Auto-tab on combo box

Is there an event that fires when the user selects an item from a combo box
via the mouse?

I would like to have the focus move to another record when the user selects
an item from a combo box via the mouse - without having to click the other
control or press Tab.

Is there a way?

I cannot do it on the Change event because then the focus moves as soon as
the user types the first character in the combo box, and I cannot do it in
the control's AfterUpdate event because that does not fire until the focus
leaves the combo box by the user pressing Tab or clicking elsewhere.

Brian wrote:
> Is there an event that fires when the user selects an item from a
> combo box via the mouse?
>
> I would like to have the focus move to another record when the user
> selects an item from a combo box via the mouse - without having to
> click the other control or press Tab.
>
> Is there a way?
>
> I cannot do it on the Change event because then the focus moves as
> soon as the user types the first character in the combo box, and I
> cannot do it in the control's AfterUpdate event because that does not
> fire until the focus leaves the combo box by the user pressing Tab or
> clicking elsewhere.

AfterUpdate doesn't fire until you leave the control if you type the entry. It
DOES fire without leaving the control if you make a selection with the mouse.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick
4/8/2007 4:05:18 PM
Oops. My error. I thought I had already tested that.

Thanks

"Rick Brandt" wrote:

> Brian wrote:
> > Is there an event that fires when the user selects an item from a
> > combo box via the mouse?
> >
> > I would like to have the focus move to another record when the user
> > selects an item from a combo box via the mouse - without having to
> > click the other control or press Tab.
> >
> > Is there a way?
> >
> > I cannot do it on the Change event because then the focus moves as
> > soon as the user types the first character in the combo box, and I
> > cannot do it in the control's AfterUpdate event because that does not
> > fire until the focus leaves the combo box by the user pressing Tab or
> > clicking elsewhere.
>
> AfterUpdate doesn't fire until you leave the control if you type the entry. It
> DOES fire without leaving the control if you make a selection with the mouse.
>
> --
> Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
> Email (as appropriate) to...
> RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

Auto configuring an LDAP Address book for a Outlook profile
We have written our own LDAP Address Book which plugs into Microsoft Outlook. We are wanting to be able to automatically configure the address book to a profile when installing our product. Does anyone know if this can be done and if so how it can be done? Or even just point me in a general direction? I have looked at the Office resource kit but the configuring profiles as part of that, seems to be more for the actual install of Outlook rather than profiles and doesn't really seem to cover actually adding services (address books) to a profile. ...

hey ya'll how do i auto sum a cell using the letter x instaed of .
hey ya'll how do i auto sum a colum using the letter x instead of using a number To count number of "x"es =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"x") Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:25:04 -0700, jrod98 <jrod98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hey ya'll how do i auto sum a colum using the letter x instead of using a >number Gord answered but I couldn't resist asking what the sum of x and x is? Sinister Rod Serling music here. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "jrod98" <jrod98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Carriage Return in General Text Box?
Have a cell defined as GENERAL with wrapped text. How can I put a carriage return in the middle of my wrapped text and start a new paragraph, all in one cell. Use Alt+Enter -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message news:eJmtR4kAFHA.2608@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Have a cell defined as GENERAL with wrapped text. How can I put a > carriage return in the middle of my wrapped text and start a new > paragraph, all in one cell. > > ...

Text boxes and lines, rectangles etc
Mine question is a bit like Gregs. When I click on Text boxes, lines, circles, rectangles, etc, only the eight dots (handles) appear on the page. No outlines. What must I configure? Actually I think we have the same problem. Greg "Baudinot" wrote: > Mine question is a bit like Gregs. When I click on Text boxes, lines, > circles, rectangles, etc, only the eight dots (handles) appear on the page. > No outlines. What must I configure? It's driving me mad, Greg. Whats the answer? "Greg Bowers" wrote: > Actually I think we have the same problem. > ...

CRM Auto completes Allotments
Hi, I first posted this query on Wednesday (SA time), but did not explain very well. I have a problem being able to enter (input / specify) the allotments for a case line. For those of you who have read it before and can't or won't help, my apologies, please don't read any further. I have reposted because of the large volume of topics over the last few days. The following (I hope) explains my issue properly for anyone who is interested in helping. The 'contract line' form has greyed out the 'Allotments Used' field, after saving the contract line the system make...

Auto Correct Formulas !?
i have a Sheet with column A with all my short codes and Column B with my Long Names in. i want it so that on another sheet i type "R1" in a cell on column E it replaces it with "Results234" Is this possible. ? i have a lot of different short names and long names on the sheet. Many Thanks:D Benn --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sure, just columns A and B in a lookup table, e.g. =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$A$1:$B$100,2,0) when you type R1 i cell A2 and let's say you put this formula in B2 it will return the adjacent cell to the right of the short name...

auto fill #3
hi, i have an excel sheet with student's grades: column A has an icreasing number, column B has the name , column C has the class, column D has the grade. I would like if it is posssible when i filter the students by class at the end of the sheet to be added two columns automatically [with macro, code?? i dont know how :-( ] the first one write if the student is 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc in the class depending on the grade (column D) and the second column write if the grade is lower than 5 the student pass or fail! Is possible the column A when i use the filter to change in a number that is the...

Check box contols move!
I have a spreadsheet with numerous check boxes. Everything looks great when I do a "print preview", but after I close the preview and return to the spreadsheet, a bunch of the check boxes have moved! Have I got a property improperly set, or is it something more sinister? I've looked all over, and can't find an explanation of what the various property settings mean... Bill Hi Bill, See: Controls move to the left of the worksheetin Microsoft Excel 2002http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910 --- Regards, Norman "William M. Bickley" &l...

auto open .xla file
hi all, i've downloaded and used rowliner by cpearson and find it very useful. is there a way to autostart it whenever i open an excel file? tnx! -- rp Hi RP, In Excel, Tools | Add-Ins | Check the Rowlier Add-in | OK If the add-in is not listed, use the browse button to navigate to it. --- Regards, Norman "rp" <rufinojr54@hotpop.com> wrote in message news:u85Drds9EHA.3504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi all, > > i've downloaded and used rowliner by cpearson and find it very useful. is > there a way to autostart it whenever i open an excel file? &...

tab control problem
i have a tab control. there are dialogs in each tab. when i press enter in a tab , the dialog in the tab disappears. however, when i go another tab and choose the disappeared tab it is shown again. i guess when the focus is on the dialog in that tab , and the enter is pressed it disappears. how can i prevent disappear of dialogs in the tabs when i press enter? murat murat aydin wrote: > i have a tab control. there are dialogs in each tab. when i press enter in a > tab , the dialog in the tab disappears. however, when i go another tab and > choose the disappeared tab it is shown ...

HOW DO I Auto inserting date and time?
Can someone out there please help me! Am trying to find what the formula would be to automatically insert date and time (in seperate columns) when another field has been filled. Ie, if cell C3 has data in it, then for C1 to automatically insert the date, and C2 to automatically insert a time. I am told that this IS possible, but I can't work out how to do it! Thank you in advance for any assistance! Shane --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.515 / Virus Database: 313 - Release Date: 01/09/2003 thank you...

Won't Auto download messages even though...
My Outlook Won't Auto download messages even though I have the settings for the POP service to check every 3 minutes. I don't get an error and when I hit Send/Receive the messages then download. Any suggestions? Rick On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 08:56:02 -0800, "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My Outlook Won't Auto download messages even though I have the settings for >the POP service to check every 3 minutes. I don't get an error and when I >hit Send/Receive the messages then download. Any suggestions? > Try increasing your polling t...

email auto reply
Is there any way to set up an automatic "out of the office" reply to incoming email in Outlook? I have looked all over and can't seem to come up with an answer. Thanks The Out of Office Assistant is only available if you are connected to an Exchange server. If you're not, you can spoof the OOA using the Rules Wizard, but Outlook must be kept running in order for the rule to work. Look here for more information: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please r...

How to stop auto restart after update?
I have Windows set up to do automatic updates. Sometimes I will find that the computer has restarted itself, and is sitting there waiting for my password. I don't want this auto restart to occur. I don't see an option just for that. Do I need to disable auto update to prevent this? GC Chips wrote: > I have Windows set up to do automatic updates. > > Sometimes I will find that the computer has restarted itself, and > is sitting there waiting for my password. > > I don't want this auto restart to occur. I don't see an option just >...

Text Box angled
Hi: I am working with a powerpoint document I have inserted a text box I want to angle the text box i.e. slant it; katty corner it Can I make this happen? I can send an attchment of my document if this helps? thanks kathy Might try a PowerPoint newsgroup... Try the autoshapes, make a square, right-click, add text, then rotate. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kathy" <kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3DD257A-FA1F-4EDD-A768-E68B3CE111CC@microsoft.com... > Hi: > I am working w...

Why does the text in a text box disappear after a mail merge?
I have an established publisher file that I have mail merged and the text in most, but not all, of the text boxes have disappeared. Any ideas why? Could it be behind something? A border perhaps? Will the text print even tho you can't see it? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "pepperjeanb" <pepperjeanb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C540A69A-66BC-4817-ACA3-D919888DEF7D@microsoft.com... >I have an established publisher file that I have mail merged and the text >in > most, but not all, of the text boxes have disappeared. Any ideas ...

auto refresh presentation
In PP 2007, I have put a powerpoint presentation on a server. User views these slides by connecting to the server. Slides are set to loop continually until Esc . Everything works fine. But if the presentaion is replaced by a new one, user still see the old slides presentation even the old .ppt file has been deleted in the server. Is there a way to refresh slides show when a new file is created? ...

How to Auto Generate and Unique ID
Hi, i would like to auto generate an unique ID for a field, how can i do auto generate,please tell me some simplest way to do, this ID is for our reference not a security issue,please help me to auto generate the ID, the ID may be in numbers or alphanumberic what ever it may be, Thangam I used this recently for an Account Auto-ID. It will go in the Form's OnLoad Event: //Adds an Auto-Gen Acct Num //Declare some variables var aNumber var bNumber var strNumber var myDate var strDate var nText var fText alert(crmForm.FormType) if(crmForm.FormType == 1) { aNumber = Math.random(); alert(...

Unlimited text in text boxes
Please could someone help? I have created a database using access 2003. The database lists local groups and has various types of respone. One of the responses requires them to write a paragraph about the group, however when I try to tyoe that in to the text box on the form, the box will only let me type in a limited amount of text, (approximately 10 words). How do I change the text box so that it has no limit on the amount of text that can been typed in to it? Thanks Sarah Thanks for that Jeff, I'm probably being very thikc here, but how do I check the size, I looked in propertie...

Check boxes to text 05-10-10
Is there any way to take information from check boxes that were selected and turn it in to text? I want to have multiple checkboxes to select, and add those selected values to the destription line. ex. checkboxes: red, blue, green Once you have selected, it would add to the header: "Order for lables: red, green" It is not clear what you are trying to do. A check box is simply that - a box which can be checked. If you want to insert some text based upon whether a check box in a protected form is checked, then see http://www.gmayor.com/SelectFile.htm -- <>...

Auto Parts
Did any one or any company adapt MS RMS to the auto parts? Auto parts retailers have specific needs. Each part is usually linked to a specific car model: Make, Model, year ...etc. And they need to lookup based on the above criteria. All I could find is that it is possible to implement RMS to autoparts but no one has done it. Way to complacated. there are a few big guys that do it and RMS can't compeate. One reason is that they are also hooked up to suppliers and parts are ordered that way also they can check to see if they have stock. More work then you want. Also some parts work...

Auto Sort ??
I have a worksheet named "Daytona" with range B2:e33. All data in the range is taken from other sheets. Row heading are B2-Name C2-Driver D2-Points E2-Total Data for column D is entered on sheet "Drivers". Data for column E is a sum taken from sheet "Results" I would like to sort the range B3:E33, decending, by column E, whenever the data in column E changes This is one sheet of 36 that have different names, but take data from the same sheet that I would like to sort as well. I've tried VBA codes from others in the forum, but those don't seem to work...

sub-form dependent combo box
To all: I have a subform that has two fields (comboboxes). The first is a list of services. The second is a list of consultants who provide those services. Through the posts on this forum and others (thanks much!) made the list of consultants dependent on the type of service offered. BUT ... Once I open up the form (with the subform in it), the first combobox works fine, but the second one asks me to "Enter Parameter Value" and then gives the Criteria that the second combobox uses to reference the first one. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance! Hi, It would help if you post ...

How do I hide text in a text box in Publisher? #2
I want to put a date in a text box on a flyer, but I want that to be hidden text so it is only viewed on the computer, not on the printed article. Is there a way to hide text in Publisher like there is in Word? ...

chat box dont appears when double clicking on a contact person
In windows 7: The latest version msn messenger live: When i wil chat with one of my contacts, to double click on this contact, my chatbox dont open! I do see my chatbox below, in miniature on my taskbar, and also there cant i maximize the chatbox due double clicking on it. Someone have an idea? For all the people how can help me, thanks in advantage... Greetings Joke, It's probably displaying the window off screen, say if you had some Messenger conversation windows up before the screen changed resolution for a game or similar. To bring it back into focus, hover over ...