Adding pop up help on command buttons

I have several buttons on a form which a user can use to navigate around my
database.

I'd like to have a textbox that I will appear at the bottom of the form that
will change whenever the user hovers above one of the control buttons.  How
is the best way I can achieve this?

--
TIA

If you put some text in the button's ControlTip Text property, it will pop
up as if by magic when the mouse hovers over the button.

"tsison7" <tsison7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have several buttons on a form which a user can use to navigate around my
> database.
>
> I'd like to have a textbox that I will appear at the bottom of the form
> that
> will change whenever the user hovers above one of the control buttons.
> How
> is the best way I can achieve this?
>
> --
> TIA

0
Baz
1/2/2008 6:46:34 AM
Magic!!!  That's what I was looking for.  But is there also an event for when
the mouse hovers over a control?
--
TIA

"Baz" wrote:

> If you put some text in the button's ControlTip Text property, it will pop
> up as if by magic when the mouse hovers over the button.
>
> "tsison7" <tsison7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have several buttons on a form which a user can use to navigate around my
> > database.
> >
> > I'd like to have a textbox that I will appear at the bottom of the form
> > that
> > will change whenever the user hovers above one of the control buttons.
> > How
> > is the best way I can achieve this?
> >
> > --
> > TIA

In Access the MouseMove event is the best you can do.

> Magic!!!  That's what I was looking for.  But is there also an event for
> when
> the mouse hovers over a control?
> --
> TIA
>

> "Baz" wrote:
>
>> If you put some text in the button's ControlTip Text property, it will
>> pop
>> up as if by magic when the mouse hovers over the button.
>>
>> "tsison7" <tsison7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have several buttons on a form which a user can use to navigate around
>> >my
>> > database.
>> >
>> > I'd like to have a textbox that I will appear at the bottom of the form
>> > that
>> > will change whenever the user hovers above one of the control buttons.
>> > How
>> > is the best way I can achieve this?
>> >
>> > --
>> > TIA

0
Baz
1/2/2008 7:19:53 AM
Here's a short tutorial on TheScripts site that explains the use of the
MouseMove event and gives an example. What you do, in a nutshell, is use the
control's MouseMove event to trigger something (such as a pop up message)
then use the form's Detail section MouseMove event to reset (make the pop up
disappear) the behavior.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
1/2/2008 10:12:13 AM
What kind of control?  The command button is a control, too...

--
Regards

Jeff Boyce
www.InformationFutures.net

Microsoft Office/Access MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor
http://microsoftitacademy.com/

"tsison7" <tsison7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Magic!!!  That's what I was looking for.  But is there also an event for
when
> the mouse hovers over a control?
> --
> TIA
>

> "Baz" wrote:
>
> > If you put some text in the button's ControlTip Text property, it will
pop
> > up as if by magic when the mouse hovers over the button.
> >
> > "tsison7" <tsison7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have several buttons on a form which a user can use to navigate
around my
> > > database.
> > >
> > > I'd like to have a textbox that I will appear at the bottom of the
form
> > > that
> > > will change whenever the user hovers above one of the control buttons.
> > > How
> > > is the best way I can achieve this?
> > >
> > > --
> > > TIA

0
Jeff
1/2/2008 12:48:31 PM
The MouseMove event is available for all major controls on a form, including
command buttons.