Autocomplete email domain from previous record

Hi All,

I have a form with an email address field in which the domain is often the
same for each new record.  For example, test@domain.com...  the "@domain.com"
portion is often the same.  What I would like to do is somehow have some code
that autocompletes just the domain portion from the previous record when the
user types the "@" symbol.  So, they can then type in "test2" and as soon as
they hit the @ symbol it would complete the field with the domain portion
from the previous record.

Does anyone have a genius way to do this?  :-)

Thank you for your help!

SeanO

0
SeanO

Not receiving email
I am not able to receive emails from many people - many only 15% are coming through based on phone calls. I removed all restrictions. I also am getting very little junk email. This has been going on for 13 days. The only thing (that I know of) that I did was change the password for the Outgoing Server as we were asked to changed this password. I am using Outlook 2007. Hattie Braun wrote: > I am not able to receive emails from many people - many only 15% are coming > through based on phone calls. I removed all restrictions. I also am getting > very little junk ...

Getting email addresses.
Hi, I have a customer who wants to get a list of all the email addresses that are passed through his exchange server, both inbound and outbound. They are using the tracking centre so I was wondering if there was a way of getting the info out of here. Has anyone done this or is it even possible? Is there a better way? Please let me know, Thanks, Chris This information is stored in message tracking logs and in SMTP logs, if logging is enabled. I think your favorite spreadsheet app will help yo with extraction. Logs can be found in \\servername\servername.log. Chris Gradden wrote...

no sound when receiving email
All of a sudden, I don't get a sound when I receive email. I checked to make sure the sound was still set and is on. And it is. Can anyone help me? Thank you. Tools | Options | General. Is "Play sound......" checked? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "TexasSmile" <TexasSmile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52C59B92-30B1-41EC-9347-3B51B5DEF702@microsoft.com... > All of a sudden, I don't get a sound when I receive email. I checked to > make > sure the sound was still set...

Emails sent to public folders not received
Our Exchange 5.5 site was migrated to Exchange 2003 Following the decomissioning of the Exchange 5.5 server, emails sent from external addressed to the mail enabled public folders were not being recieved. The senders were not recieving a bound back or NDR Emails from internal addresses were recieved. This was resolved by giving the anonymous account contribute permissions to the public folders. Question: What happened to the emails that were sent to the public folders before the permissions were changed? There was no NDR. Note: there is a mailsweeper in place Are the emails located on the ...

Email Track in CRM button missing sporadically
I have a customer that on one pc, sometimes when he creates an email in Outlook, the Track in CRM button does not show up on the email form. Later, when he creates another email, the button might be there or might not. Has anyone else seen this or have any suggestions on what might cause this problem? We have uninstalled and reinstalled the Outlook client as well as the update rollup 2. Thanks, -Rick M. ...

email insertion
I have a Publisher file, saved as a PDF file. I don't want to\ simply attach the file but embed directly in the email. Any suggestions? If you search for this subject in this newsgroup, I think you will find that email embedding generally is discouraged, as many recipients have turned off the ability to receive HTML messages (because of the possibility of a virus also being embedded). Best bet seems to be an attachment. Bruce "Brizee" wrote: > I have a Publisher file, saved as a PDF file. I don't want to\ > simply attach the file but embed directly in the email....

Sending Bulk Email to Customers
We have a 8000+ list of customers that we send out a newsletter to on a monthly basis. Is there a best practices to follow when sending that amount of data from our Exchange 2003 server? The email is about 200k in size and if we don't have to cut it down any further we would like to keep it. Our main goal is to conserve bandwidth as much as possible and also manage the NDR's so that we can update our contact list. We will consider 3rd party packages as well. Thanks all! --Adam On 15 Jan 2007 11:08:48 -0800, eckerle@gmail.com wrote: >We have a 8000+ list of customers that we...

Returning records from Recordset object
Does anyone knows how to get records returned from the OpenRecordset function in the session.database.openrecordset function? I would like to returns records from a query using the session object. ...

Filter Form Records button
I'm working with a form that displays all records, but has a filter button to show only a certain year, or all (*). Once prompted for the year in the messagebox, hitting cancel returns me to the form but with NO records showing. How can I hit cancel and have it go back to the form, displaying whatever records it was before hitting the filter button? Here's my current button code: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Private Sub btnFindStyle_Click() On Error GoTo Err_btnFindStyle_Click Dim msg, Style, Title, myResponse msg = "Enter Year...

Signing outlook email
Through empirical tests we find that Outlook is unable to use an email signing certificate to sign email. What it takes is a cert that includes email encryption or an additional cert for email encryption. This seems to be a failure of Outlook and I would like either to confirm this or learn that others are not having this issue. It's certainly possible that we have some configuration problem. The error we receive from Outlook is that the cert is invalid. With a cert that is for both signing and encryption, I can send email with Outlook with only signing or with only encryption o...

Integration Manager
I am working on an Integration where the source is a table in Microsoft SQL. I am using IM 10. and Great Plains 10. I have the flexibility of changing the structure of the table in SQL. I have the following questions: 1. I would like to time stamp the record that has been successfuly imported into Great Plains using integration Manager. Is there any way to do this? Do I need to do this as the integration is running or after it has run? 2. If errors arise for a specific record during the integration, can I mark the record so that next time I upload the integration, only those reco...

Problem generating email address
I have Exchange2003 and Win2003 AD with about 20 child domains running. Now I am experiencing some problem. For one child domain, RUS runs fine and I actually manually did update on RUS. The child domain is located in different geograpgic place and working fine. One word, I don't see any system issue. I created a few new users' email a week ago, by going through the "Exchange Task" process. However, none of their email address is generated. I rebooted email server and child DC. Still the email address is not generated. Any help? Thanks Rick The email addresses a...

Help on tracking email
Hi, When recieved emails with track token from outside, I always got another email with the subject : FW:.... I could not find a rule to ask it to forward to my local account. So what is wrong with it? Any ideas? Thanks, Cindy You can Forward emails/activities from within CRM. It may be possible someone is forwarding these to you. "Cindy" wrote: > Hi, When recieved emails with track token from outside, I always got another > email with the subject : FW:.... I could not find a rule to ask it to forward > to my local account. So what is wrong with it? > Any ideas...

Checking work email from home
Is there a website that you can log onto to check your work email from home? And if so what is the web address? Depends on what your work email is. Ask your admins there, first. If you have exchange server in the office & don't use PST files, you may be able to use Outlook Web Access if they've installed it/allowed access to it. If you use POP mail, you might be able to use www.mail2web.com - just to see non-downloaded mail in your inbox. stacey90210 wrote: > Is there a website that you can log onto to check your > work email from home? And if so what is the web address?...

How do I split a message with an attachment across multiple email.
I want to split a large email across multiple emails because the receiver's email size is only 2MB per email. How do you do this in Outlook 2003 on Windows 2000 Professional please? Thank you. You can't in Outlook. You'll need to split it in advance by using a compression tool like WinZip or WinRAR. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "School-Query" <School-Query@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8FA0D23-F...

Duplicate Email #6
I use two computers at work. Both are setup to check my various POP accounts. I am trying to understand how I could transfer all the email (received and sent) from one machine to the other. My main concern is to not lose any emails and duplicates. I'm trying not to have a bunch of duplicates. Any ideas? TIA Steve Hello Steve, The best is, to get a free email account at gmx or better another account of your own company domain, and configurate a new user and after this you make a rule that all emails going as copy to this new User (email) I think thats it "Steve" <someo...

Images in email signatures .... again!
Using Windows 7 / Windows Live. I can create .html file containing text and images (logo) exactly as I want it to appear as email signature, yet when tagging it as "signature" from Tools/Options/Signatures tab, the text has now got double line returns and the images have red crosses. Looked at the forums and tried a few things but nothing seems to solve it. Please help - bit annoying having to insert jpgs and reformat the prose..... My guess is that you used Word to compose the html. Post the code. X out any personal info. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "plumb...

eMail Attachments over 5 MB
Hello, is there in MS CRM 3.0 a limit for eMail attachments? I had problems with attachments over 5 MB. Can I change it? greetings, Stefan Stefan, 5MB is the limitation. Regards, Kamala Hello, thanks for the early response. can I change this somehow??? greetings, Stefan "kamalabr@gmail.com" wrote: > Stefan, > > 5MB is the limitation. > > Regards, > Kamala > > There's a 5 MB attachment limitation which can be changed from the registry. On the Server HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM\maxuploadfilesize On the Client HKEY_CURRENT...

New Email from a Single User Disappears
I have a situation with one user only at a client site where new email from one and only one sender reaches his mailbox but then disappears. This is Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 SP2 on an SBS2003 server. The messages are coming from a scanner that's on the same network segment as the server and the client PC is. The Exchange SMTP server is configured to allow connection and relay from this scanner's IP address. After a scan to this user's address, the SMTP server log shows the messages coming in and being accepted just fine. If you use an Outlook 2003 profile wi...

I would like to email my outlook appointment calender to my boss
I am now using your outlook express for my appointments and also wish to use it as a report of my weekly activities to be emailed to my boss. Can this be done? I would like to email it to him How are you using OE for that since OE doesn't support a calendar? "Steve The Skiff Sailor" <Steve The Skiff Sailor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBF16032-79FE-4082-BD84-A405BA1433ED@microsoft.com... >I am now using your outlook express for my appointments and also wish to >use > it as a report of my weekly activities to be emailed to my boss. > Can ...

Importing Duplicate Emails
I am attempting to import various messages from a number of PST files, however, although I select do not import duplicates, it still appears that duplicates are being imported. Using OL2000 w/sp2. Also, I have attempted to export, select do not export duplicates, and duplicates are be exported. Any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated. Regards, George ...

How to open Excel email attachment
I have a customer that emails me an Excel file, but I cannot open it. I have only a trail version of Excel 2003 for now. I get the Excel icon highlighted, but not the file. Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "thomnic (removethis) @earthlink.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:379401c48f74$cd8c5180$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a customer that emails me an Excel file, but I > cannot open it. I have only a trail version of Excel > 2003 for now. I get the Excel icon highlighted, but not > the fil...

Exchange 2003 Public Records Requests
Hello all -- I am the Exchange 2003 administrator of a large (500+ users) library. We have a public records requirement that says we have to keep email for a period of three years. However, our top 10 emails users have information stores of anywhere between 1.5G to 2.3 gigs! I would like a way to clean up their deleted items folder of all emails that are older than three years. Is that possible? And if so, then how? thanks, Blake Hi - Check out the functionality of the Mailbox Mananger in combination with recipient policies. You'll probably need to do some reading (the M...

how do i retreive email from old computer
i have setup a new desktop, been in use for approx 2 weeks. i copied the pst file from my old computer to this one but there are still some emails on the old computer that do not show on the new. there are also two sets of personal folders on the old computer. can i go to the old computer and combine the emails/folders? can i then copy and paste the pst file to the new computer without more duplication of folders, contacts and calendar appts? tia You can just copy the other PST (possibly an archive PST) to your new machine then open it using the File menu > Open > Outlook Data File ...

Delete records based on a union query
I have created a union query to combine records from 2 tables into a single table that allows me to find any duplicates between the 2 tables. In a form I have set up a checkbox to to mark the records that I want to delete from one of the tables used to create the union. So my criteria should be that if the checkbox is marked yes in the union query, delete the corresponding record from only the main table. Haven't been able to figure this one out. On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 12:03:01 -0800, jeremiah <jeremiah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a union query to combi...