address book amendable as required

I would like the facility in WORD to create my own address book, on a
suitable format template, so that any amendments can be typed in and
reprinted, replacing the amended page in a book.

Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database
product that's part of Office Professional.

If you really want to use Word for your address book, you'd be best off
reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Word.

On the other hand, a database may be more appropriate for what you want.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"tomtom" <tomtom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like the facility in WORD to create my own address book, on a
> suitable format template, so that any amendments can be typed in and
> reprinted, replacing the amended page in a book.

0
Douglas

Filter rules not visible for Address Lists on Exchange 2003 ESM
Under Exchange System Manager, when I display the properties of the default address lists including the default global address list , the filter rules properties are not visible. In other words, if I select the properties of the 'Default Global Address List' , on the General tab, I should see the LDAP filter rules under the Description field. Instead there is nothing. I also have the same problem with the RUS properties. There are no attribute parameters. Additionally, when I try to create a new address list, I get (Invalid argument, ID no 80070057). All of the current address l...

Export emails and address book
How do I export emails and address book from Outlook Express on laptop with Win ME to Outlook on desktop with Win XP with no cables involved? Is there a step-by-step guide? Thanks First you'll need to copy all of your Outlook Express data to the desktop computer (you'll have to use a CD or something if you can't network the machines somehow) and import it into Outlook Express there. If you need help with that step, go to http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com for complete instructions on backup and restoration of OE data. Once you have the OE files established on the desktop machi...

Multiples of Same Email Addresses for a Contact
Somehow I have ended up with 2 - 4 of the same email address for every contact. When I enter a name in the To: line I get a box asking me to choose which of the email addresses I want to use. But, they are all the same. I have tried to locate the file with multiple entries, but when I open Contacts there is only on email listed. Where can I find the multiple entries and delete them? Thanks. That special list of contacts is known as the auto-complete feature. Windows Mail does not auto-complete from your regular contacts. It uses a separate list of the last 29 recipients you&#...

How to strip email address out of name
When I enter email addresses using the address book, the address in the To box looks something like this: "John Anders(janders@comcast.net)" How do I change the settings so that the address in the To box appears without the email address in parenthesis ? (I.e., so it looks like this "John Anders") Open the contact and change the Display As field under the e-mail address -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Michael" <...

Show Vendor address when entering invoice, Compare to paper copy
It would be helpful if the Payables Transaction Entry showed the vendor's Remit To address, so it can be compared to the invoice. This helps make sure we are paying the right vendor and mailing the check to the correct address. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the ...

List of accepted SMTP addresses
Does anyone know if there is a way to extract a list of the valid SMTP addresses that an Exchange 2000/2003 server will accept. Some ISP's provide an anti-spam service and charge for the number of mail addresses used however Exchange accepts all mail for the domain and then decides whether to reject it. Alternatively is there a way to get the SMTP service to reject connection if the user is unknown. ...

How to block IPs that repeatedly send to non-existent addresses?
In looking st several Exchange 2003 servers that I administer, I notice many emails to non-existent mailboxes - from the same IP address. So I wonder: how could one configure Exchange to automatically rejecj/block incoming SMTP traffic from IP addresses that repeatedly send to non-existent e-mail addresses(Exchange mailboxes)? I am thinking some type of setting that says "if more than x undeliverable messages within specified time period from the same IP, then block that IP for specified time period..." In my case, that alone would eliminate 90% of all SPAM... Maybe this is some...

Outlook 2000 after XP Home Upgrade requires reinstall
I have just upgraded my Windows 98 running Office 2000 machine to XP Home edition. After upgrading to XP Outlook 2000 requires a reinstall from the Office 200 CD. I bought my machine from a private party with all software already loaded and he did not give me the office 2000 cd's. My question is can I install Outlook 2003 without loosing all my contacts and mail folders or do I have to first obtain a copy of the Outlook 2000 cd to repair Outlook before attempting the Upgrade? Thanks Andrew Nixon You will not lose any data, but I sure wouldn't attempt an upgrade installation...

Need advice re importing email address book from AOL to Outlook
How can I import the address book and saved emails from an America Online account to Outlook? I know how to use the import function in Outlook but it doesn't appear to list the format AOL uses for its address book. I am trying to migrate a small home office from the owner's personal AOL account (email and web browsing) to use Outlook and Explorer but there is too much data (addresses and emails) to manually retype. See http://www.slipstick.com/config/convaddr.htm and http://www.slipstick.com/config/convmsg.htm for ideas. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent t...

global address list #28
In exchange, when a user goes to create an email, can I disable the "global address list" and allow them to pick only from their contact list? thanks, raul rego Instead of disabling the GAL, you can make the users contact list default by telling them to pull up their address list. Go to Tools -- Options and change the "Show this address list first" to Contacts from Global Address List. "jjk" wrote: > In exchange, when a user goes to create an email, can I disable the "global > address list" and allow them to pick only from their contact ...

Automatic reply to external addresses
I have some users wanting to have an automatic reply to all messages sent to a few specific mailboxes. We have always disallowed this in the past because of the potential for mail loops. Can automatic replies to an external address even be allowed in Exchange 2007? If so, are there any safeguards against mail loops? Are there any third-party products that would keep Exchange 2007 from replying to an automatic reply? Thank you. Yes, it's a property of the Set-RemoteDomain cmdlet. In Exchange 2007 it can be made a little safer because you can allow it only to a sing...

Microsoft Exchange offline address book
I got a lot of messages in folder Sync Issues. It is like below: 16:32:41 Synchronizer Version 11.0.5604 16:32:41 Synchronizing Mailbox 'Lisa' 16:32:41 Done 16:32:41 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 16:32:41 0X8004010F I found when I click send/receive button, I got "Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed.An object could not be found.' " in the progress window. After that, there is one more message generated in Sync Issues folder. I have no problem to send/receive email. Please help! Thanks in advanc...

rejected e-mail address to hotmail.com
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'someone@hotmail.com'. Subject 'Reset Your Mouse For 2010', Account: 'po.pacific.net.id', Server: 'smtp.telkom.net', Protocol: SMTP, S...

Yahoo address book!
is it posible to add yahoo address book by configuring Internet directory services (LDAP). lemme if possible? i use oulook 2003 with Win XP -- Jim India Jim <kunalbhardwaj@msn.com> wrote: > is it posible to add yahoo address book by configuring Internet > directory services (LDAP). Only if Yahoo offers your address book via an LDAP server and I'd be mightily surprised if they do. -- Brian Tillman ...

quotation marks in smtp addresses
Hello, Quick and simple question for the Exchange powers.... Is there a way to have exchange pass quotation marks in an email address without it trying to do a check name against the GAL or PAB?? The quotation marks are inserted before the @ and are supposed to "trick" the email client into passing spaces to our 3rd party faxing service. Example: "fax=8035155555/attn=hi everyone"@ipfax4.provider.com The provider says they have never had a customer with this problem...likely answer **I've already turned off auto check name in Outlook** THANKS!! bump!! - need help,...

Exchange 2007 recipient policies create duplicate addresses
Bug report: The Exchange 2007 recipient policies will gladly create two objects with the same address. We get no indication of the situation until senders inform us that their messages to the address that was duplicated are bouncing. This is aggravated by the aggressive enforcement of recipient policies in Exchange 2007. We hope you're able to fix this as soon as possible. Thanks ...

Default Postal Address & Applescript
Hi, I'm trying to retrieve the default postal address of a contact using Applescript. The applescript I'm using is: set thisDefaultPostal to name of default postal address of theContact Where 'theContact' contains a list of contacts. For some reason the command returns 28005 for home and 29291 for work postal addresses. What is the significance of these numbers? I was expecting either "Home", "Work" or "Other" as it states in the documentation. By the way, I'm also extracting other information from 'theContact' which ...

the address returned from "new" statement is 4-byte aligned?
Hi i'm using intel P4. when I write the statement like char *p=new char[512] what's the p value, is it aligned by 4 bytes? that's is p%4==0? and, now I'm using the Intel SSE2 instruction to do some fast algorthm, some instructions I need to move data from memory to XMM0 registers(which is 128 bits) should be be aligned on 16-byte boundaries. so, how can use these Instructions when I should take some operations on data just "new" on the heap. Is there any suggestions to solve this problems? thanks It is likely; in fact, it is probably true that p%8==0. But tha...

I vcan't save a new appointment in Outlook 2003 or amend/delete
-- dgs Any error messages when you try to? "DavidS" <DavidS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:248D1211-C7A1-46AD-AB8C-56A9CC80C084@microsoft.com... > > -- > dgs ...

Remove blank spaces in an address
Hi there, is there a way to delete a blank spaces from an address i.e. 124 High Street would then be 124HighStreet I've played around with LEFT and RIGHT functions and & " " but can't quite get it. Any help would be appreciated. Try SUBSTITUTE: =SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","") HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi there, > >is there a way to delete a blank spaces from an address > >i.e. 124 High Street > >would then be 124HighStreet > >I've played around with LEFT and RIGHT functions and & ...

Email address not verified in windows live messenger
I can change my screename without any problem but some of my contacts said that my screename says email address not verified. Most of my contacts can see my normal screename and doesn't say email address not verified. I'm using a @hotmail.co.uk email. Does anyone know how to get rid of this? Thanks. ...

Address list based on nested group?
Helllo. Exchange 2003 SP1. I'm attempting to create address lists based on group membership to ease administration. For direct members, this works fine. But the filter doesn't follow nesting, so nested members are not added. For example, an address list based on member of AllStaffGroup as shown below only includes User1 and User2, not User3 and User4. AllStaffGroup - User1 - User2 - DepartmentStaffGroup DepartmentStaffGroup - User3 - User4 Are there any workarounds? Other suggestions? ...

address labels
I have an address list I want to print on avery 5160 labels. does anyone know how to do this? You can use the Mail Merge feature in Word to print the data, with your Excel file as the data source. There's information on the Word MVP site: http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm And David McRitchie has instructions on his web site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm sumwork wrote: > I have an address list I want to print on avery 5160 labels. does anyone know > how to do this? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http...

Missing purported Responsible Address
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C5A74D.FE4089D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable can anyone tell me if this erorr is from my local exchange 5.5 server or = from the recipients? Or any information on how to solve this issue? Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test 4u Sent: 8/22/2005 2:22 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: John Doe on 8/22/2005 2:35 PM Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The ...

include users without email into address list
Hello, is it possible to have even users WITHOUT email included in the address list (the best would be global :-)). My users know only their outlooks, but want to search for other's telephone numbers even when they do not have an email address. many thanks Ondra no...only mail-enabled users will appear in the Global Address List. You might want to configure a public folder contacts list and populate that with other names/phone numbers... "Ondrej Sevecek" <ondra at my_surname dot com> wrote in message news:OqUIz5uhFHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello, > ...