Access 2007-Duplicate Record Field Capability

Sr. transportation appointment database.  The form to schedule appointments
has a combo box that completes the client, address, city, and homephone
fields as requested by the end user.  Added Find and Duplicate record buttons
so end user can find an appointment and duplicate the record to schedule the
return trip.  Buttons work great except that on the return trip record end
user needs to type in the address the client is coming from and this not
possible because it is already populated from the combo box.  Is there any
way around this?

Thanks for your attention.

Sue

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:37:01 -0700, SueW <SueW@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Sr. transportation appointment database.  The form to schedule appointments
>has a combo box that completes the client, address, city, and homephone
>fields as requested by the end user.  Added Find and Duplicate record buttons
>so end user can find an appointment and duplicate the record to schedule the
>return trip.  Buttons work great except that on the return trip record end
>user needs to type in the address the client is coming from and this not
>possible because it is already populated from the combo box.  Is there any
>way around this?
>
>Thanks for your attention.
>
>Sue

What's the structure of your table? What's the current code in the duplicate
button? What does the combo box have to do with anything (since I'd presume it
should be creating a new record in the table, rather than doing anything on
the form)?
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:37:01 -0700, SueW <SueW@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Sr. transportation appointment database.  The form to schedule appointments
> >has a combo box that completes the client, address, city, and homephone
> >fields as requested by the end user.  Added Find and Duplicate record buttons
> >so end user can find an appointment and duplicate the record to schedule the
> >return trip.  Buttons work great except that on the return trip record end
> >user needs to type in the address the client is coming from and this not
> >possible because it is already populated from the combo box.  Is there any
> >way around this?
> >
> >Thanks for your attention.
> >
> >Sue
> >

> What's the structure of your table? What's the current code in the duplicate
> button? What does the combo box have to do with anything (since I'd presume it
> should be creating a new record in the table, rather than doing anything on
> the form)?
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .
> tblSchedule
     ScheduleID-AutoNumber-PK
     Driver
     Day
     AppointmentDate
     PickupTime
     SeniorIntakeID-FK  (PK in Senior Intake table)
     AppointmentTime
     AppointmentNotes
     Destination
     ReturnTime
     ReasonforTransportation
     Cancelled
     WhoCancelled
     NoShow
     UnabletoCancel

Current code of Duplicate button-On click-embedded macro
Combo box is completing fields from the SeniorIntake table in the form as
part of the appointment record.  The end user requested when selecting a name
from the Senior Intake table the name, address, city, and home phone number
automatically populate.

Appointment by Date Query and Report:
tblSchedule
  Driver
  Day
  AppointmentDate
  PickupTime
   AppointmentTime
   AppointmentNotes
   Destination
   ReturnTime
   ReasonforTransportation
   Cancelled
   WhoCancelled
   NoShow
   UnabletoCancel
tblSenior Intake
  First
  Last
  Address
  City
  HomePhone

Access 97 can't resize database window

How to link with an Access DB
Hi, I have an Acces DB with many tables. I need to choose the name of a customer in a cell of Excel. For example, in acces I have this tables: Table1 Id Name Last Name City I need to choose the last name from a drop down menu in a spreadsheet and then in other cell I need to put all the data regarding the last name that I choose. I hope to be exaustive, and sorry for my english. :-) Many Thanks Stefano ...

Accessing Windows Office Templates
There are some very nice templates at the Windows Office Template Gallery. I would like to download (mostly Word, but a few Excel) some of these templates, but the format comes out with a ".cab" extension that Office v.X doesn't understand. Is there any way to get these templates? Unfortunately, they make the Mac template archive look very weak. TIA Len Hi Len, Microsoft has a Mac template download page: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/resources/templates.aspx?pid=templates There's a link to the on-line gallery on that page. It looks like a newly re-designed gallery to m...

Duplicate Cells #5
I have a rather large spreadsheet of Names, Addresses etc. and I know there are many duplicates. I would like to know how I can find and highlight the duplicates in a column. I don't want to remove them, only highlight them. if the duplicates could be highlighted in a color that would be great. Please keep in mind that I just started with spreadsheets and I'm not that familiar with the application. thanks Hi Richard: Names and addresses are really quite difficult to match due to the problems of representing the names is in: Richard Mahan Rick Mahan R Mahan RS Mahan Richar...

Tracking shared records
I need to create a report that shows which records are shared and with whom. Can someone guide me in the right direction? I can't seem to find it anywhere online. thank you Sharing is recorded in the PrincipalObjectAccess table in the SQL database. Advanced find does not allow you to access this so you will have to create a report on the directly on the database. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Extended Entity and Plug-in browser: http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx "Bernardina" wrote: > I need to create a report that shows whi...

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

Office 2007 forms

Outlook 2007 addresses
How can I find the list of addresses I have sent emails to? When you start a new email you can put a letter in the To line and list will come up. Where is that list? How can I print it out? Thanks Matt that is the autocomplete cache. You would need a utility to print it out. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040621.htm http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Out...

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

users with restricted access

Using later version of microsoft access

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

Duplicate record in RM tables
We experienced an issue in Apply Sales Document that may have caused a duplicate record somewhere. We found this when running Paid Sales Transaction Removal and received this message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY contraint PKRM3101. Cannot insert duplicate key in object RM30101. I ran the RM duplicate tool found in the automated help area of this website and found the following: --- Begin copy here ---- Duplicates between RM Open and RM History Document #: 07-003021-17 Customer #: 079100 RMDTYPAL #: 7 --- End copy --- It looks like the duplicte tool also logs the qu...

Duplicate Rows
I have an extract from a student information system in Excel that looks like this. Student Class Grade Quarter John Chemistry 70 1 John Chemistry 80 2 John Math 95 1 John Math 100 2 Alice Chemistry 67 1 Alice Chemistry 47 2 Alice Math 88 1 Alice Math 85 2 What I would like is this: John 70 80 95 100 Alice 67 47 88 85 However, since there are hundreds of students, this would be an extreme pain to do by hand. Is there any built-in formula or function in Excel that can do this? What is it that you actually want to do? (The best approach depends on what your desired end r...

no access to send internet email

Field Service Calls and Invoices
We use the Service Call modules for repairs in our Stores and have a situation that I'm trying to find a workaround. We have situations where our technicians will pick-up items without prior notification to our dispatchers. All of a sudden we get an invoice and currently we have to track down the charge and then we are forcing a PO into the system from the Service Call in order to properly receive and enter the invoice. Does anyone have other ways to do this and track the information/cost on the Service Call without needing to create a PO after the fact. This is not an applicat...

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Share Calender in Outlook 2007
In our organization, we have changed the the default data file path. This makes the "Share a Calender" option disappear. First of all, is there any anything to work around this? Secondly, if there is nothing that can be done in the above case, I tried sharing the calender by publishing it in Office Online. Apparently the calender is shared but when I sent it to my colleague's work e-mail address, he is unable to access it. It asks for authentication and cannot contact the web server when he enters his credentials. How to make this work? I don't want to go sharing my W...