Adding new record to a form

I have a form with a command button to add a new record. The first field on
the form is a lookup field where I would like to select an item to fill in
the field, the rest of the fields require data entry. When clicking the add
record button a blank form opens but I cannot add any data to it. I can see
the option in the lookup field but cannot select one. On the other fields
that require data entry, I cannot enter anything. On the forms property I
have 'allow additions, yes'. How can I get this to work?

Bg1 -

What is the recordsource for your form?   If it is a query, then is the
query updateable?  You can check by opening the recordsource property in
query design mode and checking it in databasheet mode.  If the last record
has the "*" record for input, then your recordsource is updateable.  If not,
you cannot use that query as a recordsource to update the tables.

--
Daryl S

"bg1" wrote:

> I have a form with a command button to add a new record. The first field on
> the form is a lookup field where I would like to select an item to fill in
> the field, the rest of the fields require data entry. When clicking the add
> record button a blank form opens but I cannot add any data to it. I can see
> the option in the lookup field but cannot select one. On the other fields
> that require data entry, I cannot enter anything. On the forms property I
> have 'allow additions, yes'. How can I get this to work?

Additional lookup for contacts on opportunity form
Hi, I try to customise CRM 3.0 without any training - therefore a question for which I need some help. On the opportunity form exists a look-up (potentional customer) for contacts/accounts. I'd like to add an aditional one to the form (to replace the decision maker). I tryed to create a new field on the opportunity entity but there's no field-type "look-up". It's also not possible to create a new relationship to the contact entity (both system entity's). Does anybody of you know how I can do this? (if yes - please explain it more detailed...). Thanks Joerg Look...

Forms 07-27-07
Hi, A VB Code is used that has the following line: Me.Visible = False (Me refers to the forms names frmBirthsearch) After this line a second form (form2) is opned based on a query that reads two dates from the frmBirthsearch using the line code: DoCmd.OpenForm "frmBirthdates", acViewNormal at this point frmbearthsearh is hidden. What command shold I add after this in order to close the frmbirthsearch? ...

Slow outlook after new server
Hi I have recently replaced a very slow sbs server with a super dooper dell sbs server. I exported the outlook stuff into pst files before disconnecting the old server and then imported the pst files back into outlook after connecting the new server. The problem is clients are complaining of slow outlook response specially on one particular pc. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards That depends on the definition of 'slow response'. If you want faster delivery of email internally (like, if 30 seconds is too slow), then turn off cached mode in Outlook. If...

New message opens up behind outlook window
Everytime I click new in my inbox to open a new message, the new message pops up behind the main oulook window. does anyone know how to make this stop? ...

Help with PTR Records
I'm confused as to how to have our ISP setup a PTR record for our Exchange 2000 server. Does the PTR record have to be the exact same name as the computer name of our Exchange server? For example, if our Exchange server's computer name is "exchange", making the FQDN exchange.domain.com, does the PTR record need to be "exchange.domain.com"? Now, assuming that I put an anti-virus/spam filtering appliance in front of our Exchange server, so that all outgoing e-mail goes through the appliance, does the PTR record need to be the name of the Exchange server or the ...

Adding Contacts Folder as Address Book in Exchange Server
I am trying to add my contacts folder to my address book in Outlook XP and don't see the Tools, Options I used to see in Outlook 2000. How can I add this folder to my address book? Is that an option you can turn on or off for a profile in Exchange Server? Thanks!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Right click on your Contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book. Can you tick the box there? If not, go to tools, e-mail accounts, view/change address books, and make sure you have the Outlook Address Book option there. Then try right-clicking...

New to Mail Merge
So I am checking to see if I can merge a list of names(roughly 450) into a template in Publisher that will be used a name plate of sorts. I also want to include years of services in the template, i.e. John Smith 12 years of service. Is this possible and what is the easiest route? Yes it is very possible in Publisher. There is a lot of help here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx If you decide to use Publisher there is a registry fix that will be beneficial. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/registryfix -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvp...

O2003 New Toolbars Saved Where?
I have XP with O2003 on one computer. Just got a new computer with W7 and installed O2003. I copied over the "outcmd.dat" file and I can see my data (e.g. views) so I know its using the correct "outcmd.dat" file. However two custom toolbars I created are not shown nor are they in the customized toolbar list. Are custom toolbars saved in a different location? Thanks Shawn On Jul 24, 6:22=A0pm, srm <s...@primatech.com> wrote: > I have XP with O2003 on one computer. Just got a new computer with W7 > and installed O2003. I copied over the "outcmd.dat" ...

Adding an "I'm out of the Office" Message
Re Outlook Express. I can't find anywhere on the index about how to send one of those "I will be out of the office from July blah blah to August blah blah." Anyone help, please? thanks-- Richard Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexp...

How to add new entity?
Hi. I'm now researching the customization abilities of MS CRM 1.2. So I have a small task, which I'm not able to accomplish with SDK. The main question is how to add additional entity to CRM? I need to add entity "Pets", and dictionary "PetTypes". Pets should be linked with Contacts (1:M). Pets should have 3 attributes: - Name (string of 150 chars), - Type (value from PetTypes dictionary), - Description (string of 1000 chars) PetTypes should have 3 entries: "Cat", "Dog" and "Parrot" I expect that i...

Error creating new task
Error .. "Could not complete operation. One or more parameter values are not vaild" ...

Setting Outlook settings to new server
We are in the process of moving mailboxes to a new server. Is there a utility or ad policy to automatically configure outlook to point to the new exchange server? Instead of manually configuring the users outlook profile. On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:15:01 -0800, Rich <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are in the process of moving mailboxes to a new server. Is there a utility >or ad policy to automatically configure outlook to point to the new exchange >server? Instead of manually configuring the users outlook profile. If you are moving the mailboxes in the same org vi...

A first look at the new Office Snapin for MSCRM
http://blogs.msdn.com/jstraumann -- John [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of any included script or code samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm. ...

New Static IP
SBS2003R2 We'll be moving our office this coming weekend. We will be getting a new static IP from our ISP (I tried to get them to let us keep our existing one but they said that would take "an act of God"). Our mail is delivered to our server after being filtered for spam by McAfee. Our server is configured to only allow mail from McAfee's range of IP address and an internal IP for a "scan to email" device. In an effort to make this move as smooth as possible I'll be calling McAfee in advance of this move and setting up a "ticket number"...

Adding a button with a function on protected sheets.
How do i add a button to 'reset/clear' the data on a worksheet that is protected and uses VLookup data (from another worksheet). Everyday this table will have data chosen from combo boxes or manually entered in allowable editable fields and at the end of the day after the files is saved, I need to clear that data for use on the next day. How is this Reset button applied with allowable edit ranges, VLookup data and a protected worksheet? Thanks There's several ways to do this. 1. Instead of straight vlookups, use =IF(ISBLANK(VLOOKUP(....)),"",VLOOKUP(....)) wher...

How to copy aQuery to a new Table?
I have a database in a Table, a report based on that same Table and a Query based on that Report. After two months or so I like, after some new data input, to save the Table into a new Object Table. What is the best way for the Report and Query to follow the new Table whitout recreating the original Report & Query? Thankyou for your comments. I use MS Office Access 2007. Joe T >>I have a database in a Table, a report based on that same Table and a Query based on that Report. Your phrasing is wrong when it comes to the elements of an Access database. A dat...

"could not fetch new headers " ERROR
i get the error " could not fetch new headers in the inbox of IMA server.The operation was cancelled ", while using my outlook 2000 o win98se mach. config: smtp/imap thro internet mail a/c option pl try to provide solutions to it. the error message pops up say every 5 min whenever outlook is on. thnks n regards gir ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com aggiridharan <aggiridharan.149yy0@outlookforum.com> wrote: > i get the error " coul...

forms and column lengths
Is there a way to have excel do an auto "carriage return" to the next row when you have reached the specified maximum number of characters in the row above?? Hi there's n o bulit-in feature for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Blair" <Blair@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C1D2CAAD-C4E9-492A-ADF4-CBDB659514A3@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to have excel do an auto "carriage return" to the next row > when you have reached the specified maximum number of characters in the > row > above?? ...

Middle mouse button does not always open in new tab anymore
Hi! I am experiencing the problem that when I click with the middle mouse button on a link (for example google search results) it does not always open it in a new tab anymore. In about 20% of the cases it takes over the current tab instead. The same problem is explained here in german: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.de.internetexplorer&tid=cd463718-8df6-4ee4-9e8a-9ee527837f83&cat=&lang=de&cr=DE&sloc=&p=1 But since there was no answer found so far I decided to take it to the next level (english c...