Autonumber stopped incrementing to next highest number

I have been having this strange occurence on one of my relationship table -
not frequently but 2 times is enough for me.

Apparently the Autonumber seems to stop incrementing to the next available
highest number and begin to give a number
that's already in existence . That of course will give the error on "Unique
identifier - blah blah blah"

To temporary correct this problem I have been copying the table to a
temptable ( structure & data ) -

rename the corrupted table and then rename the temptable to the original
name of the corrupted table.

This works, but I'm looking for a permanent fix to this problem.

I'm using Access 2003 with SPK2.  Have been using this table for almost 2
years without a hitch.

Any help would be appreciated.

0
lalexander

I've seen this problem as well, and the only fix I found to it is to create
a new db and import all tables, forms, reports, etc. into it.

HTH;

Amy

"lalexander" <lalexanderusa@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I have been having this strange occurence on one of my relationship table -
>not frequently but 2 times is enough for me.
>
> Apparently the Autonumber seems to stop incrementing to the next available
> highest number and begin to give a number
> that's already in existence . That of course will give the error on
> "Unique identifier - blah blah blah"
>
> To temporary correct this problem I have been copying the table to a
> temptable ( structure & data ) -
>
> rename the corrupted table and then rename the temptable to the original
> name of the corrupted table.
>
> This works, but I'm looking for a permanent fix to this problem.
>
> I'm using Access 2003 with SPK2.  Have been using this table for almost 2
> years without a hitch.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

0
Amy
5/17/2007 4:17:39 PM
The numbers that Autonumber generates are used in a relationship - so it's
important that cannot renumber those records.

if I copy to a new structure with its data then the table is fine and the
numbering continues from the highest number.

About 10 minutes ago a user told me that the table is again indicating of a
record violations - which to me means that
the autonumber has reverted to creating records previously used.

Any help in this matter would be appreciated

"Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Maybe as a last resort. Have you tried creating a new autonumber field. I
> don't know how critcal the key is but if it's just a regular sequential
> number you could try it.
>
> But before attempting be sure to Backup first...
>
> Maurice
>
> "lalexander" wrote:
>
>> I have been having this strange occurence on one of my relationship
>> table -
>> not frequently but 2 times is enough for me.
>>
>> Apparently the Autonumber seems to stop incrementing to the next
>> available
>> highest number and begin to give a number
>> that's already in existence . That of course will give the error on
>> "Unique
>> identifier - blah blah blah"
>>
>> To temporary correct this problem I have been copying the table to a
>> temptable ( structure & data ) -
>>
>> rename the corrupted table and then rename the temptable to the original
>> name of the corrupted table.
>>
>> This works, but I'm looking for a permanent fix to this problem.
>>
>> I'm using Access 2003 with SPK2.  Have been using this table for almost 2
>> years without a hitch.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.

0
lalexander
5/17/2007 5:22:23 PM
Creating a new db would entails starting the autonumber sequence from #1 (
and not from the highest number key number in the table)

You see I use those ID numbers as a relationship to another table , so its
critical that I preserve those numbers.

"Amy Blankenship" <Amy_nospam@magnoliamultimedia.com> wrote in message
> I've seen this problem as well, and the only fix I found to it is to
> create a new db and import all tables, forms, reports, etc. into it.
>
> HTH;
>
> Amy
>
> "lalexander" <lalexanderusa@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>I have been having this strange occurence on one of my relationship
>>table - not frequently but 2 times is enough for me.
>>
>> Apparently the Autonumber seems to stop incrementing to the next
>> available highest number and begin to give a number
>> that's already in existence . That of course will give the error on
>> "Unique identifier - blah blah blah"
>>
>> To temporary correct this problem I have been copying the table to a
>> temptable ( structure & data ) -
>>
>> rename the corrupted table and then rename the temptable to the original
>> name of the corrupted table.
>>
>> This works, but I'm looking for a permanent fix to this problem.
>>
>> I'm using Access 2003 with SPK2.  Have been using this table for almost 2
>> years without a hitch.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.

0
lalexander
5/17/2007 5:24:30 PM
> Creating a new db would entails starting the autonumber sequence from #1
> ( and not from the highest number key number in the table)
>
> You see I use those ID numbers as a relationship to another table , so its
> critical that I preserve those numbers.

If you import the tables and all the data, the ID's will be preserved...

0
Amy
5/17/2007 6:00:38 PM
In the current(?) version of Jet, appending a new value to
an autonumber field on a linked table resets the autonumber seed.

If that's not the problem you are seeing, you probably
have an older version.

You can reset the seed using this ADOX code:
http://allenbrowne.com/ser-40.html
or this
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287756

or by doing another append, or by using DDL:

strSQL = "ALTER TABLE tblUICounterDataTypes
ALTER COLUMN Field1 COUNTER(10,10)"
application.currentproject.execute strSQL

(david)

"lalexander" <lalexanderusa@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I have been having this strange occurence on one of my relationship
table -
> not frequently but 2 times is enough for me.
>
> Apparently the Autonumber seems to stop incrementing to the next available
> highest number and begin to give a number
> that's already in existence . That of course will give the error on
"Unique
> identifier - blah blah blah"
>
> To temporary correct this problem I have been copying the table to a
> temptable ( structure & data ) -
>
> rename the corrupted table and then rename the temptable to the original
> name of the corrupted table.
>
> This works, but I'm looking for a permanent fix to this problem.
>
> I'm using Access 2003 with SPK2.  Have been using this table for almost 2
> years without a hitch.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

0
david
5/18/2007 12:33:53 AM
If the problem is that access is trying to use autonumbers that are already
in use, then a compact and repair should sort this out, however if you are
trying to use autonumbers as something such as customer number they were
never meant for this and will not be incremental e.g. 1,2,3,4 as you will end
up with gaps e.g. 1,4,7,43 and sometimes negative numbers -1,2,34

hth

Phil

"david@epsomdotcomdotau" wrote:

> In the current(?) version of Jet, appending a new value to
> an autonumber field on a linked table resets the autonumber seed.
>
> If that's not the problem you are seeing, you probably
> have an older version.
>
> You can reset the seed using this ADOX code:
> http://allenbrowne.com/ser-40.html
> or this
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287756
>
> or by doing another append, or by using DDL:
>
> strSQL = "ALTER TABLE tblUICounterDataTypes
> ALTER COLUMN Field1 COUNTER(10,10)"
> application.currentproject.execute strSQL
>
> (david)
>

> "lalexander" <lalexanderusa@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > I have been having this strange occurence on one of my relationship
> table -
> > not frequently but 2 times is enough for me.
> >
> > Apparently the Autonumber seems to stop incrementing to the next available
> > highest number and begin to give a number
> > that's already in existence . That of course will give the error on
> "Unique
> > identifier - blah blah blah"
> >
> > To temporary correct this problem I have been copying the table to a
> > temptable ( structure & data ) -
> >
> > rename the corrupted table and then rename the temptable to the original
> > name of the corrupted table.
> >
> > This works, but I'm looking for a permanent fix to this problem.
> >
> > I'm using Access 2003 with SPK2.  Have been using this table for almost 2
> > years without a hitch.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.

> in use, then a compact and repair should sort this out,

If you are using Jet 3.5 then a compact/repair will fix up
autonumbers. On the other hand, if you were using Jet 3.5,
you wouldn't have problems with autonumbers in the first place.

In the current version Jet 4.0/DA0 3.6, Access 2K+,
compact/repair does not reset/fix autonumbers.

(dav)

"Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If the problem is that access is trying to use autonumbers that are
already
> in use, then a compact and repair should sort this out, however if you are
> trying to use autonumbers as something such as customer number they were
> never meant for this and will not be incremental e.g. 1,2,3,4 as you will
end
> up with gaps e.g. 1,4,7,43 and sometimes negative numbers -1,2,34
>
> hth
>
> Phil
>
> "david@epsomdotcomdotau" wrote:
>
> > In the current(?) version of Jet, appending a new value to
> > an autonumber field on a linked table resets the autonumber seed.
> >
> > If that's not the problem you are seeing, you probably
> > have an older version.
> >
> > You can reset the seed using this ADOX code:
> > http://allenbrowne.com/ser-40.html
> > or this
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287756
> >
> > or by doing another append, or by using DDL:
> >
> > strSQL = "ALTER TABLE tblUICounterDataTypes
> > ALTER COLUMN Field1 COUNTER(10,10)"
> > application.currentproject.execute strSQL
> >
> > (david)
> >

> > "lalexander" <lalexanderusa@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > > I have been having this strange occurence on one of my relationship
> > table -
> > > not frequently but 2 times is enough for me.
> > >
> > > Apparently the Autonumber seems to stop incrementing to the next
available
> > > highest number and begin to give a number
> > > that's already in existence . That of course will give the error on
> > "Unique
> > > identifier - blah blah blah"
> > >
> > > To temporary correct this problem I have been copying the table to a
> > > temptable ( structure & data ) -
> > >
> > > rename the corrupted table and then rename the temptable to the
original
> > > name of the corrupted table.
> > >
> > > This works, but I'm looking for a permanent fix to this problem.
> > >
> > > I'm using Access 2003 with SPK2.  Have been using this table for
almost 2
> > > years without a hitch.
> > >
> > > Any help would be appreciated.

0
david
5/19/2007 6:37:14 AM
Thanks for this info, i always thought it did,

thanks

Phil

"david@epsomdotcomdotau" wrote:

> > in use, then a compact and repair should sort this out,
>
> If you are using Jet 3.5 then a compact/repair will fix up
> autonumbers. On the other hand, if you were using Jet 3.5,
> you wouldn't have problems with autonumbers in the first place.
>
> In the current version Jet 4.0/DA0 3.6, Access 2K+,
> compact/repair does not reset/fix autonumbers.
>
> (dav)
>

> "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If the problem is that access is trying to use autonumbers that are
> already
> > in use, then a compact and repair should sort this out, however if you are
> > trying to use autonumbers as something such as customer number they were
> > never meant for this and will not be incremental e.g. 1,2,3,4 as you will
> end
> > up with gaps e.g. 1,4,7,43 and sometimes negative numbers -1,2,34
> >
> > hth
> >
> > Phil
> >
> > "david@epsomdotcomdotau" wrote:
> >
> > > In the current(?) version of Jet, appending a new value to
> > > an autonumber field on a linked table resets the autonumber seed.
> > >
> > > If that's not the problem you are seeing, you probably
> > > have an older version.
> > >
> > > You can reset the seed using this ADOX code:
> > > http://allenbrowne.com/ser-40.html
> > > or this
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287756
> > >
> > > or by doing another append, or by using DDL:
> > >
> > > strSQL = "ALTER TABLE tblUICounterDataTypes
> > > ALTER COLUMN Field1 COUNTER(10,10)"
> > > application.currentproject.execute strSQL
> > >
> > > (david)
> > >

> > > "lalexander" <lalexanderusa@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > > table -

> available
> > > "Unique

> original

> almost 2

Compact/Repair can still be used to reset
an empty table to zero

(david)

> Thanks for this info, i always thought it did,
>
> thanks
>
> Phil
>
> "david@epsomdotcomdotau" wrote:
>
> > > in use, then a compact and repair should sort this out,
> >
> > If you are using Jet 3.5 then a compact/repair will fix up
> > autonumbers. On the other hand, if you were using Jet 3.5,
> > you wouldn't have problems with autonumbers in the first place.
> >
> > In the current version Jet 4.0/DA0 3.6, Access 2K+,
> > compact/repair does not reset/fix autonumbers.
> >
> > (dav)
> >

> > "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > If the problem is that access is trying to use autonumbers that are
> > already
> > > in use, then a compact and repair should sort this out, however if you
are
> > > trying to use autonumbers as something such as customer number they
were
> > > never meant for this and will not be incremental e.g. 1,2,3,4 as you
will
> > end
> > > up with gaps e.g. 1,4,7,43 and sometimes negative numbers -1,2,34
> > >
> > > hth
> > >
> > > Phil

> > available

> > original

> > almost 2

0
david
5/22/2007 10:44:26 PM
Thanks, you must have read my mind, that is exactly why I thought it would work

Thanks again

Phil

"david@epsomdotcomdotau" wrote:

> Compact/Repair can still be used to reset
> an empty table to zero
>
> (david)
>
> "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for this info, i always thought it did,
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Phil

> > > If you are using Jet 3.5 then a compact/repair will fix up
> > > autonumbers. On the other hand, if you were using Jet 3.5,
> > > you wouldn't have problems with autonumbers in the first place.
> > >
> > > In the current version Jet 4.0/DA0 3.6, Access 2K+,
> > > compact/repair does not reset/fix autonumbers.
> > >
> > > (dav)
> > >

> > > "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > already
> are
> were
> will
> > > end

> relationship

> > > available
> on

> > > original

> > > almost 2

Importing Numbers
I imported a bunch of records that include an item number that begins with "0". Both the Excel spreadsheet cell and the Access table are marked as NUMBER. Nevertheless, when the item are imported the leading "0" was deleted. Why? How do I overcome that as I have to have the "0". -- KM Am 02.06.2010 16:44, schrieb Kevin M: > I imported a bunch of records that include an item number that begins with > "0". Both the Excel spreadsheet cell and the Access table are marked as > NUMBER. Nevertheless, when the item are imported the leadi...

Auto Account Number Generation
Here's a newbie question for which I have not yet been able to find a solution. Whenever creating a new account, I'd like the form to automatically display an account number in the accountnumber field that is one more than the max in the table. How can I automtically create this? That is how can I run a query on form load that looks up the current max account number then add one to it? ANy help would be appreciated. Only way to do this is through writing some code. For example you could achieve this using a callout. When you save a new account you can have the callout scan ...

Q: How to make "whole" numbers?
Hello NG, i want to tell excel, to make out of a number e.g. 5,93 a "whole number" (as we call it in german), wich in this case would be 5. please don't mix it up with ROUND. round would have made a 6 out of it. what i want, is that all these numbers e.g. 5,01 5,45 5,9 would be turned into a 5 thanx in advance, Tom. -- _______________________ http://tom.lautenbacher.biz _______________________ On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 02:45:25 +0200, "Tom H. Lautenbacher" <Lautenbacher@gmx.net> wrote: >Hello NG, > >i want to tell excel, to make out of a number e.g. 5,...

How do I add numbers in visible cells using Excel 97
I need to add values in visible cells using Excel 97 using a formula instead of adding values of each cell individually. Thank You John Kennedy If you mean your data is filtered, check out the SUBTOTAL function -- eg: =SUBTOTAL(9,B:B) Rgds, Andy -- Support Boris - visit http://www.ncadc.org.uk/letters/newszine36/boris.html If you are hidding the rows using a filter, then look in help at the Subtotal worksheet function. Other than that, there is no built in function that ignores hidden cells. Perhaps there is a cell value condition you can check - so you could use Sumif, use the c...

Formula to find the last number of a column (lower cell)
I have a column with numbers. I want a formula that it will be finding the lower cell that has data. For example in column A i have numbers in cells A1, A2 and A3. In cell A10 i want a fotmula. With this formula will see in cell A10 the number that i have in cell A3. If i put a number in cell A4 i want that number to be shown in cell A10. Try the below in cell A10 =LOOKUP(10^10,A1:A9) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "yiannis5231" wrote: > I have a column with numbers. I want a formula that it will be finding the > lower cell that has data. For example in colu...

Stopping search from the Address bar in IE8
Is there some way that I can stop my computer from searching from the address bar in IE8? I am using Windows XP Pro SP3 and IE8. I have 2 home pages set up (in case that matters). Here is what happens: I type a website address in the address bar and, if I mistype the address, sometimes I get the message: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage What you can try: Diagnose Connection Problems More information That would be okay with me because then I can look and see that I mistyped the address and I just fix the typo to get to the...

Macro to insert to move values of a cell to next cell in the same row
Hello, I would like to know the Macro code for Moving the Values of a cell to next cell based upon values in a particular cell. Ex:- Col A(DATE) Col B(0-30 Days) Col C(30-60days) ColD(60-90day) Jan-05 10 Feb-05 10 Based upon date in Col A i want move the value in col b and c to the next cell.Basically this for aging the items in the work sheet Hi There, Can anyone pls give the code for this query. Pls help ...

Number to Word
I want to enter "1" in cell a1 and i want "annual" to populate into b1. Iwant to enter ".52" in cell a1 and i want "semi-annual to populat into b1. so on and so on. I want excel setup up so if i type 1 that it puts annual into a cell Annual, semi annual, quarterly and monthly. Is this possible?? Thanks -- 867503 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 8675039's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1633 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27756 A VL...

Next Release?
When is the next release of CRM going to be released? There has been no official announcement for the release date of the next version yet. I would expect around may. Kind regards, Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "vendors@persontech.com" wrote: > When is the next release of CRM going to be released? > > > and does anyone knows what are the new features? The announced changes are: Bulk Edit Record Merge Simplified Set-Up Activity Customization Customer Roll-Up Many to Many Relationships Between Customers Products by Customer Outlook Sync Enhancements Workf...

Emailing to a fax number
what is syntax for sending an email to a fax number? That requires an email to fax service. Press CTRL+SHIFT+X in the main Outlook window to start settings things up. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "ljc" <ljc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F87560BF-8996-49B3-88AF-BC49F564FC16@microsoft.com... > what is syntax for sending an email to a f...

Find cell numbers in a table so I can multiply
Hello, I have a word document and in the documents header there is a table. This table a has diferent number of cells in each row like: Row one: 2 cells Row two: 4 cells Row three: 2 cells Row four: 10 cells Row five: 2 cells What I wanted to do is multipy 3 cells together thats in row four and show the total in the same row. I have a number in the 3rd cell that needs * by the number in the fith cell that needs * by the number in the seventh cell and totaled in the 9th cell. I know I have to select the ninth cell and select table/formula then what? -- Thanks, Chad I ...

Help! All my Publisher photos have stopped showing up!
Publisher was working fine at the beginning of the week and now I opened it up today and it will not show any photos. Nothing from templates or that I insert. I have tried to repair the office suite and I have reinstalled the program as well and neither of those things helped. I have also emptied all my temp. internet files because that once stopped my clipart from appearing, but that didn't help either. Please help! I use Publisher way too much to loose it. LKS wrote: > Publisher was working fine at the beginning of the week and now I opened it > up today and it will n...

Changing initials into numbers
I have data that I download into Excel and initials are used for different people. I need to give those initials a number in excel for example MJ = 01, HS = 02..etc. Thank you. On 2/3/2010 9:26 AM, Kathie wrote: > I have data that I download into Excel and initials are used for different > people. I need to give those initials a number in excel for example MJ = 01, > HS = 02..etc. Thank you. see VLOOKUP in Excel help. Bill Kathie You have to be more specific. Where are the initials (column, row, sheet)? Where do you want the numbers placed? HTH Otto &quo...

the number "3" displays like an exposant
je ne comprend pas pourquoi le chiffre 3 apparait comme un exposant dans mon classeur ...

how to stop sync messages in Outlook 2003
I'm support for a few hundred users who have size restrictions on their mailboxes. I'm getting some reports that when they're trying to clean-up they are finding that there are megs-worth of messages in the Sync Issues folders. Is there way to turn off these messages altogether? ...

Socket relared problem (getting free port number dynamically) #2
Hi all, i have one problem related to thread. i am having my main thread running which will on some event create a thread for validation purpose and then will start working. and now this validator thread will create a socket and it will bind to port 20111. and then will wait for client to connect. but before waiting for client to connect it will send a message to the main thread that validation is done. but in this way i need to stick with port 20111.which i really don't want. Is it possible for me to get a free port from operating system or from winsock library and then i should bind t...

Control semi-colon stopped working
In Access 2000, Ctrl-semicolon used to insert the date and Ctrl-Shift-semicolon used to insert the time. In Access 2003, I get the error "The expression you entered has a function name that Diamond cannot find". How do I get this functionality back? Thanks, Rob. > How do I get this functionality back? Sorted - it was a compilation problem as a result of the upgrade. Running MSACCESS.EXE with /DECOMPILE fixed it. Rob. Isn't Diamond an add-in for using Access DBs with Delphi? -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access ...

Number of users
Can anybody tell me the number of users that can use Excel at any one point. I am fairly sure that a number of users can use it at once, but will they have to look at the spreadsheet in a 'read only' state with only one user having the full functions of the spreadsheet. So basically, is it true that a number of users can use it, but the spreadsheet is in a read only format? any help will be most appreciated. Mark -- pompey_student ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pompey_student's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

phone numbers #2
how do i add a new phone number field to the drop down list in outlook? You mean besides the 17 or so that are there? You can't add a new type of phone number. Sorry. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "shauna" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a23801c486cc$833670d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > how do i add a new phone number field ...

Formatting cells for big numbers and formulas ...without the formu
Hello, I am stuck with this: If I want cells to display like 20-digit numbers in numerical form (that is, not the xxx+EXX way), formatting them as a text is okay. But then I need to add formulas and want the results to be displayed. But as the cells are text formatted, the result in the cell is of course the text of the formula plus the number. So my question is - in a cell I want e.g. "12345678901234567890-sum(A1,B1)" and I want the cell to display the resulting number, not the formula itself. How do I achieve this? The maximum precision for a number is 15 digits according to...

entering numbers that begin with zero
I often enter manufacturer model#'s into my spreadsheet. If they begin with zero Excel automatically the zero. What can I do to change this? On Sep 10, 1:15=A0pm, Shannon <Shan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I often enter manufacturer model#'s into my spreadsheet. =A0If they begin= with > zero Excel automatically the zero. =A0What can I do to change this? You can format the cells to accept leading zero's. From the format cells window, look for custom number formats, then in the Type field type 0000 , with each zero representing the number of digits you w...

Upsize AutoNumber field to SQL Server
The Upsizing Wizard Add-In in Access 97 would automatically create an Insert Trigger when upsizing to SQL Server. But when I use the built-in Upsizing Wizard in Access XP (2002), it doesn't seem to create those triggers. Is there an option I'm missing somewhere or will I have to manually create those triggers for my upsized DB? TIA! ...

numbers not correct
When I try to add numbers to a cell, they are converted to a date. How can I correct this? I have the "general" numbers tab selected. (Excel 2007) Think you could either precede the entry with an apostrophe ('), or pre-format the data entry col as text. -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Chicken Dogs" wrote: > When I try to add numbers to a cell, they are converted to a date. How can I > correct this? I have the "general" numbers tab selected. (Excel 2007) ...

Add a number based on list of criteria ??
Example: Cell A = 50, Cell B = 96%, Cell C = Cell A + (Cell A x Cell B) = 98 I want to be able to compare the list of criteria and add a number to Cell C accordingly For example: If Cell B is between 95 and 100%, Add 1 to the total in Cell C If between 85 and 94%, add 2... etc. There are more than 7 so I know I can't simply nest If statements... Any advice on how I could fairly simply accomplish this? TIA! One way: Put your % bands in a table (say in J1:Kx, e.g.: J K 1 0 11 2 5% 10 3 15% 9 .... 10 85% 2 11 ...

Repeat values in column A a certain number of times depending on the value in column B
Imagine a set of data as set out below: Column A Column B Apples 24 Pears 36 Oranges 8 I want to poplulate a column (for exampel column A on a new sheet), where the values in column A will be repeated as many times as the value in column B Thus the first 24 rows will say Apples, the next 36 rows will Pears, Oranges. I need a formula that recogonizes that when it gets to row 25 that it should no longer need to copy Apples, but then switch to pears. This might sound like an unusual request but if I can grasp a way to do this I can create the table I need and populate the rest...