center text when conditional format applied - Access 2007

Textbox control on Access 2007 form lost its centered alignment when
conditional formatting is applied. This did not happen in previous versions
of Access.
I tried using format painter to apply conditional formats from a control
created in an earlier version, but this failed. The control created in the
earlier version then lost it's centering after saving in Access 2007.
--
Roy Handy

Interesting.  I tried to replicate this behaviour but failed, it all worked
as it should.

Try revisiting your form after applying the conditional formatting and
resetting the text box to center text.

Rod
Turned out that the textbox was leaving room on the right for tiny up-down
scroll-arrows, but these were not displayed unless I was actually editing the
data in a specific box in a specific row,  Since the text data itself is a
single letter, the control was quite small, and thus the letter APPEARED to
be left-aligned, although it was centered in the space left after Access left
room on the right.
--
Roy Handy

"Roy Handy" wrote:

> Textbox control on Access 2007 form lost its centered alignment when
> conditional formatting is applied. This did not happen in previous versions
> of Access.
> I tried using format painter to apply conditional formats from a control
> created in an earlier version, but this failed. The control created in the
> earlier version then lost it's centering after saving in Access 2007.
> --
> Roy Handy

intranet & wan (Web) access to MSCRM: Any security issues to consider?
Hello all, are there any properties of mscrm -when deployed for access through a company intranet or WAN- that you would consider a big security issue? The aim is web access in a multi site company environment in first place, dial-in SFO access would come second. Any big problem causing or unresolvable server/browser/firewall/scripting/activex/vpn etc.. drawbacks? Answers could be "mscrm is definitively NOT usable IF [..]" or "does only work IF [..]" ;-) Sorry for beeing unspecific at this point and thanks anyway for your appreciated comments! Achim No major...

formula of sum and text
In column "A" (A1:A20) titled "Employees", there's recorded employee names as work is done through a weeks time. There are ten different names that are possible. In column "B" there are empty cells (B1:B20) titled "Miles". When an employee logs miles on a day it is registered in column "B" adjacent to their name. There are only two employees per sheet that will have recorded miles, although it is not always the same two. In cell "C1" & "C2" there are empty cells titled "Employee Miles". We m...

Convert a formula into text
I downloaded a text file from a client data software. Now when I opened the txt file in excel it converted one column into formulas when it should have been txt. For example in the txt file reads "-AD", now in excel reads "=- AD". It's giving me a display "#NAME?". What I really need is just to get rid of the "=" sign. I tried diferent ways. I used txt functions like text, trim, left, right, etc. I also tried copy and paste as value. Is there any other way to do this process smoother and faster? what do you suggest I need to do? This file as ...

Renaming a Word document from text in controls
Access 2003/XP Pro I'm opening a Word document, typing some text, and trying to rename it using text from a combo and a text box on my form. The first two steps work OK, but when I try to rename the document, it comes up with a message box "Object required ". Dim oWord As Object Dim oDoc As Object 'Create the Word application object. Set oWord = CreateObject("Word.Application") 'Open the sample document. Set oDoc = oWord.Documents.Add("C:\t2hDoc\DocBlank.doc") '...

Inserting comment depending on the Conditional formatting
Hi Is it possible to insert comment depending on the conditiona formatting.I mean if the color of the cell is blue the comment shown i " A " & if the color of the cell is green the comment shown is " B " similarly if the color of the cell is black the comment shown is " C . ( The color names which i had writted here r examples i dont know th real names of the colors which i have given in my spreadsheet) -- Little Maste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Little Master's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?acti...

Formatting Problem
I've created a blank booklet of x no. of pages with page size of h7.25" x w4.75" with 0.5" margins all around. I've been provided with material on floppies to incorporate into the booklet. The material is in the wrong font type and size and needs considerable change in other formatting. This I've done by opening the document into a WORD document of the same dimensions as stated above and tailoring the content to this WORD document. There are some centering, indents, right or left alignment. When I then try to insert this into the booklet in Publisher, s...

delimited file format issue
i get reports from (idx) a program that are delimited files. the columns are all fine but 1 and i can't figure it out. its supposed to be money and comes across as 11500. in the original program (idx) it would look like 115.00 and that is how i want it to look in excel. i tried the easy stuff like formatting and i keep getting 11500.00 or 1150.0 in my simple mind i thought it would be easy to move that decimal but its not turning out that way. i have thousands of line items so doing it one by one is not the optimum solution. any help is appreciated. excel 2003 os XP You really wa...

Can you filter or sort by a cell's formatting? #2
Can you filter or sort by the formatting of a cell - these were formatted manually and do not have conditional formatting applied to them - thanks You can even use a UserDefined Function that can return the colorindex. Chip Pearson has a nice function at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm MalibuinthePeg wrote: > > Can you filter or sort by the formatting of a cell - these were formatted > manually and do...

Increase notes font, text doesn't autofit into placeholder
In the Notes Master page, I resized text to 24-point so that I can actually see the notes when standing up. The notes (outside of Notes Master) resizes alright, but the autofit-text option is disabled. I don't relish the idea of going through each slide page to turn it back on. Neither do I enjoy the prospect of having to do this repeatedly whenever I change font sizes. Is there a switch or text box property I can set in the Notes Master page to turn on the switch by default for all the slide pages? I can manually override (if ever needed) on a page-by-page basis. I am usi...

Micorsoft Exchnage server 2007 SDK
Hi. I had installed Exchange server 2007 on my machine.I had also installed Exchange server 2007 SDK.I am trying to run samples given in sdk but most of the samples are not working. Like In some programs they used CDOEX,EXOLEDB but microsoft doucmentation for exchange server 2007 says that Exchange sever 2007 does not support CDOEX,EXOLEDB etc. Is anything wrong with Exchage server 2007 documentation? Please reply.. its beta "Microsoft Exchange 2007 command shell" <MicrosoftExchange2007commandshell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C14A2F6-B78A-43D0-9...

Open Excel workbook maximized from Access
I found the code Application.FollowHyperlink in the newsgroups, which works well to open the workbook from a button on an Access form. But I want the worksheet to open maximized, rather than "floating" in the Excel window. What can I add to my code to do this? It reads: Application.FollowHyperlink "path/nameof workbook.xls" Or do I need to do this another way? Can I do something in the workbook? (Not too familiar with Excel.) Thanks for your help. -- susan ...

New mail does not show up in Outlook 2007
I am running the released version of Outlook 2007 and when I am not connected to Exchange and pop email, the email does not show up in any folder. I can find the email if I search in All Mail Items, and in the search view it says the mail is in MyFolders/Inbox, but it does not show up. In addition, if I move the email from the search results view to a different folder under MyFolders, it doesn't show up in that folder either even though the search view indicates that the email is now in that folder. As soon as I connect to Exchange, it shows up. It seems like Outlook is trying to do som...

Do a calculation in cells with text data format
I have a few columns of cells having a mixed data format of number and text. Is it possible to convert the first row of numbers in text data format for further calculation? Your guidance to accomplish it is appreciated. Thanks, Ray Example? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ray" <NoSpam-ZQLi@GMail.com> wrote in message news:ei$Jbmy$FHA.216@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a few columns of cells having a mixed data format of number and text. > Is it possible to convert the first row of numbers in text data format for > further calculation? Your guidance to accomplis...

Access 2007 pivot
I have a complex query that is based on ERP data exports. I am supporting a multi-dimensional matrix organization. A pivot table would be a perfect tool for analysing sales, margins, and changes for different business units. I have been using Excel pivots a lot and also in this case started with excel. However, the amount of data and usability of reports limits the possibility to distributing information in excel. With Excel I was able to all the tricks especially using the calculated item functionality, which is missing from the access pivot component. What I would like to ha...

Text to Date
I have been given a database dump (thousands of rows) that put the dates in a text format like this: Aug/11/2009 Is there any way to put this into a date format? Even if it means creating a new field breaking it up and doing some extra steps. Thanks. Change to appropriate cell reference: =DATEVALUE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"/",", ")) -- Best Regards, Luke M "PAL" <PAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E5E64F4-8B6A-44D5-95C9-8FD45A326DB3@microsoft.com... >I have been given a database dump (thousands of rows) that put the da...

Spell checking in Access 03-04-10
Hello, I am using Access 2007 as part of Office 2007 on XPSP2. Though the help file tells me I can use the spell checker in Access, that option is grayed out on my Home/Records Tab. I want to check spelling in report design. How do I do so? -- Thanks, Bob Bob, Spell checking in Design View is done via eye balls. I know of no other way to accmplish that task. Note, that the spell check is for actual data that is stored in tables. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors I...

Access 2007 Application title
Ok this is really silly, how do I get the file name of the currently open db in the title bar above the ribbon? Going to access options current database, if I select overlapping windows the title disappears, seems to only work with tabbed documents(I'm not overly fond of tabbed documents)? I am often working on more than one db..this title helps me keep track of which db I'm in. Is there some other setting I'm missing or am going to have to bite the bullet and get to like tabbed documents. Thanks ...

Date formats, culture and globalization
Hi, ASP.NET 3.5 We are creating a 3-tier ASP.NET Web Application that needs just to understand dates as UK shortdate format (dd/MM/yyyy). It will only be used in the UK on intranet. I often come across web server and client machine that are incorrectly set up so I want to protect the app from these incorrectly set up hosts. I understand the safe date formats for passing through to the database. SQLParameters pass through a non-ambiguous format and also that 'yyyyMMdd' is also a safe format. So ignore the database side of things - I get that. At the moment all the bou...

in creating a pie chart in excel 2007
How many rows or columns of data can the pie chart plot I once tried 360 cells and got a wonderful Moiré pattern Why not just experiment with 1, 2, 3 dozen and see for yourself if the result is acceptable ? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "bsalohcin" <bsalohcin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9CF7752-1816-4DCE-BF82-9C25033AE888@microsoft.com... > How many rows or columns of data can the pie chart plot According to MS:- Data series in one chart 255 (max limit) Data points in a...

One Record Per Page Printing-Access 2007
Report for daily appointments for senior transportation drivers. Report is grouped by Driver. Keep together is selected. Detail band: Keep together-Yes; Force New Page-Before Section; Can Grow-Yes; Can Shrink-Yes Goal: Report generated so each driver has his/her own appointments. Orientation: Landscape, paper size 8.5 x 14, column width: 13.5729"; column height: 0.3069" When previewing in Print Preview one record per page is appearing rather than all appointments for a driver for a given date. I have the bands as narrow as I can make them. I am missing somethi...

How do I increase size of text when typing?
I am using Word 2003 and with Word 2000 I could enlarge the size of the print before typing to increase to 150% but cannot find how to do this in the 2003 version. The print on the screen is now about a 10 which is too small for comfort. View | Zoom. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sufimai" <Sufimai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1125090F-6AB0-404F-8B1C-E5EAF06917F8@microsoft.com... >I am using Word 2003 and with Word 2000 I could enlarge the size of the >p...

cannot get BCM to work on Office Enterprise 2007 and Windows 7
I have Windows 7 and Office enterprise 2007 and tried to install BCM 2007 and got it installed then opened Outlook and said it could not setup database. Is BCM 2007 compatible with Enterprise and Windows 7. Is there a work around? ...

Formatting detail section w/two lines
HELP, I'm trying to create the below in a report, but when I align the "title" field below the "name" field and the "background" field is more than one line, the "title" is no longer directly underneath the name. Is there anyway to accomplish this? Name Background Title Thanks for your expertise! Sincerely, Cynteeuh A couple of things to try. 1- Size Backgroundbigger than two lines and set Can Shrik to No. 2- Combine Name and Title into a single text box and set Can Grow to Yes. =[Name] & Chr(13) & C...

MFC Registry Access in Automation Servers (EXE)
I have written a MFC server application (MFC automation server). Some configuration settings are saved with WriteProfileInt /WriteProfileString to the registry. I used SetRegistryKey("Mycompany") for the registry path. The application works fine under different users. Now this application is started as embedded server via my ASP code from the IIS. The machine is a Windows 2003 Web Edition Server. For this case the DCOM and IIS settings uses a predefined user for the ASP code and the COM server. If I start the app per hand now under this user everything is going well. But if the app ...