Access 2003 Security Message On Open

All,
I have approximately 15 databases that I am about to migrate to Access 2003
from 2000. I do not want the security message to appear every time one of my
users logs on to the database. Registry changes and digital signatures are
out of the question. If I put  Application.AutomationSecurity =
msoAutomationSecurityLow on open of my start up form will this prevent the
warning message? Is there something I can put in the windows shortcut to
turn this off?

I have seen some suggestions were it is mentioned to call a script that
calls the database to open in low security mode. Is this necessary? Any help
will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Markco

0
NEWSGROUPS

"NEWSGROUPS" <hereinde@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> All,
> I have approximately 15 databases that I am about to migrate to Access
> 2003 from 2000. I do not want the security message to appear every time
> one of my users logs on to the database. Registry changes and digital
> signatures are out of the question.

When you actually run ms-access, and change the security settings, those
actual settings are in the eh registry. So, if your environment does not
allow
any registry changes as you mention, then you likely not going to be able to
use 2003.

> If I put  Application.AutomationSecurity = msoAutomationSecurityLow on
> open of my start up form will this prevent the warning message?

No, because because you code not yet run!!! And further, when you change
this
setting, it *IS* saved
in the registry. As you mentioned, you not allowing any register changes.

I don't think you can use a2003 here.

Remember, if you simply go tools->macro>security, and set his to low, you
never see the message again
(it is a global setting, and is NOT on a database by database setting).

I would probably just run a registry setup, and that would do the trick.
However, your environment does not allow changes, so, there is little you
can do here...

If you *can* have a one time registry change, then feel free to download the
regedit I have here:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html

Scroll down to the VERY bottom, and save the regedit I have for a2003. If
you save this regisity entry on your desktop, and double click on it, it
will remove the secirty message. You
done..and you never see the message again. I use this for when I am using
the runtime, and you can't get to the security menu.

--
Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

0
Albert

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

How do I create a rule for blank messages?
I have started getting SPAM messages that have no subject and no "from" so I can't seem to create a rule to delete them. header as seen by outlook 2007--- Return-Path: <SRS0=ovPEsT=PD=staciachambers.com=sales@yourhostingaccount.com> Delivered-To: sissonfa-bob@sissonfamily.com Received: (qmail 70749 invoked from network); 9 Oct 2007 17:35:17 -0000 Received: from unknown (HELO mailout08.yourhostingaccount.com) (65.254.253.233) by st136.startlogic.com with SMTP; 9 Oct 2007 17:35:17 -0000 Received: from mailscan16.yourhostingaccount.com ([10.1.15.16] helo=mailscan16.you...

allowing relaying... security issues
We are using Exchange 2000 on an SBS 2000 machine. We signed up with Spam Soap - an outside company to provide incoming/outgoing SMTP mail filtering . As part of their service, you also configure them as a "smart host". This is configured in the virtual SMTP Server area - in the advanced options for delivery. Also, in order to have this work properly, the SMTP Connector we had configured in the 'Connectors' area also had to be removed. We have an in-house VB .net application that automatically sends auto-generated emails. This particular application is configured and...

Invalid Account on the Security Tab
I deleted an account from AD, and it was listed under the security tab of my server (in ESM), to have full mailbox rights to the information store. I tried removing the inherited permissions, and removing the acct. The I set the inherited permissions back, and the invalid acct. comes back. Does anyone know how I can remove this invalid acct. from the security tab? Thanks. Remove it from the top-level where it was granted permissions. When you set inherited permissions and the account comes back, that means that that account has been granted permissions at a higher level. If you'v...

Reporting from Project Server

owa cant open ppt attachments

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

message delivery problems

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Unusual Security Audits
be happening. At one point there was 350 audits in 1 second, the same 4 events repeated, special logon, logon, Kerberos Service Ticket Operations, Logoff. I disabled IPv6 and found things are running a little better, but I'm still getting a lot of strange logon and logoffs. Can anyone give me guidance of how to figure out what is causing this and possibly how to fix it? Thanks! Jake Here is an example of a logon event: An account was successfully logged on. Subject: Security ID: NULL SID Account Name: - Account Domain: - ...

cannot open hyper links in outlook

errror message
error message: the selected assistant character is not available. microsoft outlook cannot install the neccessary files due to windows installer error 1605. this action is only valid for products that are currently installed. anyone please advise? ...