Add Record from form into two tables

I have a form (frm_Invoice) that records phone serial # from customers. I
want to create a new record in both the tbl_Inventory and
tbl_Inventory_Detail when someone scans in a DEC_SN into the frm_Invoice.
The issue I am running across is that the tbl_Inventory_Details has a child
relationship to the tbl_Inventory. I chose this set up because most of the
inventory is manually entered from shipments received from a warehouse. I
created a form and sub form for the inventory tying the SN_ID from each table
on a one to many relationship.

I do not know how to update both tables at once. I tried appending the data
from the form into the tbl_Inventory_Detail but since it is a child it will
not allow me to save the record.

tbl_Inventory has these fields:
SN_ID - Autonumber PK
Order_ID – Text – this is an identifier to tie the shipments or invoices
Receive_Date - Date
TimeStamp_In - Time

The tbl_Inventory_Detail has these fields:
SN_ID – Number: Linked to tbl_Inventory
Receive_Date – Date: updated from tbl_Inventory
TimeStamp_In – Time: updated from tbl_Inventory
DEC_SN - Text – PK

The tbl_Invoice (frm_Invoice) has these fields:
DEC_SN_IN – Text: This is the serial # from the customer
Date – Date: Date invoice was created
TimeStamp – Time: Time invoice was created

splitting one column into two columns ... not what you think
i have fixed column widths that can't be changed; nor can any other columns be added to the worksheet ... i've got data in one column that represents "results" ... within the results column though, i need two columns (starting directly below the "results" cell, one that reads "in range" and that other that reads "out of range" ... so: if i'm on [column a] [cell 1] i want: "results" ... in [column a] [cell 2] i want: "in range" AND "out of range" with a line down the middle. "text to column" is ...

Passing data from one form to another

Pivot Table Question #15
Hey all, Love pivot tables but i have a question, the table is set up as so Month Pallet# BoxesPur BoxesSold Price Frt Gross Net Jan 1 5 1.0 ..3 Formula Formula 2 5 2.0 .5 3 10 3 .15 Jan Total 10 10 6.0 ..95 So, the problem is in the Jan Total row, is there a way...

Constructing Hyperlink from the Database Record fields
I am working on a Windows XP environment using MS Office 2007 including Access 2007. I want to open a document from Access 2007 which I can easily do with Hyperlink type field. However since all the necessary information is already in the Database Record I try to avoid creating additional field which would be a Hyperlink type on the Form unless it is absolutely necessary. Below is the code that I have to construct the FullFileName which consisted of ServerName, Division, Unit, RequirementDirectory, FolderName and the FileName itself. As you can see the Database records has al...

Conditional sum
Hi Can you help? I would like to sum a matrix according to a condition in a row and in different condition in a column. I know how to do this one dimensionally (either in the row or the column) using sumproduct, but what about two dimensions? Let me give an example, number of widgets produced each week by each type of machine A B C D 1 weeks>>1 2 3 2 Type 1 10 15 11 3 Type 2 20 5 10 4 Type 1 5 12 21 Etc So, I’d like the formula to be a...

form and query problem. please help.

Keeping Sent Items in sync across two PCs
I asked this question a few days ago in the microsoft.public.outlook.general forum but didn't get any replies, so I thought I'd try here instead... I have two computers, and both use Outlook 2000 for email. I don not use an Exchange server - email is by POP3/SMTP. Both computers collect the same email by POP3, and are set up to leave messages on the server for 30 days so nothing is missed on either PC. This works well, but the only problem is that when I send an email, it is only in the Sent Items fold of the PC that I used to send the email. Is there a way to 'copy' group...

HELP
We have an application that is used by over 8000 people worldwide. One of our users is just starting to have the following problem: Run-time error '-2147467259(80004005)': Method 'Add' of object 'CommandBarControls' failed I have read that this problem can be caused by trying to open the file in Internet Explorer. The user has told me that she has tried opening MS Excel and then the .xls file and she still gets the same problem when the file is trying to open. She is the only one that has had this problem. Could there be something wrong with her Excel settings or som...

Two different hyperlink colors
I have created a publisher document that I am using as email stationary. I have created some blue buttons that I have put hyperlinks on. I want the hyperlinks to not show up as blue on the buttons, so I changed the color scheme so they show as white. However, in the main body of my email, there are also a few hyperlinks. Because I've changed the color scheme, these hyperlinks are also showing up as white. I've tried just highlighting them and changing the font to black but that does not work. Is there anyway to change the hyperlink color in the body of my email? Than...

Retrieving sorted data from same table.
Hi All, I am working on a table (mentioned below) I am looking for a query which can get me the data according to the =93id=94 column with respect to speed. The condition is that I have to get three consecutive entries which have speed > 60 Below is the sample table with data on which I have to retrieve the data on above condition. The output i need can be as given below DVXC002 12/10/09 0:12 96 DVXC002 12/10/09 18:40 89 DVXC002 12/10/09 19:43 65 DVXC005 12/10/09 11:56 69 DVXC005 12/10/09 15:26 62 DVXC005 12/10/09 17:35 85 Need your help urgently....Thanks in advan...

Form Formatting
I have a subform (datasheet view) in a form where I want to make one column a different color. I can go into Design view and change the color but it doesn't change in the form view. This form was made ages ago with an automatic format and now I can't get away from the automatic format. Help! "DSmith" <donna@DONTSPAMresxrn.com> wrote in message news:eQARsjI6KHA.4508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have a subform (datasheet view) in a form where I want to make one column >a different color. I can go into Design view and change the color but it >doe...

How to add series with VBA?
How can I add multiple series to an existing Excel graph using automation from Access 2000? I'm trying to set up a loop that will define the Xvalue and YValue for each series, but not sure how. I'm creating up to 100 Excel worksheets at a shot with data from Access 2000, and each worksheet needs to have a graph with multiple series. The worksheet creation loop looks like this: For i = 1 to sn.Count db.Execute "SELECT * INTO [Excel 8.0;Database=" & strXlsPath & "].[" & _ strSheetName & "] FROM tblExcelData", dbFailOnError Next Then ...

Report for single record
I have a report that shows much data about a single record that I am trying to reuse from a previous database. In my new DB, the project manager is set in an intermediate table between project data and contact data. How do I reference a table outside the forms data source? Can I run a query in a form without having to build a query? Several possibilities. If you just need to look up a single value from another table so you can limit the report to the correct value, DLookup() should do that for you. See: Getting a value from a table: DLookup() at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07...

Mastering Great Plains Tables
Greetings, Does anyone have or know where I can acquire a detailed document detailing every single Great Plains table? I've used the data dictionary on and off over the years and have familiarity with a decent number of the important tables that are critical to my work, but is there something a little more detailed so that I can get at least a cursory understanding of *all* the tables? I'm thinking of creating a flash card for each table and on the back writing a brief sysnopsis of what it's used for, then regularly quizing myself. Failing anything else, I'll probably use th...

telnet client in access form
Hello. I am trying to creat a form for work that involves connecting to a telnet server to automatically send and retreive specified data. I am new to VB and I am not sure why my code is not working... anybody help me out? Here is the code that seems to be generating the error: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) telnet.RemoteHost = "HOST" telnet.RemotePort = 23 End Sub (obviously i have replaced removed the host name since i am posting this) ...

Pivot table Data field question
I create a pivot table from three columns of data, using the Wizard.In the Layout dialogue, I drag one of my fields to the Rows; I drag anther field to the Columns. I need to drag a third field to the Data area. There's no conflict there, each Data cell of the resulting matrix would be unique. Excel doesn't let me do this. It insists on using a calculation, e.g. Sum of [field3], Count of [field3], etc. How do I convince Excel to insert just the value of Field3 in the Data? -- Regards Gershon Shamay The field you drag to the data area will always be summarized. However, if the v...

Template Wizard, why aren't records being created in database
When creating a template using the Template Wizard, the database is being created but only the field headings are created. Why aren't the records being created in the database? ...

I want to add scroll bar functionality in my screen capture utility
hi all, i have developed an application that shows a list of all running windows and allows user to capture their screens. I want to add scroll bar functionality in this app. I have add the scrollbar. scroll bars move but they dont scroll the image. please help me thanks & regards shoeb shoeb ali wrote: > hi all, > i have developed an application that shows a list of all running windows and > allows user to capture their screens. I want to add scroll bar functionality > in this app. I have add the scrollbar. scroll bars move but they dont scroll > the image. please ...

Trouble with forms I created in Word 2003
I create form field forms for my department. Recently upgraded to Office 2007. I can't seem to access many things in the "ribbon" in order to unlock the form and/or make any changes, access the header/ footer etc. I have spent hours trying to figure this out and have tried things I have seen in various forums to no avail. Please help! "HBForsyth" <HBForsyth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BDD0D0C-AA9B-4E5B-A632-BE4B7E4DD6E1@microsoft.com... > I create form field forms for my department. Recently upgraded to Office >...

Table SY00800 in DYNAMICS Database
Working in Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 Tools>>Utilities>>Purchasing>>Reconcile Process I get the messages: You can’t complete this process while transactions are being edited. I’m tried to reconcile because any time access Purchases Order Entry I get the message: Purchase Order Processing setup information is missing. Also access Batch Inquiry Inquiry>>System>>Batch show me the Purch. Order Entry Status Edit, but I don’t know how delete or change the status. Looking in SQL I found SY00800 in DYNAMICS Database that has the records all with 0 in posting’s colum...

Pivot Table and Zeros #2
The cell has a value of zero, it's not blank. The value is coming from a formula that equals 0 Tk -- mense2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mense23's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=717 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26957 Hi you may change your formula to return only "" -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "mense23" <mense23.1e6dhy@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:mense23.1e6dhy@excelforum-nospam.com... > > ...

Pivot Tables #8
I have two spreadsheets and a pivot on each spreadsheet - the layout is exactly the same yet the output is different. How can I make them exactly alike. One has "data" listed Pric Uni Tota and one has "data" listed Price Unit Tota How can I get the data to list across instead of down? Drag the Data field button onto the cell which contains the word 'Total', and the fields will be arranged horizontally. T...