Calculating age in a label or text box on a form

Hello All,
I have a text box for birthdate for a user to enter the birthdate and I want
to the age for the user to be automatically calcuated and displayed in
another label called "Age." What formula can I use?
Missy

OWA session Timeout (Form Based Auth )
Wondering if it is possible in Exchange 2003 SP2 to have different OWA timeout for different users using the same OWA HTTP VS to connect... If not, can a second HTTP VS on the same server as the first have different timeout, or is it a server setting ( I think it is done trough OWA web admin tool ) !!! Thanks !!! ...

Help building a filter on a form
Okay, I downloaded the Issue database template and simplified it greatly. Now, I can't get the "search issues" form to work. I have the following controls on my search form: Application (dropdown list) TextSearch (text field) I'd like to modify the existing code so that when I make an entry and click the "search" button, it will make the form footer visible (where the "browse_all_issues" form is imbedded as a subform). That part works. But, the next lines set the filter and turn it on... Me.FormFooter.Visible = True DoCmd.Mo...

Save n Refresh New Form
Hi All, I have use the 'Save' command button in the access2000. However, I need additional function when I click the 'Save' button. Click 'Save' - 'Yes' --> Save the data and then refresh into new form with the Log Number(Primary Key) increase to the next number No issue on the 'No' function. Pls help. Thank you. Private Sub SaveData_Click() On Error GoTo Err_SaveData_Click DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, acSaveRecord, , acMenuVer70 Exit_SaveData_Click: Exit Sub Err_SaveData_Click: MsgBo...

How do I get the document to align with my labels?
I keep trying to print these labels, and they end up wasting because the alignment is off. I am using the right number labels along with the application, but for some reason it's not working. My printer is a F335 All-In-One. Please advise. Thank You. Extremely difficult without seeing them. But 99% of the time it is because normal.dot has been modified by adding a Header or Footer or similar and labels are based on normal.dot. So try starting Word in Safe Mode and create a sheet of labels to see if that works. If it does, rename normal.dot as normal.bad and start Word agai...

How do I calculate the # of business days between two dates?
I know absolutely nothing about coding. Trying to use calculations in a report or query to accomplish this. Everything else I have found seems to include "coding" that goes way beyond my capabilities. Anything a novice can use? You need to use code: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/97757 You can call this function in a query 1. make the function a Public Function In the query have a column like this WorkDaysCalc: Work_Days([StartDate],[EndDate]) where [StartDate] and [EndDate] are actual fields in your query. Everyone starts out a "Novice" but the m...

Calculate Loan Term
I am trying to determine the loan term for a loan where I know the following variables: Loan date = 10/31/2008 Maturity date = 09/30/2011 Balance = $50,000 Payment amount = $275 Baloon at end = $20,000 Annual IR = 3.25% I have several loans I am looking at where the payment amount is not enough to pay off the loan at maturity, in other words, there will be a balance due at maturity (balloon). I want to know how long it would take to pay off the loan at the payment amount currently being charged, or in other words, the original amortization period. I am trying to determine ho...

Can't display all text in cell
I'm trying to display text in a cell. I've got Wrap Text on, and I hav several paragraphs of text. All of it appears in the formula bar, bu not in the cell displayed on the screen. And yes, I increased the ro height, but it still doesn't show. Any ideas? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am having the same problem. Apparantly there is a 1024 character limitation per cel in excel. The only advice I have received so far, which does work, is to press alt+enter to create a line break. If you find another work around, I would be interested. Hi besid...

Setting up a Form to be able to print
I have set up a form so as there are two pages (one after the other) on the form. When i view the first page of the form in Print Preview - there are two pages that i am able to print. However, when i print it out, only the "first page" of the Form prints. Any suggestions as to find out how to be able to print both pages of the form? You might try saving the form as a report, then adjusting the margins. Right-click on the form's name in the database window and choose: Save As then change the dropdown in the dialog to Report. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastr...

SEARCH BOX
First thank you in advance for any help. I want to put a search box on the first sheet of my program to enter data, either a name or an assigned number, and have it search for and go to that line of information on another sheet. Can I do this or do you have another suggestion? This should do it. Change sheet name and column numbers to suit Sub nameornumberfind() With Sheets("sheet34") mv = InputBox("Enter name or number") If IsNumeric(mv) Then 'MsgBox "number" mc = 4 Else 'MsgBox "text" mc = 1 End If Set mf = .Columns(mc).fi...

sent mail appears in my in-box
How can I change settings to prevent e-mail that I send also going to my in-box? Thank you in advance Under Tools->Options->Preferences->Email Options->Advanced Email Options, do you have the box checked to save mail in the same folder? Do you have any rules that affect mail after it is sent? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: TopCat <topcat@vettenut.com> asked: | How can I change settings to prevent e-mail that I send | also going to my in-box? | | Tha...

CPropertySheet create failing when adding to dialog box
Hi all, I am having problems with a class that I made that inherits from CPropertySheet. I need to add this class to a dialog box with the following code: m_appPropSheet.AddPage(m_saleIllustrationPropPageClientOne); m_appPropSheet.AddPage(m_saleIllustrationPropPageClientTwo); m_appPropSheet.Create(this, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 0); m_appPropSheet.EnableStackedTabs(FALSE); m_appPropSheet.ModifyStyleEx (0, WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT); m_appPropSheet->ModifyStyle(0, WS_TABSTOP); m_appPropSheet.SetWindowPos(NULL, 0, 25, 0, 0, SWP_NOZORDER | SWP_NOSIZE | SWP_NOACTIVATE); ...

Hotkeys for text & background coloring
Hi. Does anyone know the hotkeys for text coloring (font color) & background coloring (fill color)? Eg: First you need to select the font color & fill color in the related toolbar incons. - When I highlight "I am great", then press "Ctrl+O" for example, the text will be colored as what it's displayed in the "font color" toolbr icon. - The simliar way applies to background coloring If the above is not available, any workaround is still apreciated. -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP You could use a sma...

counting same text from different cells
Hi I was Trying to count text such as "p" for pass from different cell in excel but i am not sure what is the formula for that. It will be really helpful if u could send me the solution thank you om Hi =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"p") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "om" <om@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:96B25715-6B88-40F8-8360-9602A05E3B30@microsoft.com... > Hi I was Trying to count text such as "p" for pass from different cell in > excel but i am not sure what is the formula for that. > > It will be rea...

Cluttered labels on refresh
I have a pie chart that gets its info from a pivot table. My problem is every time I refresh the pivot table all of the labels for the pie slices get s cluttered up and you can't read them. So I then have to manually go and separate each label. Is there a way for it automatically spread them out. Thanks, Chance Chance - Microsoft admits that pivot charts have a problem losing their formatting when you refresh the pivot tables. XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting (215904) http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904 They recommend that you record a macro while fi...

Getting Combo boxes to change options based on other Combo boxes.
Using Excel 2007. I am trying to create either Form Control Combo Boxes or ActiveX Combo Boxes that will change the selectable options based on selections made in previous combo boxes. I am having a hard time finding any information that will work for me. Can someone tell me how to make 5 combo boxes change available listed options when specific options are selected in another combo box? Please? I've been working on this for a very long time without success. I've tried using Data Validation, but my formulas are too long for all the different possible combinations. You are...

Vlookup from Combo Box
Hello, I am trying to use the Vlookup function from a Combo Box. The combo box will contain currencies (USD, JPY, EUR). Once a user selects a currency, the lookup will use that currency to find the exchange rate from a table. Something like this =VLOOKUP("Forms.ComboBox1",Currency!A1:B4,Currency!B18,FALSE) Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks ACase If it's a Combo Box from the Control Toolbox toolbar, you can set the "LinkedCell" property (right-click on the combo box and go into "Properties") to a worksheet cell. When the user makes a select...

how can we transfer data from child dialog box to parent Dialog Box. #2
hi guys, i have created modalless child dialog box by parent dialogbox using UI Thread . now i want to do 2 things first i want to transfer CPoint variable from child to parent and second i want to call OnLButtonDown() function of parent DialogBox. i have hint but not proper please help me to complete this one. SendMessage(m_pParent, WM_LBUTTONDOWN, x,y); // from child side void CHRS_MoleDlg::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) //on parent dialog box first of all tell me is it possible if yes then what will be "x" and "y" so that they can convert into CPoint v...

Forms problem #2
Hi all, I've designed a form in MSO 2003 with a picture for a background and the bcc field having a default value. The problem is that when I send attachments through this form sometimes the recipient gets the attachment as a .dat file! I like the functionality of the form that I've created but the problem with the attachments is a big one! Any suggestions? -pnp Do not use Outlook Rich Text as the form message format. Use Plain Text or HTML instead. The winmail.dat is caused by clients that cannot understand RTF (all except Outlook/Eudora) wrapping the formatting in the .da...

Linking Outlook fields from the "Contact Folder" to a custom form in Outlook...
Using Exchange Server 2003/Outlook 2003, we have created a custom Help Desk form in Outlook. We would like the ability to link specific fields from the Contacts Folder (Example B), in a drop-down list box if possible. We are far from knowing that something like this is even possible. Would appreciate *any* suggestions. Thank you. ...

Forms like the Invoice Template
I would like to design some of my own business forms similar to the Invoice template that comes with Excel 97. Can someone point me in the right direction to get started? Thanks, -- B Try: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5c619eb3-950b-4fc3- 8df4-88fb9ee83dc6&DisplayLang=en Watch word wrap here... HTH "Bradley M. Small" <BSmall@XNOSPAMXmjsi.com> wrote in message news:u1ZKd9YvDHA.4060@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I would like to design some of my own business forms similar to the Invoice > template that comes with Excel 97. Can someone point ...

alter the content of the from box in a message
in outlook my "from" box automatically defaults to the email from me and that is the email address issued to me by my ISP that I entered at inception. I want my default email to read a different email which corresponds not to my ISP but to my web site and email service by my web hosters? for example my outlook says that my emails are from blanchard@btinternet.com in my signature block i type my small company details and include my company website and my email which is mail@blanchardcon.com etc how do i get this email to appear as a default in the "from" box? Enter i...

Can my form fill in a field, yet allow me to override?
Each customers is sent to us from a salesman, and we provide service for 1-7 days before the activity ends. A new charge is generated for each day of service. Employee #1 uses the customer service form to generate a bill, and includes the name of the salesman. Employee #2 uses the form to generate a bill on the next day, and has to look up the first bill, in order to know which salesman to record. The same thing happens every day until the activity ends. With each new referral for service, there's a strong chance it will be due to a different salesman, so the customer number an...

Calculation #2
Help, I am trying to get a calculation to do the following......... =If >800 Then * by 0.40 =If <800 then insert '0' ie : if the cell contains a value of 914, it should display the value of 45.60, and if the cell contains a value less than 800, it should then display 0. So I have been trying to do this............. =if(A1>800,*0.40, if(A1<800,0)) But it does not work ?, can anyone help with this one ? -- Daywalker ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Daywalker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

Text function multinational format
Hi In one of my spreadsheets I used a text function to retrieve year from a cell. It's important to point put that I use Polish version of Excel. The function (in my version) was as follows '=tekst(A1;"rrrr")' - value of A1 is "2009-01-23". The format "rrrr" is an equivalent of "yyyy". I than had to send it to someone with an English version of Excel. Unfortunately, the displayed value was "rrrr" and not "2009". Is it possible to use this function in both versions of Excel? Kind regards IgorM Ron de...

Eliminate / Hide Title Bar on a form
Is there any way in VB 2008 to hide the Title Bar on a form? I have a dedicated computer which is going to run only my application. I want to at a minimum to hide the Min/Max/Close buttons on the title bar, but would actually prefer to simply not have it at all. Thanks, John "John Tripp" <JohnTripp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5DE09C2-EB11-4DA9-A3E2-DDC3BEE54DAB@microsoft.com... > Is there any way in VB 2008 This group is for VB6 and earlier(VB Classic). VB.Net and all dotnet groups have either "dotnet" or "vsnet&qu...