Autopopulate form information

Huummm... I’m not sure I spelled this out well in the subject header. What
I'm attempting to do is this: I've created a form using multiple tabs. The
database I created is designed to keep track of multiple nationwide office
projects. On the opening page or tab a user can select from 3 drop-down menus:
Region, Location or Project type. Once a user selects from any of the 3 menus
it will forward them to the corresponding tab on the form, i.e., if the user
selects from the drop-down menu "projects" the action taken automatically
will be to open the tab section labeled "projects" and auto-fill or complete
what projects are open nationwide. I've also included sections on this tab to
include date fields (Start/End) and a memo field. I've not worked with Access
for many years and so much of what I did in the past I've forgotten. I'm
currently using 2003. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mithrial

Incorrect information on Check Stub
When printing a batch of checks, on the check stub in the field that we have designated for PO Number the information is incorrect/overwritten. In this case I have 18 invoices to pay on one check, nine of them with legitimate PO Numbers and the other nine with notes pertaining to the Invoice number that have been entered in the PO Number field in GP. Seven of the nine PO numbers have been overwritten with the nine notes that were related to the nine invoices directly under the top nine, i.e. the seven PO Numbers have been replaced and are no where on check stub the other two printed f...

Problem with installing Office information bridge Framework for MS
I have already sucessfully installed Microsoft Office Information Bridge Framework Server 1.0 (server component) and Microsoft Office Information Bridge Framework Client 1.5 (client component)(1.0 is not avaliable any more), and Information Bridge Framework for Microsoft CRM server components. But when I install Information Bridge Framework for Microsoft CRM client components, there is an error message as follows: SamrtTagRegistration.exe Application has been genenrated an exception that could not be handled. Process id=0xa24(2596), Thread id=0x164(356) Error 28000 Did anybody see th...

Table to feed form instead of lenghty code?
Hello, I a database that is kind of like an Auction type deal. If a user enters their user ID and click the button, it will automatically display their chosen private ID (or Auction ID). What I want to know is, I have 80 people in my department and the code (only way I know how to do it) will become very long. Can I set up a table with the User ID and Private ID and when the button is clicked, have it read from the table and display the Private ID that way? Below is how I am going to do it if no alternative. Private Sub cmdStatusUpdate_Click() Me.NewBid.Locked = False ...

Load SalesOrderId into a Variable from SalesOrderDetail form
Hi, I need help here. And I can't figure this out... I'm trying to do a web service query that filters on the SalesOrderId from the SalesOrderDetail record. Problem is, the SalesOrderId field cannot be exposed on the SalesOrderDetail (Order Product) form, and thus, I can't get this GUID value and load it into a variable! How can I get this Value?! Is it possible? -- MD Never mind. Figured it out. The code below did the trick! var ParentFormId = window.opener.document.all.crmForm.ObjectId; ParentFormId = ParentFormId.replace("{",""); ParentFormId = Pa...

Historical Invoices
Does anyone know if it's possible to enable the Custom Links in the Sales User-Defined Fields Inquiry Zoom window so we can launch to shipper tracking web sites (UPS/FedEx, etc.) for Invoices that are already moved to history? The tracking numbers link doesn't work on the Inquiry version of the window. Our invoices (where the tracking is recorded by Shipping dept) are generally posted before the customer inquiries start on tracking shipments. Thanks. I believe you can do this with SmartList Builder. You could build a SmartList that includes the tracking number and then bui...

one or two emails will not go through form same user to same recei
Exchnage 2003 We have strange issue. some time we will not receive emails from client and most time we will. same email can be sent without any modification in subject or content and it will go through. what can cause this? Any suggestion will be helpful. thanks Chad You will need to enable message tracking and SMTP logging. Identify a time when the user said he sent you a message that you did not receive. Run message tracking to see if it's being delivered to the desination MB. If it doesn't show, check your SMTP logs to see if there are any SMTP transactions occuring with them d...

Must preview form twice to load fully
I am sure I am doing something wrong, but I have a form that loads errors if i open it straight up, but if i open it, then drop back to design, then back into preview it works perfect... The only events I run is an OnOpen, OnCurrent... 3 subforms with events as well. They work perfect once loaded the 2nd time, but they get their sources from the main form, which doesn't work first time... Any ideas? or any more details that would help? -Geoff In news:1174328003.236839.37980@y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com, halfbodyguy@hotmail.com <halfbodyguy@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am sure I...

SQL question on my form
Good morning. I'm having a little problem that I hope you can help me get straight. I thought I had it correct but when I put breaks in it doesn't display correctly. The information is taken from a Group box This is the short code 120 Select Case grpDept.Value 240 Case 1 250 strCnt = "Ops. B-Nights" 260 Case 2 270 strDept = "Programs" 280 Case 3 290 strDept = "Programs/Chaplin" 300 Case 4 370 strDept = "Support Services" 380 Case 5 390 strDept = "Unit-1" 400 Cas...

Adding records to table from a form, with pre-populated values
I'm trying to construct a form that will let me translate pre-defined "base" sentences to several languages. I have the following tables: BaseTexts: ID, Text Languages: Language Translations: BaseTextID, Language, Translation but the Translations table only has records if a translation actually exists. So I have a query that gets me all (BaseTextID, Text, Language) triplets for which a translation is needed (Text <-> BaseTextID is 1-1 mapping, but users need to see the text itself in order to translate), and I want to present a multiple-records form with 4...

Update to a form field from the database
Hello all, I think this is a pretty simple question, I must be missing something. I created a simple database and I made one of the fields a Lookup Wizard field and added a couple items. I then created a form based on the fields in the database. I needed to add another item to the list I created, but it did not populate the field in the form (drop down box). How can I make it so the field in the form will automatically update if I add a nother item to the list? Thank you in advance The best solution is to create a separate table that contains your value list. Lookups should NOT be d...

Forms--Vista--2007 Excel
Hello, I am working on an Excel Worksheet, using it as a survey, and need to accomplish 3 tasks. 1.) I want the user to check, or place an "X" only one of three options. (Grouping Radio Buttons may accomplish this task, but I wanted to see if there was a way, we could protect the worksheet, and only allow entering of text in the three options.) 2.) I want the worksheet to indicate if a user has missed a survey question. (For intstance, they place an "X" in of the the three options for Question No. 1, but neglect to do so for Question No. 2.) As a result th...

Adding text boxes from more than one table to a form
Hi, I want to add a text box showing a date which is stored in a different table in the personel form. This text box is purely to show the date, how can I do this please? Iain Hi Iain, There's basically two ways to do this, and which one you choose will depend upon your data and hows it's related. 1. Put the form's current recordsource (table or query) into a new query, and include the other table. Link appropriately, add the fields you require to the query's output, and use te new query as the recordsource for your form. 2. Use a dLookup expression to retrieve th...

Article on showing Windows style error on MS Access Form
I am building an application with several forms. In the BeforeUpdate event for the form, I will run some data validation routines. If there is an error, I would like to display an error control next to each field containing an error (the exclamation point). The user can then hover over the error control and get an explanation of the error. This is similar to how a normal windows application works. Some time ago, I can recall seeing an article that described the exact technique that I want to use, but I can't find it now. Could someone please point me to the article? Many thanks! ...

Entering company information?
I recently upgraded from MS Money 2006 (can't remember which version, but it was a personal one) to Money 2007 P&B. I am trying to create an invoice, but it has no company information because I haven't entered any and don't know how. Can anyone tell me how to put in company info, logo, etc.? I don't think I can even do it in invoice designer. Thanks, Tracey Tools - Settings - Business -Mark "tmac" <tmccartney66@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1176ea9b-2c55-4d6d-b2df-9a12a80880f5@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I recently upgraded from MS Money 20...

Custom Form (no code) & OL2002 SP3
Microsoft states in KB article 331788 that if you create a custom form and upgrade to Office SP3 that custom forms with no vbs should appear in the preview pane vice getting the "This item contains active content that cannot be displayed in the preview pane..." Unfortunately, I have 2002 SP3 installed, I can create a form with no code and still no joy on the preview pane! Is there something else that needs to be checked? Anything else anyone can think of that would kill it? The KB states this applies to SP1 - if upgrade to SP3 from std 2002 (non-SP1) does this matter? Can't ...

Creating/ modifying custom Real Estate Listing Form in Outlook 2000
I've downloaded a Real Estate Listing form created for Outlook 98 into my Outlook 2000. I'm looking for a manual on how to modify this form to service my business needs. Anyone have a suggestion where I can learn how to do this? ...

Form posting to Acess
Using Expression 3. Is there a way I can create a form, post the data to Access and that data (as a table) whick will grow, be embedded into the center of an HTML page? All automatically then automatically somehow send (ftp) to web server? If this could be done I sure would like to see the instructions. Thanks Steps required are: 1) Submit the form to add a record to database. 2) Use another page to get results from the database and display in gridview. The actual code depends on your skills, and what your host supports - Access rerquires windows server, then either "cl...

Multiple fillter in 1 form
i just want to ask if is there any posibility that i can filter multiple fields in one form using VBA coding? thanks in advance -- just need help Certainly you can. Here's a downloadable example: Search form - Handle many optional criteria at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "pnexs" <girlhan25@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2BD3497C-B332-4D37-869D-350CE3C168CE@microsoft.com... >i j...

Printing checks using blank forms
I have seen several packages at the local Fry's and Compusa that have blank check forms for printing checks. These forms have no printing on them at all and claim to be Money compatible. To be valid they would need everything including the bank's routing and account numbers printed on them, correct? I have tried to print to plain paper using the suggestions found in the help, but only can print the date, amount, and payee information successfully. Can I use such blank forms for printing checks? If so how is this done...I can seem to find any help in the help system that is of any he...

I want to show message/mail form?
I use Outlook Express. I wanna make the app which can show message/mail form. When User click a button, so message/mail form will show with its Recipients, Subject, Attachments, body has filled automatically. if i just exec/run 'mailto:a@a.com', So I only see message/mail form with its Recipients has filled automatically. But I cant set its Subject, Attachments, body. Your best bet is to visit Ron de Bruin's site. He has written several routines for sending mail from Excel. Also see his SendMail add-in download. http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel...

Storing Credit Card Information
I was wondering if there is any possible way to store Customers Credit Card information in the Account information. I have a lot of returning customers who get deliveries and do not always want to give me their credit card information. (They would rather i keep it on "file" and i could just punch it in). I have another location that is running off of quicksell 2000 and im storing the info in the "Company Name" section of the customers information. I would much rather have a space Just for the credit card info. If someone could please help it would be greatly app...

Printing a form on a tabcontrol
Hi there My database includes a main form and a tab control which is comprised of forms on each page. I have linked the Master Fields of the main form is Student ID and the StudentID_FK. When I created all the forms, I was able to print a selected record. I have a button that will print a record if I choose a selected record. When I try to print from the tab control, it only prints the main form and not the information on the subform. How do I get it to print the subform infomraiton. Thank you in advance for your help. forest8, Sounds like you are tryin...

How to move and Exchange 5.5 information store
Hello, I need to move the private information store (Priv.edb) to a new larger disk array. If I go into the Exchange Admin program,navigate to Configuration, Servers, properties of my server and then "Database Paths"; will changing the path definition ALSO move the IS to this new location? Thanks. -- tim Yes, but a better way is to run the Performance Wizard (perfwiz.exe) to move the databases. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > > I need to move the private information store (Priv.edb) to a new larger >disk array. > > If I go into the ...

Form Function Help
I am a technician for a Nextel Service Center, and I have developed a work order system using Excel 2002. It is replacing paper work orders to increase efficiency. It's a simple form, and the data input consists mostly of names, ID numbers, and descriptions. There's one field that contains a 5-digit work order number. What I want to do is, create a button that saves the worksheet with that work order number as the file name, clear all unlocked cells, and repopulate the work order number field one number higher. This would complete my system PERFECTLY!! Also, when I lock and pro...

Unbound text boxes in a Sub Form
I have a subform which has a default view of "Continuous forms". On this form I have several unbound text boxes to display data from other tables. This data does not need to be saved to the sub form record source as it is for display purposes only. The data is used to determine an appropriate sell price for a product. The table that the sub form is linked to is an SQL Server table. The unbound text boxes work well when there is only one record. As soon as I add a second record and update these unbound text boxes the values become the same on all records (rows). I need ...