Before Update on record select

I am getting no where fast. I have a main form and sub form and what i need
is a message to appear when user moves on to the next record using the record
selector on the bottom of the form. I have tried the beforeupdate on the form
but no results. Can form design prevent a message prompt?

One problem is that if no changes to the current record have been changed,
the Before Update event will not fire.
If you do make a change, the code as is should work.
I have gotten into the habbit of not using the standard record navigators,
but write my own so I can easily deal with this.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"jk" wrote:

> That was it. I am using a code that was kindly provided from this news group
> as follows:
>
> Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
>
> Resp = MsgBox("DO YOU WANT TO CONTINUE TO NEXT CUSTOMER?", vbYesNo, "Stop!")
>   If Resp = vbNo Then
>      Cancel = True
>   End If
>
> End Sub
>
> Message comes up but even answering the prompt with " NO" ,  it still allows
> the user to click the recorder selector to move onto the next customer. What
> needs to be changed for the message to really work?
>
> "Klatuu" wrote:
>
> > You want the form Current Event.  It fires each time the record changes.
> > --
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "jk" wrote:
> >
> > > I am getting no where fast. I have a main form and sub form and what i need
> > > is a message to appear when user moves on to the next record using the record
> > > selector on the bottom of the form. I have tried the beforeupdate on the form
> > > but no results. Can form design prevent a message prompt?

cannot see updated DLs in Outlook
With my usual Exchange admins both on vacay, I've been charged with creating/updating distribution lists. We're in a Windows2003 and Exchange2003 environment. I've changed permissions on the DL. Updated them to Global/Distribution in AD and synched the DCs using AD Sites and Services (for grins). Still nothing in the address book on the client side. I'm going to peruse the event logs on the Exchange box next, but meanwhile if any of you have an idea of what's going on.... Thanks, JM You can try the following steps (very basic): 1. Go to ADUC, properties of any one DG...

Last Updated Filed
What event triggers the update of the field LastUpdated in the Items table? Marc This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0280_01C7F013.BD3F8510 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0281_01C7F013.BD3F8510" ------=_NextPart_001_0281_01C7F013.BD3F8510 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Marc, Depends on what version you have as its been fixed and broken many times = over the last year!=20 Look it up on CustomerSource hotfix list. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Poin...

Updating Financial Institutions for Money 2004
I have money 2004 and I am setting up online services. American Funds is not listed as a financial institution. I know American Funds IS listed for Money 2006 after viewing the list of financial institutions supported by 2006 online. Anyone know how to update financial institutions for Money 2004 or do you know why it's not there? In microsoft.public.money, "C Jensen" <C Jensen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have money 2004 and I am setting up online services. American Funds is not >listed as a financial institution. I know American Funds IS listed f...

Take a look at the correction update
--ihqexvwvlznjwudix Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="xuzikszmnh"; type="multipart/alternative" --xuzikszmnh Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="uvrjpsddwlnwfr" --uvrjpsddwlnwfr Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the sec...

Internet Connections / News Updates Money 2004
I know that my internet connection works. I can view webpages with IE and also Money 2004. When I click on the update now links the message says that it goes through but the updates are not showing up. Also, when I am trying to setup my passwords for my bank accounts it needs to connect to the internet but It says I have no internet connection set up. I am using Adelphia Cable as my ISP. I contacted them and they say it is not their end why Money cant connect. I was given a cd to automatically setup my internet I did not manually configure anything. If you know anything about th...

Lowest value in a selection of data
Hi What formula would I use to find the lowest value in a selection of data i.e. B49:E52. Much Appreciated Brian =MIN(B49:E52) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007a Jumping in here... Is it possible to know the address of the cell containing the minimum value? John. You can use the MATCH function to locate the (relative) position, but if you have more than one value which are minima then it will only find the first. Pete On Nov 16, 7:23 pm, John Google <JohnGoo...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: > Jumping in here... > > Is it possible to know the address of the cell containin...

How to you selectively sum on a series of numbers?
I have a column filled with numbers, but I only want to sum up a few of them. Let's say I have numbers filling A1:A10. Let's say I only want to sum up the numbers located is A3 and A4. I'd like to ability to enter something in the b column (e.g. "y" in cells b3 and b4) and have a formula that adds up the values in the "A" cells that have a corresponding "y" in the "B" column. This formula would allow me to selectively choose which cells needs to be summed. What is the best/cleanest way to write that formula? Thank you. =SUMPRODUC...

Using Query by typing " SELECT......"
Hello, When I saw on the addresss sample database, the form Household is uing query by just mentioning SELECT...... My question is how can type SELECT then prompt the table to us. I normally use grid query, what is the difference using grid query of SQL Query ( is it SQL that using SELECT....?) Many thanks for any idea provided -- H. Frank Situmorang The RecordSource property of a form can accept: - a table name - a query name - a SQL statement. You can change the RecordSource property of the form programmatically. For example, if the form currently has a RecordSource of: SELECT ...

Mac Office 2004 Select Version & purchasing Office 2007
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3282203639_150809 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hello, All through the Fall, our University advertised a deal from Microsoft similar to the Super Suite Deal wherein purchasing Microsoft Select Office 2004 Standard Mac for $75 would qualify one to purchase Mac Office 2008 for the $10 (just the S&H charges). Now they inform me that that Microsoft reneged (their word) on that deal and t...

Integration Manager
I have a customer integration which runs fine the first time. If I re-run it it fails with the following message: Beginning integration... DOC 1 ERROR: Internet Information for Address 'PRIMARY' already exists; cannot insert. Integration Failed The destination edit mode is set to Insert and Update. You want to take out the your address information for the integration manager on the next reruns. There are certain fields that will work with integration manager only once. After the first run, the field is then a Key field on another table, in this case the "Address ID" fi...

Recent update 6/8
I recently updated Windows (6/8) and now one of my user accounts is locked. Running XP. I had to use restore after today's updates -- dlg "CowsyW" wrote: > I recently updated Windows (6/8) and now one of my user accounts is locked. > Running XP. ...

Limit selected area
After a sequence of operations I finish up with the desired result within a new spreadsheet. I wish to save this as a file. But the whole spreadsheet seems to be selected. How do I limit the area selected to just the part of the spreadsheet in use, before I perform the Save As operation? Thanks Brian Tozer Brian That is how Excel saves. The entire workbook is saved. If you want a selected area of one worksheet or just one worksheet of many, you would copy that to a new blank workbook and save that workbook using the Save As. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 09:44:55 +1200, &qu...

Some macro help
Lets say I have selected the arbitray range of j31:ax44. I want to run some macro code that will hide every column in that selection where the entire selected column range has nothing in it (blank). Data validation may be assigned to the cells, but if nothing has been selected from the drop down list, then those cells are technically blank. There may be data entered elsewhere in the column, but it is outside of the selected range and thus shouldn't be considered for being hidden or not. Can anyone help me with some code to perform this action? TIA, AlanN How about: Option Explicit Sub...

Office 2007 non-commercial use + Code 78F when updating
Hi All, Have a couple questions relating a Vista/Office 2007. We bought a sony vaio laptop that came pre-intalled with a trial license of office 2007. I un-installed Office completely and install a fresh copy of our partner license copy of office 2007, but when loading any office application now its shows 'Microsoft Outlook non-commercial use' and same for word,excel, etc. Anyone have any idea why this is? Second question is relating to windows updates in Vista; I get an error Code 78F when trying to install any update, and the soultions i try doesnt seem to resolve this issue....

no updates since 2008
I am trying to update an old machine, but when I go to the express otion, it comes back with no updates are needed. I look on the history and the last updat is from June of 2008. Any clues why this is happening? dms21032 wrote: > I am trying to update an old machine, but when I go to the express > otion, it comes back with no updates are needed. I look on the > history and the last updat is from June of 2008. Any clues why > this is happening? No clues as to what OS and what service pack it might be? Even what architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) the OS is... So - n...

Update Quotes #2
Is there any way to permanently disable the "Update Quotes" feature? I do not have a stock portfolio and the Update Quotes feature takes upwards of 5 minutes to complete. I know that I can turn it off for each session, but I would rather just permanently disable it. Which version of Money? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I d...

Update Now and NationalCity Online Banking
I posted a message a week ago about my Update Now not showing the option to update my banking information in Money 2006 Deluxe. Someone suggested it maybe not be working because I have "Access money data on the web" turned on. I should disable this and it may fix the problem. I tried this and still did not fix the problem. I played with it for over a hour last night going to the "Manage Online Services" screen and trying to set up my online services again. I go through selecting my bank, then entering my login information. I click the ok button to continue and it ei...

How to Find Record if Exists, Add if not?
How to Find Record if Exists, Add if not? I have a form where user will enter the vendor ID, which is a unique ID. They enter it off a long list of information listing many vendors and it's hard to know if the vendorID already exists in the database, until they tab through all the fields and get the duplicate record error. Then they press Esc and do a search on that vendorID to pull up the existing record to update. VendorID format is similar to this A123456789ST (Usees a prefix, Vendor FEIN, State abbrev.) I want to automate this. when they enter the VendorID, I want it to s...

how read value from last selected cell? It is possible? how get adress last selected cell?
for example. I write to cell A11 value "hello", and next: IF I click "ENTER" or IF I click mouse in any different cell (A15, B10, C1... free choice) I wont to display: MsgBox "Value in your last selected cell = ???" On this example MsgBox "Value in your last selected cell = hello" it is very important for me. I try with event of Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) ?? but :( thanks everybody, Andrzej Andrzej You have little choice but to use the Worksheet_Change() event as the Worksheet_SelectionChange() event, give you the cell ...

Exchange 2003 global address list updateing
I added a new user to the domain and set up a mailbox for him. Everything is fine. I can log him in and open outlook and see his account. The problem is that the global address list has not updated to include him what could the problem be? You can manually update your Recipient Update Service in Exchange System Manager. Check in ADUC for the user to make sure he has been stamped with an SMTP address. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "sdever@physcal.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:037001c3d567...

Removing all duplicate records except one copy
Hello, I have combined data from several sheets. The data is of product information that is sold in a chain of shops. I am trying to compile a master list of all products sold across the chain. In column A is the product NUMBER, in column B is the supplier number for that product. e.g.: ________Column A_________Column B Row 1___1000____________20 Row 2___1000 ___________ 20 Row 3___2000____________30 Row 4___2000____________20 Row 5___3000____________30 Row 6___3000____________30 Row 7___3000____________20 REQUIRED RESULT: ________Column A_________Column B Row 1___1000____________2...

Error on first record of integration
I am always getting the following error on the first record of each integration (I run a group, which contains 2 separate integrations): Could not set foreground locking value to 0 I found the knowledge article which says to increase the time between the macro to launch GP (scheduled task) and the Run Integration Group (scheduled task), so I did (set to 5 minutes instead of 2). It only takes 30 seconds total to completely log into the company. However, the error still occurs on both integrations. Why would the first record on the second integration fail as well if it was a timing i...

Best way to update links
When we open a file, it will ask us if we want to update links and it will ask "yes or no"? If you answer yes, it will say "not enough memory" u"nable to update external links". It does appear to be updating the information. Should I have any concerns as a result of the warning? Is this a result of a slow PC or the network? Would the better approach be to answer "no" and update the links manually? Thanks for your help in advance! ...

Exporting data to outlook, then updating....
Hi Everyone, I have a calendaring system developed in Visual FoxPro that I would like to use to send calendar information (appointments etc...) to Outlook, and then be able to either "delete and replace" or "update in place" later on. I have many examples of how to send data to Outlook, but haven't come across any that describe how to "synchronize" those items in outlook if they've changed in my VFP application (this only needs to be a one-way sync, once the data is in Outlook, it should be read-only). Is there an easy way to find the items that I've...

Keep Money 2004 or 2005 to maintain internet accout updates longer
I am parallel testing M2005 and M2004 and so far have not encountered any problems. I was particularly concerned about the internet update option and the problems people were having with Yodlee. I don't thjnk my M2005 is using Yodlee, but if it is there's no problem. However I seem to recall a thread here regarding having to buy a new version every 2 years beginning with M2005 or the internet account updates would stop working...and that this "feature" applied to versions starting this year. Is that correct...ie if I keep M 2004, there is not pre-defined cutoff date for s...