas for specifically the last three years of what i am referencing to. and i have to know how to us the copy command button. can anyone help ...

Do a calculation in cells with text data format
I have a few columns of cells having a mixed data format of number and text. Is it possible to convert the first row of numbers in text data format for further calculation? Your guidance to accomplish it is appreciated. Thanks, Ray Example? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ray" <NoSpam-ZQLi@GMail.com> wrote in message news:ei$Jbmy$FHA.216@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a few columns of cells having a mixed data format of number and text. > Is it possible to convert the first row of numbers in text data format for > further calculation? Your guidance to accomplis...

Where has the data map tool gone to in Excel 2003?
Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel. It's gone as of Exel 2002. Here is MS's statement and a link to another program for map making. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010346591033.aspx tj "macray" wrote: > Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel. If it still resides on the hard drive, you can use it from later Excel versions, through the Insert Object dialog. But I think uninstallation is pretty good at wiping it out. In my case, I have multiple versions of Excel installed on one machine, so Excel 2003...

Comparing two email lists
Hi. I'm trying to find a function or way to compare two lists of email addresses and see the difference between the two. I have an email distribution list from a long time ago and one from recent and need to know which names have been added and which names were dropped. Can anybody help me with this? also feel free to email me at crellwanger@aol.com Thanks so much for your help. I have been struggling with this same type of scenario on and off for a few months. I finally have the ultimate solution for dealing with two lists that have matches and also potentially many difference...