Always see Unbound list box borders when printing a form

I have a Form that has some unbound list boxes.  The form gets some of its
data from a previous/linked form, but gets other data from a separate table
in the database that has a join field to certain data items on the two forms.
 No matter what I do to the Borders of the unbound list boxes (make white,
make Invisible, change style, etc.), I can't get rid of the border from
showing up when I PRINT the form!  It does not show up in Form view, or even
print preview!  ... but DOES show up when printed out.  Any tips/ideas?  I've
printed to three different printers, so it does not look like it's a
printer/font thing....
Thanks

On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 08:38:05 -0700, PHS wrote:

> I have a Form that has some unbound list boxes.  The form gets some of its
> data from a previous/linked form, but gets other data from a separate table
> in the database that has a join field to certain data items on the two forms.
>  No matter what I do to the Borders of the unbound list boxes (make white,
> make Invisible, change style, etc.), I can't get rid of the border from
> showing up when I PRINT the form!  It does not show up in Form view, or even
> print preview!  ... but DOES show up when printed out.  Any tips/ideas?  I've
> printed to three different printers, so it does not look like it's a
> printer/font thing....
> Thanks

Did you set the List Box control's Display When property to Screen
Only?
But then why are you printing the form itself? Forms are not designed
for printing. Create a report with just the controls and data you wish
to report on. Print that.
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

"fredg" wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 08:38:05 -0700, PHS wrote:
>
> > I have a Form that has some unbound list boxes.  The form gets some of its
> > data from a previous/linked form, but gets other data from a separate table
> > in the database that has a join field to certain data items on the two forms.
> >  No matter what I do to the Borders of the unbound list boxes (make white,
> > make Invisible, change style, etc.), I can't get rid of the border from
> > showing up when I PRINT the form!  It does not show up in Form view, or even
> > print preview!  ... but DOES show up when printed out.  Any tips/ideas?  I've
> > printed to three different printers, so it does not look like it's a
> > printer/font thing....
> > Thanks
>
> Did you set the List Box control's Display When property to Screen
> Only?
> But then why are you printing the form itself? Forms are not designed
> for printing. Create a report with just the controls and data you wish
> to report on. Print that.
> --
> Fred
> Please respond only to this newsgroup.
> I do not reply to personal e-mail
> .

Drop-down list #5

ignore list
I have importet some contact data into mscrm, When I want to add these contacts to a marketing list (add marketing list members / use advanced find/ add all selected members), the adding stops with an error. I have done a trace during the error (occurs everytime I want to add these contacts) which shows me the following error: [2009-08-24 11:15:36.778] Process:OUTLOOK |Thread:5884 |Category: Unmanaged.Platform |User: PlatformUser |Level: Error | Found crmId {319C876A-CC39-DC11-9F61-0030485C3892} in ignore list. Update notification will be ignored Function: CItemHelper<struct Outlook::_Co...

Pass parameter from FORM to QUERY

Office 2007 forms

Printing In Color
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to print a document in word that is color but it is only coming out in black and white. How can I change the color settings on my printer? Word has no setting to print in color v. B/W -- that's a function of your printer & its driver software. The settings are available in the Print dialog in the Copies & Pages List, but exactly where the setting is located depends to a great extent on what printer you have. Some printers also have physical controls on the printer, itself, but that isn't common. ...

can I snap wrap points to a text box

set print area #2

Why ClassWiard can't see my Class?
I created a class(Class-A), derived a class(Class-B) which derived from CWnd class. When I used mouse right-click on the new-created class, it shows a popup-command-menu which missing "add virtual function" and "add windows message handler". From ClassWizard I couldn't see the new-created class either. I tried to delete myprogram.clw & re-issue ClassWizard, but it doesn't help. Anyone can help ? Thanks, Eagle "EagleChen" <xx@xx> wrote in message news:uRGde941DHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I created a class(Class-A), derived a class(C...

cursor missing from form textboxes
I believe that I know 98% of the little intricacies of Publisher, but I'm stumped on this one. I created a website with a contact page and none of the standard textboxes will show a cursor to indicate with field you are in (I've even made the site live to double check). If you tab between textboxes, the tabbing works, as does typing, there is just no visual cursor to indicate where you are. If you click on the first textbox and type, all is good you can tab to the next box and type, and it's fine. I'd like to have the visual cursor show and can't get it. I also have ...

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

VBA form
Im using a form/macro that i linked to through another thread and a tailoring it to my needs. I basically have it doing what i need but cant get a button to do what i want. When the user starts the macro i brings up the form with a message and 2 buttons (Continue/Cancel). Whe continue is pressed i want the message on the form to change to aniothe message and so on until all messages are shown. Ive attacehed what i working on and apprecaite any help offered. Thank yo +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Excel.zip ...

Refreshing list boxes
Hi, I have created a database so that mulpile users can add detailss to the table - tblDetails from the form frmDetails or amend details in form frmAmend. I have a list box on the main page frmMain which has a list box lstSearch which shows all the records in the database. When users add new record to the database other users cannot see the added records unless the move to another section in the datbase and the return to the main page thus refreshing the list box. Can anyone tell me if there is a way I can put a "Refresh" button on the main page that updated the list box if the use...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Scroll Wheel effecting a form
Is there any way to keep a mouse scroll wheel from having an effect on a form? This is a single form for data entry and if are part way thru the form and for what ever reasom use the scroll wheel all the fields on the form are effected (they dissapear - like going to the next new record). My suggestion to get a mouse without a scrool wheel was not met with enthusiasm. :) Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance The scroll wheel is moving you through the records. Nothing except your view of the records is disappearing. The records are still there. I wouldn't think y...

Find Highest Score In List Formula
Hello all, I'm looking to return the highest score for a users with multiple scores in a list of other users with multiple scores. Thank you, Ron Say the data is like: frank 56 joe 9 frank 74 frank 101 jim 143 jim 146 joe 200 frank 164 joe 135 joe 127 joe 177 jim 10 jim 135 jim 53 frank 190 joe 109 jim 193 jim 29 jim 8 jim 107 joe 93 joe 9 jim 153 jim 186 joe 36 jim 174 jim 141 frank 55 jim 92 frank 141 joe 15 frank 5 frank 34 joe 161 jim 103 joe 88 and we want the max score for frank: =MAX(IF(A1:A36="frank",B1:B36,""...

Listing recurring appointments
I have tried in both Outlook 2002 and 2003 to print a list for my cleaning service that shows the dates in a list. The appointment is set up as a recurring every 4 week. I cannot find a way to list it outside of reading the dates, and writing them on a separate report. Thank you. Can you create a view that shows only those appointments? One way would be to assign a category to them, and then create a new view that filters based on the category field. Then you ought to be able to print just those items, in a table view. Tony Linguini wrote: > I have tried in both Outlook 2002 and 2003 to...

Printing problem in booklet format