Before Update on record select

I am getting no where fast. I have a main form and sub form and what i need
is a message to appear when user moves on to the next record using the record
selector on the bottom of the form. I have tried the beforeupdate on the form
but no results. Can form design prevent a message prompt?

One problem is that if no changes to the current record have been changed,
the Before Update event will not fire.
If you do make a change, the code as is should work.
I have gotten into the habbit of not using the standard record navigators,
but write my own so I can easily deal with this.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"jk" wrote:

> That was it. I am using a code that was kindly provided from this news group
> as follows:
>
> Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
>
> Resp = MsgBox("DO YOU WANT TO CONTINUE TO NEXT CUSTOMER?", vbYesNo, "Stop!")
>   If Resp = vbNo Then
>      Cancel = True
>   End If
>
> End Sub
>
> Message comes up but even answering the prompt with " NO" ,  it still allows
> the user to click the recorder selector to move onto the next customer. What
> needs to be changed for the message to really work?
>
> "Klatuu" wrote:
>
> > You want the form Current Event.  It fires each time the record changes.
> > --
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "jk" wrote:
> >
> > > I am getting no where fast. I have a main form and sub form and what i need
> > > is a message to appear when user moves on to the next record using the record
> > > selector on the bottom of the form. I have tried the beforeupdate on the form
> > > but no results. Can form design prevent a message prompt?

Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB980248) -- No more fonts available!
cf. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/f7fa37ca-683c-4be1-b4ad-ab2dd1249399 PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote: > Are you running Vista SP1 or Vista SP2? Is Office 2010 installed? > > Was KB980248 offered & eventually installed via Windows Update or did you > (attempt to) install it manually? > > What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your > subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than > Defender)? > What third-party firewall (if any)? > > Has a(another) Norton or McAfee ap...

Incorrect Office Updates in Microsoft Update
Hello I recently did clean installs of XP and Win7 on 2 different PCs. Each PC was loaded with Office 2007. When I ran Microsoft Update after the Office installs, it shows I needed Office 2007 SP1, not SP2. I manually downloaded and installed Office 2007 SP2 and then checked Windows Updates for any needed patches. It still showed I needed Office 2007 SP1...even though I just installed SP2. Does anyone know how to 1) have Office SP2 show up as a needed update instead of SP1, and 2) how to configure Windows Update to show that no SP is needed after SP2 is installed? th...

Update Manager
Everytime I boot up my PC a small window pops up entitled "UPDATE MANAGER". It shows two progress bars, but nothing ever happens. Why is this window popping up every tiem I turn on the computer and how do I get it to stop? It never used to do this, it just statred lately. Thankyou. tony Because you installed something which features an update manager "Omaha Tony" <OmahaTony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A08659C0-1560-4E8C-8A1C-76A5B1DBB1F8@microsoft.com... > Everytime I boot up my PC a small window pops up entitled "UP...

Help With Strange Error When Trying to Save Any Record
I am getting astrane error happens when try to create any new record (Customer, Item, Vendor or Account), the system gives me a message that "Save Operation Failed" and when i click "More Info" the error message is "Could not find stored procedure 'DYNAMICS.dbo.aagGetCompanyStatus'", although i have created alot of items, customers, accounts and vendors before but suddenly this error appeared. Any quick help will be highly appreciated. It would appear that the AAG has something to do with a product produced by American Association of Geographers. I...

automatic office updates
Is there a way to configure a PC to receive Office Updates automatically like Windows Update? Thanks. Jeff Via MicrosoftUpdate as apposed to windowsupdate, and then configuring how you update. eg automatic or download and notify "J Miller" <jmiller@*nospam*pcsdps.org> wrote in message news:456db17c$0$81355$ae4e5890@news.nationwide.net... > Is there a way to configure a PC to receive Office Updates automatically > like Windows Update? > > Thanks. > > > Jeff > > Yes. Microsoft updates does this. What version of Office do you use? -- Diane...

Outlook 2000 doesn't respond after downloading MS update!!
Luckily, my Outlook Express seems to work, but my Outlook 2000 will open, but if I click on a message or do Anything, it FREEZES. HELP!! I rely on calendar functions, other things. HOW could MS allow an update that screws up their own programs? I did restore - to no avail. I lent CD to someone, so can't do "repair." (Trying to get a hold of friend) Please help! I'm in process of job hunt & really need Outlook to function... Thanks, Sherry Did you recently apply SP3 for Office/Outlook 2000 and is Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode? If yes, you...

can't update office xp
I can't download the latest updates for office xp. I get a "hotfix" error. I also can't have microsoft check my computer for installed updates. it just tells me that my computer is unable to communicate with microsoft. >-----Original Message----- >I can't download the latest updates for office xp. I get >a "hotfix" error. I also can't have microsoft check my >computer for installed updates. it just tells me that my >computer is unable to communicate with microsoft. >. >guess no one has any reply to this, should I reload outloo...

Cannot Print a selection of ToDo's
I have a user who is having an issue when attempting to print a selection of his Todo list. The print dialog will appear but as soon as he clicks either print or print preview the dialog dissapears and no jobs are sent to the print que. He is able to print other documents to this printer and the issue occurs with all other printers installed (including a PDF printer). Computer is running Vista business 32 bit w/ Vista SP2. Office 2007 Small Business with Office SP2. ...

Changing the Selection Fields in a Combo Box
Hi, I've created a Combo Box using the Controls Wizard. In creating the control, I specified that my unique value to be stored in the table is an ID. When the user views the selection options in the Combo Box, I'd like to have the ID field hidden and only see the text values, while still storing the ID in the appropriate column. This is probably a second question. Also, when the user views a form that has been populated, I'd like them to see the actual textual values on the form, as just the stored ID value. Is that possible to do with the one Combo Box or is that...

Need help with update sql plus filter
I have the following update sql (copied from the query design view) UPDATE ListQry SET ListQry.ApprovalStatusID = [Forms]![OpeningForm]![Responsibility] WHERE (((ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)<[Forms]![OpeningForm]![Responsibility] And (ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)>-1) AND ((ListQry.OtherStatusID)>300)) OR (((ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)<[Forms]![OpeningForm]![Responsibility] And (ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)>-1) AND ((ListQry.OtherStatusID) Is Null)); ApprovalStatusID is an integer OtherStatusID is an integer ListQry is the recordsource for my form. I would like to add the f...

Copy data from one record to a new record on a sub form
I have a form showing patient details with a sub form displaying all associated referral details for the patient. One patient can have more than one referral and I would like to be able to copy data from some of the fields on the current referral when adding a new referral for the same patient. Is this possible? Thank you for your help I am fairly new to Access code and I am having some problem following your suggestion could you please simplify. Also some of the fields on the referral records are selected via a combo box will these fields still copy? "Klatuu" wrote: > ...

selecting multiple choices from a drop down list
I have a drop down list in a cell and I want to be able to selec multiple entries from that list. Does anyone know how I go this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If this is a data validation list, you could use code to compile a list of selected items. For example, if the data validation is in column C, the following code will store the selected items in the same row in column D: '============================= Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim rngDV As Range Application.EnableEvents = False If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub On Error Resume N...

Excel link update question
I need to maintain an excel workbook which contains a lot of links to other workbooks. Since the linked workbooks change every week, I need to change all the links accordingly. For example, a cell with formula "='[aug_28.xls]sheet1' !A10" will be changed into "='[sep_4.xls]sheet1'!A10". I tried to do this with Find/Replace. However, the link is updated every time it is changed. The link updating takes a couple of seconds. So it may take a hour to finsh it for a workbook with thousands of links. Could anyone tell me how to shut down the link updating when...

Update Query
Access 2003 XP SP2 I am having a problem with an update query. Table is in a one-to-one relationship, referentail integrity and cascading data are checked. (The fileds I want to update are not in both tables) Table name= payForward Has 15 fields ie: ID, Name, MemID, Oct , Nov, Dec, etc Oct-Sep fields are yes/no type I want to "select" a field (Oct-Sep) via a query parameter and repalce "yes" with "no". Here is my query: UPDATE payForward SET [Enter month]=No The messages I get is 'operation must use an updateable query' Wh...

ComboBox passing values from selected
In my form (Items_frm) I have a combo box (Itemcbx) that displays 4 columns (Item, Makebuy, Revision, IsActive) but is bound to the first column. However, I would like to pass the other values from the remaining columns to other fields in my form after the selection. Is this possible? Can someone provide a sample code? You can use the Column() attribute. Me.Itemcbx.Column(1) etc. Note that the index for combo box columns is zero-based so 0 is the first, 1 is the second and so on... Steve "Angel G" wrote: > In my form (Items_frm) I have a combo box (Itemcbx) that displ...

How do I lock a chart so it will not update?
That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in Excel but not all the data cells are used. Everytimg I open the chart it wants to update and I want it to stay the same. Any ideas on how to lock the chart? Hi Just a few ideas: You could lock the cells that are shown in the chart. Or you could copy the cells and paste as values (assuming formulas were used that update when other cells change). -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Locking a Chart" wrote: > That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in ...

List Box Point-to-Select (MouseMove)
I have a list box that shows files from my hard drive. I'd really like to have it select the item being pointed to as I move my mouse pointer over it. I have coded this and it works fine unless the list is scrolled. I need a way to offset my list index to account for how far down the list has been scrolled. I can't find a list box property that will allow me to determine where a scrolled list is positioned. Something giving me the list index of the first visible row would do the trick. I haven't been able to find anything so far. I've tried some VB code that uses the Send...

SP 1 & 2 Updates
I noticed that when I installed the SP 1 & 2 Updates, I could no longer get .zip, .doc, .htm, .exe attachments and anything like that (.jpg and .gif are no problem). Is there a way to enable attachments of other types to come through? I would like to install the Updates, but need to be able to receive attachments. Thanks for your help. ...

Microsoft Update 'left behinds'
Every time I download and install the latest Microsoft Update 'fixes' to XP-Pro, the file space taken up by XP-Pro grows and grows. While this will be an elementary question to many, is some of this XP-Pro file space 'growth' being caused by stuff that the 'fixes' leave behind and files that XP-Pro no longer needs? If so, can these 'left behind' files be gotten rid of so as to reclaim some HD space? Are there any pros and cons to deleting these 'left behind' files? Assuming that these 'left behind' files can be deleted, what i...

BofA Account not updating
My BofA credit card account is not updating in Money 2007 Deluxe. It has not updated since 16 May. Is anyone else having this problem? A call to MS has yielded no results... ...

Other problem with recent update that locks you out without product key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I can't get into my Office anymore either until I locate my product key, but I'm also finding that I'm getting a sound stutter when I watch movies online with Netflix. This wasn't happening before the download and I don't get the stutter when I switch to Windows operating system. Is anyone else having this trouble and have you been able to fix it? Thanks. Hey !! I can't get into my Office anymore either until I locate my product key because on my mac, download updates come through automatically. ...

Simply record expenses in Money 2004
I would like to record my expenses daily, and have Money 2004 calculate the total I spent for the month. My expenses are different every month, and occur a different number of instances each month, so making a budget won't work for me. I won't know what my expenses are, until after I've paid them. I would simply like to record each expense as it happens, and then have Money add up all expenses for each category, as a running total for each category. I've tried doing this by creating a Budget within Money, but I'm forced to choose recurring time periods for when the expen...

Exchange 2007 Mailbox Folder information not updating
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am using Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition in an Exchange 2007 SP1 UR4 environment. I have only been using the Web Services Edition for about a week and prior to that I was using the regular Entourage 2008 client for four months. In any case, the problem I am about to describe occurs in both versions of Entourage 2008. <br><br>Recently my employer's executive group decided to implement Managed Folder Policies to assist in controlling mailbox size. I was the first to...