Access tab control from Lebans

Hi to everyone in the newsgroup,

recently I was surfing in the Lebans's website and  at this link
http://www.lebans.com/tabcolors.htm, I found an mdb example to enhance the
standard Access TAB control. Unfortunately, due my poor knowledge in Access
and VBA code, I am having problems to use it on my own form.
Of course, I exported to my db the module and the class and I copied all the
necessary too, but it's still telling me: ''Unable to create DIBSection''.

Could someone explain me how to do? May be, I will appreciate a step by step
help or something else.

Thanks to everyone will give to me an hand
Stefano.

0
Stefano

On the TabColors Web page it clearly states:
Notes:

You must set the Tab controls TAB Fixed Height and Width properties

--

HTH
Stephen Lebans

"Stefano" <riccifs@tin.it> wrote in message
> Hi to everyone in the newsgroup,
>
> recently I was surfing in the Lebans's website and  at this link
> http://www.lebans.com/tabcolors.htm, I found an mdb example to enhance the
> standard Access TAB control. Unfortunately, due my poor knowledge in
> Access and VBA code, I am having problems to use it on my own form.
> Of course, I exported to my db the module and the class and I copied all
> the necessary too, but it's still telling me: ''Unable to create
> DIBSection''.
>
> Could someone explain me how to do? May be, I will appreciate a step by
> step help or something else.
>
> Thanks to everyone will give to me an hand
> Stefano.

0
Stephen
8/27/2007 4:42:48 AM
On 27 Ago, 06:42, "Stephen Lebans" <ForEmailGotoMy.WebSite.-
WWWdotlebansdot...@linvalid.com> wrote:

You right Stephen, many thanks for your help! Now eveythink works
properly on my form.
Next time I will read more carefully all the notes on yuor site...
sorry about that.

Stefano.

> On the TabColors Web page it clearly states:
> Notes:
>
> You must set the Tab controls TAB Fixed Height and Width properties
>
> --
>
> HTH
> Stephen Lebanshttp://www.lebans.com
> Access Code, Tips and Tricks
> Please respond only to the newsgroups so everyone can benefit.
>
> "Stefano" <ricc...@tin.it> wrote in message

> > Hi to everyone in the newsgroup,
>
> > recently I was surfing in the Lebans's website and  at this link
> >http://www.lebans.com/tabcolors.htm, I found an mdb example to enhance the
> > standard Access TAB control. Unfortunately, due my poor knowledge in
> > Access and VBA code, I am having problems to use it on my own form.
> > Of course, I exported to my db the module and the class and I copied all
> > the necessary too, but it's still telling me: ''Unable to create
> > DIBSection''.
>
> > Could someone explain me how to do? May be, I will appreciate a step by
> > step help or something else.
>
> > Thanks to everyone will give to me an hand
> > Stefano.

0
riccifs
8/27/2007 6:42:18 AM
On 27 Ago, 08:42, ricc...@tin.it wrote:
> On 27 Ago, 06:42, "Stephen Lebans" <ForEmailGotoMy.WebSite.-

Sorry Stephen one more question, If I try to reproduce the form called
"tabs" in yuor example, when I mouve the mouse over the Label81, I
have now this kind of error:
Run-time error 2467, the object of which you are refering in the
expression could be closed or deleted, and the VBA editor highlight
this part of your code: "Me.TabCtl.Pages(curTab).SetFocus".

What I'am missing now!? I hope you will have the patience to aswered
to me again...
Thaks a lot
Stefano.

> WWWdotlebansdot...@linvalid.com> wrote:
>
> You right Stephen, many thanks for your help! Now eveythink works
> properly on my form.
> Next time I will read more carefully all the notes on yuor site...
> sorry about that.
>
> Stefano.
>
> > On the TabColors Web page it clearly states:
> > Notes:
>
> > You must set the Tab controls TAB Fixed Height and Width properties
>
> > --
>
> > HTH
> > Stephen Lebanshttp://www.lebans.com
> > Access Code, Tips and Tricks
> > Please respond only to the newsgroups so everyone can benefit.
>
> > "Stefano" <ricc...@tin.it> wrote in message

> > > Hi to everyone in the newsgroup,
>
> > > recently I was surfing in the Lebans's website and  at this link
> > >http://www.lebans.com/tabcolors.htm, I found an mdb example to enhance the
> > > standard Access TAB control. Unfortunately, due my poor knowledge in
> > > Access and VBA code, I am having problems to use it on my own form.
> > > Of course, I exported to my db the module and the class and I copied all
> > > the necessary too, but it's still telling me: ''Unable to create
> > > DIBSection''.
>
> > > Could someone explain me how to do? May be, I will appreciate a step by
> > > step help or something else.
>
> > > Thanks to everyone will give to me an hand
> > > Stefano.

0
riccifs

Word merged with Access
I am using both Word and Access 2003. When I merge a Word Letter with Access, sometimes not all of the queries show up, in the drop down box, to link the letter with. Does anyone have any ideas of why this happens? Is there a way to make all of the queries show up? Are the queries limited to a certain number? I would appreciate any help or ideas that you can give me. Aurora Aurora Without more information, I can only guess... Any chance any of those queries that are not showing up are NOT "select" queries (i.e., they are Make Table, or Delete or Insert queri...

Access 97 Runtime question
We are using Access 97 runtime for some of our staff. I noticed today that in reports if they right mouse click, they don't get a shortcut menu. I want them to be able to Export the report they are viewing. Would Access 2003 runtime have the shortcut menu? Thanks Kelvin "Kelvin Beaton" <kelvin dot beaton at mccsa dot c o m> wrote in message news:uiQA0i7zHHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > We are using Access 97 runtime for some of our staff. > I noticed today that in reports if they right mouse click, they don't get > a shortcut menu. I want them to be...

The Item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C42C5B.11C3D7B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I had to rebuild a corrupt database this morning. My Priv.edb and = Pub.edb were the files I worked on with the ESEUTIL. Everything is = working except users are complaining that they cannot delete e-mails = that were "zapped" during the rebuild process. The message they're = receiving is " The Item could not be deleted. It was either moved or = already deleted, or access was denied...

Control "Reply to all" for dl's.
We have a global distribution list that only one user will have access to. How do we stop someone from replying to all when they receive a message from that dl? thanks On Thu, 12 May 2005 12:36:06 -0700, "MJKQB" <MJKQB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a global distribution list that only one user will have access to. >How do we stop someone from replying to all when they receive a message from >that dl? > >thanks Exchange General tab/ Message Restrictions and add the users who can send to that DL. ...

SQL Server Reporting Services Reports in Access
Using Access 2007 and SQL Server 2008. Is there a way to display SQL Server Reporting Services reports in Access 2007? If so, links to documentation/examples would be appreciated. -- AG Email: npATadhdataDOTcom Hi AG, No,there is no compatible interface for converting SSRS report to Access 2007 now.You may consider first export your SSRS report to an Excel file and then embed an OLE object "Microsoft Office Excel 97-2003 Worksheet". If you only need the data, you can directly import data from Excel to your Access database. Best regards, Charles Wa...

Access 97 to 2000 conversion problems 08-08-03
I am trying to convert an Access 97 database to Access 2000 but with great difficulty. If I try to load it in Access 2000, the conversion is attempted but on the apparent completion the new database is not saved and the screen is blank. If I try creating a new database and importing everything then this works fine for the data, but no reports or forms are imported. I have tried all the latest patches to MS Office. Any suggestions would be very welcome. ...

Using Outlook to access and compile information in calendar
I want to create an application that will compile schedule information from Excel worksheets or an Access database and display them in a calendar type format. I know this type of application can be built using PivotTables in Excel, or forms in Access, but I was wondering if I could use the calendar in Outlook to display the information rather than creating PivotTables or custom forms which would wind up looking something like a calendar anyway. Before I start the job I'd like to know if I can work Outlook into the equation or if I really have to build it from scratch. Thanks, JEM ...

Outlook/Access 2003
I've been doing a lot of research and purchased (but haven't completely read) Sue Mosher's book. However, before I spend much more time I'd like to find out if my idea is even feasible. The basic idea is to create an appointment system for multiple therapists that can be used by a receptionist and other staff. Using Outlook and Exchange is very nice but the appointment data needs to end up in an Access table immediately. We can purchase SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 or we can buy a third party tool for calendar sharing whichever would be the easiest to use. I currently...

Tab order #5
Pressing tab or enter key selects next cell to the right or below. Is there a method by which the tab/enter order can be customized to enable other specific cells to be selected? Thx! Don't know about your version of Excel, but in mine: Tools>Options>Edit, Move selection after enter, Directions, gives you some options -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Manhar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c0bf01c4218d$e0db99d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Pressing tab or enter key selects next cell to the right > or below. I...

SBS 2008 RWW Internal web site access
I have a strange issue. I have a client who has four laptops on an SBS 2008 domain. Three are windows 7 one is XP. All work great inside the office. However, when any of the users attempt to connect to the internal website through RWW on the outside they get a page cannot be displayed message. I verified that port 987 is open on the firewall. Using computers at our location or any other computer, from any other site not associated with their domain, can connect successfully to RWW and the internal web site. I’ve verified that the certificate is installed on their computers. I ver...

access 2000 to 2003 files
I have many databases created in Acces 2000 on a comp. w/98SE, which always worked fine. I copied these files to new comp. running XP home, and using MS office Prof. When I attempt to open these databases from Windows explorer, I get anerror saying the <path><filename> is unrecognized. Anyone know why? "Rick K" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13b8301c3c28c$d939ce00$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have many databases created in Acces 2000 on a comp. > w/98SE, which always worked fine. I copied these files to > new comp. running XP h...

active X control
I have a calandar (active x control) on my form. Does anyone know how to link/sync it to a bound control; i.e., when a user chooses a date control, the calandar appears, and when a date is selected it populates into the requisite field. alex Try this: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/XCalendar2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "alex" <sql_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1182963470.109302.283780@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I have a calandar (active x control) on my form. > Does anyo...

increment through controls on form
I have a form that I've name the controls on it in such a way that I could determine through open args if it should be locked or not. Example any text box that begins with txtd would be unlocked with open args of 1. I was hoping there was a way I could just move through the controls in a loop and set that property with one function.....I'm not for sure how to accomplish this though. Does anyone have some sample code on how to "loop" through all the controls on a form and set the locked property? I can write the criteria portion if I could get a sample of how to ...

access a cell in a range
I have variables: dim myrange as Range dim myString as String myrange specifies a specific column. How can I specify the cell in row 1 of myRange so I can set it's contents to myString? Hi there keyser soze, (Fan of the movie, eh? ;) <g> ) Like so .. myString = myRange(1).Value HTH -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack) <keyser_Soze@usa.com> wrote in message news:1128697509.320303.12550@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have variables: > > dim myrange as Range > dim myString as String > > myrange specifies a specific ...

Access to Server
Hi All. I install CRM 1.2 in a Windows 2003 Server. From the server with a Administrator Logon and by the explorer, i access to CRM Administration without problems. If i use the Implemetation aplication or if i try to install the CRM Outlook, the message is: "The Localhost server is not responce" Thanks for a possible help. Hi, Can you do a 'nslookup' and 'ping' to the server name? "Rui Sousa" wrote: > Hi All. > > I install CRM 1.2 in a Windows 2003 Server. > > From the server with a Administrator Logon and by the explorer, i acces...

HTTP access from Outlook
Hello, Will HTTP access from Outlook work with exchange 2003 and windows 2000 server sp4 combination? Also, how do I configure my server and remote clients to utilize this feature. Your help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance. On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 08:38:03 -0500, "Henry" <Henry@fake.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Will HTTP access from Outlook work with exchange 2003 and windows 2000 >server sp4 combination? Also, how do I configure my server and remote >clients to utilize this feature. Your help is greatly appreciated and thank >you in advance....

Outlook blocks access to potentially unsafe attachements
Outlok 2003 has blocked many of my work emails with legitimate attachments. just yesterday, it block an Access database file that I was expecting to recieve. I've always thought, great way to keep desktop safe. But this time, I needed that document right away. So my opinion has changed. Question is: Where is the menu to change the security feature so it doesn't block attachments? The only security menu I found was for restricting websites. Thx in advance Tools, Options, Security, Change Auto d/l settings, UNcheck Don't download.....but leave Warn me etc...checked "T...

More control over taxation
I would like to be able to exempt items for different levels of taxation while still using "tax by customer." Rather than taxable or non-taxable, I need to be able to exempt from federal and state separately. Thanks, dan@endurosport.com ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree...

Unable to delete the Dead Domain controller
Dear, Iam working on windows server 2008 Ent Ed I have two doman controllers in the domain both are GC but only one domain controller has all the fsmo roles but iam having replicattion problems with the dead DC (i.e mppkw-database) and Iam unable to delete or remove the dead domain controller from the domain and iam having follwing problems using the ntdsutil :- matadata cleanup select operation target: list domains Found 1 domain(s) 0 - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com select operation target: select domain 0 No current site Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com No current server N...

Do you need MS Access to query on an Access table?
I'm asking these questions because I have looked at a lot of stuff in the discussion groups and still confused. I am fairly good at Excel programming but haven't been able to get Excel and Access to talk. First, I have Office 2003 Professional at work and Office 2003 without Access at home. I want to work on developing Excel programming at home which will get data from Access to Excel with either MS Query or with programming. Is it possible to just have the .mdb files on the home computer for Excel to work with, or do I need the Access program too? The info I want ...

Exchange error
Hello, for one week now, my exchange 2000 server crashes nearly every night at random time, the only solution to have it all restart is to restart the entire server. In the application log, multiple error events are reported like these : Event Type: Error Event Source: Userenv Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 26/07/2005 Time: 01:27:39 User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: BELLINI Description: Windows cannot establish a connection to *domain name* with (1364). Event Type: Error Event Source: Userenv Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 26/07/2005 Time: 01:37:41 User: ...

exchange 2003 mailbox access
Hi, Do you know how to access other users mailbox in exchange 2003? The account I am using is domain admin but I couldn't open users' mailbox under my login name. Is there any permissions I should assign? Thanks Char On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 18:27:05 -0700, "char" <char@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Do you know how to access other users mailbox in exchange 2003? The account >I am using is domain admin but I couldn't open users' mailbox under my login >name. Is there any permissions I should assign? > >Thanks >Char By defau...

RMS Integration user access
How can I give users in GP access to the RMS Import (Transactions > Retail Management > RM Import) function? I found KB 900636, but it did not work. I'm using GP10 and HQ & RMS 2.0. Thanks, Jocelyn ...

Tab control + having same size for all tabs
Hello All I am working on tab control in which I want to set the same size of all tabs of tab control. I am adding the tabs dynamically . When I saw the .NET style tab control ( Look tab control used in MSDN) , I felt that it is more elegant than the old looked MFC tab control. My ultimate goal is to have the same size for all tabs irrespective of text it has ( MFC's default behaviour shows the full text in tab ) If the text exceeds that width, then It will make it shortened by adding .... ( three dots ) (e.g. "The text of tab...Will Come here" ) , I know that I will have to wri...

Name a worksheet tab with data in a cell
I have Excel 2002 and would like to rename a worksheet tab with a cell reference. Example, name the tab "John Doe" his name is located in cell b2. each time I change the value in b2, the name of the tab will change accordingly. Hi Donovan, In the worksheet's module (right-click the sheet's tab | View Code), paste the following: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B2")) Is Nothing Then Me.Name = Target.Value End If End Sub --- Regards, Norman "donovan" <anonymous@discussions...