Back End on NAS Device 02-26-10

Repost - I originally posted via Outlook Express newsreader, but my post
apparently did not show up here and did not get a response from a Microsoft
Engineer as promised by my MSDN supscription.

Access 2007 split FE/BE, each user has their own FE.
Combination of TS and local LAN users.

System worked fine when the BE was on the server.
A few hours after client moved it to a NAS device, the BE corrupted.

In searching, I can find very little relating to Access back end and NAS.

Does anyone know of any issues with locating an Access BE on a NAS device?
--
AG
Email: npATadhdataDOTcom

"AG" <AG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

 > Repost - I originally posted via Outlook Express
 > newsreader, but my post apparently did not show
 > up here and

In this message thread, I see an initial post of this problem from you, a
response from Daniel Pineault, and a response to him from you.

 > did not get a response from a Microsoft
 > Engineer as promised by my MSDN supscription.

These newsgroups are not the procedure by which you open a help incident
with MSDN... the newsgroups are peer-to-peer, everyone answering here is a
volunteer (even the occasional Microsofties who choose to participate). To
get the Help that is part of your MSDN, you need to read and follow the
instructions for MSDN.

As I've had no experience putting Access production databases on NAS, I
don't have suggestions to offer on your specific question, but I did not
want you to think that MSDN was deliberately ignoring your posts here --
they do not read these newsgroups as part of their job.  But there are
procedures defined to contacting them for your Help incidents.

FYI, the MVPs who post here are not Microsoft employees... if an MVP is
hired by Microsoft, they are no longer an MVP.  For more information on the
MVP program, see http://mvp.support.microsoft.com.

 Larry Linson
 Microsoft Office Access MVP

0
Larry

DATE #10
Feb 28,2008 ---> 2008-2-28 Feb 1,2008 ---> 2008-2-1 Format? "����" <cola@hz.cn> wrote in message news:OOQhTbRaKHA.5472@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Feb 28,2008 ---> 2008-2-28 > Feb 1,2008 ---> 2008-2-1 > See your other post "ÎÞÃû" wrote: > Feb 28,2008 ---> 2008-2-28 > Feb 1,2008 ---> 2008-2-1 > > > . > Hi, Highlight the cell, right click in the mouse, cell format, custom format and enter yyyy-mm-dd "ÎÞÃû" wrote: > Fe...

Find and replace 03-04-10
I'm trying to scan a field in one of my tables and find a specific character and remove it. However, the character is a " so I'm having difficulty. The field I speak of of contains the sizes of our material so the values look like this: 1/4" 1/2" 1/3" and so on. How can I find all of the " in my feild and remove them? I don't want to replace them I just want to remove them. Thanks, Chris Savedge Create a query, and in the Criteria row under the problem field, enter: Like "*[""]*" -- Allen Browne - ...

Formula needed 01-22-10
Hi I need a formula that will look in one column range for a certain value and for another value in another column range and when they are both found in the same row, will count the number of occurances. Help!!!! Krissy wrote: > Hi > I need a formula that will look in one column range for a certain value and > for another value in another column range and when they are both found in the > same row, will count the number of occurances. Help!!!! http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html#SumProduct Omit the "values to be summed". =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2...

importing Back Office IDs "in" BP 4.0
Hello: There is a nice wizard that will allow you to tie a vendor "user" with that vendor's Back Office ID. If you have a lot of vendors, is there a way to import these vendors into Business Portal to tie them with their corresponding Back Office IDs so that you do not have to use the wizard to do this? Otherwise, using the wizard--as nice as it is--could be tedious and lengthy. Thanks! childofthe1980s ...

Front-end servers and DMZ
Pardon the double post, but I was hoping someone would help me on this forum. ====================== I have a setup Exch 2K3 as a front-end server that I'd like to handle OWA and Internet based SMTP traffic for my users. This server will be placed in our company's DMZ. My questions are: a) Are there any ports other that SMTP, DNS, and HTTP that need to be allowed to travel from the DMZ to the internal network for the front-end server to be able to handle OWA and SMTP? b) Does this server have to be a member server of our AD domain and does the Exchange server have to be a membe...

FrameworkService.exe @ 90%+ CPU; outlook 02 hangs
Wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I have no idea when it started, but Outlook 2002 hangs at different moments each time I use it (usually either when I first click on Inbox to check for new messages, or when I try to open a message). I've noticed that my CPU Usage is continuously at 100%. I now also notice that FrameworkService.exe is always the biggest CPU hog on the Processes tab (in Task Mgr), and when Outlook 2002 is open, it's almost constantly above 90 in the CPU column. Anyone else out there as frustrated as I am? That is the McAfee 7.x virusscanner ...

Transaction logs on Front End Server
I keep getting an alert on the exchange 2003 Management pack regarding my exchange front end server. The warning I am getting is that the exchange transaction log files are equal to or older than the maximum days allowed. Now the front server does not contain any mailboxes but the Information service is running, so I am confused why I am getting these logs. I had one mailbox on this front server but I moved to the backend end server couple of months ago. So my question is that is it normal to have transaction logs on the front server. Or is it because we have not backed them up thats ...

Beginning balance total on G/L trial balance after year-end close
We ran the G/L year-end close during which we received SQL errors. We did get the report printout and the year being closed was marked as historical. Plus, for the new year, the balance sheet accounts now have beginning balances and revenue and expense accounts have zero beginning balances. However, when we print a G/L trial balance for the new year, the total of the Begininning Balance column has an amount. Normally, the total of this column should be zero. So, when we drill down to the BBF entry, it's out of balance by the amount of the beginning balance column on the trial ba...

OIS.EXE what is it, how to end process
computeris very slow, task mgr show cpu usage is near total availabe, shows OIS.EXE is using most and cannot get task to stop. A quick google for ois.exe gives you the answer. "ArizonaBoy" <ArizonaBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF65AE19-499A-4EF4-8CB7-4BE23889C924@microsoft.com... : computeris very slow, task mgr show cpu usage is near total availabe, shows : OIS.EXE is using most and cannot get task to stop. In news:AF65AE19-499A-4EF4-8CB7-4BE23889C924@microsoft.com, ArizonaBoy <ArizonaBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: >...

Money 2004 Install Wizard won't come back :(
I need to find out how to get the initial setup wizard to run. I was going through the initial set up of accounts, but had to stop. I closed Money, assuming that it would save to that point and re-open to where I was. But now when I start money, it does not give me the wizard. It opens to the program home page. I tried uninstalling the program (not that much was entered, so it was no big thing), but it still opens on the money home page when I re-install and open it again. What do I need to do to get it to start fresh???? Please help. Thanks Remove the "FOUR YOU" in my emai...

SendTo PDF Not Working on GP 10
I upgraded a client from GP 8.0 to GP 10.0. Since the ugprade, they are unable to use the SendTo PDF option from within GP. We have tried reinstalling Adobe and that hasn't changed anything. The users can see the PDF being created but a blank email doesn't open from their email client as it used to. The client is on version 10.00.0991 and I thought this issue was to be resolved in 10.0 SP 1 but obviously it hasn't been for us. The client is also using Outlook. Is this still a bug with 10.0 or are we missing something? I am on Adobe Acrobat Standard 8.0 with Microsoft ...

Lost contact list 04-22-10
I amusing Windows live mail...it had no problem picking up my contacts from Outlook Express. Now that I syncronized messages from my Hotmail e-mail account and my Telus email account into Windows Live, my contact list is only the two contacts from the hotmail account. All the rest are gone. They are still in the Address Book, but I cant access them How can I get it back into Windows Live Mail ??? Help please. You signed into the Hotmail account when you started Windows Live Mail. This is optional and not at all related to getting your mail. When you sign in, WLM sync...

How to get the envelope back
Hi, A few days ago I got an email, however after reading it the envelope was still in the task bar so I right clicked on it and selected hide envelope. Now the envelope doesn't appear at all, is there a way to get it back? Thanks for your help. The option to turn that back on should be here in OL2003: Tools menu > Options > Email > Advanced "Shaun" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eoTmU8UtFHA.1256@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > A few days ago I got an email, however after reading it the envelope was > still in the task bar so I r...

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file...
My buddy sent me a little file, 1.25mb, and I cannot open it. He can but I cannot. I get "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the approiate permissions to access the item". XP Pro. Retail version. Have disk. This is my home computer. No administrator rights needed. No password needed. I'm the only one in the house. Computer in my name. No other users. What's up. Joe T. wrote: > My buddy sent me a little file, 1.25mb, and I cannot open it. He > can but I cannot. I get "Windows cannot access the specified > de...

Outlook 2003 03-17-10
Dear Sir, 1. Process will complete mailing address to sent item means anything ? 2. Repairmail up screen time that does not match the running because of what ? 3. The move affects the computer to send mail or receive ? Best Regards, On 3/16/2010 8:19 PM, supatsiri wrote: > Dear Sir, > > 1. Process will complete mailing address to sent item means anything ? > 2. Repairmail up screen time that does not match the running because of what ? > 3. The move affects the computer to send mail or receive ? > > Best Regards, What is your native language? Please post ...

What file to look for on my hard drive back up to recover my Entourage contact list?

How can I transfer emails in a Mailbox folder to a USB device?
I have a large number of emails saved in a folder in my Mail box. Some of the emails have files attached, and some do not. I want to save all the emails (including the attachments) to a USB device. You cannot, assuming you are referring to Outlook you can only copy the data file in its entirety, which can then only be accessed within Outlook. You could save the emails as eml files and save the attachments seperately "Harrinton" <Harrinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F90EC062-4359-42E9-96FD-F88EA6536F09@microsoft.com... > I have a large numb...

moving to end of sheet
I know that "ctrl-end" should take me to the end of a worksheet. Sometimes, however, it takes me beyond the last row where data is entered, sometimes many blank rows beyond. I've tried deleting those blank rows, making sure there is nothing hidden inthose rows, no conditional formatting, etc., but that doesn't work. If I cut and paste the rows with data into a new sheet, that works (i.e., "ctrl-end" takes me to the last cell with data in it). Is there a way to do this without the cut and paste workaround? Thanks. There are instructions here for resetti...

At my wits end OWA and Public Folders
I have exchange 2k3. OWA works in both basic and premium. When I try to view the public folders in premium mode it sits or hangs at "updating view". If I go in through basic then I can view hte public fodlers immediately and see the calendars. When i try to post a new appointment it gives me an error 61 in IE saying object expected. I have checked all teh permissions...and updated IE as best I can...any suggestions? Thanks ...

MSN Messenger 4: Forwarding Messages to Mobile Device?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3170242457_31400555 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Am I misunderstanding MSN�s mobile device feature? Under the Mobile Preferences, it says �Set up or edit account so my contacts can send messages to my mobile device�. So I�ve set my account up...but how is it activated? I thought it would work like AIM�s forward to mobile device feature. --B_3170242457_31400555 Content-type: text/html; ch...

USB KVM's always plays 'Device Connect' sound
It appears that USB KVM's with Audio support always make Windows XP computers play the 'Device Connect' sound when you switch between computers. Does anyone know of a USB KVM with Audio that can properly emulate the USB connection to the inactive computer, so that the 'device connect' event doesn't occur when switching between computers? <prubin@equilter.com> wrote in message news:293fbb08-74eb-4b65-8807-1c43540b4c88@o10g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > It appears that USB KVM's with Audio support always make Windows XP > computers play the &...

Can't open this item. The end date you entered occurs before the start date.
Hi, Everytime I open Outlook 2000 I get a calender pop-up. When I Dismiss it I get a message such as the above and the next time I open Outlook it appears again. I can't see it in the Calender unless I change the view to "By category". I can't delete it or change the date in this view. I just keep getting the above message (see subject line). I tried /cleanreminders and the MS article about Daylight savings but neither work. How do I get rid of this message? I do have a Pocket PC and probably the error occured during a Sync (i have different time zones). ...

Data errors on HP Mydrive NAS
I have a strange issue with a HP Mydrive "World edition" connected to ethernet. Files copied to this drive sometimes get corrupted, in a very specific pattern. We cannot reproduce this corruption with smaller files, less than 2 MB, but with files > 20 MB it occurs in 80% of copies. I copy the files by drag & drop from Explorer, or by copy / v command, results are same. More over, copy /v does not find any error. Then I run fc /b <copy> <original> and it finds differences. In a ~ 20 MB file, there are few bytes (1 to 6) with one bit (same in all ...

disappearing e-mail 04-21-10
This has happenend several times: Vista; When I open my e-mail, some email just disappears, it's not in any folder, it's just gone. I''ve read other threads that say make sure you are are set to show all messages and I am. What next? "Trish1856" <pmf1856@cox.net> wrote in message news:C8EFF7C5-B8C5-4F52-8D9F-070299902F6C@microsoft.com... > This has happenend several times: Vista; When I open my e-mail, some > email > just disappears, it's not in any folder, it's just gone. I''ve read other > threads that say make...

Back Order Question
Hi, Have a back order question. Normal back orders are working right. In that if you have 10 and the order is for 15. During the lineitem transtaction it will put 5 in the backorder field automatically. What we need is if the customer orders 15 and we have 20, but only ship 10. We want the BO field to automatically fill with 5. Is this possible. Thanks in advance. Dexter Southerland It depends on how you fulfill and if you have cancel and bo enabled in the document types. If you have these enabled and are using Use Separate Fulfillment, you can select 10 to ship and set 5 to BO. T...