Before Update on record select

I am getting no where fast. I have a main form and sub form and what i need
is a message to appear when user moves on to the next record using the record
selector on the bottom of the form. I have tried the beforeupdate on the form
but no results. Can form design prevent a message prompt?

One problem is that if no changes to the current record have been changed,
the Before Update event will not fire.
If you do make a change, the code as is should work.
I have gotten into the habbit of not using the standard record navigators,
but write my own so I can easily deal with this.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"jk" wrote:

> That was it. I am using a code that was kindly provided from this news group
> as follows:
>
> Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
>
> Resp = MsgBox("DO YOU WANT TO CONTINUE TO NEXT CUSTOMER?", vbYesNo, "Stop!")
>   If Resp = vbNo Then
>      Cancel = True
>   End If
>
> End Sub
>
> Message comes up but even answering the prompt with " NO" ,  it still allows
> the user to click the recorder selector to move onto the next customer. What
> needs to be changed for the message to really work?
>
> "Klatuu" wrote:
>
> > You want the form Current Event.  It fires each time the record changes.
> > --
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "jk" wrote:
> >
> > > I am getting no where fast. I have a main form and sub form and what i need
> > > is a message to appear when user moves on to the next record using the record
> > > selector on the bottom of the form. I have tried the beforeupdate on the form
> > > but no results. Can form design prevent a message prompt?

Can't edit publisher_address_list after appending records with Acc
With Office 2000 if I create a publisher_address_list and then use Access to append records to it, I cannot use the Edit publisher_address_list feature in Publisher to edit or add records. Is there a setting I need to change? ...

Update Links Slow
My supervisor just showed me a monthly process I am to inherit. Basically it involves these steps: 1. Copy Last month's files to This month's folder. 2. Rename the files. 3. Update the links to point to the new-name files instead of the files in last month's folder with last month's name. She says that to do this, it is faster if you copy everything to the local hard drive, update the links to refer to local files. Refresh the links. Then upload back to the network and change the links to refer to network files and then refresh the links again. She said t...

Item record in RM00101
Does anyone know how an item record is entered into RM00101? I only have one in there and I can't figure out how it got there. Thanks. Chris, Do you mean there is an inventory item in there? If so, most likely there was either a data entry error or an import direct to table error. If that's not what you mean, can you please elaborate? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AEA12C29-07...

selecting rows using a variable
I am using excel 2003 and I need to select rows using a variable. Here is what I have now: Dim name As String name = Range("e800") ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("individual stats").Range("a1:a1540").Select Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True Dim Start As Integer Dim finish As Integer Start = Application.WorksheetFunction.Lookup(name, Range("Q800:Q881"), Range("t800:t881")) finish = Application.WorksheetFunction.Lookup(name, Range("Q800:Q881"), Range("u800:u881")) ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("individual stats&q...

select and delete all blank rows
I could save a lot of time if I knew how to select and delete all blank rows from a document, and also separate things. An example of separating things would be a list contains fruits, vegetables and meat. I could separate all the fruits from the list easily. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then clic...

Failed Updates 06-26-10
Usually when I try to install updates, a message will appear indicating that the process has failed. When I allow Windows to automatically install updates, however, my Internet connection fails and I then have to do a system restore to remove the updates so that I can use the Internet again. Can you please help me with this, as I do want to be able to update my computer with programs and anti-virus updates without losing my Internet connection each time? Thanks. Allen • Which version of the Windows operating system am I running? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...

Signature Button / Selection Option
In my old windows Outlook program Windows 98 I was able to select or set up e-mail for a variety of signatures from the toolbar. It appears that XP either does not offer this option or I can't locate it. Mike <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In my old windows Outlook program Windows 98 I was able > to select or set up e-mail for a variety of signatures > from the toolbar. It appears that XP either does not > offer this option or I can't locate it. What version of Outlook are you using now? -- Brian Tillman ...

Selecting a named range, the name of the named range is in a cell
What i want to do is the following : I have a cell which i have named "ExtraRisk". This cell contains text : example "Electricity", which is also the name of a range. Now i want to select this named range "Electricity" & copy the range How do i do this. What i have so far is : Sub Risicos_toevoegen() ..... Sheets("MASTER").Select 'I'm stuck here.... Application.Goto Reference:="ExtraRisk" 'I do not want to copy the named range "ExtraRisk", but i want to copy the named range where the va...

money keeps updating in the background
money 2007 keeps updating in the background I am not able to stop it from doing that, It keeps trying to download information but I can see my accounts and transactions, this happened when I upgraded to money 2007 from 2006. I can't do anything. any help will be appreciate. In microsoft.public.money, John Gutierrez wrote: >money 2007 keeps updating in the background I am not able to stop it from >doing that, It keeps trying to download information but I can see my accounts >and transactions, this happened when I upgraded to money 2007 from 2006. I >can't do anything...

Split Form with need to Provide Selection List
We have an Access 2007 application that has a split form (built on Table-1). We now need to add some type of facility that will allow our users to view data from Table-2 (while working on the Split form based on Table-1). They will then select one row from Table-2 which will contain 6 fields which we need to plug into Table-1. We are still fairly new to Access and we are not sure of the best way to accomplish this task. Thank You, Brad ...

Line selection for formating in Excel chart
Have "plain vanilla" line chart in excel spread sheet. Data series consist of several lines closely space. Normally I can select and RClick a single series for formating such as line color and thickness. Is it possible to simultaneously select all data series to change a common format such as line thickness. I'd like to do this without individually selecting each line while the control key is depressed. (lazy and not that good-a shot). ~Dave Hi, No you can not select multiple series, like you can with shape objects. The only time saver is, select 1 on the series and the f...

Take a look at the important update from the Microsoft Corporation
--emiqbvbiclcqkp Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yifoawvdossxi"; type="multipart/alternative" --yifoawvdossxi Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="jcntgvofppoyqzlc" --jcntgvofppoyqzlc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install ...

Select data for plot
I want to create a simple line chart for each project; but need the ability for the user to not plot a particular project (Y 0r N) Proj1 Proj2 Proj3 Proj4 Y Y Y N 11.3% 8.5% 1.8% 0.9% 16.1% 12.4% 3.7% 1.5% 21.3% 16.6% 6.9% 3.9% Any ideas? Thanks Saintsman So far you have Proj1 through Proj4 Data. Add four more columns for Proj1 through Proj4 Chart. Assuming there is also a first column for some kind of categories or dates, Proj1 Data is column D, Proj1 Chart is column F, row 2 has the Y/N.... then put this formula in F3: =IF(B$2="Y",B3,NA()) fill this formula across to colu...

How to update a specific field from a Find Duplicates querie
I have to update 1 table that has multiple duplications. If i search for duplicate on Field1, Field2, and Field3 all matching, i receive many duplicates where Field4 and Field 5 are different and/or Null. What do i need to do to the query so that Field4 and Field5 will be automatically updated when the duplicate is found? Current: Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Field5 Mike Smith 1234 KEEP Mike Smith 1234 DELETE 9012 Desire result: Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Field5 Mike Smith 1234 KEEP 9012 (...

Allowing Multi-Select Lists
In 'Working with Dynamics CRM 3.0', I found code to allow for mult-select lists in a form. I have tried this and it does not seem to work. It does not pull the selected item into ntext box. Has anyone else tried this code,or can MS people answer this? Where is the code? I think there should be some JavaScript that you need to modify. :) Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On Mar 14, 4:45 pm, Onetreeup <Onetre...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In 'Working with Dynamics CRM 3.0', I found code to allow for mult-select > lists in a for...

Filter eliminating records without and detail records
I need a filter to be able to hide records that don't have any records in the detail form. My example is Member Master and Event Detail. If there is no data in the Event Detail, I need to hide that Member Master record. Change the Can Shrink property in the form to yes. "Jeannie" wrote: > I need a filter to be able to hide records that don't have any records in the > detail form. My example is Member Master and Event Detail. If there is no > data in the Event Detail, I need to hide that Member Master record. I think you have a main form bound to the [Memb...

Deleting blank records when aform is closed or a button is click.
We are have a somewhat of an annoying problem with one of our database forms. Everytime we open the form it creates a new record, even if you close the form or cancelled it. We are trying to figure out a way to not create a blank record in our database everytime the form is opened. I tried: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDeleteRecord DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name DoCmd.OpenForm "Invoice Database Launch", acNormal but the blank record is still showing up. So, is there a way to tell access not to create a record if the form is close or the cancel button is clicked. Thanks "Ayo&qu...

Generate selective query results
Who can give me advice? In a table I am storing the information of apartments and their total surface area in square meters within a building. When I select an apartment within a building in a form, I would like to print a report of maximum 10 equivalent apartments of approximately the same size (surface area ± 2 m2). Of these apartments I would like to see the apartment number and the size of the surface area. I tried the Top 10 option but that does not give me the correct result. Key of the table is the building number (CPX_NUMBER). The fieldname of the apartment is VHE_NUMBER ...

Cannot open url's after IE8 Update noe Rollback to IE7
Using a Toshiba laptop with Windows XP SP3 which has McAfee Security Center on it. Important to note, the subscription is current EXCEPT that the McAfee firewall portion is saying it is out of date..... I will address this further below. IE8 diagnose the problem tells me my network is perfectly fine and that ftp, http, and https all work. Firefox works. Someone logging in remotely to my machine works. Ping yahoo.com works. I have reset my all in one DSL modem/router but that did not matter ** SO ** I uninstalled IE8 which took the machine back down to IE7. Why did I do t...

When I protect it will not allow me to only select the unlocked ce
Hi, I am using XP, i have never had this problem before. When I protect the worksheet and I say that I want to only select the unlocked sells it automatically puts a check mark in select locked cells. Anyone have any suggestions as to what is going on. Thank you. -- Though daily learning, I LOVE EXCEL! Jennifer Excel defaults to allow users to select both. If you untick Select locked cells, it works fine "Jennifer" wrote: > Hi, > I am using XP, i have never had this problem before. When I protect the > worksheet and I say that I want to only select the unlocked se...

new appointment --> record unavailable error
When trying to create a new appointment, upon save get the error: "The record that you are requesting is currently unavailable. Either the record was not found or you do not have sufficient security permissions to view it." Upon clicking "Ok" I get the error: "General failure in scheduling engine" with a "Ignore and Save" button which will save the appointment, but still marks the appointment as having a General failure in scheduling engine from then on. I am going crazy on this one, anyone a suggestion? thanks, Robert the first error might be ...

Salvage Result
Does anybody know how to fix a money file ? I mean, if the salvage tool doesn't work ? Do you have any problems besides this message? Many people do not have problems but get this message. Given this, some of us just consider that a spurious message and get on with life. "Persio Aran" <Persio Aran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB7AA917-9119-4A30-B723-E5C5DB5FB4CF@microsoft.com... > Does anybody know how to fix a money file ? I mean, if the salvage tool > doesn't work ? ...

Removing Item Site Records
Is there a way to remove unused Item Site Records? (item quantities maintenance window) all at one time? We have contracts that continuously end, so we will never use the component again, All these records have zero inventory. We have about 200,000 records that are empty. -- Doug If you have access to Customer Source search it. There is a SQL script to remove them. Not sure if I can post the script here, but basically you delete records from IV00102 where the Locncode = 'your site' and the qtys are zero "Doug" wrote: > Is there a way to r...

Error after importing organisation
Hi, After importing one organisation into another, we are getting the error 'Record is Unavailable. The selected record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it'. We get this when just trying to load/access the home page on crm 4.0. Any suggestions? Many thanks Matt ...

fail when try to select field from an entity view
Hello, I have a problem when I am tryin to select a field from an entity main viewalthough I succeed to do that when I open a session from a the CRM Server. Can somone help to find an explaination. I should mention that even when I open a session from a client machine I use the administrator credentials Thanks in advance Try adding about:blank to the trusted sites in IE and check. HTH, Niths "Ahmed Maaloul" wrote: > Hello, I have a problem when I am tryin to select a field from an entity main > viewalthough I succeed to do that when I open a session from a the CRM >...