Change option group border to rectangle ?

I have an option group with 3 radio buttons. I now decide I want to convert
to independent checkboxes and have the border be a rectangle not an option
group. I right clicked but there is no 'convert to' option. when I select the
option group, and do delete, it deletes all my controls. I just need to
convert the option group border to a rectangle. How?

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:50:03 -0700, mscertified wrote:

> I have an option group with 3 radio buttons. I now decide I want to convert
> to independent checkboxes and have the border be a rectangle not an option
> group. I right clicked but there is no 'convert to' option. when I select the
> option group, and do delete, it deletes all my controls. I just need to
> convert the option group border to a rectangle. How?

You can stretch the option group in whatever direction you wish, just
like any other control. Select the group. Move the cursor around the
border of the frame to one of the tiny squares until the cursor
becomes a 2 way arrow. Left click and drag the border.

However, if you want the check boxes independent, then you need to
create new check boxes that are not part of the option group. Any
check box that is part of the Option Group is NOT independent of the
other check boxes.
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

Does borders exist ?
Hello. I wish to write a macro that tells me if a cell has a border and if this border is a left one or a bottom one or both. Thanks for an help. Pierre Option Explicit Sub testme() With ActiveSheet.Range("a1") If .Borders(xlEdgeLeft).LineStyle = xlNone Then MsgBox "No left border" End If If .Borders(xlEdgeBottom).LineStyle = xlNone Then MsgBox "No bottom border" End If End With End Sub PdeC wrote: > > Hello. > I wish to write a macro that tells me if a cell has a border and if this >...

Editing options disapear when document is changed to compatibility
I have an excel (2007) document with makro content that has been edited by other people. One of them changed the document to a shared document (compatibility mode) to be able to track changes. Now the document seems to be partially locked. I am hadly allowed to change any kind of formating or insert anything. How do I change back the document or get rid of whatever is blocking me from using many functions? tools/protection/unprotect sheet "Me" wrote: > I have an excel (2007) document with makro content that has been edited by > other people. One of them chan...

finding the results of changing 4 variables
Hi, I'm working on a 10 year financial forecasting model for an investment fund. The end result is to calculate the IRR. There are 4 variable inputs I would like to change, and observe how the IRR changes as those inputs change. In other words, I would like to play with changing two different fees, the fund size, and the expected return, and see how changing those impacts the IRR. Is there a way to do this on one sheet without manually changing all these inputs? I think Scenario or Data Tables might do it, but I'm not sure. Thank you. You might try this template...

Border Thickness
With 2003, how can I reduce the point size of cell borders? In a form I created, the bottom border is the underline for the cell, and it is too thick in comparison with the underline function. I don't think you can. The only things I can suggest are to change the border to a dotted line or to change the colour of it to perhaps a pale grey. In either case, the border is less obvious. -- Ian -- "mcp6453" <mcp6453@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:OZBcF9iGHHA.3468@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > With 2003, how can I reduce the point size of cell borders? In a form I &...

Paste links, changed filename
I have created 3 exel 97 Files. Each File has approx 30 sheets. One of them is a source file. The other 2 use file1 data using paste link(paste special). At some stage I have changed the names of the files and now when I open them it asks the usual question " do you want to update linked information", Iclick "yes" ~ then the computer wants me to select the source file. Before, it just started straight into the file I wanted ~ how can i resolve this( with as little effort as possible)? Try hitting no, then do Edit / Links / Change Source, save the workbook and hopef...

"Change Credit Details" button does not appear
I would like to update my interest rates and credit limits monthly, but the "Change Credit Details" button does not appear when I go under the accounts' settings. In microsoft.public.money, mar11974 wrote: >I would like to update my interest rates and credit limits monthly, but the >"Change Credit Details" button does not appear when I go under the accounts' >settings. See if http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281109/en-us helps. I've no idea if it helped the original poster, but it seems I have the same issue, and it didn't help me. I'm ...

Track changes in Opportunities in History??
We are getting ready to implement CRM(for the second time), and we want to make sure that we can track changes in an opportunity in the history. I figure that SQL tracks these changes, and we want a tab that will show us who made changes and when. Sounds like you need an audit log created for opportunity. You can use a postcallout to achieve it if you like to write code, otherwise there's 3rd party tool for audit log like c360. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek http://www.crowecrm.com On Jul 27, 11:06 am, rhalljr <spam2005acco...@yahoo.com> wrote: > We are getting ready to implement C...

Changing Resource and fields on a subform
I have a subform with fields on it that are present when i first open the form. But when I click on a status button, I'd like the subform to change the fields that are present. For instance when i first open the fields are formid, lastname, firstname, subject, date, range But when i click on formstatus button, i'd like the fields to show: formid, subject, range, product I know how to use recordsource to change the recordsource, but then the fields that I am not using show up as #name? How do I get the subform to change field names so that the fields I am not using, doesn't show ...

Change height of row
Excel seems to limit the height of the row to some presets. Is there a way to set height of row to any height? Am trying to make spreadsheet line up with a pre-printed form. Hi i think the limit is 1 pixel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Pam MacT" <Pam MacT@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:CCAE9073-80C5-47B1-B103-7834241AF34B@microsoft.com... > Excel seems to limit the height of the row to some presets. Is there a > way > to set height of row to any height? Am trying to make spreadsheet line up > with a pre-printed form. ...

Sorting and Grouping Window has stopped popping up
Access sort and group option has stopped working for some reason. Re-installed Access, no help. Any ideas? I have to build a new report, using the report wizard, to access the grouping and sorting options. It's quite a handicap. sdcasch, When you say has stopped popping up, there is a button on the Menu Bar that will hide/unhide that dialog... Has that stopped working? -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "sdcasch" <sdcasch@disc...

How do you change the default folder
How do you change the default folder of where Outlook saves attachments from the temp folder to the users My documents? Melinda ...

Estimating Savings When The Interest Rate Changes Based Upon Savings Amount
I want to design a spreadsheet where I can enter in my estimated savings per year, and it will output my estimated returns, at current interest rates, at the age of 65. The issue arises because the interest rate changes at various savings levels. The details are: $0 - $50000, r=.01 $50001 - $100000, r=.015 $100001 - $125000, r = .0228 $125001 - $150000, r for the first 100000 = .0412, r for the remainder = .01 $150001 - $200000, r for the first 100000 = .0412, r for the remainder = .015 $200001 - $225000, r for the first 100000 = .0412, r for the remainder = .0228 $225001 - $250000, r for t...

can i change the read receipt
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C6AD7D.3E5D58A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The read receipt by default set by outlook can be changed if yes pls. = let me know how ??? ITDuke ------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C6AD7D.3E5D58A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"te...

cannot open attachments when sent to a group
Hi, has anyone had the following problem, and any hints on how to fix? I have a user who sends a word document to 12 people (in 12 different locations/businesses) 10 of them can open the document - 2 cannot. If the document is sent to the 2 seperately (not as part of a group e-mail) they CAN open it. Does anyone have a solution? Many thanks Paul ...

Collapsing groups in BCM
My preferred view in BCM is by category but, as I have several categories, I would prefer the default view to be all collapsed. At the moment, when I open OL2003, all categories are expanded and I cannot get them to collpse other than by collapsing each individual group. When I open up again, they are all expanded - annoying! ...

Problem moving mailbox between administrative groups
Hi there, We have a big problem. We need to move mailboxes from one adm group to other, and at ramdom we receive a MAPI Error Error moving messages CN=testuser,CN=users,dc=machine,dc=company,dc=com The MAPI call failed MAPI or an unspecified service provicer ID no: 80004005-0000-00000000 The Exchange 2000 organization is in native mode (All E2K) Any thoughts. Thanks in advance -- Gabriel N Argentina ...

Changing name from Arabic to English
I, m registering all new recruitment employees so always I'm writing the employee name by Arabic and English. So there is any code to change automatically the person name for Arabic to English ...

Changing info from one worksheet to the next
Hi all. I have linked my 55 sheets to one which is great. What i need to know now if possible. Each sheet has the same question over 11 columns Each row is dated and a numeric number from 1 - 10 in each row Now on the master sheet where everything is linked, is there a way that If i changed the date on the master sheet it would reflect the answers from the row with that date? At present the answers showing is for 01/03/10, but i would like to look at the totals for 08/03/10 and show the answers from each sheet for that date. I could have a sheet for each week, but im hoping there i...

How do you turn off "Save a copy/Overwrite changes" dialog box
Hello Guys, I have created a (password to open) workbook using Excel 2003 SP1 on a shared network drive which when I try to save by using Ctrl S or clicking the Save icon gives me an irritating dialog box which asks: "The file 'filename.xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case what do you want to do?" -Save a copy -Overwrite changes Please can someone tell me how to deactivate this annoying dialog box as I have been unsuccesful so far in my efforts :confused: Many thanks in advance Nick -- Nicko -----------------------------...

Detecting changes on form
Hi I have a form which has several sub forms. I need to check when anything on a form is changed including on any of the sub forms. Would it be enough to check the AfetrUpdate of the main form or do I need to check AfterUpdate of each sub form too, or do something else? Many Thanks Regards Why would you use the AfterUpdate Event to detect change (in data)??? I think the more appropriate Event would be the Form_Dirty Event and you need to use the Dirty Event of the main Form (for changes on the main Form) and the Subform (for changes in the Subform). -- HTH Van T. Dinh MVP (Access...

how to change business address
I can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? LGLEIM In microsoft.public.money, LGleim wrote: > can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my >business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have >moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? Is there a Tools->Settings->BusinessInformation place? YES!!! You did it! Thank you so much! "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: ...

Change sheet number in formula
Is there a way to do the following. I have a sheet with a formula that reference to another sheet. I need to pull a number from the same cell in every sheet. I want to do a summary of some sheets using the formula... =+'Sheet1'!A1 =+'Sheet2'!A1 Instead of hard coding the sheet number in the above formula, is there a way to reference a sheet number from another cell.?? ie Cell A1 = Sheet1" Cell A2 = "Sheet2" Then have another cell that pulls from A1 =+'CellA1'!A1 Very difficult to explain.... hope that made some sense... Thanks ** Post...

change the size of Font for reading incoming mail
hi, buddies. I'd like to change the Font with incoming email in my outlook2003. my operation is in the following. click options on the Tools menu, and then click Mail Setup tab, click Fonts. So I change the Font in this items:"When composing and reading plain text" but I can't find the font to take any change when I read incoming email. What my question is how I can change the Font size in the incoming email. thanks is the incoming mail plain text and the change isn't working or is the incoming mail html? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://ww...

Best Practise
Hi Everyone, In the process of creating a new Exchange 2003 SP2 Cluster, and had some questions about breaking up the stores. I am a bit confused between Storage Groups, and Mailbox Stores. To break things down, here is the current setup on the existing Exchange Server (the non cluster one) 400+ Users Store is at 110GB Backup Time - Long When I start moving staff over to the new Exchange box, we want to implement quotas, and break up some of the accounts. Thought process was this: 1)Directors\Management\Tech - No Quotas 2)Supervisors and other Critical Staff - 700MB 3)Other staff - ...

Need help changing cell value when another value changes
I have this code: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = ("$D$5") Then If Range("$Q$9").Value <> "CA" Then Range("$N$32").Value = "Out of State" Else: Range("$N$32").Value = "In-State" End If End If End Sub I want the value in cell N32 to change based on what I have in cell Q when I enter data into cell D5 and press enter. It only works after I click on cell D5 (after changing d5 and pressin enter) What am i missing -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You ...