Change Event can't reference .text property

Hello,

I have a procedure to set the RecordSource of a form in the AfterUpdate
event of a ComboBox.  Using the Change event of the came Combobox I want the
AfterUpdate event to run when the user hits the delete key to clear the
ComboBox value.  Here is the method.  I moved the code to a button hoping I
could resolve this.

Private Sub TruckFilter_Change()

If TempVars("aUpdate") = False And [TruckFilter].Text = "" Then
  [TruckFilter] = Null
  Call RunFilterCode_Click
End If

TempVars("aUpdate") = False 'This variable is set to true in the AfterUpdate
event to indicated to the ChangeEvent that AfterUpdate event fired first.
'This happens when selection is made from ComboBox rather then typing in
text.

End Sub

When I reference the .text property of the combo I get this message when
selecting from the Combo list.

Error 2185
You can't reference the a propety or method for a control unless the control
has the focus.

I'm puzzled as to why the control doesn't have the focus.

Thanks for any help and God Bless,

Mark A. Sam

0
Mark

Mark, this error can occur if these conditions are met:
a) The combo is in the Form Header or Form footer section
b) The form is filtered such that no records match (or there are no records)
c) No new record can be added.

In this case, the Detail section of the form goes blank. The combo is still
visible, but Access gets really confused and can throw the error you
describe.

More info:
    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-06.html

"Mark A. Sam" <MarkASam@EmEssEn.Com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a procedure to set the RecordSource of a form in the AfterUpdate
> event of a ComboBox.  Using the Change event of the came Combobox I want
> the AfterUpdate event to run when the user hits the delete key to clear
> the ComboBox value.  Here is the method.  I moved the code to a button
> hoping I could resolve this.
>
> Private Sub TruckFilter_Change()
>
> If TempVars("aUpdate") = False And [TruckFilter].Text = "" Then
>  [TruckFilter] = Null
>  Call RunFilterCode_Click
> End If
>
> TempVars("aUpdate") = False 'This variable is set to true in the
> AfterUpdate event to indicated to the ChangeEvent that AfterUpdate event
> fired first.
> 'This happens when selection is made from ComboBox rather then typing in
> text.
>
> End Sub
>
> When I reference the .text property of the combo I get this message when
> selecting from the Combo list.
>
> Error 2185
> You can't reference the a propety or method for a control unless the
> control has the focus.
>
> I'm puzzled as to why the control doesn't have the focus.
>
> Thanks for any help and God Bless,
>
> Mark A. Sam

0
Allen
> Mark, this error can occur if these conditions are met:
> a) The combo is in the Form Header or Form footer section
> b) The form is filtered such that no records match (or there are no
> records)
> c) No new record can be added.
>
> In this case, the Detail section of the form goes blank. The combo is
> still visible, but Access gets really confused and can throw the error you
> describe.
>
> More info:
>    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-06.html

> "Mark A. Sam" <MarkASam@EmEssEn.Com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a procedure to set the RecordSource of a form in the AfterUpdate
>> event of a ComboBox.  Using the Change event of the came Combobox I want
>> the AfterUpdate event to run when the user hits the delete key to clear
>> the ComboBox value.  Here is the method.  I moved the code to a button
>> hoping I could resolve this.
>>
>> Private Sub TruckFilter_Change()
>>
>> If TempVars("aUpdate") = False And [TruckFilter].Text = "" Then
>>  [TruckFilter] = Null
>>  Call RunFilterCode_Click
>> End If
>>
>> TempVars("aUpdate") = False 'This variable is set to true in the
>> AfterUpdate event to indicated to the ChangeEvent that AfterUpdate event
>> fired first.
>> 'This happens when selection is made from ComboBox rather then typing in
>> text.
>>
>> End Sub
>>
>> When I reference the .text property of the combo I get this message when
>> selecting from the Combo list.
>>
>> Error 2185
>> You can't reference the a propety or method for a control unless the
>> control has the focus.
>>
>> I'm puzzled as to why the control doesn't have the focus.
>>
>> Thanks for any help and God Bless,
>>
>> Mark A. Sam

0
Mark
2/8/2008 3:28:04 PM
Thanks for your respone Allen.  The Combo is in the header section, but
moving it to the detail section didn't resolve the problem.  B) and C) don't
apply to my situation. I'm not filtering, I'm setting the RecordSource and I
can add new records.

I won't argue that Access is confused, though. ;)

God Bless,

Mark

> Mark, this error can occur if these conditions are met:
> a) The combo is in the Form Header or Form footer section
> b) The form is filtered such that no records match (or there are no
> records)
> c) No new record can be added.
>
> In this case, the Detail section of the form goes blank. The combo is
> still visible, but Access gets really confused and can throw the error you
> describe.
>
> More info:
>    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-06.html

> "Mark A. Sam" <MarkASam@EmEssEn.Com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a procedure to set the RecordSource of a form in the AfterUpdate
>> event of a ComboBox.  Using the Change event of the came Combobox I want
>> the AfterUpdate event to run when the user hits the delete key to clear
>> the ComboBox value.  Here is the method.  I moved the code to a button
>> hoping I could resolve this.
>>
>> Private Sub TruckFilter_Change()
>>
>> If TempVars("aUpdate") = False And [TruckFilter].Text = "" Then
>>  [TruckFilter] = Null
>>  Call RunFilterCode_Click
>> End If
>>
>> TempVars("aUpdate") = False 'This variable is set to true in the
>> AfterUpdate event to indicated to the ChangeEvent that AfterUpdate event
>> fired first.
>> 'This happens when selection is made from ComboBox rather then typing in
>> text.
>>
>> End Sub
>>
>> When I reference the .text property of the combo I get this message when
>> selecting from the Combo list.
>>
>> Error 2185
>> You can't reference the a propety or method for a control unless the
>> control has the focus.
>>
>> I'm puzzled as to why the control doesn't have the focus.
>>
>> Thanks for any help and God Bless,
>>
>> Mark A. Sam

0
Mark
2/8/2008 3:30:42 PM
Thanks Allen.  I wrote out another response but the server trashed it.  I
think becuase I agreed that Access gets confused. ;)

Ephesians 6:12

God Bless,

Mark

> Mark, this error can occur if these conditions are met:
> a) The combo is in the Form Header or Form footer section
> b) The form is filtered such that no records match (or there are no
> records)
> c) No new record can be added.
>
> In this case, the Detail section of the form goes blank. The combo is
> still visible, but Access gets really confused and can throw the error you
> describe.
>
> More info:
>    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-06.html

> "Mark A. Sam" <MarkASam@EmEssEn.Com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a procedure to set the RecordSource of a form in the AfterUpdate
>> event of a ComboBox.  Using the Change event of the came Combobox I want
>> the AfterUpdate event to run when the user hits the delete key to clear
>> the ComboBox value.  Here is the method.  I moved the code to a button
>> hoping I could resolve this.
>>
>> Private Sub TruckFilter_Change()
>>
>> If TempVars("aUpdate") = False And [TruckFilter].Text = "" Then
>>  [TruckFilter] = Null
>>  Call RunFilterCode_Click
>> End If
>>
>> TempVars("aUpdate") = False 'This variable is set to true in the
>> AfterUpdate event to indicated to the ChangeEvent that AfterUpdate event
>> fired first.
>> 'This happens when selection is made from ComboBox rather then typing in
>> text.
>>
>> End Sub
>>
>> When I reference the .text property of the combo I get this message when
>> selecting from the Combo list.
>>
>> Error 2185
>> You can't reference the a propety or method for a control unless the
>> control has the focus.
>>
>> I'm puzzled as to why the control doesn't have the focus.
>>
>> Thanks for any help and God Bless,
>>
>> Mark A. Sam

0
Mark
2/8/2008 3:44:01 PM
If the form has records, the conditions I posted do not apply.

Ask Access what's going on. When the error occurs, drop to your error
handler, where you ask it:
    Debug.Print Me.ActiveControl.Name

> Thanks for your respone Allen.  The Combo is in the header section, but
> moving it to the detail section didn't resolve the problem.  B) and C)
> don't apply to my situation. I'm not filtering, I'm setting the
> RecordSource and I can add new records.
>
> I won't argue that Access is confused, though. ;)
>
> God Bless,
>
> Mark
>
> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
>> Mark, this error can occur if these conditions are met:
>> a) The combo is in the Form Header or Form footer section
>> b) The form is filtered such that no records match (or there are no
>> records)
>> c) No new record can be added.
>>
>> In this case, the Detail section of the form goes blank. The combo is
>> still visible, but Access gets really confused and can throw the error
>> you describe.
>>
>> More info:
>>    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-06.html
>>
>> --
>> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
>> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>>
>> "Mark A. Sam" <MarkASam@EmEssEn.Com> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have a procedure to set the RecordSource of a form in the AfterUpdate
>>> event of a ComboBox.  Using the Change event of the came Combobox I want
>>> the AfterUpdate event to run when the user hits the delete key to clear
>>> the ComboBox value.  Here is the method.  I moved the code to a button
>>> hoping I could resolve this.
>>>
>>> Private Sub TruckFilter_Change()
>>>
>>> If TempVars("aUpdate") = False And [TruckFilter].Text = "" Then
>>>  [TruckFilter] = Null
>>>  Call RunFilterCode_Click
>>> End If
>>>
>>> TempVars("aUpdate") = False 'This variable is set to true in the
>>> AfterUpdate event to indicated to the ChangeEvent that AfterUpdate event
>>> fired first.
>>> 'This happens when selection is made from ComboBox rather then typing in
>>> text.
>>>
>>> End Sub
>>>
>>> When I reference the .text property of the combo I get this message when
>>> selecting from the Combo list.
>>>
>>> Error 2185
>>> You can't reference the a propety or method for a control unless the
>>> control has the focus.
>>>
>>> I'm puzzled as to why the control doesn't have the focus.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help and God Bless,
>>>
>>> Mark A. Sam

0
Allen
> If the form has records, the conditions I posted do not apply.

The form has records. In fact, the combo sets the recordsource for the form
based on the selection

> Ask Access what's going on. When the error occurs, drop to your error
> handler, where you ask it:
>    Debug.Print Me.ActiveControl.Name

thats delivers the name of a control named [Dummy] which is a transparent
button used to receive the focus from two events, the AfterUpdate of another
combobox and the form's load event.  It isn't addressed in any way from the
combobox in which the problem exists.  In other words, Access is confused.
;)

> "Mark A. Sam" <MarkASam@EmEssEn.Com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for your respone Allen.  The Combo is in the header section, but
>> moving it to the detail section didn't resolve the problem.  B) and C)
>> don't apply to my situation. I'm not filtering, I'm setting the
>> RecordSource and I can add new records.
>>
>> I won't argue that Access is confused, though. ;)
>>
>> God Bless,
>>
>> Mark
>>
>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
>>> Mark, this error can occur if these conditions are met:
>>> a) The combo is in the Form Header or Form footer section
>>> b) The form is filtered such that no records match (or there are no
>>> records)
>>> c) No new record can be added.
>>>
>>> In this case, the Detail section of the form goes blank. The combo is
>>> still visible, but Access gets really confused and can throw the error
>>> you describe.
>>>
>>> More info:
>>>    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-06.html
>>>
>>> --
>>> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
>>> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>>> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>>>
>>> "Mark A. Sam" <MarkASam@EmEssEn.Com> wrote in message

0
Mark
2/11/2008 4:22:14 AM
Well, if the command button is the active control, you cannot use the Text
property.

Unlike pure VB, in Access the Text property only applies while the control
has focus. So it might not be Access that is confused this time. :-)

> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
>> If the form has records, the conditions I posted do not apply.
>
> The form has records. In fact, the combo sets the recordsource for the
> form based on the selection
>

>> Ask Access what's going on. When the error occurs, drop to your error
>> handler, where you ask it:
>>    Debug.Print Me.ActiveControl.Name
>
> thats delivers the name of a control named [Dummy] which is a transparent
> button used to receive the focus from two events, the AfterUpdate of
> another combobox and the form's load event.  It isn't addressed in any way
> from the combobox in which the problem exists.  In other words, Access is
> confused. ;)

0
Allen
2/11/2008 2:01:12 PM

> Unlike pure VB, in Access the Text property only applies while the
> control has focus. So it might not be Access that is confused this
> time. :-)

The VB .Text property is really more like the Access .Value
property, no?

David
2/11/2008 4:16:50 PM
Allen,

The command button shouldn't be the active control.  I am selecting from a
combobox and not transfering the focus.  It is only when the .text property
is address that the problem occurs.  It has to be a bug.  I got it worked
out but how I did it is a mystery.  I tried some bizarre thing and it
worked, so I'll leave it at that and hope Microsoft doesn't fix the bug.
I'll never remember why I did what I did...lol

> Well, if the command button is the active control, you cannot use the Text
> property.
>
> Unlike pure VB, in Access the Text property only applies while the control
> has focus. So it might not be Access that is confused this time. :-)

> "Mark A. Sam" <MarkASam@EmEssEn.Com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
>>> If the form has records, the conditions I posted do not apply.
>>
>> The form has records. In fact, the combo sets the recordsource for the
>> form based on the selection
>>

>>> Ask Access what's going on. When the error occurs, drop to your error
>>> handler, where you ask it:
>>>    Debug.Print Me.ActiveControl.Name
>>
>> thats delivers the name of a control named [Dummy] which is a transparent
>> button used to receive the focus from two events, the AfterUpdate of
>> another combobox and the form's load event.  It isn't addressed in any
>> way from the combobox in which the problem exists.  In other words,
>> Access is confused. ;)

0
Mark
2/11/2008 8:18:06 PM
Okay, Mark. I don't think I'm following you on this one.

Previously you said:
    >>   Debug.Print Me.ActiveControl.Name
    > thats delivers the name of a control named [Dummy] which
    > is a transparent button
But now you are saying it is not a button that has the focus.

Don't think I can help further on this.

> The command button shouldn't be the active control.  I am selecting from a
> combobox and not transfering the focus.  It is only when the .text
> property is address that the problem occurs.  It has to be a bug.  I got
> it worked out but how I did it is a mystery.  I tried some bizarre thing
> and it worked, so I'll leave it at that and hope Microsoft doesn't fix the
> bug. I'll never remember why I did what I did...lol

0
Allen
2/12/2008 8:51:12 AM
Exactly.  [Dummy] is a button that receives the focus from another Combobox
called [FindLoad], but has nothing at all to do with the ComboxBox which I
am referring to named, [FilterTruck].  I probably shouldn't have gotten into
so much detail about it.  I can see where it could cause confusion.

Combobox [FilterTruck] doesn't send the focus to any other control.  When I
reference the .text property of [FilterTruck] in it's Change event, I get
the error and Me.ActiveControl.Name returns the name Dummy, which is a
button on the form.  If I change button name to txtDummy, then
Me.ActiveControl.Name will return the new name.  If I remove th button from
the form, it will return another control name.  This is definately a bug.
But I found a solution so not an issue anymore, unless, possibly,  Microsoft
fixes the bug.

> Okay, Mark. I don't think I'm following you on this one.
>
> Previously you said:
>    >>   Debug.Print Me.ActiveControl.Name
>    > thats delivers the name of a control named [Dummy] which
>    > is a transparent button
> But now you are saying it is not a button that has the focus.
>
> Don't think I can help further on this.

> "Mark A. Sam" <MarkASam@EmEssEn.Com> wrote in message
>>
>> The command button shouldn't be the active control.  I am selecting from
>> a combobox and not transfering the focus.  It is only when the .text
>> property is address that the problem occurs.  It has to be a bug.  I got
>> it worked out but how I did it is a mystery.  I tried some bizarre thing
>> and it worked, so I'll leave it at that and hope Microsoft doesn't fix
>> the bug. I'll never remember why I did what I did...lol

0
Mark

Can I have a CRichEdit not select all text upon WM_SETFOCUS ?
Hy I have an CRichEdit derived class that implements a commands console. I would like the CRichEdit to stop selecting all text when I press Tab (because there is no other control in the dialog but a menu and the CRichEdit) and when some other pop-up window is opend by the parent dialog. Thank you "Timothy Madden" Romania "Timothy Madden" <batman@rmv.spam.home.ro> wrote in message news:3118d8F36ak0sU1@uni-berlin.de... > Hy > > I have an CRichEdit derived class that implements a commands console. > I would like the CRichEdit to stop selecting all text w...

problem with ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add for text file
I am using ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add in Excel 2003 to import space-delimited text into a worksheet. The import works, but when I re-execute the macro with ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add to import new data into the same sheet, all references to that sheet get shifted (i.e., what was a reference to cell B1 of the sheet with the imported data becomes a reference to cell C1. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks ...

Exch 5.5 Event Id: 3079, 3087, 3089
Receiving Replication Errors above when replicating my Exchange 5.5 sp4 on NT 4.0 sp6A with another Exch server (site) in org running Exch 2000 which is using AD connector. Errors point to replication message not being processed with replication thread error 0X80040107. All three events occur multiple times during each day. Need help with this old technology. Thanks. This information is taken from the following whitepaper: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e68321bd-9304-4a4f-8726-8245b556adbc&displaylang=en This has implications for folder replication via...

calculate null text field
Dear Helpers, I would like to creat a calculated field in a query that merch 3 text fields together, like, Index: [field A]&[field B]&[field C]. I don't want to replace the null field with anything so that if [field A] and [field B] are null and only [field C] contains data, the calculated [Index] field will look exactly like [field C]. Is it possible? I hope it is possible coz the Index field is a major field in my database. Thanks a lot to my helpers!! What happens if you type: [field A] & [field B] & [field C] into the Field row in query design, and choose A...

Change Contract Status
Hello, My CRM implementation does not change automatically the Contract Status from Active to Expired or from Invoiced to Active when the Contract End Date or, respectively, the Contract Start Date comes. This was happening also in the 1.2 version and now the same happens in 3.0 version. Any ideas? Thank you, Elena ...

How to change cell shading/fill based on value in another cell?
I have a sheet with two columns of experimental data. Let's say the data is in F10:F25 (column 1) & G10:G25 (column 2). There is a value in another cell (A1) that contains a 1 or a 2. If A1=1, I want to turn shading in column 1 agree and in column 2 off. If A1=2, I want to reverse that. If there a worksheet function that will do that? I was hoping for something like: =cellshading(range,color) I could then execute one of these two statements: If A1=1 then cellshading(F10:F25,"Green") cellshading(G10:G25,"None") Else cellshading(G10:G25,"Green&...

Event ID 8284
Iam getting the following warning message in my event logs on my exchange serverv Event ID: 8284 'The Recipient Update Service could not find the Address List Root which is located in the Exchange Service entry under the attribute addressBookRoots. This might have been caused by a permissions problem. ' Im gettinga bout 4 of these messages every minute. They started happening after i added in two servers as Recipient Update Services. The user action suggested in windows help is 'Check the server permissions using ADSIEdit or LDAP support tools that are available on the Win...

Event Schedules
Hi I have been using the manual mode to try to work this out but I am stuck. How do I get a macro to work which will display on a userform upcoming events. I would like this to show 2 weeks in advance. Like a diary I have 3 columns which are A: column B: Column C: Column DATE TIME THE EVENT WHAT IS HAPPENING The userform is events1 I would like this to only show the date 2 months in advance Any help would be appriciated or a place to look for and idea. Thanks in advance Greg Greg, I have posted an example of what I t...

Outlook 2003 Font Changes When Replying Plain Text
Outlook 2003 is exhibiting a strange behavior when replying to plain text messages. After clicking the "Reply" button, the message appears in the Arial font. In about two to three minutes, the font suddenly changes to Courier which is the correct font. Why is it taking so long for the font to change? Steve Lockridge steve@websitewarehouse.com ...

how can you change a "bitmap" to a jpeg??
After taking digital pictures in BITMAP, how can I change them to JPEGS? "TRM" <TRM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5C091D7-377B-4F2F-A7BF-84794BC84F38@microsoft.com... > After taking digital pictures in BITMAP, how can I change them to > JPEGS? Get XnView or IrfanView. Both are free. Then use Save As and select the format. -- _________________________________________________________________ ******** Post replies to newsgroup - Share with others ******** Email: lh_811newsATyahooDOTcom and append "=NEWS=" to Subject. _________________...

sbs 2008 under Updates, "change the software update settings" crashes console
Running SBS 2008 SP2, fresh install with just a couple users, I noticed that under Security, Updates, in the Tasks window there is a "Change the software update settings". When I click this link, the "Software Update Settings" window appears for a split second then the SBS Console crashes saying "Windows SBS 2008 Console has stopped working" with these details: Description: Stopped working Problem signature: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3 Problem Signature 01: console.exe Problem Signature 02: 6.0.5601.8497 Problem Signature 03: 4a612b8b...

sorting text in 2 columns by likeness
I have 2 columns of text with number values associated with them. Amy 21 Amanda 12 Bill 12 Amy 18 Chris 32 Bill 23 Kathy 8 Chris 12 Kim 15 Curtis 32 Todd 23 Katrhy 21 Todd 5 I need to be able to sort these like this Amanda 12 Amy 21 Amy 18 Bill 12 Bill 23 Chris 32 Chris ...

Font problem in property Sheet
I am working on a project, in whihc i am using the propertysheet. I am using bitmap(bilbilt) as backgrpound in each of dialog of property sheet. When i am running the application in English US OS it is working fine but in case of japanese OS the back groud image(bitmap)is not coming correctlty. I think this is font problem, Because default font is change from US OS to Japanese. Because of font change dialog width is increasing and height is decreasing. How we can stop to increase in Width and Decrease in height. Essentially, while you can, it is a Really Bad Idea. Using bitmaps as backgr...

properties
I am trying to save my notebooks to a flash drive, but can't because they are "read-only". How do I change this? I've lost my notebooks once because of computer re-imaging and don't want to lost them again! msteacherlady wrote: >I am trying to save my notebooks to a flash drive, but can't because > they are "read-only". This is really strange. > How do I change this? Try to change the files' attributes in the Windows Explorer. Rainald -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I am trying to save my notebooks to a f...

Changing Quickbooks to Excel
Hey, I'm trying to get my QuickBooks Check Registry into a linear format, then put it on a disk, go to another computer and open it in Excel. Can anyone give me a link or a quick walkthrough on what I need to do, any help would be appreciated. Thanks! -- mattsides ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mattsides's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25015 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385419 "mattsides" <mattsides.1rtnv9_1120777541.6085@excelforum-nospam.com>...

Retrieving JUST text from a node with child nodes

Event ID 12800 #2
Hello all, I've a issue that's is taking my sleep. Since the last full backup I'm getting the event ids in my exchange server: *********************** Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: Content Engine Event ID: 12800 Date: 4/9/2006 Time: 14:10:31 User: N/A Computer: SERVER0 Description: Message processing failed because there is not enough available memory (8007000E-80000000). For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. ************************ followed by this below: ************************ Event T...

EXCEL ERROR: This workbook contains INVALID references. ?
excel 2007, win 7 In an extensive wrkbk; how to begin to TRACE? ...

Property Management Solution (Real Estate)
Hi, Can anyone help me in locating a Property Management Solution (Real Estate) integrated with GP? Thanks&Regards, Raj Try here: http://www.acsoftware.com/ I haven't had any contact with them lately, but in a former job, we had a number of customers that all used their property management product integrated into Great Plains. -- Lyle U GeeeP wrote: > Hi, > > Can anyone help me in locating a Property Management Solution (Real > Estate) integrated with GP? > > Thanks&Regards, > Raj Thanks a lot Lyle. I was trying to get in touch with ACS, but they...

Text size too small
How can I increase text size _here_? I have *View* > *Text Size* set to *Largest" but I need it (to compose) at least two or three times this size. I wish to send in normal size, of course. I have the same problem when I read... (Before a recent reinstall I could use Ctrl and the mouse wheel to enlarge, but this doesn't work now :-((( ) "RT" <zulu.romeotangohotel@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:uYy09XpJLHA.4120@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How can I increase text size _here_? > I have *View* > *Text Size* set to *Largest" but...

Displaced text MS Publisher2002
When overlapping one text box with another -in 2003- the text in one of them is displaced. Moving one or the other to the back appears to have no effect. Ctrl T, which works when placing text over a picture, doesn't however work with text over text. I'm almost certain that this operation could be carried out in earlier versions of MS Publisher Where am I going wrong? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Serendipity <pill@blueyonder.co.uk>... > When overlapping one text box with another -in 2003- > the text in one of them is disp...

How do I copy and paste an Illustratorsketch with text into Excel
Any input from you would be great ...

change one attribute for all items
Hi, Does anyone know of a quick way to change one attribute for all items in the database, for example, changing barcode font, or adding sales tax to all items?.... 1) Backup your database 2) Pick an Item and write down it's lookupcode ( I'll use '12345' in the following samples) 3) go to Item Properties for your selected Item ('12345') 4) Set the Barcode Format and Item Tax that you want to apply 5) Close Manager 6) Open SO Administrator, use File/Connect to connect to your database 7) Open a new query window and enter the following: UPDATE Item set BarcodeF...

Change Owner Of A Phone Call Activity With On Save Event
Hi all, I would like to change the owner of a new phone call activity once the save button has been pressed. Ideally, I would like this to be one of the support Q's I have created as e-mails willl be sent from the owner back to the caller and we do not want them coming from our receptionist. I have written the folliwng code and put it in the OnSave section for the phone call entity but it is incomplete as I am not sure what to assign to the ownerid to change it to a Q? The owner type is owner as per the documentation? Is this a strin, int etc.? Can someone please assist? Cheers, Mark /*...

Help reqd. with the Macro "SetValue" property.
I have to append a table with some records derived from a query. I can convert a field to a Combo and then normally use this with the expression "[Reference].[Column].(2)" in the ControlSource to fill in the reqd fields. But this will conflict with all the old values in this field. Therefore I have to use a Macro via its "SetValue" property, triggered by the Combo's "AfterUpdate" property. This works very well for one field, but how can I use this one Macro to fill in more than one field? (there are three.) There are two fields at the bottom of this Macr...