center text when conditional format applied - Access 2007

Textbox control on Access 2007 form lost its centered alignment when
conditional formatting is applied. This did not happen in previous versions
of Access.
I tried using format painter to apply conditional formats from a control
created in an earlier version, but this failed. The control created in the
earlier version then lost it's centering after saving in Access 2007.
--
Roy Handy

Interesting.  I tried to replicate this behaviour but failed, it all worked
as it should.

Try revisiting your form after applying the conditional formatting and
resetting the text box to center text.

Rod
Turned out that the textbox was leaving room on the right for tiny up-down
scroll-arrows, but these were not displayed unless I was actually editing the
data in a specific box in a specific row,  Since the text data itself is a
single letter, the control was quite small, and thus the letter APPEARED to
be left-aligned, although it was centered in the space left after Access left
room on the right.
--
Roy Handy

"Roy Handy" wrote:

> Textbox control on Access 2007 form lost its centered alignment when
> conditional formatting is applied. This did not happen in previous versions
> of Access.
> I tried using format painter to apply conditional formats from a control
> created in an earlier version, but this failed. The control created in the
> earlier version then lost it's centering after saving in Access 2007.
> --
> Roy Handy

Access can not find a table in append query
Hi all, I have a table called MyCustomers. For some reason, when I try to create Append query, it doesnt show on the list of tables. I know the the table is there and I can select it if I want to create a different type of query but not append. What can cause that? TIA, Tom Does your table have a PRIMARY KEY defined? -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com __________________________________ If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. "Tom" wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a table call...

conditional formatting by groups
I have some groups and I want each group to have different color(not necessarily distinct). thanks. I'm sure it can be done but how will Excel know which cells are associated with which group? More detail please. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 10:12:29 +0900, kang <kang@hao.com> wrote: >I have some groups and I want each group to have different color(not >necessarily distinct). > >thanks. ...

converting "text" numbers to numbers
I have been using the technique of multiplying cells that have number entries that behave like text entries by the value of 1 to convert them to numbers. However, some mixed cell entries, convert strangely. For example the entry "6 A" (without the quotes) becomes 0.25 when multiplied by 1. Any explanation? Any ideas on how to solve other than checking cell by cell to confirm all characters are numbers? Confused! Frustated! <grin>. Bob Just figured out the "why". An entry like 6 A is converted to 6AM. Its numerical value is 0.25. Still hoping for a ...

access denied in CRM 1.2
Hey i have setup a new user and i am getting access denied. I hvae even put the user in all the groups just to see if it matters any ideas??? I am new at this crm... if i log into the server and type in my web address it works fine ...

Problems when opening in Publisher 2003 vs 2007
I have a file someone sent me that when opening it in Publisher 2003, it appears as a long narrow strip with 8% zoom. However, when I open the same file in Publisher 2007, it appears as it should. They only have Publisher 2003. Is there something that needs to be changed in 2003 so that the file appears correctly? -- shel What happens if you re-save the document? Publisher 2003 will open 2007 publications. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "shel" <shel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8444042F-56E8-4390-A00D-FBFB155903F5@microsof...

Outlook HTML & Text Messages
I have my Outlook 2002 set-up to send and reply/forward messages using the HTML format. However, recipients (including me as a .cc) receive the e-mail in the TEXT format. The messages always appear correct when viewing them in the SENT folder. I have experimented with various selections to NO avail. Please advise what I am overlooking. Are you using an ISP or Exchange server for mail? If Exchange, check with the admin to see if the server is set to strip formatting. BTW, not all people want or appreciate HTML mail so you may want to rethink that strategy. I do not like it and ...

Exchange 2010 Disclaimer HTML/Plain Text

Converting month number to text equivalent
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C3D1EC.879C4B80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable In cell A1 I have the date 01/06/2004 (Jan 6th, 2004) displayed. I want = to list the Month and Year of the previous month in cell B1. In this = example I need "DEC-2003" to display. Can anyone help? TIA, Alan ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C3D1EC.879C4B80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//...

Linked Text Boxes with Exact Objects copy/paste
Hello All, I am trying to change the layout of a 8.5" x 11" four page document to a two page 17" x 11" document. The four pager consist of four linked text boxes as pages with lots of graphics in each. When I rope the textbox plus the graphics, copy and then paste I only get the an empty textbox plus the graphics, the text is gone. I think this has something to do with the graphic objects Layout set to exact, but I would have to spend a few hours changing all of the objects to inline. Time is what I lack. Is there a way to do this. That is, copy and paste linked tex...

Access is Denied
I was wondering if anybody has encountered an Access is Denied message getting into Store Operations Manager while in POS is open. It's the strangest thing. We have 12 stores on this system and we have one store having this problem. She can still get into Operations Manager by pressing OK and bypassing the message, but then has difficulty with closing and reopening the POS (which, thanks to another posting I just saw here may fix that issue for her). I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to get this message to go away? We've uninstalled and reinstalled the ...

attching files in outlook 2007
hello, if I try and insert a file into a message in outlook 2007 I only get options to insert or insert as text. in previous versions there was an option to insert as a hyperlink, is this no longer available? I am using outlook/office 2007 with SP2 installed. Thanks in advance for any help. Taffy B "TAFFY" <TAFFY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01D958C4-B54B-4127-BB93-F414AD3D9A68@microsoft.com... > hello, > if I try and insert a file into a message in outlook 2007 I only get > options > to insert or insert as text. in pre...

redirecting emails to SBS Exchange 2007
If I want to redirect emails from public hosting server to local SBS server, what DNS records do I need to change. Do I need to edit any other A/AAAA records or just to add whatever name (matching sbs domain name) and global IP of my local office router? Below is an example of another company records - the first is web page hosting service and 3rd is the name and IP of this organisation, which I need to add for my company. What for is needed the second 127.0.0.1? 3 A/AAAA record(s) mycompany.com. IN A xxx.146.69.8 localhost.mycompany.com. IN A 127....

Edit Field
I often record a macro to repeat often-used keystrokes, but today I found a keystroke that couldn't be recorded. I use Tools, Macros, Record a new Macro and assign it to a toolbar. In my document, I have some cross-references to bookmarks. Some bookmarks begin with a lower-case letter (due to the context in which they are used), but this may be changed in the cross-reference by right-clicking on the field, Edit field, Format - First capital. However, when trying to capture this sequence in a macro recording, the right-click function is not available. Is there an alternative ...

How to copy Contacts data on my Notebook's Outlook 2007 to Addres Book of Outlook Express on desktop PC
I have entered most of my friends' data on my Notebook's Outlook 2007. However, on my home desktop PC, I'm using Outlook Express 6. How do I transfer the Notebook's Outlook Contacts to the Desktop's Outlook Express Address Book? I use Win XP on both machines. I was told Outlook stores its Contacts data in a Contacts Folder, while Outlook Express reads only files with wab extensions and it's tricky to Import a Contacts folder to a wab file. Pse help. Thank you. "Jimmy Hsu" <jimmyhsu@tifventures.com> wrote in message news:fjrb5f$pn2$1@maw...

Access 2000 installation is failed
Dear all, I have installed Office 2000 for module Access and FrontPage, but got the following error : msiexec.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Installer terminated prematurely. Installation ended prematurely because of an error. Is there any solution for this error ? Thanks. Chlaris ...

Please verify BUG in Microsoft Windows XP/2003 Accessibility *MPS*
Hello, The Problem (Multi Processor only): This occurs when there is MORE than one Logical/Physical CPU on the system. When a console winevent hook function is active, changing the codepage of a console window causes the console window to not respond. I set a hook using SetWinEventHook to get notified on events EVENT_CONSOLE_CARET to EVENT_CONSOLE_END_APPLICATION all is well, events are coming. When I open a CMD window and change the codepage to a different codepage than the default one, the window stops responding. From my tests it appears that the problem is somewhere in the SetCo...

Format Converter
Just now I downloaded what is supposed to be an Excel spreadsheet from Amazon Advantage. It is actually an XML file with an XLS extension, so I assume that it should have been an XLSX file instead of XLS for Excel 2007. Is there a converter to enable opening the file in Excel 2000? If there it a converter on Microsoft's web site, it is well hidden. >>It is actually an XML file with an XLS extension, so I assume that it should have been an XLSX file instead of XLS for Excel 2007 That's not quite right. An XLSX file is not an XML file. It is a ZIP file made up mostly of XM...

Automated Access Reports E-mailed with Outlook in Remote Desktop E
Automated Access 2007 Reports E-mailed with Outlook in Remote Desktop Environment (aka Terminal Services ) I have set up an Access 2007 application that automatically reads data from a SQL Server database, generates several reports, and then pushes these reports out to several files in PDF format. After the report files are generated, I use VBA code in Access to fire up Outlook to e-mail the reports as attachments to several department managers. This system is initiated by the Windows Scheduler at 4:00 AM every day and is run with no human intervention. In order to avoid th...

Cannot access mailboxes with OWA
I installed Outlook web access on a windows 2000 member server, Exchange 5.5 resides in a NT 4 member server box. This is a NT 4 Domain no active directory. When I try to log in it pops the user name and password right back. I look at the event log on the OWA server and it tells me that it is the wrong user name and password which is not true. I have adjusted the local policy for users to log on locally but that has not worked. Any ideas or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks >-----Original Message----- >I installed Outlook web access on a windows 2000 member server, Ex...

Accessing Session Cache from GenericPrincipal.isInRole() Options
Hi, Can someone please confirm that Session Cache will not always be available/accesible from an implemented/overriden IPrincipal.isInRole() method? We obtain the current session state via ((HttpApplication)sender).Session but *sometimes* get the error "Session state is not available in this context". What appears to be happening is when isInRole() is invoked to check for sitemap node access then Session State is available, but if the check is to do with a web-page url then it is not. Eg: - Web.sitemap <siteMapNode roles="ROLE1,ROLE2,ROLE3&qu...

Updating / Initializing Table Fields Upon Exiting Access
Is it possible to update "Field B" with data from "Field A", and then initialize/clear "Field A" upon exiting Access? Is there a reason you need to do it on exit.. like a time last update thing or something? Otherwise, you might be better of doing it on load... in case the database crashed or hung, and you never got a chance to run your update query. "txmcclain" wrote: > Is it possible to update "Field B" with data from "Field A", and then > initialize/clear "Field A" upon exiting Access? Access does not hav...

Excel cell format #2
how can i display preceding zeros in excel without formatting as text? In article <5CBDC357-B0B2-49C2-906C-73E94C6172B9@microsoft.com>, "rockfam8" <rockfam8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how can i display preceding zeros in excel without formatting as text? Precede your entry with an apostrophe. For example... '012345 Hope this helps! Or give it a custom format like 00000 (as many 0's as you need) rockfam8 wrote: > > how can i display preceding zeros in excel without formatting as text? -- Dave Peterson ...

excel chart to tiff or eps format
Hello, I have created several detailed charts in excel for a paper that I am sending to a journal. The journal requires that my files have eps or tiff extensions. How do I convert the excel chart into tiff or eps? I have tried to 'print' to tiff with microsoft office document image writer , but the quality of the chart is too low. I also tried to copy and paste the graph into paint shop pro and to save it as .eps , but agai the quality is too low. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks. Raoul In VBA you can use ActiveChart.Export "C:\test\MyChart.tif"...

Text to columns issue
Some how I got set up so that when I paste text into an excel sheet it auto does the text to columns funtion. Each word is in its own cell. I would very much like to know how I got set up in this way and even more how I can stop it. I have opened new sheet and books and the same thing still happens so I think it must be some sort of global setting but I just can't find it. Thanks in advance. -- sminor ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sminor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37606 View this thread: http...

date format conversion
I have a date of 1/5/2006, it needs to be 01/05/2006. I ma having a hard time getting hte leading 0's where needed. Appreciate any help! -- Buck That sounds like a matter of FORMAT. The date itself, as 'numerical' value sounds fine. You can force a format (to display a STRING that represents a date, but *is* a string, not a date_time value) with the use of Format function: ? Format( #1/2/3# , "mm\/dd\/yyyy") 01/02/2003 Hoping it may help, Vanderghast, Access MVP "buckpeace" <buckpeace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01C568...