A 2007... I dont WANT to save changes!

Problem .. in an A2007 form I have an OK button that starts out disabled and 
gets enabled by code when certain things happen.  This is all fine and 
according to plan.  But whenever I close this form, A2007 asks me if I want 
to save changes.  If I say YES, the state of the command button is saved as 
"enabled".  Look I designed it this way for a darned good reason and I don't 
want Access changng the design of my forms every time they close, just 
because some properties have been changed since they opened.  It's just not 
logical!

The property "Enable Layout View" is disabled for this database, and the 
form property "Allow Layout View" is also set to No.

How can I stop this behavior?

Derek 


0
derek
12/31/2007 7:10:48 AM
access.forms 6864 articles. 2 followers. Follow

11 Replies
687 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 55

"derek" <dbest@ezderek.com> wrote in message 
news:ekcKSx3SIHA.3676@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Problem .. in an A2007 form I have an OK button that starts out disabled 
> and gets enabled by code when certain things happen.  This is all fine and 
> according to plan.  But whenever I close this form, A2007 asks me if I 
> want to save changes.  If I say YES, the state of the command button is 
> saved as "enabled".  Look I designed it this way for a darned good reason 
> and I don't want Access changng the design of my forms every time they 
> close, just because some properties have been changed since they opened. 
> It's just not logical!
>
> The property "Enable Layout View" is disabled for this database, and the 
> form property "Allow Layout View" is also set to No.
>
> How can I stop this behavior?
>
> Derek
> 


0
Baz
12/31/2007 9:24:31 AM
This would normally only happen if you've been designing the form (including
editing the code) while it is open.  If you simply open it in form view and
work in form view without either switching to the design view or editing the
code then it will close without trying to save.

"derek" <dbest@ezderek.com> wrote in message
news:ekcKSx3SIHA.3676@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Problem .. in an A2007 form I have an OK button that starts out disabled
> and gets enabled by code when certain things happen.  This is all fine and
> according to plan.  But whenever I close this form, A2007 asks me if I
> want to save changes.  If I say YES, the state of the command button is
> saved as "enabled".  Look I designed it this way for a darned good reason
> and I don't want Access changng the design of my forms every time they
> close, just because some properties have been changed since they opened.
> It's just not logical!
>
> The property "Enable Layout View" is disabled for this database, and the
> form property "Allow Layout View" is also set to No.
>
> How can I stop this behavior?
>
> Derek
>



0
Baz
12/31/2007 10:01:16 AM
"derek" <dbest@ezderek.com> wrote in
news:ekcKSx3SIHA.3676@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl: 

> Problem .. in an A2007 form I have an OK button that starts out
> disabled and gets enabled by code when certain things happen. 
> This is all fine and according to plan.  But whenever I close this
> form, A2007 asks me if I want to save changes.  If I say YES, the
> state of the command button is saved as "enabled".  Look I
> designed it this way for a darned good reason and I don't want
> Access changng the design of my forms every time they close, just 
> because some properties have been changed since they opened.  It's
> just not logical!
> 
> The property "Enable Layout View" is disabled for this database,
> and the form property "Allow Layout View" is also set to No.
> 
> How can I stop this behavior?
> 
> Derek 
> 
The DoCmd.Close statement has an optional parameter to save form 
design changes. It does not affect the saving of the data.
    DoCmd.Close , , acSaveNo



-- 
Bob Quintal

PA is y I've altered my email address.

-- 
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

0
Bob
12/31/2007 10:05:48 AM
Hi Bob--
Yes  that's true but I would contest that if "Layout view" is disabled then 
changes to design at run-time should be impossible.  In A2002 the same code 
gives no problem.  Looks like I'll have to change thousands of docmd.close 
statements.... :-(

Derek

"Bob Quintal" <rquintal@sPAmpatico.ca> wrote in message 
news:Xns9A173C589CCB2BQuintal@66.150.105.47...
> "derek" <dbest@ezderek.com> wrote in
> news:ekcKSx3SIHA.3676@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl:
>
>> Problem .. in an A2007 form I have an OK button that starts out
>> disabled and gets enabled by code when certain things happen.
>> This is all fine and according to plan.  But whenever I close this
>> form, A2007 asks me if I want to save changes.  If I say YES, the
>> state of the command button is saved as "enabled".  Look I
>> designed it this way for a darned good reason and I don't want
>> Access changng the design of my forms every time they close, just
>> because some properties have been changed since they opened.  It's
>> just not logical!
>>
>> The property "Enable Layout View" is disabled for this database,
>> and the form property "Allow Layout View" is also set to No.
>>
>> How can I stop this behavior?
>>
>> Derek
>>
> The DoCmd.Close statement has an optional parameter to save form
> design changes. It does not affect the saving of the data.
>    DoCmd.Close , , acSaveNo
>
>
>
> -- 
> Bob Quintal
>
> PA is y I've altered my email address.
>
> -- 
> Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
> 


0
derek
12/31/2007 1:11:59 PM
Baz --

That doesn't seem to be true; I checked. Even starting from a cold boot it 
does the same.
If you make it into an MDE or ACCDE it stops doing this -- but then of 
course I can't  change objects at all.

Derek

"Baz" <baz@nospam.nowhere> wrote in message 
news:4778bdec$0$13936$fa0fcedb@news.zen.co.uk...
> This would normally only happen if you've been designing the form 
> (including
> editing the code) while it is open.  If you simply open it in form view 
> and
> work in form view without either switching to the design view or editing 
> the
> code then it will close without trying to save.
>
> "derek" <dbest@ezderek.com> wrote in message
> news:ekcKSx3SIHA.3676@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Problem .. in an A2007 form I have an OK button that starts out disabled
>> and gets enabled by code when certain things happen.  This is all fine 
>> and
>> according to plan.  But whenever I close this form, A2007 asks me if I
>> want to save changes.  If I say YES, the state of the command button is
>> saved as "enabled".  Look I designed it this way for a darned good reason
>> and I don't want Access changng the design of my forms every time they
>> close, just because some properties have been changed since they opened.
>> It's just not logical!
>>
>> The property "Enable Layout View" is disabled for this database, and the
>> form property "Allow Layout View" is also set to No.
>>
>> How can I stop this behavior?
>>
>> Derek
>>
>
>
> 


0
derek
12/31/2007 1:14:35 PM
It would be a mistake to think that this is a general issue with A2007, I've 
just tried it without any problem.

Unfortunately I cannot offer any further suggestions as to why it is an 
issue for you.

"derek" <dbest@ezderek.com> wrote in message 
news:e6IFR76SIHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Hi Bob--
> Yes  that's true but I would contest that if "Layout view" is disabled 
> then changes to design at run-time should be impossible.  In A2002 the 
> same code gives no problem.  Looks like I'll have to change thousands of 
> docmd.close statements.... :-(
>
> Derek
>
> "Bob Quintal" <rquintal@sPAmpatico.ca> wrote in message 
> news:Xns9A173C589CCB2BQuintal@66.150.105.47...
>> "derek" <dbest@ezderek.com> wrote in
>> news:ekcKSx3SIHA.3676@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl:
>>
>>> Problem .. in an A2007 form I have an OK button that starts out
>>> disabled and gets enabled by code when certain things happen.
>>> This is all fine and according to plan.  But whenever I close this
>>> form, A2007 asks me if I want to save changes.  If I say YES, the
>>> state of the command button is saved as "enabled".  Look I
>>> designed it this way for a darned good reason and I don't want
>>> Access changng the design of my forms every time they close, just
>>> because some properties have been changed since they opened.  It's
>>> just not logical!
>>>
>>> The property "Enable Layout View" is disabled for this database,
>>> and the form property "Allow Layout View" is also set to No.
>>>
>>> How can I stop this behavior?
>>>
>>> Derek
>>>
>> The DoCmd.Close statement has an optional parameter to save form
>> design changes. It does not affect the saving of the data.
>>    DoCmd.Close , , acSaveNo
>>
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> Bob Quintal
>>
>> PA is y I've altered my email address.
>>
>> -- 
>> Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
>>
>
> 


0
Baz
12/31/2007 1:47:43 PM
Hi Baz
Hmmm... interesting. Thanks, I'll keep checking.
Derek

"Baz" <baz@nospam.nowhere> wrote in message 
news:4778f2ff$0$13938$fa0fcedb@news.zen.co.uk...
> It would be a mistake to think that this is a general issue with A2007, 
> I've just tried it without any problem.
>
> Unfortunately I cannot offer any further suggestions as to why it is an 
> issue for you.
>
> "derek" <dbest@ezderek.com> wrote in message 
> news:e6IFR76SIHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Hi Bob--
>> Yes  that's true but I would contest that if "Layout view" is disabled 
>> then changes to design at run-time should be impossible.  In A2002 the 
>> same code gives no problem.  Looks like I'll have to change thousands of 
>> docmd.close statements.... :-(
>>
>> Derek
>>
>> "Bob Quintal" <rquintal@sPAmpatico.ca> wrote in message 
>> news:Xns9A173C589CCB2BQuintal@66.150.105.47...
>>> "derek" <dbest@ezderek.com> wrote in
>>> news:ekcKSx3SIHA.3676@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl:
>>>
>>>> Problem .. in an A2007 form I have an OK button that starts out
>>>> disabled and gets enabled by code when certain things happen.
>>>> This is all fine and according to plan.  But whenever I close this
>>>> form, A2007 asks me if I want to save changes.  If I say YES, the
>>>> state of the command button is saved as "enabled".  Look I
>>>> designed it this way for a darned good reason and I don't want
>>>> Access changng the design of my forms every time they close, just
>>>> because some properties have been changed since they opened.  It's
>>>> just not logical!
>>>>
>>>> The property "Enable Layout View" is disabled for this database,
>>>> and the form property "Allow Layout View" is also set to No.
>>>>
>>>> How can I stop this behavior?
>>>>
>>>> Derek
>>>>
>>> The DoCmd.Close statement has an optional parameter to save form
>>> design changes. It does not affect the saving of the data.
>>>    DoCmd.Close , , acSaveNo
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Bob Quintal
>>>
>>> PA is y I've altered my email address.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
derek
12/31/2007 2:31:15 PM
Baz -
I don't know if you are stil monitoring this thread but I've tracked down 
the problem a bit further...
It occurs whenever the code assigns an inputmask and format to a control 
that previously had no inputmask and format.  Furthermore, this is an mdb 
database that was converted from A2002. (I don't know if that's important or 
not).  In A2002 this did not trigger a "Save Changes" dialog.  Apparently in 
2007 it does.

Happy new year
Derek.


"Baz" <baz@nospam.nowhere> wrote in message 
news:4778f2ff$0$13938$fa0fcedb@news.zen.co.uk...
> It would be a mistake to think that this is a general issue with A2007, 
> I've just tried it without any problem.
>
> Unfortunately I cannot offer any further suggestions as to why it is an 
> issue for you.
>
> "derek" <dbest@ezderek.com> wrote in message 
> news:e6IFR76SIHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Hi Bob--
>> Yes  that's true but I would contest that if "Layout view" is disabled 
>> then changes to design at run-time should be impossible.  In A2002 the 
>> same code gives no problem.  Looks like I'll have to change thousands of 
>> docmd.close statements.... :-(
>>
>> Derek
>>
>> "Bob Quintal" <rquintal@sPAmpatico.ca> wrote in message 
>> news:Xns9A173C589CCB2BQuintal@66.150.105.47...
>>> "derek" <dbest@ezderek.com> wrote in
>>> news:ekcKSx3SIHA.3676@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl:
>>>
>>>> Problem .. in an A2007 form I have an OK button that starts out
>>>> disabled and gets enabled by code when certain things happen.
>>>> This is all fine and according to plan.  But whenever I close this
>>>> form, A2007 asks me if I want to save changes.  If I say YES, the
>>>> state of the command button is saved as "enabled".  Look I
>>>> designed it this way for a darned good reason and I don't want
>>>> Access changng the design of my forms every time they close, just
>>>> because some properties have been changed since they opened.  It's
>>>> just not logical!
>>>>
>>>> The property "Enable Layout View" is disabled for this database,
>>>> and the form property "Allow Layout View" is also set to No.
>>>>
>>>> How can I stop this behavior?
>>>>
>>>> Derek
>>>>
>>> The DoCmd.Close statement has an optional parameter to save form
>>> design changes. It does not affect the saving of the data.
>>>    DoCmd.Close , , acSaveNo
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Bob Quintal
>>>
>>> PA is y I've altered my email address.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
derek
1/1/2008 11:06:37 PM
Hi Derek,

And a Happy New Year to you also.

Unfortunately I do not bear good tidings.  I have tried what you say 
(including in a database converted from Access 2002) without experiencing 
this problem.

Does the problem go away if you comment out the code which sets those 
properties?

Baz

"derek" <dbest@ezderek.com> wrote in message 
news:egBHbsMTIHA.4280@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Baz -
> I don't know if you are stil monitoring this thread but I've tracked down 
> the problem a bit further...
> It occurs whenever the code assigns an inputmask and format to a control 
> that previously had no inputmask and format.  Furthermore, this is an mdb 
> database that was converted from A2002. (I don't know if that's important 
> or not).  In A2002 this did not trigger a "Save Changes" dialog. 
> Apparently in 2007 it does.
>
> Happy new year
> Derek.
>
>
> "Baz" <baz@nospam.nowhere> wrote in message 
> news:4778f2ff$0$13938$fa0fcedb@news.zen.co.uk...
>> It would be a mistake to think that this is a general issue with A2007, 
>> I've just tried it without any problem.
>>
>> Unfortunately I cannot offer any further suggestions as to why it is an 
>> issue for you.
>>
>> "derek" <dbest@ezderek.com> wrote in message 
>> news:e6IFR76SIHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi Bob--
>>> Yes  that's true but I would contest that if "Layout view" is disabled 
>>> then changes to design at run-time should be impossible.  In A2002 the 
>>> same code gives no problem.  Looks like I'll have to change thousands of 
>>> docmd.close statements.... :-(
>>>
>>> Derek
>>>
>>> "Bob Quintal" <rquintal@sPAmpatico.ca> wrote in message 
>>> news:Xns9A173C589CCB2BQuintal@66.150.105.47...
>>>> "derek" <dbest@ezderek.com> wrote in
>>>> news:ekcKSx3SIHA.3676@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl:
>>>>
>>>>> Problem .. in an A2007 form I have an OK button that starts out
>>>>> disabled and gets enabled by code when certain things happen.
>>>>> This is all fine and according to plan.  But whenever I close this
>>>>> form, A2007 asks me if I want to save changes.  If I say YES, the
>>>>> state of the command button is saved as "enabled".  Look I
>>>>> designed it this way for a darned good reason and I don't want
>>>>> Access changng the design of my forms every time they close, just
>>>>> because some properties have been changed since they opened.  It's
>>>>> just not logical!
>>>>>
>>>>> The property "Enable Layout View" is disabled for this database,
>>>>> and the form property "Allow Layout View" is also set to No.
>>>>>
>>>>> How can I stop this behavior?
>>>>>
>>>>> Derek
>>>>>
>>>> The DoCmd.Close statement has an optional parameter to save form
>>>> design changes. It does not affect the saving of the data.
>>>>    DoCmd.Close , , acSaveNo
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> Bob Quintal
>>>>
>>>> PA is y I've altered my email address.
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
Baz
1/2/2008 5:22:25 AM
Hello again

Yes it does go away.  It's actually a subroutine that is called to set the 
properties, and if I make the first line of the subroutine "exit sub" the 
problem goes away.  I'm sorry I'm not allowed to post code (you're probably 
far too busy to look at other people's code anyway) but the function of the 
routine is to change international date and currency formats -- something 
that did not work correctly in A2002.  You probably know that in 2002 when 
you specified a "currency" format, it actually got saved internally as 
$###,###... etc if you were coding in the US, and as �###,###... etc if you 
were coding in the UK.  From then on, the app is stuck with that currency 
display format, regardless of the regional control panel settings. 
Consequently it is necessary to step through all controls on forms, looking 
for $### or �### format properties and changing them to "currency".  A 
similar problem occurs with date formats.
So the subroutine gets passed a form, and loops through all the controls...

Anway I "solved" it by searching and replacing all "docmd.close acform, 
______ " statements "docmd.close acform, _______ acsaveno".  All 674 of 
them!

Cheers
Derek


"Baz" <baz@nospam.nowhere> wrote in message 
news:477b1f8f$0$13936$fa0fcedb@news.zen.co.uk...
> Hi Derek,
>
> And a Happy New Year to you also.
>
> Unfortunately I do not bear good tidings.  I have tried what you say 
> (including in a database converted from Access 2002) without experiencing 
> this problem.
>
> Does the problem go away if you comment out the code which sets those 
> properties?
>
> Baz
>
> "derek" <dbest@ezderek.com> wrote in message 
> news:egBHbsMTIHA.4280@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Baz -
>> I don't know if you are stil monitoring this thread but I've tracked down 
>> the problem a bit further...
>> It occurs whenever the code assigns an inputmask and format to a control 
>> that previously had no inputmask and format.  Furthermore, this is an mdb 
>> database that was converted from A2002. (I don't know if that's important 
>> or not).  In A2002 this did not trigger a "Save Changes" dialog. 
>> Apparently in 2007 it does.
>>
>> Happy new year
>> Derek.
>>
>>
>> "Baz" <baz@nospam.nowhere> wrote in message 
>> news:4778f2ff$0$13938$fa0fcedb@news.zen.co.uk...
>>> It would be a mistake to think that this is a general issue with A2007, 
>>> I've just tried it without any problem.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately I cannot offer any further suggestions as to why it is an 
>>> issue for you.
>>>
>>> "derek" <dbest@ezderek.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:e6IFR76SIHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>> Hi Bob--
>>>> Yes  that's true but I would contest that if "Layout view" is disabled 
>>>> then changes to design at run-time should be impossible.  In A2002 the 
>>>> same code gives no problem.  Looks like I'll have to change thousands 
>>>> of docmd.close statements.... :-(
>>>>
>>>> Derek
>>>>
>>>> "Bob Quintal" <rquintal@sPAmpatico.ca> wrote in message 
>>>> news:Xns9A173C589CCB2BQuintal@66.150.105.47...
>>>>> "derek" <dbest@ezderek.com> wrote in
>>>>> news:ekcKSx3SIHA.3676@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Problem .. in an A2007 form I have an OK button that starts out
>>>>>> disabled and gets enabled by code when certain things happen.
>>>>>> This is all fine and according to plan.  But whenever I close this
>>>>>> form, A2007 asks me if I want to save changes.  If I say YES, the
>>>>>> state of the command button is saved as "enabled".  Look I
>>>>>> designed it this way for a darned good reason and I don't want
>>>>>> Access changng the design of my forms every time they close, just
>>>>>> because some properties have been changed since they opened.  It's
>>>>>> just not logical!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> The property "Enable Layout View" is disabled for this database,
>>>>>> and the form property "Allow Layout View" is also set to No.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> How can I stop this behavior?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Derek
>>>>>>
>>>>> The DoCmd.Close statement has an optional parameter to save form
>>>>> design changes. It does not affect the saving of the data.
>>>>>    DoCmd.Close , , acSaveNo
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> -- 
>>>>> Bob Quintal
>>>>>
>>>>> PA is y I've altered my email address.
>>>>>
>>>>> -- 
>>>>> Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
derek
1/2/2008 7:06:14 AM
Hi Derek,

Glad you fixed it, it's got me stumped!

Baz

"derek" <dbest@ezderek.com> wrote in message 
news:%23ROmB4QTIHA.6060@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Hello again
>
> Yes it does go away.  It's actually a subroutine that is called to set the 
> properties, and if I make the first line of the subroutine "exit sub" the 
> problem goes away.  I'm sorry I'm not allowed to post code (you're 
> probably far too busy to look at other people's code anyway) but the 
> function of the routine is to change international date and currency 
> formats -- something that did not work correctly in A2002.  You probably 
> know that in 2002 when you specified a "currency" format, it actually got 
> saved internally as $###,###... etc if you were coding in the US, and as 
> �###,###... etc if you were coding in the UK.  From then on, the app is 
> stuck with that currency display format, regardless of the regional 
> control panel settings. Consequently it is necessary to step through all 
> controls on forms, looking for $### or �### format properties and changing 
> them to "currency".  A similar problem occurs with date formats.
> So the subroutine gets passed a form, and loops through all the 
> controls...
>
> Anway I "solved" it by searching and replacing all "docmd.close acform, 
> ______ " statements "docmd.close acform, _______ acsaveno".  All 674 of 
> them!
>
> Cheers
> Derek
>
>
> "Baz" <baz@nospam.nowhere> wrote in message 
> news:477b1f8f$0$13936$fa0fcedb@news.zen.co.uk...
>> Hi Derek,
>>
>> And a Happy New Year to you also.
>>
>> Unfortunately I do not bear good tidings.  I have tried what you say 
>> (including in a database converted from Access 2002) without experiencing 
>> this problem.
>>
>> Does the problem go away if you comment out the code which sets those 
>> properties?
>>
>> Baz
>>
>> "derek" <dbest@ezderek.com> wrote in message 
>> news:egBHbsMTIHA.4280@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> Baz -
>>> I don't know if you are stil monitoring this thread but I've tracked 
>>> down the problem a bit further...
>>> It occurs whenever the code assigns an inputmask and format to a control 
>>> that previously had no inputmask and format.  Furthermore, this is an 
>>> mdb database that was converted from A2002. (I don't know if that's 
>>> important or not).  In A2002 this did not trigger a "Save Changes" 
>>> dialog. Apparently in 2007 it does.
>>>
>>> Happy new year
>>> Derek.
>>>
>>>
>>> "Baz" <baz@nospam.nowhere> wrote in message 
>>> news:4778f2ff$0$13938$fa0fcedb@news.zen.co.uk...
>>>> It would be a mistake to think that this is a general issue with A2007, 
>>>> I've just tried it without any problem.
>>>>
>>>> Unfortunately I cannot offer any further suggestions as to why it is an 
>>>> issue for you.
>>>>
>>>> "derek" <dbest@ezderek.com> wrote in message 
>>>> news:e6IFR76SIHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>>> Hi Bob--
>>>>> Yes  that's true but I would contest that if "Layout view" is disabled 
>>>>> then changes to design at run-time should be impossible.  In A2002 the 
>>>>> same code gives no problem.  Looks like I'll have to change thousands 
>>>>> of docmd.close statements.... :-(
>>>>>
>>>>> Derek
>>>>>
>>>>> "Bob Quintal" <rquintal@sPAmpatico.ca> wrote in message 
>>>>> news:Xns9A173C589CCB2BQuintal@66.150.105.47...
>>>>>> "derek" <dbest@ezderek.com> wrote in
>>>>>> news:ekcKSx3SIHA.3676@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Problem .. in an A2007 form I have an OK button that starts out
>>>>>>> disabled and gets enabled by code when certain things happen.
>>>>>>> This is all fine and according to plan.  But whenever I close this
>>>>>>> form, A2007 asks me if I want to save changes.  If I say YES, the
>>>>>>> state of the command button is saved as "enabled".  Look I
>>>>>>> designed it this way for a darned good reason and I don't want
>>>>>>> Access changng the design of my forms every time they close, just
>>>>>>> because some properties have been changed since they opened.  It's
>>>>>>> just not logical!
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> The property "Enable Layout View" is disabled for this database,
>>>>>>> and the form property "Allow Layout View" is also set to No.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> How can I stop this behavior?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Derek
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> The DoCmd.Close statement has an optional parameter to save form
>>>>>> design changes. It does not affect the saving of the data.
>>>>>>    DoCmd.Close , , acSaveNo
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -- 
>>>>>> Bob Quintal
>>>>>>
>>>>>> PA is y I've altered my email address.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -- 
>>>>>> Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
Baz
1/2/2008 7:22:30 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

changing outlook server
I recently changed jobs. I'm wondering what the best way is to reconfigure outlook to point to the new exchange server and mailbox without wiping out all the data I have in my current mailbox. I don't necessarily need access to it any time soon, I just don't want to lose the content in case I ever need to search or reference anything. Any pointers on the best way to do this? I assume perhaps backup the PST file (or is it OST, been a while) and start from scratch? If it's not already in a .PST file I'd export it to a PST file right away -- just to be safe. Then co...

After Update Save
I have a form that I want to force one of the fields to update with a timestamp when any of the other field's data changes. Private Sub Form_AfterUpdate() Me.PESA_timestamp = CurrentUser() & " ~ " & Date End Sub When a change is made, it stays in the record and won't leave "Edit mode" until I hit the ESC key. How can I get it to accept my changes and allow me to proceed to the next record without manually hitting the ESC. Also. .is there a way to get the Login Name rather than the PC user name? -- Thank you, cs ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ...

Reminder Date in Outlook 2007
Hi I would appreciate help with this problem. I often set reminders on e- mails using the Right click on the e-mail in my inbox and selecting Add Reminder... My problem is that the default date for the reminder is:01 January 4501 at 08:30 am. I am perfectly happy with the time, but cannot find where to change the default date for this option. My computer date and time are correct, and so is my calendar in Outlook working on the correct date. I am running Windows XP Home SP3 and Office 2007 SP1. Thanks Heather ...

Is it possible to change primary key
During the form customization, a primary key (field) can not be removed or moved to another column. So is it possible to change primary field in a table? Thanks, no...not in the CRM tables. "Gulsah Safsoy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1bb1001c42133$0574dcd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > During the form customization, a primary key (field) can > not be removed or moved to another column. So is it > possible to change primary field in a table? > > Thanks, > ...

How to save MS Money program updates?
I wish to archive software updates to Microsoft Money on my computer's disk drive. What I mean is, I would like to be able to obtain the latest version of the MS Money program without going through Microsoft's network servers. In particular, I would like to be able to 1. Install MS Money from the Microsoft CD-ROM that I bought. 2. Execute one or more update/installer files stored on my own PC. How to obtain the update/installer file(s) in step 2. above? I have the latest version, Microsoft Money Plus Premium 17.0.125.1415 expiring 11/23/2009. Thanks for any suggestions. -- David A...

column width changes
I have two seperate workbooks (Excel 2000)with exact same formatting. I save them as Excel 97 formats for use by colleague with older version of Excel. One workbook is okay but other will have one column width reduced, which causes cell to display ####. I've compared the workbooks one for one and cannot locate the problem. Any help? The first question I have is what's in that cell? Is it a date? Excel picks up several date formats from windows regional settings. For example, if you format as m/d/y and I use mm/dd/yyyy as my windows (8 digits and 2 slashes). If you use m/d/yy,...

Office 2007
I am replacing my PC and have Office 2007 on it. I cannot find the original CD and am wondering if I can run it from an external disk, because I plan on pulling the hard drive out of my old PC and using it as an external disk for my new PC. Will Office 2007 run from it? In article <26C00CCD-2C28-4685-BB55-71E97B4789C4@microsoft.com>, dnar <dnar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am replacing my PC and have Office 2007 on it. I cannot find the original > CD and am wondering if I can run it from an external disk, because I plan on > pulling the hard dr...

change worksheet data without changing chart
I am attempting to create a scatter plot chart in Excel that will not get modified each time I sort my Excel worksheet. Does anybody know how to "lock" the chart or export it so that it is no longer linked to the worksheet? Thanks!!! Here's how to unlink a chart from its data: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ shelly wrote: > I am attempting to create a scatter plot chart in Excel > that will not ge...

want to uncheck "Hide spellling errors in ths document"
I've received a Word doc from someone that does not show the spelling errors. When I go to Tools/Options/Spelling & Grammar, I see that "Hide spelling errors in this document" is checked, but the check and the words are grayed out and I cannot uncheck it -- what gives? I want to uncheck that. I'm using Word 97. Jack ...

Outlook Prompts for E-mail Account and Password Even Though "Save Password" Has Been Checked (XP)
The OS is XP Pro. One user, Adminstrator, password login. I can't recall if it's Outlook 2000 or 2003. Multiple e-mail accounts. Every time he gets his e-mail, Outlook prompts for the account logins and passwords. He checks the "save password" box and it gets the mail. But the next time he gets his e-mail, Outlook prompts for the accountnames and passwords again. Any idea why? Peter, I have had the same problem ever since I upgraded to Outlook 2002. Hope someone has the answer. This also happens on several of my web based email sites. I check the Remember my login and p...

PowerPoint 2007 Printing issues
Hi, This issue has been driving me crazy: we have presentations that have linked excel tables and pictures, and everything looks awesome in print preview and presentation mode, but when I print, some linked excel tables and pictures just show blank. I have played around with it, and the only way to guarantee it prints is to paste everything as Bitmap picture, but we need the linked Excel table function to save tons of time cutting and pasting. As I said, some of the tables will print, but some of them don't, which is driving me nuts, and everything is fine electronical...

how to save file with preview in excel
How do you save a file with preview in excel On the File menu, choose Properties, then the Summary tab. There, check the "Save preview picture" checkbox. "Rebee" <Rebee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:261A3C8B-D77D-4879-9FDE-6BE996033261@microsoft.com... > How do you save a file with preview in excel ...

How to change transparency of series
Do you know how to use the transparency button in Format data series->Patterns->Fill Effects->Gradient? I found the button in it is grey. Hi, Transparency is not available in older versions of windows xl, pre 2007. For a work around http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Christine Ma" <ChristineMa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA965B33-F7DF-4657-AFCE-47887D248DFC@microsoft.com... > Do you know how to use the transparency button in Format data > series->P...

2 Subforms, can't change link fields for one
I have two subforms on my main form. The second is a copy of the first, but I want to link it to separate fields on the main form. When I open the main form in design view, the first subform shows in design view, but the second is just a blank control. The controlsource field is set to the same as the first. When I try to change the link child/master fields, it says: "The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist." and blanks it out. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, =Ray= ...

IP Sec with DPM 2007 or DPM 2010
Hi, we are about to implement IP Sec for a group of servers which will be backed up by DPM. I wanted to find out if there are any restrictions regarding backing up IP Sec hosts vs non IP Sec hosts in the same domain. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks! There is no restrictions on IP sec policies on DPM as IP sec policies work at much lower layer than what DPM uses. But the policies should be in such a way that both DPM and Production servers should be able to communicate with each other, like network share browsing etc..(any windows applications between these two machines...

Protected worksheet allowed to change ONLY font color
Is there a way to have a protected worksheet where users are allowed ONLY to change font color in a cell. The option to format cells under "protect sheet" allows too many abilities to the user. I am using Excel 2003. ...

Call for opinions on Visual Source Safe with Access 2007
I am at a point where I think that a solution like Visual Source Safe may make sense for my mult-developer environment. I did dabble with it back in the late 90's and found that it often resulted in corruption and other issues. (Damned if I can remember any specifics.) In any case, I am looking for any feedback on the current state of this product from actual users. I am expecting migrate to Acc2007 soon and think it might be a good time to put the project under better source control. I am most interested in what limitations and/or problems you may have encountered as users and ...

Default Change Tender
When we are using the POS occassionally the system defaults the change tender to cheque or credit card, and I have checked that it is setup to be cash and reindexed the database and this still keeps happening ! any suggestions please !!!! hi kirsten, check out the display order of your tender type... :) make the cash as first to be display..so that if your cashier, will just hit enter without looking where the cursor parks 2 tender screen...your sure that it goes to cash always. Hope it help :) "Kirsten" wrote: > When we are using the POS occassionally the system defaul...

How do I allow users to change there password through OWA.
Our password change policy can cause users not to be able to logon to OWA. What steps need to be take to allow password changes through OWA. I have read KB article 297121 but I was hoping for a quick 1.2.3, explanation too. Thanks, Mike I could probably give you a quicker 1-2-3 explanation, but it would only be quicker for you. It would take me a very long time. Sorry. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Brillmike" <brillmike@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:58068C12-D0E4-45A4-8F42-4B96A0715BF0@microsoft.com......

How do I change a Chart's axis scale from visual basic?
How do I change a Chart's (that is on a worksheet) x-axis scale from visual basic? The following only works when the chart has its own sheet/tab. With Charts("Chart1").Axes(xlCategory) .MinimumScale = 740.25 .MaximumScale = 746.25 End With If it is located within a worksheet how do you reference it? Hi, Some more like this for chartobject, With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Chart.Axes(xlCategory) .MinimumScale = 740.25 .MaximumScale = 746.25 End With Cheers Andy jfiorillo wrote: > How do I change a Chart's (that is on a worksheet) ...

Outlook 2007 hosed by SQL Server 2005
Hi. I've been running the Office 2007 Beta for awhile and needed to uninstall SQL Express and install full-blown SQL Server 2005 on my laptop for development reasons. After doing so, Outlook 2007 is completely hosed. It will run, but I cannot open any emails. I can highlight them and save them as HTML or text, but if I try to open one, Outlook freezes. I've run Office diagnostics and it finds nothing major, just the fact that Office 2003 is still installed (but does not work properly, of course). I installed the Office 2007 refresh yesterday, it did not help. I need to get Outlook wor...

Losing Formatting in 2003 to 2007 worksheets
I keep losing all the formating on my worksheets when going form 2003 to 2007 and vice-versa. I try to fix it and then it reverts back to a non-formatted sheet. How do I correct? Similar problem with a solution ... http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=774151 -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA ( remove unused number formats/styles or excess cond. formatting... free download: http://excelusergroup.org/media/p/4861.aspx ) "dalia007ii" <dalia007ii@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AEE20258-5A02-43F8-B316-BDCBD45350F9@micro...

Financial Spreadsheet Help (2007)
I am trying to create a stock portfolio data spreadsheet for Excel 2007, but I am encountering many problems. Firstly, I am trying to find a formula that will divide the current value of the stock with the initial price. However, I receive a #Value error (or some equivalent) whenever I try to enter =Quotient(G6:G100,F6-F100). Also, can Excel automatically change the color of the text depending on the preceeding value? If I enter in $222 in one cell followed by $232 in the next, can Excel color the numbers red or green depending on higher/lower? More later. (If you need further explaining, ...

Saving a document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I try to save a document, I am only given limited options. I want to save the document in a folder that is inside my &quot;Documents&quot; folder, but it will only let me select the &quot;Documents&quot; folder, not the subfolders. Help? There's a chiclet button just to the right of the file name field which expands the Save As dialog window � click it :-) Since you may be new to Mac & may have come from Windows world there are some other Operating System differences you shoul...

saved a file from opened attachment...
hi opened a file from an e-mail attachment into microsoft word 2007, i made chages and clicked the save button and exited the program... went to resend the edited file and it wasn't anywhere to be found checked the file location the mail program saves the e-mails and reopened it that way it was origional... where did it save too? i see other similar posts but found nothign like this exactly if answer somewhere else leave a link? nagy_kyle wrote: > hi > opened a file from an e-mail attachment into microsoft word 2007, i > made chages and clicked the save button a...