Change pivot chart options

Is it possible to modify fields through VB on pivotcharts?  For instance I
have a chart that shows sales per date.  And I'd like to use the same chart
to show sales by month or sales by week without the user having to move
things around themselves.  I can easily set up 2 different Pivotcharts but
that seems redundant if they use the exact same layout and data.

Thanks,

Change a SharePoint farm from standalone to small farm
My requirement is to CHANGE the standalone server to small farm. New SQL Server is setup and running using domain account. Is it sufficient to follow the steps mentioned in KB934838 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934838 to change service account, and then remove and add content database from Central Admin? (I want to move only content databases, not SSP, Config, Search and Central Admin DB) I am going to use single domain account for all services, and I will make this account as local admin on both servers. Will it work? Thanks in advance J Justin ------=_NextPart...

How to make a Line Chart with shaded uncertainty band
In scenarios, the forecasted values often have a higher uncertainty the further they are in the future (like a weather forecast). I would like to show this "uncertainty band" in a line chart. Of course this can be done by graphing two extra lines for optimistic and pessimistic values, or for any limit values, but I would like to shade the area between these upper and lower limits, preferably by a transparent colour so gridlines are still visible. Anyone with an idea how to do this? Thanks for your help, Henk Hi, You can create the shading by using dummy data plotted as an a...

Update Query to Change Values From One Table To Another
Hi, I have two tables with a number of fields in each table. In one table called ACCOUNTS CHARGED the yes/no field called CHARGED is always by default "yes" everytime a record is entered in it. I want it every time to update the table called RESPEL ALL CHARGES (when running an Update Query) the identical field CHARGED by looking at the RESNO field in the table ACCOUNTS CHARGED to be the same as the RESNO field in the table RESPEL ALL CHARGES. Thanks ...

remove data source from pivot table?
I use pivot tables to create reports because it makes it easy to update numbers on a regular basis, but the end reports don't actually have to be pivot tables. I'm seeing that the files are getting rather large, which makes it cumbersome to e-mail them. I would love it if there was a way to just remove the data source and then having the individual pivot tables turn into static reports. Is something like this possible? Hi Just select the PT report>Copy>Paste Special>Values to another Sheet. Just mail that sheet. -- Regards Roger Govier "eggman2001" <sodani@gm...

Ranking Chart
Hello I have to do a chart from a lot of different dealers. However, I only want the top 10 dealers to be on the chart and a sum of the rest as others. Is that possible? How could I do a tornado style chart? Thanks for your help -- cartera ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cartera's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37669 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=572776 Hi, You will need to sort your data before it goes into the chart. You can then either manually select the to...

determining user-defined chart definition
How can I look at the code/description of a user-defined chart? ...

How to attach legend frame to chart frame?
I moved the legend of a chart inside the chart such thatthe legend fram aligns with the chart frame. However, it turns out that it onl *appears* to be aligned -- when I look at the print preview (or simpl print it) or when I export the whole chart to other applications suc as MS-Word, the two frames do not lign up at all. Likewise when I onl chage the zoom factor. Moreover, even within the Excel standard view, the alignment get distorted almost every time I enter and exit the chart (even when make no changes to the chart whatsoever). Is there any way to tell Excel to permanently attach the ...

Pivot Table Axis format
Hi. I have a macro that creates a pivot-table and pivot chart. The X-axis is a date. In the raw data, the date is formated as month/day. This is the way I want it on the chart. However, the X-axis formats with month/day/year. How can I force this to display correctly? Thanks, Mike. Do you see a grey little dropdown under the X axis (where you can choose your dates to show)? If yes, then rightclick on it. Select the top option: "Format pivotchart field" then click on the Number button on the next dialog. There are a bunch of date formats that you can choose from. Maybe...

treeview item's icon changed to dark when it was cutted
// clear cut state TreeView_SetItemState( hwnd, hItemCut, 0, TVIS_CUT ) ; // set cut state TreeView_SetItemState( hwnd, hItemCut, TVIS_CUT,TVIS_CUT ) ; When I cutted the item,its icon changed to dark.I hope it changes to a little vague,just like windows explorer.I can change item's icon by myself without setting TVIS_CUT state,but does it mean TVIS_CUT is useless if I do that? Also I tried to use overlay image to get the effect but failed. I haven't had much luck with that one either. You could try to use custom draw to change your fonts on selected items: http://msdn2.microsoft...

Protect / Unprotect All Sheets BUT Exclude Pivot Table
I have added a macro (shown below) to protect / unprotect all which works well. Unfortunately, one of the sheets does now not update as it is a pivot table graph and when I unlock all it works again. The sheets are called "Report" and "Analysis", is there any way to add an extra line to exclude on Protect. these sheets have macro buttons contained within them which also need to be clickable. Thanks in advance ----- Sub ProtectAllSheets() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim N As Single For N = 1 To Sheets.Count Sheets(N).Protect Password:="admi...

Can the Playback Rate for WMP be Changed?
See Subject. I want to slow down the playback. You might get more definitive results on this in the microsoft.public.windowsmedia newsgroups (there are several of them; probably the player one is the one you want) W. eWatson wrote: > See Subject. I want to slow down the playback. W. eWatson wrote: > See Subject. I want to slow down the playback. Yet tried the Play -> Play Speed menu? VanguardLH wrote: > W. eWatson wrote: > >> See Subject. I want to slow down the playback. > > Yet tried the Play -> Play Speed menu? Ah, ha. Thanks. ...

Tracking options and printing
A client of mine has recently upgraded from outlook 98 to outlook xp. When she turns on both of the tracking options from TOOLS>OPTIONS>EMAIL OPTIONS>TRACKING OPTIONS for all messages i send, request READ RECIEPT DELIVERY RECIEPT When client goes to her sent items folder and does a print preview on the email, as well as when she actually prints the email, the tracking information is present in the email, showing: TRACKING : RECIPIENT DELIVERY lastname, firstname delivered:dd/mm/yy client does not want this information displayed or printed in the email ...

Jon Peltier
Jon, How would you do this with a Pivot Table? I'm not a Pivot Table novice and I just can't envision how this one would be done. Thanks, Barb Hi Barb - I didn't see this question at first, but I responded in the original thread. I didn't try to replicate the OP's one column setup from his first post, because it didn't match the more logical arrangement in his post in the other forum. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Barb Reinhardt wrote: > Jon, > ...

Change paths to linked external data
Hello. I have a database that has 3 external links in it: 1 is to a table in another Access Database. One is to an excel spread sheet. And, the third is to a .csv file. Is there a way in VBA to change the paths to these? Basically, i want to set up a form where the user can specify the new paths in text boxes if any of these files are moved. Anybody help me out? (Access 2007) cyb3rwolf wrote: >Hello. I have a database that has 3 external links in it: 1 is to a table >in another Access Database. One is to an excel spread sheet. And, the third >is to a .csv...

Change Names of Legend
Hello, I understand that you change the actual text that appears in the legend, not the font of it. I tried to follow the example given on this site and doesn't work. Here is the formula for one of the markers in the Chart. The formula refers to 2 markers on the chart. I would like one marker in the legend to be "plastic" and the other "hardware" =SERIES(,Sheet1!$C$2:$C$28,Sheet1!$B$2:$B$28,1) Thank you very much for your help. This is for a presentation due on Monday. -- Thank you... Elaine Normally I wouldn't reply, but since the real experts may be of...

XL 2007 : Noty able to move data values in XY Scatter chart
Hi All, In Excel 2003 I can move data values (scattered points) in XY Scatter chart however this functionality is not working in Excel 2007. Any help? Tushar - Search Google for "excel 2007 deprecate chart" and one of the results is http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/2006/08/28/724641.aspx which says "Direct Manipulation of Data Points on Charts In Previous versions of Excel, data points on a chart could be dragged, resulting in their source values being changed on the worksheet. This seldom used feature has been deprecated for Excel 2007." - Mike http://www...

How do I change a budgeted amount without changing previous budgets?
A newbie question I'm sure. My rent changed this month. When I change the budgeted amount, it changes (trashes) my budget for all previous months. How do change a budgeted amount for ONLY a specific time period? Thanks. Steve in Seattle ...

Breaking Formulas using Pivot Table
I have Tab1 that has data in it in the form of a pivot table. I then have another sheet, Tab2, that pulls data from Tab1. This all works, but when I try to copy Tab2 into a new workbook (so that I can e-mail only that tab) a bunch of my formulas in Tab2 fail. If I refresh the pivot tables they work again or if I do a Replace "=" with "=" it seems to trick it into working (but some percent formatting changes to dollar formatting for some reason). I just want to know if there is an easy way to make the new workbook without breaking the formulas in my old one. Thanks in adv...

Change left bar and top bar names on Order screen
Ok, I guess this could be the left bar and top bar names for any screen, but I'm specifically asking about the Order screen. I have a client that wants to change "Create Invoice" at the top to "Close". They also want to change "Write-In Products" to "Write-In Rooms". Where do I change these? I don't see them as options in the customization screens, even in the N:1 and 1:N areas. On Sep 23, 2:18=A0pm, Wayne Walton <waynek...@gmail.com> wrote: > Ok, I guess this could be the left bar and top bar names for any > screen, but I'm ...

Charts: want to assign fixed color for each slice
Hi folks, I am using excel 2000. Am creating two pie charts. Chart 1 contains six people, Chart 2 contains 3 people. Let's say the Excel default color sequence is: Red, Blue, Yellow, Purple, Green, Pink Chart 1 will be: Alex Red Billy Blue Charles Yellow David Purple Edward Green Frank Pink Chart 2 will be: Billy Red Charles Blue Frank Yellow However, this is not what i want. How can I assign 1 color to each person... so that Billy is always = blue, while Charles is always = yellow. and Frank is always = pink. Thanks a lot. cheers Jon Peltier has instructions at the end of his p...

Track changes 05-04-10
In Word 2007 how can I turn track changes off so that it's off once and for all? I turned it off, saved and closed the document just to find track changes on when I reopen the document. On the Review tab, click Accept | Accept All Changes in Document. Then click Track Changes | Track Changes (or press Ctrl+Shift+E) to turn off the feature. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Edges" <Edges@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:233EA650-42E4-4CF7-BD05-8B3F5DB97343@microsoft.com... > In Word 2007 how can I turn t...

Cell fill color changes by itself
I have a user who has excel worksheets that they use fill colors. These are colors that they use all the time. Suddenly when she opens the sheets, the colors change by themselves even though no one has changed them. When another user opens the same document, they are the correct colors. It seems random as sometimes the document shows the correct fill colors. ...

see how a pivot table was made?
Hi all, In Excel 2002, can I see how a pivot table I got from someone else was created? I mean, see which fields were put where etc. TIA Jeroen If you have the file with the pivot table in it then that should be no prblem, but if you mean it has been created from a pivot table then pasted as a normal set of data (and they have been sneaky enough to remove the field titles) then it would be very difficult to get it spot on, but you can usually tell by how the data is structered. If this is going down the right lines, then I can give you an idea of how they created it, a copy of the file...

Changing default font for composed mail in Windows Live
When I compose a New Email Message, the Text Font is Segoe UI, size = 10, color = black. I have selected "Tools", "Options", "Compose" and changed the font settings for Mail to 12 pt. Comic Sans MS and then Apply and OK but when I click on Compose a New email the changes did not take. Thanks Tools | Options | Compose. Is anything at all showing in the stationery section? Some stationery will only send in specific fonts and sizes. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Rick" <Rick@discussions....