Can see form in design view but not in open or layout view

I have set up the tables, relationships and forms.  When I first created the
form I was able to view when clicking open.  I made a couple of changes and
now when I click on open a box pops up to enter perimeter value.  Also, I can
no longer see the form in opne or layout but if I click for design view, I
can see my form and all the tabs.

There is either something missing or somthing is named incorrectly.  Had a
similar problem recently where a new version was installed in the front end,
but the table in the back end had not been updated properly (a new field) and
the new version of the form was looking for a field that did not exisit.  The
form opened, but just sat there blank.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"Debbie" wrote:

> I have set up the tables, relationships and forms.  When I first created the
> form I was able to view when clicking open.  I made a couple of changes and
> now when I click on open a box pops up to enter perimeter value.  Also, I can
> no longer see the form in opne or layout but if I click for design view, I
> can see my form and all the tabs.

Can You Tell Me Which Microsoft Certification is the most popular nowdays
Recommend Microsoft certificatons : * Exchange Server 2007 * MCAD.NET * MCDBA * MCDST * MCITP * MCP * MCPD * MCSA * MCSA 2003 * MCSD.NET * MCSE * MCSE 2000 Security * MCSE 2003 * MCSE 2003 Managing * MCSE 2003 Security * MCTS * Microsoft Business Solutions * Microsoft Licensing exam * Microsoft Partner Competency exam * Microsoft Windows Vista, Configuring * Office SharePoint Server 2007 * TS * Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Which Microsoft Certification is the most popular, get the answer in http://...

I can't back space more than one character or repeat a character,
I was prompted while filing out a form to have duplicate key strokes stopped. I made the mistke of accepting and now I can't type any dupe characters without difficulty (must pause momentarilly) and I can't back space without the same pause. I also cannot find how to disable the thing. This happens in all typing situations, including here. You've probably enabled FilterKeys, one of the Accessibility Options. You can turn it off in Windows Control Panel and at the same time disable the shortcut key that you pressed to enable it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft M...

Having 2 workbooks open simultaneously
I have a wide screen laptop that can accommodate 2 Excel workbooks side by side. I used that feature for a while until sometime about two weeks ago something happened (I don't know what) and now I a only able to keep one workbook open at a time. When I try to open a second one, the first one minimizes. Can anyone tell me how to get it back so that I can once again view 2 workbooks side by side? Many thanks for your help -- Royal Did yesterday's response work: "How about just window|Arrange|Tiled (or whatever you want)" Royal wrote: > > I have a wide screen l...

Online form ~ I have word 2003 and 2007
Hello, I am trying to create an online form that will allow for a limited amount of characters per field. For example: Name: 20 Characters at length and so on Date: 15 Characters Title of the reading: 40 characters Please advise, Thanks -- astro44 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

How to create a task view where completed tasks are omitted
Hello out there! I'm trying to create a task view where my hundreds of 'completed tasks' are omitted - leaving all other tasks that have yet to be completed. I've searched help and rung the customer support line but to no avail. Anyone know how? Would be much appreciated. Paul Create a custom view of your Tasks folder with a filter that says "Completed equals no" (you will find this on the Advanced tab when you click the Filter button). -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the...

Opening Draft E-mail Outlook 2000
Outlook 2000, Windows XP Pro Outlook hung when two e-mails were open, they are both sttill in Drafts folder. But they cannot be opened, an unknown error is returned when opening. Where are the temp files relating to these e-mails stored? If I open them in wordpad I can copy the contents out. Any ideas? Cheers, Richard Thorneycroft IT Systems Support Husky Group Ltd (01455) 555 340 They are stored in your PST. You can try to export them to another format (File | Import and Export) but those messages are possibly corrupt. "RichardThorneycroft" <richard-deletethis-@huskypr...

can you print envelopes from money ??
I find it really silly that I can't print envelopes from money. I have client information stored for sending invoices or quotes, yet I can't use the address details to print directly on to an envelope or label. Why can't I get a download to add the option along with customised invoices, quotes etc etc. Does anyone know a quick and easy way to do this other than coping and pasting each individual client address into word. Then selecting print envelope. This way is quite time consuming when you have to print a lot. cheers Silly or not, a search of the archive for this new...

Can't open many XLS files at once
I have Excel 2000 and Win XP pro. I used to be able to highlight many XLS files in Explorer, right click, choose open and all the highlighted files would open in Excel with the different xls files on my task bar. I can still do this on my W98 computer, but I can only open one file at a time on my Win XP computer. If I double click on a 2nd XLS file the 2nd XLS file opens and the first file closes. I tried the run excel.exe /regserv fix but this did not solve the problem. Does anyone know how to fix this for Win XP? Thanks Dennis Hi maybe: Tools - Options - General and uncheck 'Ig...

Can't change default print resulotion in Publisher 2003
In Publisher 2003, I tried to change the print quality via the "Printer Properties" dialog box, but that didn't change the print resolution. I clicked "Advanced Print Settings..." in the print dialog box, but the only drop-down choice next to "Resolution" is "Default," which doesn't say what the default is but seems to be set at Super-fine. How do I cange the print resolution to Normal or Draft? Thank you. Don Burgess <DonBurgess@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > In Publisher 2003, I tried to change...

Can't Click on Links in E-mail Messages
Starting today, whenever I click on a link in an e-mail message, the following box pops up: This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on the computer. Please contact your system administrator. Does anyone know why this is happening, and what I can do to fix it so that I can click on links? -- Brett Hi Brett, The following Knowledge Base (KB) article addresses the issue that you are having. Please follow the steps outlined in this article and this should resolve your issue. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;307818 Regards, Scott Atkins MCSE,...

How I can print full text bigger than column, in repeat column
When I print statements with repeat columns in excell which have text bigger than repeat columns, complete text is printed on all sheets except first sheet. How I can overcome this problem? I want to print complete text in repeat columns, which is expanded to other columns which are blank. ...

Duplicating reocords from main form and subform receiving Runtime Error 3022
I am trying to develop a command button that will duplicate the main form and the subform information and save it to another record within the same tables. I used Allen Browne's program and modified it to fit my tables. At first it would copy the main form and not the subform data so I made some changes and now I am getting the Runtime error 3022. I have worked on this off and on for about 2 weeks. Any help on getting this to run will be greatly appreciated. Below is my code: Private Sub Command78_Click() 'On Error GoTo Err_Handler 'Purpose: Duplicate the main ...

RUS does not allow mail boxes to be opened
When creating new user/mail box in AD on our Exchange 2000 server, the RUS generates a smtp address, but when user logs on Outlook reports 'Unable to open your default e-mail folders, you do not have permission to logon'. We have checked ADSI and the setting 'msExchUsserAccountControl' has a value of 'not set'. If you change this to '0', then the mailbox can be opened. Why is RUS not setting this value? We have tried creating new RUS and recepient policy and this does not make any difference. The user has permission to open his own mailbox. We have tried ...

CListCtrl Tile View (repost)
(This is a resend of an earlier post; sorry for the duplication, but I had to fix my newsgroup account.) I'm trying to use the CListCtrl's tile view option in MFC under XP, but the documentation for this is woefully inadequate. Can anyone point me to some sample code that shows how to use this? Specifically, I'd like to know the following: - What does the "cColumns" and "puColumns" fields in the LVITEM struct mean when applied to a tile view? Do they include the icon as a column? - The LVTILEVIEWINFO's dwMask field can contain LVTVIM_COLUMNS; does th...

How do I enable Outlook to view the Public Folder while being able
How do I enable Outlook to view the Public Folder while being able to Mail Favorite Folder windows. We are on XP pro along with Outlook 2007 using 2008 Small business server standard that has 2007 Exchange server. "kdepc" <kdepc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C01F1E17-3057-40E4-8DF8-C8F507316897@microsoft.com... > How do I enable Outlook to view the Public Folder while being able to Mail > Favorite Folder windows. We are on XP pro along with Outlook 2007 using 2008 > Small business server standard that has 2007 Exchange server. Please...

Can Money Deluxe 2006 Read Money Premium File
Can Money Deluxe 2006 read/write a Money Premium 2006 file? Thanks. Bob Mc. In microsoft.public.money, Bob Mc <Bob Mc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can Money Deluxe 2006 read/write a Money Premium 2006 file? Yes. ...

Total from a Query to a Form
Hello, I have several queries that have count totals from certain fields in a table. I would like to be able to insert those totals (just the numbers) on certain places in another form for a manager's summary view. How can I make this possible. Thanks in advance. On Sep 25, 8:34 am, Chris <chris.ho...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have several queries that have count totals from certain fields in a > table. I would like to be able to insert those totals (just the > numbers) on certain places in another form for a manager's summary > view. How can I ma...

HELP!! Publisher won't open
I have Publisher 2000. When I click on the icon on the desktop, the program opens to the catalog page. When I click on 'existing files'. the program closes down. I can open the existing file in Windows Explorer, but as soon as I click on something, it closes down. This is a relatively new computer running Windows XP Media Center. I have been able to access my existing file before on this system. Can someone please help? Can you open Publisher in Safe Mode? Do you have a default printer enabled? Insert your 2000 disk, select repair. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.micros...

auto number a word document each time it is opened
Hi there, I would like to know how to have a number update automatically each time the document is opened. I have tried all the avenues I know and still have had no luck. I am using word 2003 and have no experience with macros, however I am keen to learn. I am struggling to get the below advice to previous users " http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm. " to work for me. It keeps coming up with error messages after I have created the macro, the main one being "Compile Error: Expected Function or variable" for the "Order =" and then...

CFtpFileFind::FindNextFile() can't get the correct file name.
Once I want to get file from HP-UX by FTP. I use MFC CFtpFileFind to find the files under a specified directory in HP-UX, but the return value of CFtpFileFind::GetFileName () is not the correct file name, it includes time (sometimes and date) ahead, such as: 19:30 Mydemofile001.txt 19:35 Mydemofile002.txt but the real file name existed are only Mydemofile001.txt and Mydemofile002.txt. Is there any problem in the low level encapsulated by MFC for FTP list files? Could anyone give me some advice? Thank you. ...

VB.NET for Office Open XML
I have been working on a function that inserts a slide into a presentation. I am having a problem grasping the steps to add a child node to the parent document. in this case a slide to the presentation. There is code on the MSDN site but it has several errors and when I fixed them it would not update the slide title. It would actually corrupt the file. Here is what I have so far: Public Function PPTInsertNewSlide(ByVal fileName As String, ByVal position As Integer, ByVal title As String) As Boolean Dim returnValue As Boolean = False Dim documentPart As PackagePart = Noth...

PLEASE HELP
Hi, In Outlook small business 2007, when I press Tasks or To Do List, It causes outlook to not respond and closes down. Please Help Me. Kara This is the obv. but have you try to repair OL, its under your help Item on your menu bar my 2 cents "Kara Johnson" wrote: > Hi, > In Outlook small business 2007, when I press Tasks or To Do List, It causes > outlook to not respond and closes down. > Please Help Me. ...

Can't copy comments between spread sheet
I can't copy the cell comments from one sheet to another. All other formating gets copied. Try copy then paste special and select comment! Cheers John "Plan Schedule" <planschedule@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4b4f01c4801d$c40befa0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I can't copy the cell comments from one sheet to > another. All other formating gets copied. ...

how can I change the a,b,c, column headers in excel to names
I've tried and can't figure out how to change the column header from a,b,c, etc. to names for each column. Any tips are appreciated You can only show A,B,C...,IV or numbers: 1,2,3,...,256 But you could put your names in Row 1 and then select A1, then select A2 and click on Window|Freeze panes. espray wrote: > > I've tried and can't figure out how to change the column header from a,b,c, > etc. to names for each column. Any tips are appreciated -- Dave Peterson ...

I can't print in publisher
We have just has a new photocopier / printer / scanner / facsimile machine installed, and we can print everything out fine - except in publisher. When I open a publisher file and go file / print and select the printer, it just comes up with an error message, and shuts down any advice would be very helpful e-mail :- admin@bestbusinessbuys.co.nz Thanks Nick What is the error? Try this, open the Printer folder, set some other printer as default, the Generic Color PS printer will do, open your file, print, select your new printer. Does the file print okay? Publisher saves printer settings w...