Cannot edit data in forms but can in tables

I have a problem!

I created a database where I can only edit the data in tables.  In the forms
I created I can see the data but cannot edit the data.

I am using 2007 that I have set so the file can be opened in 2003.  The data
was imported to create tables from two Excel spread sheets using the wizard.
The tables are linked together and the combined data is shown in a report.
This all works without a problem.

Now I need to edit the data, so I created several forms all of which I
cannot add, delete or edit the data.

I saw under the User and Group Permissions that under table all the
permissions have checks but under form read, update insert and delete are all
greyed out and I am unable to change this.

Does anyone know how I can make the necessary changes to edit the data in
forms?

It may be a problem with your query
You must have a query that joins the tables together.  That query is the
source for the report
Open the query and see if you can edit the data there.   Tell us if you can
edit the query

"Ratfink" <Ratfink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a problem!
>
> I created a database where I can only edit the data in tables.  In the
> forms
> I created I can see the data but cannot edit the data.
>
> I am using 2007 that I have set so the file can be opened in 2003.  The
> data
> was imported to create tables from two Excel spread sheets using the
> wizard.
> The tables are linked together and the combined data is shown in a report.
> This all works without a problem.
>
> Now I need to edit the data, so I created several forms all of which I
> cannot add, delete or edit the data.
>
> I saw under the User and Group Permissions that under table all the
> permissions have checks but under form read, update insert and delete are
> all
> greyed out and I am unable to change this.
>
> Does anyone know how I can make the necessary changes to edit the data in
> forms?

0
Chegu
1/28/2010 8:10:13 PM
On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:50:06 -0800, Ratfink
<Ratfink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a problem!
>
>I created a database where I can only edit the data in tables.  In the forms
>I created I can see the data but cannot edit the data.
>
>I am using 2007 that I have set so the file can be opened in 2003.  The data
>was imported to create tables from two Excel spread sheets using the wizard.
>The tables are linked together and the combined data is shown in a report.
>This all works without a problem.
>
>Now I need to edit the data, so I created several forms all of which I
>cannot add, delete or edit the data.
>
>I saw under the User and Group Permissions that under table all the
>permissions have checks but under form read, update insert and delete are all
>greyed out and I am unable to change this.
>
>Does anyone know how I can make the necessary changes to edit the data in
>forms?

Are you basing the Forms on Queries joining the tables? If so, that may be the
problem: some multitable queries are updateable but some aren't. Normally one
would use a Form for the "one" side of the relationship and a Subform for the
"many".

Did you define Relationships between the tables after you imported them? Did
you enforce referential integrity? If you open the query datasheet, is *it*
editable? If not, the form won't be either.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

pasting chart getting source data from new location
I have a spreadsheet and chart of which I need several instances. When I copy and paste the sheet, the source data for the new chart is pointing to the original spreadsheet. My goal is to have a new sheet and chart that is independent from the original, however works the same way. New data entered into the new spredsheet will display on the the new graph. This functionality is by design but you can easily change the source of any chart. To do so, first click on the outside edge of the chart. Next, right-click on your mouse and select "source data". Finally, in the source...

Control Button to Create a New Record in Another Form
I've developed a MS Access application for Trade Shows. One of my tables contains all basic client info. This table is used as the data source for both a complete client form and a partial data form. Both forms can show all clients (individually). Using the partial data form I want to create a button that copies the current record and creates a new record in a form titled Trade Show Attendees. Other data in the Trade Show Attendees must be entered to complete that attendee's record. Some of the data entered will populate the TradeShow Attendees table. Can anyone describe t...

Word2007. Checkbox. No Form

PA Misc. Log Tables

Unique items in a Pivot table
Let us say I have this data scenario Customer Project Type C1 P1 New C2 P2 New C2 P3 New C3 P4 Existing Using Pivot table, can I create a chart to show that I have 2 New customers and 1 Existing customer New - 2 Existing - 1 i want to create a chart of this table A pivot table won't calculate a unique count. However, you could add a column to the database, then add that field to the pivottable. For example, if you want to count the customers in column A, use the following formula in row 2: =IF...

can i download lxce serv.exe

MS-Project Table / Columns Cross Referencing
Hi folks, Hopefully somebody has come across this issue before... We have been setting up a new schedule using the MSP default Gantt chart (which references the Task table I think) view. All the usual fields are filled in - Task Name, Work, Duration, etc. We have also filled in a text field, Text12, with some specific data. What we would then like to do is be able to reference the data in Text12 in other views where, for example, the Task Name is visible. For example, the Resource Usage view... I assume this view uses the Assignment table. By default, the Task Names do appear in...

automaticaly create a variable sized table from user input
Hi, How can I user data input to a cell by a user to create a table with that number of rows. eg. User enters 1024 in B2 165 in B3 12.5 in B4 A10 would contain 1, B10 would contain =B3+(A10*$B$4) A11 would contain 2, B11 would contain =B3+(A11*$B$4) etc to 1024 The user entered number in B2 could be any whole number between 1 and 1024 Thanks, Iain I could make this better but other things to do right now so try this. Uncomment the last line to remove the formula and just leave the values. Sub makeformula() Range("a10") = 1 Range("b10").Formula = "=B3+(A10*$B$4)...

visual basic

how many receivers i can add

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data