Checking which fields changed

Hi

Is it possible to identify individual fields changed by a user during
editing on a form before or immediately after the form is saved?

Thanks

Regards

0
John

On May 9, 4:25 pm, "John" <J...@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to identify individual fields changed by a user during
> editing on a form before or immediately after the form is saved?
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards

I assume you mean what data was changed when you save the record?  If
so look at the OldValue property of your text boxes etc.

0
DavidB
5/9/2007 8:32:59 PM
Take a look at what Allen Browne has at
http://www.allenbrowne.com/AppAudit.html

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to identify individual fields changed by a user during
> editing on a form before or immediately after the form is saved?
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards

0
Douglas

PivotTable
In my PivotTables, if I uncheck a data field then it is removed from the drop down list. Is there any way to prevent this from happening, so it acts like the column and row drop down lists? No, there isn't any setting that you can change, to prevent this from happening. Jeff K wrote: > In my PivotTables, if I uncheck a data field then it is removed from the drop > down list. Is there any way to prevent this from happening, so it acts like > the column and row drop down lists? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Populating Quote Product Fields
Hi all, can anyome tell me how to get more fields to copy automatically from Products to Quote Products ? For example, when we add a product (Existing) to a quote and save it, the List Price and Volume discount is transferred automatically, but we need the Description and other pricing fileds (such as current cost) to transfer at the same time. Thanks Ian ...

Change part of data within a cell.
Hello, I have a long list of data in the format: a-bb-ccc-yyy-zz Where all letters are numbers, i.e: 1-01-100-200-00 1-01-100-200-01 1-01-100-230-00 1-01-100-230-01 1-01-100-230-02 1-01-100-230-03 1-01-100-230-04 1-01-100-230-05 1-01-100-230-06 1-01-100-230-07 1-01-100-230-08 1-01-100-230-09 1-01-100-230-10 1-01-100-230-11 1-01-100-230-12 1-01-100-230-13 .... and so on. The cell fields are all formatted as general. I cant really change this, as the final output will be save as a .csv and then...

Question about composing mail and the address field
Using Outlook 2002 on a WinXP system. When I compose a new email and type the first few letters of a contact's name, sometimes Outlook fills in the name. Other times it doesn't. Is Outlook looking for an exclusive match? For example, I have two contacts with the first name Brent in my address book. Typing Brent doesn't accomplish anything. Some mailers give you a drop down menu of Brents to choose from Is there a way to get Outlook to do this? Thanks. ...

Fields in Word
Here is a block of text for each $ amount I want (without using VBA) to create a reference (like you can name cells in Excel). And since this is repeated three times in the Word document I would like the other instances of the number to automatically be filled in. I am thinking it's a FIELD thing. Just can't figure it out. Thanks. EXAMPLE We have a significant amount of indebtedness. On December 31, 2009, we had aggregate indebtedness of approximately $11.2 million of which $1.9 million, including current maturities of $10.6 million, represents obligations of ...

Formula changes when adding rows
I have two separate spreadsheets that use an identical formula....However in one file when I enter an additional row all of the call references in the formula change change (even those above where I have entered the row). In the other file when I enter an additional row the formulas are maintained.... The formula I use is : =3DINDIRECT("'"&$B$4&"'!"&CELL("=ADAddress",K$108)) However, even if I enter a line 20 or 30 rows below it will always change to: =3DINDIRECT("'"&$B$4&"'!"&CELL("=ADAddr...

How do I change my email server address to outlook?
I currently can not receive any incoming emails to outlook. They are going directly to the cable compnay provider. So what is the email server address I use for outlook? Check with your ISP - they normally will provide the incoming/outgoing email server addresses required for Outlook, as well as any authentication requirements. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Laura D. asked:...

Change the background color of check box
Hi I am trying to change the background color of a check box . Since check box is a button ,Is that I need to call Draw Item. I tried calling but failed . Pls tell me the exact place to do so. Thanks Bhargavi Since it is a CButton, you will need to owner draw it(I guess you are doing that). Here is the sample: http://www.codeproject.com/buttonctrl/CCheckSK.asp --- Ajay Bhargs wrote: > Hi > I am trying to change the background color of a check box . > Since check box is a button ,Is that I need to call Draw Item. > I tried calling but failed . > Pls tell me the exact place ...

UML Semantic Errors checking Visio 2002
I recently upgraded to Visio 2002 (professional). The UML semantic error checking does not seem to be available. How do I get the UML Add-on Semantic error checking turned on? It is available in the Visio for Enterprise Architect edition. It comes with Visual Studio for Enterprise Architect and it isnt sold separately. Thanks -ronnie "Jeff Stets" <JStets@AHHinc.com> wrote in message news:09a701c3878b$65bbdb80$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I recently upgraded to Visio 2002 (professional). The UML > semantic error checking does not seem to be available. > How do I get...

Problem compacting or converting mdbs after changing from novel to
I am having a very strange issue while converting access 2000 db to access 2007 on a network drive after our company changed from novel to AD. When I run the compact a database.mdb file is created and the compact does not work. I understand that access creates this mdb then deletes the old and renames the database.mdb to the correct name. My issue is that I am not sure what permissions I needs to complete this. The only permissions I do not have are Full control, Change permissions and take ownership. This is really confusing me. thanks For testing, get Full control of the folder hold...

VBA to Change Font in title
As this is related to charts, I thought I'd post it here instead of in the programming thread. I want to dynamically define the title for a chart. I'd like to have what I'm calling a Level1 title and a Level 2 title in a named range. When I recorded a macro, this is what I got: ActiveChart.ChartTitle.Select Selection.Characters.Text = "Level 1 Title" & Chr(10) & "Level 2 Title" Basically, I want to use a named range for "Level 1 Title" and another named range for "Level 2 title". How do I get the title to be...

How to insert document property into excel field
Hi - quick (and possibly stupid) question: I cannot for the life of me figure out how to insert a document property (e.g., Author, Title etc) into an excel spreadsheet. In word I'd do this by clicking on Insert->Field, but there appears to be no correlation in Excel. Is it possible to do this? If so, can anyone enlighten me? Thanks in advance aMc vrth4hqlr4l001 at sneakemail dot com Check out at file-properties. >-----Original Message----- >Hi - quick (and possibly stupid) question: > >I cannot for the life of me figure out how to insert a document property >(e...

Check out THIS undocumented feature......
We created a case with the following title text: Computype - Steve network access unavailable. I had an aspx page that would create an e-mail based on this title and insert it into the e-mail subject line. The e-mail would not send. Error out --- contact adminstrator. Error details: Error 0x80040e14. PartyObjectTypeCode indicates an unknown party, but Party ID was not null. Apparently, we narrowed it down to the use of the consecutive characters of "type" in the title (case) and subject line (e-mail). It must parse the text and search for the lowercase consecutive charact...

Changing pop server automatically in VBScript
Hi, I need to do a programm in VBScript that change automatically the name of all the pop servers of all account in Microsoft Outlook 2003. How can I do ? Thank you for your help. Hi there If I was going to do this I'd start with customising a PRF file - see http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/HA011403051033.aspx. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "gcharhon@sentinelbox.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I need to do a programm in VBScript that change automatically the name > of all the pop servers of all account in Microsoft Outlook 2003. > > H...

Change source data in a pivot chart
Hi All I have a stack of pivot tables each with a pivot chart. I now need to move the location ot the Pivot tables which is the source data to the charts. But in Chart=>Source data.. is dimmed out and i can't find a way of changing the pivot chart's pivot table location. Any suggestions?? TIA jpohnb Did you try moving the pivot table to see what would happen? I just did a quick test with a pivot table and standalone chart. I cut the pivot table and copied it to a different sheet, and the pivot chart knew where the pivot table ended up. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

Color Changes
Have inserted company logo in publisher file. It is in eps format and looks/prints fine from illustrator but will not look/print in the right color from publisher? Can I fix this? Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from Becky N <becky@markardesign.com> > Have inserted company logo in publisher file. It is in > eps format and looks/prints fine from illustrator but > will not look/print in the right color from publisher? Make sure you are using a PostScript printer (or using a PDF file as an intermediary) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Micr...

Default Value + Date Format + Check Box
I could use some help... I have a workorder form. On the form, I have a "FieldRepair" check box. If the check box is selected, it should lock down another field called "Date Picked Up." The "Date Picked Up" field is for equipment repaired in house. Not only must the "Date Picked Up" field be locked down if the equipment is to be repaired off-site, I also need the "Date Picked Up" field's default value to be the "Date Finished" field. Hope that all makes sense. I have the check box working as far as locking it down if the ...

avoid spam
So, to avoid spam, how does changing email address help? No matter what email I have, I want people (whom I choose) to contact me. So, if I keep changing my email, how will people know where to contact me? OR, did you mean (when "you" told me to change email addresses -- see "virus UGH!") to use a different email address when writing to these help/user boards? Thanks in advance for anyone's ideas on this "how to avoid 250 spams a day!" Yep, use fake addresses whenever you don't have to use a real one. Use a separate box if you need to post a valid acc...

Need the check state of list control item as user checks/unchecks it
I have CListCtrl object. As soon as the check box is selected i need to display some message box. If NM_CLICK message is handled and GetCheck() is used it is too early and will not get the proper state of the item selected . Please let me if anybody knows. Hook LVN_ITEMCHANGED a sample code may look like this void CCustomListCtrlDlg::OnItemchangedList1(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) { NM_LISTVIEW* pNMListView = (NM_LISTVIEW*)pNMHDR; BOOL bTest = m_Ctrl.GetCheck(pNMListView->iItem); *pResult = 0; } Regards, -Boben. "Rajani" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Changing the Product Key
I just bought a used Mac running OS X and it has a copy of Office X on=20 it already. I would like to replace the old Product key with my own=20 Product key. I tried reinstalling but it must not overwrite everthing. = Is=20 there a file I need to seek out and change or throw away? Steve Randa <sranda@jajostudio.com> wrote: Hi Steve, > I just bought a used Mac running OS X and it has a copy of Office X on > it already. I would like to replace the old Product key with my own > Product key. I tried reinstalling but it must not overwrite everthing. Is > there a file I...

checking overlapping data
I have a table tblAllowance.The design is as follows. But the data shown here is from a continuous form (which is a subform) limited to a particular allowance. The new data is entered from the main form’s unbound controls AllowanceName FromDate ToDate AllowanceRate House Rent 01/01/2009 31/03/2009 7385 House Rent 01/05/2009 30/11/2009 7570 HouseRent 01/12/2009 7970 The null value indicates that it is the present rate and we don’t know how long it lasts. I actually want three validation rules on this to check data overlapping. Because there is no guarantee that the user e...

Cdn Payroll, Payables check register, Bank Rec
Hi - I am on the Standard "A" plan - so this time I would hope someone will answer my question. We are having difficulty making sure that the payroll cheques show up in Bank Rec and on the Payables check register. One batch does, one won't - does anyone know the criteria that I need to check on to make sure that this work's consistently. As it stands now we need to do an adjustement in Bank rec to allow for the payroll batch. Thanks in advance Gloria Do the two batches have the same employees? I'm wondering if some employees have their cards set to payment method...

SOP drop ship should let me change the PO shiping method
When Creating a SOP Drop ship item, you cannot change the Purchase order Shipping method for the Line item. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cd341f7c-21d0-46...

Auto checking mails...!
I want to make my Windows mail to check mails automatically; even when Windows mail is not open, like foxmail & other softwares. How to do it? "G. Mohandas" <G. Mohandas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B14F7B3-CEFA-4AAA-87F1-1C0004BF3EE2@microsoft.com... >I want to make my Windows mail to check mails automatically; even when > Windows mail is not open, like foxmail & other softwares. How to do it? This is not an option in WM, some have said that installing a third party application will do it? But I do not recall what the program...

Disabling certain fields for certain users, without FIeld level security
Hi, Is there a way to disable certain feilds from both the Great Plains transaction and inquiry windows and even from the smartlist, without using Field level security Thanks in advance Sajid Saeed Field Level Security uses Dexterity triggers to hide or disable fields. You can achieve similar results using VBA or Dexterity customisations. The advantage of Field Level Security is that it has an interface to be able to select the users for which the security is to be applied. As a customisation you will either need to create an interface or hard code by User ID or User Class. David ...