Bound Column in Combo Box

	Is it possible to have more than one bound column in a combo
box? I need to search 2 txt fields of a query and would like to start
to enter the text with autofill to select an item in either column for
the parameter for a report.
If it is possible, how would the [FORMS] be attached to the 2 separate
fields in the query.

carl
0
carl

Combo boxes can only have one bound column.
You may need to use two combos.

Steve

"Carl" wrote:

> 	Is it possible to have more than one bound column in a combo
> box? I need to search 2 txt fields of a query and would like to start
> to enter the text with autofill to select an item in either column for
> the parameter for a report.
> If it is possible, how would the [FORMS] be attached to the 2 separate
> fields in the query.
>
> carl

SteveM is correct.
There is one thing you need to be aware of.  Using combo boxes as bound
controls can be dangerous.  If you select a different item from the combo
that the current value, it will change the value and therefore change the
bound field.  It is usually best to use combos only as unbound search
controls.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

Klatuu wrote:
> SteveM is correct.
> There is one thing you need to be aware of.  Using combo boxes as
> bound controls can be dangerous.  If you select a different item from
> the combo that the current value, it will change the value and
> therefore change the bound field.  It is usually best to use combos
> only as unbound search controls.

Huh?  What if changing the bound value in the table is the desired result?

While ComboBoxes *can* be used for searching that is not what they are used
for the vast majority of the time.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick
10/30/2007 9:57:23 PM
Let me qualify that by saying for Primary or Unique key values.
If you use a bound combo to search for a record using a primary key, you
change the value of the primary key for the current record.  I doubt
seriously any wants to do that on purpose.

> While ComboBoxes *can* be used for searching that is not what they are used
> for the vast majority of the time.

Depends on who is doing the development.  I use combo's sparingly.  Hard
coded value lists often require modification and redeployment.
table or query row sources can degrade performance.
It is all a matter of style.
--

"Rick Brandt" wrote:

> Klatuu wrote:
> > SteveM is correct.
> > There is one thing you need to be aware of.  Using combo boxes as
> > bound controls can be dangerous.  If you select a different item from
> > the combo that the current value, it will change the value and
> > therefore change the bound field.  It is usually best to use combos
> > only as unbound search controls.
>
> Huh?  What if changing the bound value in the table is the desired result?
>
> While ComboBoxes *can* be used for searching that is not what they are used
> for the vast majority of the time.
>
> --
> Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
> Email (as appropriate) to...
> RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

	What then is the best solution? I have a query that among
other fields pulls 2 text fields that are mnemonics for a single item.
Call them mnemonic1 and mnemonic2. It is a select query for a report
that has a macro attached to initiate a popup form with the combo box.
The current row source for the combo box is mnemonic1 from table PDM
and [Forms]![frm_Select Drug by mnemonic][combobox] is the criteria
for mnemonic1 in the query.This all works well but I can't search
mnemonic2 this way. A drug like Lanoxin 0.125mg tab may have a
mnemonic1= L125T or mnemonic2=LANO1T, both of which would callup the
drug.

	I have been trying to be able to search as a query parameter
both mnemonic1 and mnemonic2 easily with one entry. I am unable to do
an append query because the table is generated from a server that will
not allow it and for some reason I have been unsuccessful at making a
union query.

Select PDM.mnemonic1 from PDM
Union All Select PDM.mnemonic2 from PDM

	Even if it did work I am unsure about how to bring together
the union query, select query and combo box.
	Is there no way to create an appended field  (mnemonic1
appended with mnemonic2) within the query via some language to make
that work?

	Thank you and sorry if my terminology is incorrect as I am
very new to this.

Carl

OnLet me qualify that by saying for Primary or Unique key values.

"Rick Brandt" wrote:

> Klatuu wrote:
> > SteveM is correct.
> > There is one thing you need to be aware of.  Using combo boxes as
> > bound controls can be dangerous.  If you select a different item from
> > the combo that the current value, it will change the value and
> > therefore change the bound field.  It is usually best to use combos
> > only as unbound search controls.
>
> Huh?  What if changing the bound value in the table is the desired result?
>
> While ComboBoxes *can* be used for searching that is not what they are used
> for the vast majority of the time.
>
> --
> Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
> Email (as appropriate) to...
> RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

0
carl
10/31/2007 12:28:03 AM
Klatuu wrote:
> Let me qualify that by saying for Primary or Unique key values.
> If you use a bound combo to search for a record using a primary key,
> you change the value of the primary key for the current record.  I
> doubt seriously any wants to do that on purpose.

But one would never use a bound ComboBox to search for a record.  It is either
bound OR used for searching.  To say that it is dangerous to use a bound
ComboBox to perform searches makes no sense because you would never do that.

However, to state as you did "Using combo boxes as bound controls can be
dangerous" is just plain wrong.  A bound ComboBox does exactly the same thing as
any other bound control.  You change its value and that new value is written to
the table which is exactly what one would expect a bound control to do.

Now if one attaches "search code" to a bound ComboBox it will not behave as
desired, but that is just a mistake and any coding mistake like that is
dangerous.  One could attach the same search code to a bound TextBox and the
same bad things would happen.  It is nothing that is unique about a ComboBox.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...
RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

0
Rick
10/31/2007 12:38:21 AM
If I understand correctly, you want to find a drug using either mnemonic1 or
mnemonic2.  How does that relate the the drug's record?  Are the mnemonics
fields in the same record with the drug?
--

"Carl" wrote:

> 	What then is the best solution? I have a query that among
> other fields pulls 2 text fields that are mnemonics for a single item.
> Call them mnemonic1 and mnemonic2. It is a select query for a report
> that has a macro attached to initiate a popup form with the combo box.
> The current row source for the combo box is mnemonic1 from table PDM
> and [Forms]![frm_Select Drug by mnemonic][combobox] is the criteria
> for mnemonic1 in the query.This all works well but I can't search
> mnemonic2 this way. A drug like Lanoxin 0.125mg tab may have a
> mnemonic1= L125T or mnemonic2=LANO1T, both of which would callup the
> drug.
>
> 	I have been trying to be able to search as a query parameter
> both mnemonic1 and mnemonic2 easily with one entry. I am unable to do
> an append query because the table is generated from a server that will
> not allow it and for some reason I have been unsuccessful at making a
> union query.
>
> Select PDM.mnemonic1 from PDM
> Union All Select PDM.mnemonic2 from PDM
>
> 	Even if it did work I am unsure about how to bring together
> the union query, select query and combo box.
> 	Is there no way to create an appended field  (mnemonic1
> appended with mnemonic2) within the query via some language to make
> that work?
>
> 	Thank you and sorry if my terminology is incorrect as I am
> very new to this.
>
> Carl
>

> OnLet me qualify that by saying for Primary or Unique key values.
> If you use a bound combo to search for a record using a primary key,
> you
> change the value of the primary key for the current record.  I doubt
> seriously any wants to do that on purpose.
>
> > While ComboBoxes *can* be used for searching that is not what they are used
> > for the vast majority of the time.
>
> Depends on who is doing the development.  I use combo's sparingly.
> Hard
> coded value lists often require modification and redeployment.
> table or query row sources can degrade performance.
> It is all a matter of style.
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Rick Brandt" wrote:
>
> > Klatuu wrote:
> > > SteveM is correct.
> > > There is one thing you need to be aware of.  Using combo boxes as
> > > bound controls can be dangerous.  If you select a different item from
> > > the combo that the current value, it will change the value and
> > > therefore change the bound field.  It is usually best to use combos
> > > only as unbound search controls.
> >
> > Huh?  What if changing the bound value in the table is the desired result?
> >
> > While ComboBoxes *can* be used for searching that is not what they are used
> > for the vast majority of the time.
> >
> > --
> > Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
> > Email (as appropriate) to...
> > RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

Rick,
I think you are over reacting the the word dangerous.  Perhaps I could have
used a better word.  I have no issue with using combos to load specific
values into a bound field.  As I said before, I try to minimize using them
because over use of combos, particularly those with row sources that will
pull large volumes of data, for performance reasons.  You cannot deny a form
with a lot of combos loads more slowly.  But, for navigating to a specific
record, it has to be unbound.

You know you have seen posts here where people are getting key violationg
errors because they are using a bound combo to search for a record.  That is
the danger.
--

"Rick Brandt" wrote:

> Klatuu wrote:
> > Let me qualify that by saying for Primary or Unique key values.
> > If you use a bound combo to search for a record using a primary key,
> > you change the value of the primary key for the current record.  I
> > doubt seriously any wants to do that on purpose.
>
> But one would never use a bound ComboBox to search for a record.  It is either
> bound OR used for searching.  To say that it is dangerous to use a bound
> ComboBox to perform searches makes no sense because you would never do that.
>
> However, to state as you did "Using combo boxes as bound controls can be
> dangerous" is just plain wrong.  A bound ComboBox does exactly the same thing as
> any other bound control.  You change its value and that new value is written to
> the table which is exactly what one would expect a bound control to do.
>
> Now if one attaches "search code" to a bound ComboBox it will not behave as
> desired, but that is just a mistake and any coding mistake like that is
> dangerous.  One could attach the same search code to a bound TextBox and the
> same bad things would happen.  It is nothing that is unique about a ComboBox.
>
> --
> Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
> Email (as appropriate) to...
> RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

Yes that is correct. Both are in the same record. The PDM table is linked to
a current history table, but I didn't think that would matter to solve the
search problem. Searching by the mnemonic brings up all the people on that
drug and when it was started...

Carl

Klatuu wrote:
>If I understand correctly, you want to find a drug using either mnemonic1 or
>mnemonic2.  How does that relate the the drug's record?  Are the mnemonics
>fields in the same record with the drug?
>> 	What then is the best solution? I have a query that among
>> other fields pulls 2 text fields that are mnemonics for a single item.
>[quoted text clipped - 53 lines]
>> > While ComboBoxes *can* be used for searching that is not what they are used
>> > for the vast majority of the time.

0
Carlgardner
10/31/2007 2:41:20 PM
It shoud be fairly straight forward. You could use an unbound combo with a
union query that will include a list of each unique mnemonic:

SELECT DISTINCT mnemonic1 FROM DrugTable;
UNION SELECT DISTINCT mnemonic2 FROM DrugTable;

--

"Carlgardner" wrote:

> Yes that is correct. Both are in the same record. The PDM table is linked to
> a current history table, but I didn't think that would matter to solve the
> search problem. Searching by the mnemonic brings up all the people on that
> drug and when it was started...
>
> Carl
>
> Klatuu wrote:
> >If I understand correctly, you want to find a drug using either mnemonic1 or
> >mnemonic2.  How does that relate the the drug's record?  Are the mnemonics
> >fields in the same record with the drug?
> >> 	What then is the best solution? I have a query that among
> >> other fields pulls 2 text fields that are mnemonics for a single item.
> >[quoted text clipped - 53 lines]

I will try the union query again, but previously it kept coming back with a
syntax error but I don't think I used DISTINCT and I used ALL. Just to
reclarify, you cannot created an appended field within a query itself...only
in a table?

Klatuu wrote:
>It shoud be fairly straight forward. You could use an unbound combo with a
>union query that will include a list of each unique mnemonic:
>
>SELECT DISTINCT mnemonic1 FROM DrugTable;
>UNION SELECT DISTINCT mnemonic2 FROM DrugTable;
>
>> Yes that is correct. Both are in the same record. The PDM table is linked to
>> a current history table, but I didn't think that would matter to solve the
>[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]

0
Carlgardner
10/31/2007 3:53:35 PM
what do you mean by "appended field"?
--

"Carlgardner" wrote:

> I will try the union query again, but previously it kept coming back with a
> syntax error but I don't think I used DISTINCT and I used ALL. Just to
> reclarify, you cannot created an appended field within a query itself...only
> in a table?
>
> Klatuu wrote:
> >It shoud be fairly straight forward. You could use an unbound combo with a
> >union query that will include a list of each unique mnemonic:
> >
> >SELECT DISTINCT mnemonic1 FROM DrugTable;
> >UNION SELECT DISTINCT mnemonic2 FROM DrugTable;
> >
> >> Yes that is correct. Both are in the same record. The PDM table is linked to
> >> a current history table, but I didn't think that would matter to solve the
> >[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]

I suppose a new field of the union of the 2 mnemonic fields within the
original query so I could attach the form with the combo box in it. I was
worried that if I do get the UNION query to work, can I then attach the form
to mnemonic1 as before and still have it popup when the report starts?

Klatuu wrote:
>what do you mean by "appended field"?
>> I will try the union query again, but previously it kept coming back with a
>> syntax error but I don't think I used DISTINCT and I used ALL. Just to
>[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]

0
Carlgardner
10/31/2007 4:42:37 PM
Sorry, Carl, I am not understanding what you are asking.
--

"Carlgardner" wrote:

> I suppose a new field of the union of the 2 mnemonic fields within the
> original query so I could attach the form with the combo box in it. I was
> worried that if I do get the UNION query to work, can I then attach the form
> to mnemonic1 as before and still have it popup when the report starts?
>
> Klatuu wrote:
> >what do you mean by "appended field"?
> >> I will try the union query again, but previously it kept coming back with a
> >> syntax error but I don't think I used DISTINCT and I used ALL. Just to
> >[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]

Thank you for your time...I will work on the union query

carl
Klatuu wrote:
>Sorry, Carl, I am not understanding what you are asking.
>> I suppose a new field of the union of the 2 mnemonic fields within the
>> original query so I could attach the form with the combo box in it. I was
>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

0
Carlgardner

Hiding Macro Buttons when right-clicking>Hiding Columns
I've recorded a macro on a spreadsheet and assigned it to a button. I'd like to hide that button along with several columns using the right-click>Hide command. When I hide the columns, the button is still there. Is there anyway to hide the botton with those columns, maybe by embedding the button in a cell? Thanks -- Brooks For the button properties, check to move and size with cells. Then it will hide when you hid the underlying column or row. Richard Choate "Brooks" <brooks.b.finnegan@accenture.com> wrote in message news:023901c34bc4$0a249a30$a301280a@p...

Common Dilaog Box
Well I just want to call a common dialog box e.g. CFontDialog and then want to change the color of any od the edit control inside that dialog box. If possible reply me back to rupak_das@yahoo.com Bye Rupak N.B : If u can give the source code its better. Have you looked at CWnd::CtlColor()? It is used for just such purposes! "rupak" <rupak_das@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:0b8d01c38109$abfdeda0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Well I just want to call a common dialog box e.g. > CFontDialog and then want to change the color of any od > the edit control inside ...

Copying matched criteria plus relevant columns to new worksheet
I want to use code in a macro to search for criteria in a worksheet which allows the matched data to be copied (along with other relevant columns) to another worksheet in the same file. Would this involve some sort of loop? Any help apreciated. Thanks in advance, Matt there are several ways to do it. if you want to copy a hundred cells for three columns every time something in row 3 is matched somehting like the following could be used. sub try() tar=1 ' target column in sheet 2 for c = 1 to 34 step 3 ' this will be the look up column in sheet 1 if sheets("Sheet1&quo...

Please help me .... (CListCtrl multi-line column)
Dear all, I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data displayed in the control contains multiple lines. By default, the control displays the multiple-line text in a single line. In the multiple-line text, it uses "\r\n" (CR-LF). How can I set the column of CListCtrl to display the column text in multiple line like the data cell in Excel? -- Kathy This is the nearest i can find. Hope it helps http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/lists,treesandcombos/article.php/c2291/ "Kathy" wrote: > Dear all, > > I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data di...

Click to Open Record from an Unbound Text Box
Hi All, Getting close I think. I have an unbound text box on a subform that lists items from a table (tblSENEIncidentLog2008). The subform is on my Main Form. I am trying to make it so when I click on an item from my ListBox, it loads the form and goes to that record. Right now, when I click on an item on the subform FROM MY MAIN MENU, it opens the form, but it only goes to the FIRST record of the form and shows Filtered. When I click on it with JUST the subform open, it seems to work fine. This is what I have in my List box (ListSAR) on the subform: In the After Update: Private S...

getting data into columns
I have to get data into columns. the data is in rows for example cell B (W436), cell B2 (X32), cell B3 (Y4639890), cell B4 (Z58911) cell C (X453), cell C2 (Z54786), cell C3 (W213), C4 (Y576). I need to get th data in order. Then into W,X,Y,Z columns so the data all lines up. Thanks to all, Willia -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi You don't make it clear from your post which values go into which columns. You'll probably need something including OFFSET() but without understanding your task it's difficult to advise. -- Andy. "William >" <<...

Overwrite changes dialogue box
After updating Excel 2003, upon closing after making changes and dialagoue box appears with the option of saving a copy or overwrite changes? Anyone know how to turn this annoying feature off. ...

Re: How can I stop Outlook to run subsequent rules from VBA function bound to currently running rule
And I thought to use Rule's olRuleActionStop in VBA. . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

Inverting the contents of a column question
In Excel I have a column that has a word in each cell from cells A1 to A20. How can I invert this column of words, for example into column B so that the contents of A1 fills B20 and A2 fills B19 etc. Thanks. hi enter the following formula in A1 =OFFSET($B$20,-(ROW(1:1)-1),0) and copy down -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "stuart" <stuart@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C2F12AA8-E482-43AC-AA77-1EF4BFDCC082@microsoft.com... > In Excel I have a column that has a word in each cell from cells A1 to A20. How can I invert this column of words, fo...

excel 2000 vs 2003: drop-down box locking issues
Hi, I've been using drop down list boxes in an excel 2003 worksheet. In 2003, I am able to lock the cell with the drop down box and protect the worksheet, which then prevents anyone from selecting a new value from the drop down boxes and changing the contents of that cell. However, when I try the same procedure in excel 2000, the drop down box never locks (though it's property says it's locked), and can still allow new selections from the box. Does anyone know of a workaround for this, or is this just a flaw in 2000? Thanks! In Excel 2000 and earlier versions, you can...

Allotment Details area and the Total Cases/Minutes box
Scenario: Service Contract Template with allotment type set to time. Contract created with that template and contract line set accordingly with 121 total hours, units in hours and in the Case/Minutes box i entered 7260 (multiplicity of 121 and 60). When i create a case and had it resolved for a period of 3 days. The allotments remaining only decrement by one. Whats going on. Thanks ...

How can I see column headings of hidden columns in Excel before u.
I have a large spreadsheet with several columns hidden. I want to unhide a specific column that I know has a column name of Project Owner. How can I determine which column to unhide to see the desired column without unhiding all of the columns? I tried the find feature, but that did not help. assuming you have your name in row 1 of the column, you could use MATCH or in vba you could use FIND Sub findcol() Columns(Rows(1).Find("yournamehere").Column).Hidden = False End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Beachcomber" <Beachcomber@discussions.m...

line and column numbers
Hi In Word'03 I am trying to find out how you would insert text into a document at line and column number reference points . so I know that on page 1 and 2 and 3 I would like to enter the value of "1" at Ln 1 Col 35 how would I do this in VBA code. Thanks for your help. Rob -- robhargreaves ------------------------------------------------------------------------ robhargreaves's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25519 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=392120 The best way is to cheat: record t...

Create a Receive Only Mail Box
Hello, I am a newbie to Exchange. Sometimes we need to have a mailbox support users that should not have the ability to originate emails but simply to receive from others in the organization. Taking it a step further, these user may need to have the ability to reply to the sender. How would it be possible to create such a user account in Exchange? It is in a Windows 200x Active Directory environment. Thanks, OKI you can set a mailbox to not be able to send by prohibiting send at 1K...but you're contradicting your first objective by then saying that the users might need to reply to...

Unwanted contacts appear in lower right-hand corner of WLM in box
Occasionally when getting mail from my inbox a pop-up will appear in the lower right-hand corner from unwanted/unknown contacts - in that box is the word OPTIONS - highlighted in blue and underlined - do I right-click on OPTIONS to add that unwanted contact to my blocked sender list? The pop-up vanishes so quickly I can't successfully add the domain, etc. to my blocked sender list. -- Bugsy That sounds like Windows messenger not Windows Live Mail... wrong group? "Its My Bug" <ItsMyBug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34CAA062-0FEC-49B0-...

Column heading changed from letters to numbers
Using Excel 2000, all my spreadsheets have changed from having letters at the top of the columns to numbers. How do I change back? Joe Busch Tools / Options / General / Uncheck 'R1C1 reference Style' -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "joe busch" <jbusch@ui.u...

How can I add the "To" column heading to show up in ALL email fold
I have over 500 folders in my Outlook 2003. One for each customer, etc. I desperately need the "to" column to show up as default between the "From" and "Subject" for all my customer folders. This is because there are emails in each customer folder that are sent to various recipients so I need a way to find those fast. Outlook seems to omit this "to" gray cell in their default column settings. I know that you can do this to each folder individually be going in to the "Customize View" and selecting the "field" button but this...

Wrong Columns for Credit Card
I recently started using Money 2006 and setup my Direct Merchants Bank Mastercard to update automatically through online updates. Everything downloads and gets entered into the account, but it would appear that charges are going into the credit column and credits are going into the charge column. This means that when I try to categorize a payment from my bank account to the credit card, it shows up in the correct column in the credit card account, but this throws everything in that account off. Why is it acting so strangely? My Amex card updates correctly and puts the transactions in...

Moving mulple columns, guru needed...
Ok, I am not sure if this is possible in excel, but a friend asked me if I could help him with a problem, so here it goes: Ok, Imagine a Excel spreadsheet file (A) with about a dozen columns filled with information, now the majority of the information in (A) is gotten from a different spread sheet (B) created by somebody else in a different state. Now A would have already other existing info from other B transfers from different dates, so A would be added onto and B's are always created new from scratch each day, for that day only. A is basically a running total for every day, and...

adjusting the height of text boxes in a report
I'm creating a report that is required to be in a specific format which has a text box in the detail followed by a subreport directly to the right of the text box. The subreport will grow depending on the amount of data. What I want is the text box adjacent to it to be sized on the report equal to the subreport. What I've tried writing is: Dim height as interger height = reports.item("subreport").windowheight me.textbox.height = height but I get the error stating that subreport cannot be found. Is this the right code or what am I doing wrong. Thanks Dan Reports...

text files open with all data in first column
When I open a text file using Excel, I get the wizard and open it with no problems. But if someone else tries to open it at their workstation, they can not open it, all the data is in the first column >>they can not open it, all the data is in the first column They can't open the file and yet they get data? Basically, if a text file has a CSV extension it should open without the Text Import Wizard and parse automatically by commas or semicolons, whichever is the list separator character under Window Regional Settings on the machine. Otherwise (any other extension) the TIW s...

Macro to Combine 2 columns to make one column without merging
I found this macro courtesy of Dave: Option Explicit Sub testme02() Dim myRng As Range Dim myArea As Range Dim myRow As Range Dim myCell As Range Dim myStr As String Set myRng = Selection Application.DisplayAlerts = False For Each myArea In myRng.Areas If myArea.Columns.Count > 1 Then For Each myRow In myArea.Rows myStr = "" For Each myCell In myRow.Cells myStr = myStr & " " & myCell.Text Next myCell myRow.Merge acros...

Multiple Combo Boxes Highlighted
Hi, I have a problem with something in VB6. I have 4 combo boxes with individual names (not an array) located on an SSTab object. When I select another tab and then return to the tab these boxes are located on, each of them appears to be highlighted in blue. I add values to them only when loading the form so I'm at a loss as to why this happens ? Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jen. "Jennifer Ward" <jward@comcast.net> wrote in message news:eq5HrcBrKHA.6064@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a problem with someth...

My text does not show in a connecting text box?

Multiple Columns
How can I get Excel to convert one long column of data into multiple columns for printing. so as not to wast paper ( Without cutting and pasting ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "seendcleeve" <seendcleeve.x59yy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:seendcleeve.x59yy@excelforum-nospam.com... > > How can I get Excel to convert one long column of d...