Button Wizard:RunQuery ignores delete queries?

If I put a button on a form, choose misc, run query, I get a list of
queries that does not include any delete queries.

Why is that?  It is easy enough to get around, but why?
0
Phil

Don't have an answer for you, other than to confirm that delete queries are
not presented in the list of queries.... ACCESS has been this way for a
number of versions, for some reason.
--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"Phil Smith" <phil@nhs-inc.com> wrote in message
> If I put a button on a form, choose misc, run query, I get a list of
> queries that does not include any delete queries.
>
> Why is that?  It is easy enough to get around, but why?

0
Ken

Delete Rows #2
I would like to be able to delete a row with a name in it based on a cell with that name from another cell in a different worksheet. Any ideas? Thanks, Bernie That worked great, thank you so much. How do I run the same macro for another name right after this one? Bernie Gary''s Student wrote: > This macro: > > Sub remover() > v = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value > For Each r In Sheets("Sheet2").UsedRange > If r.Value = v Then > r.EntireRow.Delete > Exit Sub > End If > Next > End Sub > &g...

How do I increase query field length (>20 characters) ?
I want to exclude 3 or 4 variables from a particular query. Using Not "xx"or"yy" is fine, but when excluding more than this, query fails. I think the problem is that the total text characters is quite large (approx 60 characters in total, from four exclusions). Ideas, please ? 60 characters is not the limit. 1024 characters is the limit. POST the SQL of the query that is not working (View: SQL on the menu) or at a minimum post what you are attempting as the criteria. Also "query fails" does not tell us if you get an error (what is it) or the wrong resul...

outlook delete message outbox problem
I am seeing that this is not an unusual problem. I have tried working "offline". I have tried disconnecting the internet connection to the computer, restarting, delaying message sending, etc. File still will not delete or be moved. I have noticed same "error" message as some others have gotten, mapi spooling? and "message has already begun transmission what a joke this has been for 2 weeks and I don't even know what archives this has been pulled from. Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

Query wildcard symbols
Just a heads-up in case this bites you, too. I migrated an application from Access 2002 to Access 2007. I have a search form for the users to enter some criteria ... the form dynamically builds a SQL WHERE clause before opening a "results" form based on an underlying query that includes all the fields available to search on. Once in Access 2007 format, the search form opens empty every time?! When I add selection criteria to the underlying query directly, the result set is empty every time?! Oh wait, I'm using the "*" (anything/everything) wildcard character. W...

Re: Inbox subfolder deleted with its contence, can it be recovered?
I have a user at work who has deleted his inbox subfolder, with all it content. Believing he had a e-mail highlighted that he wanted t delete, he deleted by using shift delete, so it perminately deleted th contents but instead he had the subfolder highlighted, did not look a the warning message saying you are going to delete "hunter folder an its contents" *sigh* is there any way this contents be recovered? usin a thirdparty recovery tool? Thanks in advance - danie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------...

Stop Record Deletion
I have a continous form based on a table. The form uses the record selector function to allow users to easily delete un-wanted data. Some records will now be uploaded into a differnt system. I have set-up a field to flag which records have been uploaded. How can I keep the record selector, but stop rows that have been uploaded (flagged) from being deleted? "Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E9AD22E-9222-4FDB-B170-18E92A25882F@microsoft.com... > > I have a continous form based on a table. The form uses the record > selector &...

PrintPreview
Hello, I developed a VC++/MFC SDI application. The program supports PrintPreview. However, I only want the user to go forward ("Next Page") and not backward ("Prev Page"). How do I hide the "Prev Page" and "Two Page" buttons? TIA, Jacques Hello All, I found a nice Print Preview replacement toolbar (with bitmap buttons) on codeguru. To hide the "Prev Page" and "Two Page" buttons, simply remove them from the CMyPreviewView::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) method. The article was written by Robin J. Leatherbarrow. Thank...

Outlook Vote buttons integrated with MS CRM campaigns
Does anybody knows a work-around to integrate the functionality of 'vote buttons' in a MS CRM campaign (distributing email activity)? Since the email activity is distributed through the MS CRM email system, it is not possible to add vote buttons? Is there any way to send the campaign emails through Outlook, add voting buttons ("will you attend the event YES/NO"), and when the target member replies with yes/no it would automatically return as an "interested" or "not interested" campaign response...? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Mic...

Unable to delete public folder in Exch 5.5
I have 2 exch server 5.5 sp3 under same Org and Site container. 1 of the public folder was created in server b. But server b crashed and left is server a. Even though in the Outlook we can still see the public folder, but in the server a, the public folder does not exist coz it was hosted in server b. I could not delete it and the message says - 'Unable to display the folders.The contents of this public folder is currently unavailable. Either the Microsoft Exch Server computer servicing this public folder is down or the public folder has not been replicated to this site' Anyone ...

How do I insert a radio button into a spreadsheet?
Use menu.. -- dominic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1893 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37768 http://www.functionx.com/excel/articles/radiobuttons.htm This should help you. ...

Button form control does not work
I have spent over 5 hours trying to get the button wizard to do a simple thing. Open a form and show data in that form that matches the name in the form where the button is but when i follow the wizard the button allways go to the first entary in the second form eg i have the form (form1) open on emma (record 3) and want to open a second form that also contains emma the wizard puts the following in to a macro form2, Form, , "[Full Name]=" & [Full Name], , Normal but when i test the button it open the second form with the first record which is not emma why d...

can't delete DLL
Hi, I wrote a very simple dll and through VC++ debug, I can see it has already call destroy() when my host program exit; But I find I can't delete it in folder. it maybe means it is still in use. but I have already free it. Anyone can give a clue, where's my problem? I use XP + VC++. BOOL init() { return true; } static void a() { } static void b() {} void destroy() { } BOOL WINAPI DllMain(HINSTANCE hInst, DWORD fdwReason, LPVOID lpvReserved) { if (fdwReason == DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH) return init(hInst); if (fdwReason == DLL_PROCESS_DETACH) destroy(); return TRUE; } ...

Outlook 2000 Closing msg
Hello, I have an Issue with Outlook 20000 running on a win2k Machine. The user closes an email he is reading and it "disappears" completely. Not even to be found in the deleted folder. Any Thoughts? It's probably still there - check the view settings. It sounds like he's viewing only unread messages. tim.wiitanen wrote: > Hello, > > I have an Issue with Outlook 20000 running on a win2k > Machine. > > The user closes an email he is reading and it "disappears" > completely. Not even to be found in the deleted folder. > > Any Thoughts?...

Excel Question: How to Delete All Blank Rows from a worksheet?
Hi, I'm brand new, and that is my question. I just spent 2 hour laboriously mousing along deleting row by row, every other row thinkin there's gotta be a better way. (I could've done it of course if the were adjacent, but they were interspersed with my good data). I'm little behind the times: agile with keystrokes but less so with mous [think I was quicker in Lotus DOS! (actually "TWIN")]. But I do play mean piano -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows "DaveThePianoGuy >...

How do I stop Excel from deleting the Window's Clipboard Contents
Note: This is with the Office Clipboard turned OFF! For example, If I write the following in 5 cells in Excel. [Hello ][My ][Name ][Is ][Fred ] Then I Copy (CTRL+C) the Cells: [Is ] and [Fred ] to the Clipboard... Then I press [Esc] (there are a dozen other ways to do this, but, this is the simplest) Now, I go to any cell, anywhere in my workbook, and press Paste (CTRL+V)... No Data... If I open up Notepad... Paste (CTRL+V).... No Data... Excel has *decided* for me, that I want to delete the Window's Clipboard Contents. Although I ha...

MSCRM 4.0 ISV Custom buttons not visible in Contact Detail Toolbar
Hello, After enabline isv integration in 4.0, I can see in the Accounts detail level toolbar the sample isv buttons, but when I goto Contacts detail toolbar, none are visible. I just added a button to the detail level toolbar in CRM 4.0. It was added basically to the same place as my old 3.0 in the isv.config, but after adding it wasn't visible. I then went to the ReadyServer image from Microsoft, and noticed that the isv.config was not present! (isv.xsd was present and accounted for). Since I could see the isv buttons in the account entity detail toolbar, I added my custom butto...

Why is Cancel Ignored?
I have a situation where two fields (both Combo Boxes in this case) are optional if neither is used and required if either is used; i.e., if either one is used they must both be used. The Form BeforeUpdate property is '=CrossCheckKeys(0)'. The CrossCheckKeys function is: Function CrossCheckKeys(Cancel As Integer) Dim CurrForm As Form: Set CurrForm = Screen.ActiveForm With CurrForm If (IsNull(.Controls("comSinkKey")) And Not IsNull(.Controls("comSrceKey"))) _ Or (IsNull(.Controls("comSrceKey")) And Not IsNull(.Controls("comSinkKey...

Getting cells to automatically delete spaces
Hi all I have got a very large spreadsheet where the information is presente as: 111111/ 1 Notice the two spaces after the forward slash. There's about 10'00 cells in the column with varying numbers but all in the above format. I need to get the two spaces deled so that it will appear as: 111111/1 Is there a way i can get excel to proccess this for me. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Darre -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Darren, Select the required area or a whole sheet, and do a simple Replace (Edit menu), asking Excel to replace s...

HELP: Email body deleted when I receive voting response
Hi All, Whenever I vote using voting buttons, Email body gets deleted when the voting response is sent. So for eg: If I have enabled voting buttons and asked to vote on something from person xyz, the person xyz votes "accept" or "reject" and the email body is deleted when I receive the vote response email. Is there a solution for this? I want the email body to stay when I receive the voting responses. Thanks in advance. ...

Deleting Attachments
I'm doing file maintenance and noticed my inbox size is 15,768 with the total size being 96,206. I reguarly delete messages with attachments but think the reason for the large actual size is the attachments are not being deleted. If this is so, how do you set Outlook 2002 to automatically delete the attachments? I know previous versions had a check box to delete attachments but I cannot find one in this version. If all these attachments are still saved how do I delete them? Darryl ...

Query Flaw???
I need only one value from an aggregate Query - TheStores, which means the Number of Inspections in a "From - To" Timeframe. I use that as part of a calculation. The "Inspections" table contains only a Store and an InspectionDate. It gives me the result I need...but no Join...the Query has several other Fields from "Randy_F_FindFreq", but has been trimmed as an example here. SELECT Randy_F_FindFreq.AAll, Randy_Insp.TheStores, Round([AAll]/[TheStores],4) AS PerAll FROM Randy_F_FindFreq, Randy_Insp; Is this "sound"? TIA - Bob Without a join yo...

Outlook 2002: most voting button responses on email not shown on 'Tracking'
We run Exchange 2003, and one woman (using Outlook 2002) sent an invitation with yes \ no buttons out to the whole company. Over 200 hundred responses were received and she has stored them all in a sub folder, however when she opens the original message and goes to the tracking tab, only around a quarter are listed there. She needs the replies in here, so they can be easily exported into a spreadsheet. Why could message tracking have missed so many of the responses? Cronos THe most likely cause is because she moved them. The responses needed to = stay in the Inbox long enough for Outlook...

"Delete" should not be next to "rename" on right-click of mouse
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ab895d2e-cf8e-4b39-afce-b222c9a9c96c&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc Gee, can't imagine what prompted that... I agree to some extent, but I'm ...

Importing a table from Access query
What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? Thanks in advance. Hi The way I usually do this is run the select query, click on the top-right box (which selects all records) and use Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste into my workbook. An alternative is to right-click on the query in the Database Window and left-click on Export. In the Save As dialog box, select ..xls type. -- Andy. "Trish" <Trish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BF3DE22-6590-4CAD-9EE1-FC978A3BB63B@microsoft.com... > What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? >...

Reading empty query returns
When I open a form that has a bound query as the record source, no data appears (including the control objects of the form) if the query's select statement does not finds records that match the criteria I specify. This causes a problem in my VBA code as the variable I use to check the number of records returned by the query does not seem to be able to read empty query returns, even if I use isnull. So I guess I am asking how can I get Access to read an empty result set in VBA from a SQL select statement that is run??? Here is part of my code for this: DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName2, , ...