Access Email

Is there a way to get around the security popup messages that Outlook comes
up with when access send a email, have looked around and can only find
addins the i want to try and stay away from to make it a simplier process.
Been looking at various sites and this keeps coming up 'Object model guard'.

Would like to have access take care of the email and outlook problems.

The reason why i want to use outlook is that i have records stored in
outlook that a email has been sent.

Thanks

McFestoe

Take a look at http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=52

An add-in such as Outlook Redemption http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/ or
ClickYes http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/ is the simplest
approach.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"McFestoe" <colinw41@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to get around the security popup messages that Outlook
> comes up with when access send a email, have looked around and can only
> find addins the i want to try and stay away from to make it a simplier
> process. Been looking at various sites and this keeps coming up 'Object
> model guard'.
>
> Would like to have access take care of the email and outlook problems.
>
> The reason why i want to use outlook is that i have records stored in
> outlook that a email has been sent.
>
> Thanks

Douglas
1/6/2008 10:03:57 PM
Doug

Thanks for the info, have already look at those two options and really
wanted something that could be done completley in access, i think i might
create a table in access to store the sent email details. Currentmy using
CDO to get around the outlook pitfall.

I did read up on Redemption but did not realy understand it, is it a addin
for access ?

Thanks

Rich

> Take a look at http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=52
>
> An add-in such as Outlook Redemption http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/ or
> ClickYes http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/ is the simplest
> approach.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no private e-mails, please)
>

> "McFestoe" <colinw41@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Is there a way to get around the security popup messages that Outlook
>> comes up with when access send a email, have looked around and can only
>> find addins the i want to try and stay away from to make it a simplier
>> process. Been looking at various sites and this keeps coming up 'Object
>> model guard'.
>>
>> Would like to have access take care of the email and outlook problems.
>>
>> The reason why i want to use outlook is that i have records stored in
>> outlook that a email has been sent.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> --

0
McFestoe
1/7/2008 9:04:09 AM
I believe Redemption is an add-in for Outlook.

As far as I'm aware, there's nothing you can do from a strictly Access
perspective. When you stop and think about it, that's a good thing: if it
were possible to circumvent Outlook security that easily, there's be no
point in having it, would there?

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele
(no e-mails, please!)

> Doug
>
> Thanks for the info, have already look at those two options and really
> wanted something that could be done completley in access, i think i might
> create a table in access to store the sent email details. Currentmy using
> CDO to get around the outlook pitfall.
>
> I did read up on Redemption but did not realy understand it, is it a addin
> for access ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rich
>

> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message
>> Take a look at http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=52
>>
>> An add-in such as Outlook Redemption http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/
>> or ClickYes http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/ is the simplest
>> approach.
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no private e-mails, please)
>>

>> "McFestoe" <colinw41@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Is there a way to get around the security popup messages that Outlook
>>> comes up with when access send a email, have looked around and can only
>>> find addins the i want to try and stay away from to make it a simplier
>>> process. Been looking at various sites and this keeps coming up 'Object
>>> model guard'.
>>>
>>> Would like to have access take care of the email and outlook problems.
>>>
>>> The reason why i want to use outlook is that i have records stored in
>>> outlook that a email has been sent.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> --

0
Douglas

Why does copy and paste between eMails not work?
Copy no longer copies to the clipboard. Is there a setting I have deleted somewhere? Using Windows 7 and Office 2007 proffessional. Does it work if you restart outlook? Do you have any addins installed that could be erasing the clipboard? I've seen this happen with addins and contacts, but not email. to test, open the new message form before copying so you just need to copy and switch to the other message. (http://www.slipstick.com/Contacts/clipboard.htm) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cent...

Not able to send email from CRM client
Help, please. I cannot get CRM configured to send email from the CRM client software. See error message below. I have tried all the solutions I can find, including: -Confirmed mailserverurl is set correctly on the CRM server and that the specified server is the Exchange server. -Confirmed that the mailserverurl returns well formed XML. -Gave the IUSR_ORCAS user full control of the the "...mailroot/vsi 1" on the exchange box, which is named ORCAS. -Confirmed platformurl setting on Exchange server is correct. -Confirmed that the machines can communicate with each other. What...

Access 2000 Package and Deployment Wizard problem!
I have created an Access 2000 application that I now wish to distribute to users as an MDE file. The Access 2000 Package and Deployment Wizard does a fine job of storing the relevant installation files on a CD, exploiting A2K Runtime. However, I would prefer to let users download my application from a website. The Package and Deployment Wizard offers a 'Web Publishing' deployment option that appears to address this need. My only problem is that it doesn't work for me. I get the following error message, Unexpected error number 48 has occurred: File not found: WebPost.dll I...

autocomplete (like Access)
Hi, I'm trying to restrict the entry of data into cells based on values in a list. What I need is similar to Data Validation but I want Excel to complete the entry after the user has entered just the first character. For example, In Microsoft Access, when creating a new table in Design view, first you enter the field name, then tab across to Data Type. Entering a "c" and then tab automatically enters "Currency" as the data type. Similar for "d", DateTime; "t", Text etc. So, in Excel, if I have a list, say, New York, London, Sydney, Tokyo. Typi...

Incoming Emails
Hello, We installed the CRM1.2 on the same server with exchange. Everything is working fine except that the CRM users can not see incoming emails inside CRM although these emails are CRM emails. Can anybody tell what is the reason of that? Regards, Khalid Do you have installed the Router? The Router is a bridge=20 between the Exchange and the CRM who study the incoming=20 flow of emails and copy to the CRM everything who is of=20 the CRM. I hope who that help you.=20 []'s Vin=EDcius Pitta Lima de Ara=FAjo >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > We installed the CRM1.2 o...

No email stationery when through code
Hi I am creating email via code from access using below; Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem) objOutlookMsg.To = "recepient@mydomain.com" objOutlookMsg.Subject = "Email Subject" objOutlookMsg.Body = "Dear abc..." objOutlookMsg.Display The problem is that the default signature that is set in outlook doe snot come up in the email. How can I fix it? Thanks Regards Am Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:11:45 +0100 schri...

Data from Access query to Excel
To pull data from an Access 2003 database, I have created the queries in Access, then import into Excel. The problem is that all the numbers that are pulled into Excel are text and need to convert them into numbers to run formulas on. I have converted a few sheets by hand, but, some have will over 50,000 rows. Is there a function to select all number colums (the colums are the same through out the sheets) and convert? Thanks There are instructions here for converting text to numbers: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry03.html You can select all the columns, and only the num...

no content in the email body
Haven't changed anything knowingly, but now when I receive emails all the content is in a .txt attachment which I open and goes to notepad. There is no content in the email body. "stephen" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:<#TKSQf$oDHA.2776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... > Haven't changed anything knowingly, but now when I receive emails all the > content is > in a .txt attachment which I open and goes to notepad. > > There is no content in the email body. I've seen this before with an Outlook 2000 client. Couldn't find a way to fix it,...

Can you delete and empty an open email

Custom Menus in Access 2007
I know in VB 6 you can create custom pop-up menu. Is there a way to do this in Access 2007? Active X? DLL? Hidden command that I can't find? Any tutorials or direction? Any help or direction that anyone can provide would be appreciated. In earlier versions, called "shortcut" menus. Right click on menu bar, select customise, show "shortcut menus" tollbar, select "custom". don't know if that tollbar has changed in 2007. (david) "Jerry Sheldon" <JerrySheldon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7431915F-33FF-4534-B5B4-C5E6F...

Access 2007 Runtime 10-30-07
1. Can I distribute Accees 2003 applications using Access 2007 runtime? 2. Do I also need the runtime extensions? 3. Will installing the Access 2007 runtime and extensions affect my current Access 2003 (full version) software, already installed? ...

Moving Email Domain off of Exchange #2

Need Hyperlink from Menu Page to work in email
I have a workbook with several tabs. First tab is a "menu" type page (summary of other pages). Currently I have hyperlinks to all the other pages from the menu page. What I want to be able to do is copy the menu page into an email and enable the users to click on the existing hyperlinks (whatever adjustments needed) to go directly to their page of the workbook. Using Excel 2007. Please advise how to do this and what changes may be need for both options to work. ...

Receive triplicate emails
On earthlink webmail, I only receive one of each email. When I "Send/Receive" from Outlook 2000, the Send/Receive window tells me I'm receiving 10 emails, but 30 appear in my inbox. Everything arrives in triplicate or duplicate. Extended headers appear to be the same in all three identical emails. Things I've tried and know: Deleted and then reconfigured my earthlink account many times. There is only one earthlink account. "Leave a copy of messages on server" is unchecked. Turned Earhlink Spamblocker On then Off then On then Off... no change. Sent test m...

What program is trying to access e-mail address information stored in outlook?
I have one user (Vista Business, Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2003) who has today started to see a pop-up from Outlook saying: "A program is trying to access e-mail address information stored in Outlook. If this is unexpected, click Deny and verify your antivirus software is up-to-date." Anti-virus (McAfee) is up todate, and I'm doing a scan now and afterwards will do a separate scan for malware. This user tells me that he hasn't knowingly installed anything recently. My question is: is there any way to determine what the program is which is try...

Authenticating addresses for sending emails
I installed Office XP for Small Business on my laptop recently. Now, quite often I am getting an error message when I try to send an email to someone that says, "You must first authenticate this email address". Does anyone know how this is done? Thanks, Ken I have Office 2003 and I saw this once in my copy, I found it all I had to do was to add the person to my address book as it was part of the built in Spam filters. -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01fc01c3d94f$...

Email retention policy relative to CRM e-mails tracked from Outloo
Toss up question for the blue team. When one hits "Track in CRM" on an e-mail from outlook we all know that it CREATES an e-mail in the CRM system. The date that the e-mail is created in CRM is placed in the field CreatonDate. When we look at the related record it shows up in order based on the Created Date. The rub is this. What do we do when we have a user who is just coming on board with CRM and they have e-mail history they want to link that goes back years. There does not seem to be any linking relative to the received date. Which is actually much more relevant ...

Can I use oulook from home and have access at work?
When I set up my outlook I lose all my inbox messages online and would not be able to read my email from work. Is there a way to have my inbox available on outlook and remain online? Just to clarify, are you asking how to set up Outlook at home to receive email from work? If that's your question, you need to ask your IT Admin or Exchange Admin if you can use OWA and how that's done. That wouldn't have email coming into your Outlook account but it is a form of Outlook, Outlook Web Access. This may or may not be allowed. Your IT staff would of course have all kinds of securi...

How do I send to myself at an alternate email address?
I have Outlook 2007 and am a new user. I have two separate email addresses - one thru a LAN at the office and one with a different provider. Outlook will not let me send to myself from one to the other. I seem to have no problem sending internally thru the LAN. Do you get any errors? If yes, please post the exact error message. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, DeeJay asked: | I have Outlook 2007 an...