Auto update a date field when a checkbox is ticked

Hi All
Does anyone know how I can automatically populate a data/time field when a check box is ticked?  This needs to be at record level.  thanks

Get Identity Values of Multi-row insert by using OUTPUT Clause
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/03c8104d-7deb-425e-beb5-dd4f996da99f/get-identity-values-of-mu.aspx
0
Sharon

If you mean when the check box receives a check (rather than when it is
cleared), in the check box After Update event:

If Me.CheckBoxName = True Then
   Me.SomeField = Now()
End If

If you want the time/date to be updated whenever the check box value changes,
leave out the If and End If lines.

If you want the date only, use Date() rather than Now().  Actually, Date()
will store the time, but it will always be midnight.  This could make a
difference in sorting under some circumstances.

Sharon Beresford wrote:
>Hi All
>Does anyone know how I can automatically populate a data/time field when a check box is ticked?  This needs to be at record level.  thanks
>
>Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
>Get Identity Values of Multi-row insert by using OUTPUT Clause
>http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/03c8104d-7deb-425e-beb5-dd4f996da99f/get-identity-values-of-mu.aspx

BruceM

Stale dated checks
We have a number of checks issued in 2007 to various vendors that were never cashed. What is the proper way to handle this so that they do not remain Outstanding Transactions in Bank Reconciliation? Should we void the check in the Payables module and then enter a credit memo to apply to the invoices the check was originally applied to? Or, should you just clear them in Bank Recon and make a reconciling adjustment to balance to the bank statement? Any suggestions would be appreciated. -- Rosalyn Rosalyn, I would do exactly as you suggested - void the checks and enter credit memos ...

How to get TASK_ID field for summary tasks without using Project.a
I know for tasks which are not summary tasks we can get TASK_ID field using statusing web service. But i could nto find any other options than Project web service to get TASK_ID field for summary tasks and the top level project task. Problem of using Project web service is that in my custom sharedpoint web part where we are using PSI web services we get all the data required using Resource and Statusing web service for the logged in resource. But Statusing web service retrieves TASK_ID only for actual tasks and not for summary tasks. Now just to get TASK_ID of summary tas...

How do I chart date ranges with varying start and finish dates?
I want to create a chart that on one axis will show date ranges that have varying start and finish dates. The other axis is a list of project names. Example: Project #1, starts 5/1/05, ends 10/1/05; Project #2 starts 3/5/05, ends 2/2/06, etc. I want a bar chart that I can sort. Any help is very appreciated. : ) It sounds like you need to create a Gantt chart. Here are some resources that might help: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343 ----...

Export dates
Hi... can everybody tell me, how can I export dates from outlook to a infrarot-transmitter to a Java-handy? Should I programming an addin or a VBA-programm? I need a beginning to do this. THX A. ...

Date format in a report
The date is formatted in my table in yyyy/mmm/dd. In one report I need to run for another organization the format needs to be in dd/mmm/yyyy format. How can I change the way it displays in the report? I do not want to change it in the table as I generally want the format to be yyyy/mmm/dd. -- Charlie You can simply use either the format property for the control or you can use the Format() if you need to set the format to something that doesn't already exist. Format([YourDataFieldName],"dd/mmm/yyyy") -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.carda...

Can't get the proper display of a field in my report.
I have 2 tables, both using autonumbers for their primary key. The first table is for contacts (i.e. last name, first name, etc.). The second table is for businesses (business name, etc.) I have a field in my contacts table that has a number format so it can be used as a foreign key for the business table. I then set up the relationship between them & enforced referential integrity. When I run a query, I see the name of the business (after setting up a combo box) - no problem. When I run a report based on that query, a number is displayed (not the business name). Suggestions, pleas...

2007
Project desktop expert, new to Project Server 2007 and working with a sandbox implementation currently. When I use the PWA Build Team...Replace to replace a generic resource on a project with an actual named resource after first publishing a plan, my updates don't appear to be reflected in Project Server. If I check out and open the Project Plan in MSP Pro, however, the updates were made, and then if I publish the schedule, the updates appear in server. I thought when you made resource updates using PWA that they should be reflected immediately (or as soon as the request...

Enable Canadian Tax Detail option should update cost on receipt la
Would like the Enable Canadian Tax Detail option in the Company Setup Options window to work like how Landed Costs work. For example, if I select to post my tax detail to the Inventory account, I would like it to not only update my Inventory account in the General Ledger, but also to update the cost on the Receipt Layer in Inventory so when the Item is sold, it will sell at the Item Unit Cost plus the tax amount. The voucher created in Payables Management would just include the Item Cost without the tax amount. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft re...

Transferring Field from Existing Table/limitations and change of d
Thank you in advance for your help! I have two Excel spreadsheets that I successfully imported into Access 2003 and created tables for. I need to add the field from one table to the other, but there is not a direct match in the relationship. The large table uses the Employee ID as the primary key. The smaller table contains one field that lists a subset of these Employee ID numbers (a selection of certain employees). I need to transfer this field to the larger table, but I do not know how to tell Access to match up the corresponding numbers (i.e., the large table lists all employees, bu...

How do I TRIM a field in existing fields....?
I didn't realize when I imported some data into my database that there were a bunch of spaces after all the data. I know that I can do a RTRIM the data in a query, but I don't want to have to remember every time I create a query to TRIM it. Do I have to use a query and make a temp table and then delete the data from my original table and then put the data back in from my temp table. I can do this, but wanted to know if there is a better way. Thanks Kelvin Kelvin A standard approach to importing (and "cleaning") data is to import/append to a temporary table, then ...

Access 2007 combobox will not "Auto expand"
I have a database converted from access 2003 to 2007. Now ALL comboxes will not allow the "autoexpand" functionality. Obviously I set this property to yes (both in the properties window AND programmatically). Most, but not all, of the comboboxes are populated by queries on ODBC coupled MSSQL tables. Again, in 2003, this worked fine. Anybody an idea ? Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Jos --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- ...

Auto Filter not working
I have a strange problem which occurs from time to time whereby I am unable to activate the Auto Filter function on a list. The filter buttons simply do not appear! Does anybody have any idea why this might happen?? Thanks, Chris J Is the worksheet protected? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Chris Jenkins" <jenkins4308@freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:bf9p58$app$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk... > I have a strange problem which occurs from time to time whereby I am unable > t...

Report repeats a field
Example: John Smith 2,14 5,27 3,18 John Smith 3,17 4,27 7,34 John Smith 1,22 6,57 8,92 I want that the report shows a name(John Smith) only one time like this: John Smith 2,14 5,27 3,18 3,17 4,27 7,34 1,22 6,57 8,92 The report get the informations from a Query that get the information from a table. One way to do this would be to set the "name" control's Hide Duplicates property to Yes. Another way to do this would be to use Sorting & Grouping, then Gro...

Date Query 12-07-07
Hello I'm trying to build a query that shows me all records where a field is older than 90 days from today or are null. I've tried using <Now()-"90" Or Is Null but this doesn't give the desired results. What am I getting wrong? Thanks Assumption: Your field is a date field Field: YourDateField Criteria: Is Null Or <DateAdd("d",-90,Date()) Or try dropping the quotes in your expression so it reads Field: YourDateField Criteria: <Now()-90 Or Is Null -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Center for Health Program Development and Management Un...

Help with cells auto formatting
Hi, I have posted a similar question before however I never really got this sorted so sorry for repeating myself. Basically I use two spreadsheets daily at work all with various information on and various formats in each Column. My problem is when I close the spreadsheet and reopen it the cells that are formatted as 'general' or 'number' turn into Euro currencies. Does anyone know why this happens or how I can stop it? The spreadsheets aren't stored locally they are stored on a serve that only myself and my boss can get onto and we both have the same p...

Problems with DATE data type
Hi!!! I've got a little problem with the next macro in Excel. The problem is that I must look for some information in a data bas using as filter a specific day an hour in the year. I get the date and the hour using a form and then the macro calle "Busqueda" receives the value. I've programmed the macro using MSQuery just to see the necessary cod and the problem has appeared when I've tried to include the para called "Dia" in the SQL code. I've tried using " & Dia & " but it doesn't work and I don't know ho to include my param...

Address Auto Complete
A user of mine is looking for a way to get rid of the address auto complete in his TO: field. Any suggestions? Hi! anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com ha scritto: > A user of mine is looking for a way to get rid of the > address auto complete in his TO: field. Any suggestions? What is the problem? You want only to disable it? Which version of Outlook do you use? Bye Roberto -- Roberto Restelli Microsoft MVP - Office Systems - Outlook We are running Outlook 2002. He wants to disable the feature that automatically suggests an email address from his Contacts list. Ex. when he t...

6/8/2010 Microsoft Office Security Updates failing to install.
All 6 fail to install. Both of the necessary Service Packs are installed on my system. Now what? Just delete them? Kirk MI wrote: > All 6 fail to install. > > Both of the necessary Service Packs are installed on my system. > > Now what? Just delete them? Lack of given information... "Both of the necessary Service Packs" <-- what necessary service packs for what prodcut. I know your subject says "Microsoft Office", but... yeah - there is not just one version of Microsoft Office and you might not even be speaking of Microsoft O...

Issues with MSM 04 Updating Accts
i have MS M 04 and last week when i added a new bank to online services the updating function seems to have stoped working. When i update the accounts i get the summary sheet that says Act XXX has Y items to review, but when i open the account there are no items to review, and no items have been matched either (or rather it has not automaticly gone and matched trasactions). i have watied about a week, removed all online services and re added them and i still have this issue. MSM will update the accounts but now show me what has been downloaded, or let me match transcations. In microsoft.publ...

Update Sales Item through Web Service
I'm using the web service to create and update data within Great Plains. And i can create a sales item, but is it possible to use it to update a sales item? Say the description changes. Can I do an update using the webservice? ...

FORM Calculated Field
I am trying to attempt a simple percentage calculation to provide our sales team for the Opportunity Entity. I have 3 fields 1. estimatedvalue (Est. Revenue)- money 2. closeprobability (Probability) - int 3. dsi_weightedrevenue (Weighted Revenue) - int I need the following calculation to populate my Weighted Revenue (int) field as a percent estimatedvalue X closeprobability = dsi_weightedrevenue I have tried the following script adding it to the OnLoad event of the form being sure to select the "Event is enabled" check box there as well. But after publishing I get nothing but a...

Updated KB Article: Publisher 2003 (834915)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;834915 This article describes a Prepress problem when you print to a RIP or to a workstation where page numbers are printed as Page 1 or as Unknown. This article provides a workaround to print each page range as a separate file with distinctive file names. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org ...

Unspecified error when updating a contact's parent customer
Updating the parent customer on an existing contact raises an 'Unspecified error'. The error details is added below. The error does not get logged in the event log. Updating other fields on the contact works. And this error does not occur for all contacts. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Unspecified error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review ...

Check this internet update
--lnbljautebuanx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mpnneqdp"; type="multipart/alternative" --mpnneqdp Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="kjkurupxpvbje" --kjkurupxpvbje Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "April 2004, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulnerabilities. This ...

Prevent auto date format
When I paste to excel, number with hyphen '-' i.e 2-5 , automatically become 02-may. I know that format cell as text before pasting can prevent auto-date but I had a number of rows of data to paste. When I have to do this for one value, I'll format the cell as Text and then paste into the formula bar. If I have lots, I'll paste into Notepad. Then I'll save that file as a text file (*.txt) Then use File|open to open that text file. The text to columns wizard will appear and I'll be able to specify that these fields should be treated as text. Then I can copy|past...