30 tables in a form?

How come when i tried to put all my tables into a form, Access doesn't
let me do it and gave me an error?

0
emerlita

You need to provide more information.  A form may be based on a query
comprising several tables, but it is unclear what you mean when you say you
"tried to put all my tables into a form".  In what way exactly are you
attempting to do that, and what is the error message?  What do you hope to
accomplish?

<emerlita@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> How come when i tried to put all my tables into a form, Access doesn't
> let me do it and gave me an error?

0
BruceM
4/11/2007 3:12:02 PM
On Apr 11, 9:12 am, "BruceM" <bam...@yawhodawtcalm.not> wrote:
> You need to provide more information.  A form may be based on a query
> comprising several tables, but it is unclear what you mean when you say you
> "tried to put all my tables into a form".  In what way exactly are you
> attempting to do that, and what is the error message?  What do you hope to
> accomplish?
>
> <emerl...@shaw.ca> wrote in message

> > How come when i tried to put all my tables into a form, Access doesn't
> > let me do it and gave me an error?- Hide quoted text -

Im trying to create a form by using the form wizard. I have 33 tables
in my db and need all of them to create my 1st form.
When i tried to select fields from every single tables in the wizard
and clicked the Next button, i get an error "Subscript out of range".
What does that mean?

0
emerlita
4/11/2007 5:35:57 PM
emerlita@shaw.ca wrote:
> On Apr 11, 9:12 am, "BruceM" <bam...@yawhodawtcalm.not> wrote:
>> You need to provide more information.  A form may be based on a query
>> comprising several tables, but it is unclear what you mean when you
>> say you "tried to put all my tables into a form".  In what way
>> exactly are you attempting to do that, and what is the error
>> message?  What do you hope to accomplish?
>>
>> <emerl...@shaw.ca> wrote in message

>>> How come when i tried to put all my tables into a form, Access
>>> doesn't let me do it and gave me an error?- Hide quoted text -

> Im trying to create a form by using the form wizard. I have 33 tables
> in my db and need all of them to create my 1st form.
> When i tried to select fields from every single tables in the wizard
> and clicked the Next button, i get an error "Subscript out of range".
> What does that mean?

Stop.  What you are attempting will never work.  You cannot just combine a
whole bunch of tables into a single form.  Certainly not if you expect to be
able to edit the data.  A query with more than two tables will seldom be
editable and the more tables you add the smaller the likelyhood gets.

You should generally have a form per table that you want to edit and use
subforms and other lookup mechanisms to pull in data from other tables for
display.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick
4/11/2007 5:50:12 PM

> On Apr 11, 9:12 am, "BruceM" <bam...@yawhodawtcalm.not> wrote:
>> You need to provide more information.  A form may be based on a query
>> comprising several tables, but it is unclear what you mean when you say
>> you
>> "tried to put all my tables into a form".  In what way exactly are you
>> attempting to do that, and what is the error message?  What do you hope
>> accomplish?
>>
>> <emerl...@shaw.ca> wrote in message

>> > How come when i tried to put all my tables into a form, Access doesn't
>> > let me do it and gave me an error?- Hide quoted text -

> Im trying to create a form by using the form wizard. I have 33 tables
> in my db and need all of them to create my 1st form.
> When i tried to select fields from every single tables in the wizard
> and clicked the Next button, i get an error "Subscript out of range".
> What does that mean?

I suspect a design flaw if you need 33 tables included in a form's record
source.  Even without the error message you would almost surely be unable to
update the records.  I don't know exactly what the error message means, but
a Google groups search for that exact text will produce quite a few hits,
one of which may apply to your situation.
With more understanding of what the database does I may be able to provide
some direction.  You could try adding the fields one at a time until you
find one that produces the error, but again, I doubt a form that includes 33
tables in its record source will do what you need.

0
BruceM
4/11/2007 6:00:24 PM
On Apr 12, 4:54 am, scubadiver <scubadi...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Personally, I think you need to sort out your tables and the design.
>
> What is the database for and why 33 tables?
>

> "emerl...@shaw.ca" wrote:
> > On Apr 11, 9:12 am, "BruceM" <bam...@yawhodawtcalm.not> wrote:
> > > You need to provide more information.  A form may be based on a query
> > > comprising several tables, but it is unclear what you mean when you say you
> > > "tried to put all my tables into a form".  In what way exactly are you
> > > attempting to do that, and what is the error message?  What do you hope to
> > > accomplish?
>
> > > <emerl...@shaw.ca> wrote in message

> > Im trying to create a form by using the form wizard. I have 33 tables
> > in my db and need all of them to create my 1st form.
> > When i tried to select fields from every single tables in the wizard
> > and clicked the Next button, i get an error "Subscript out of range".
> > What does that mean?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks to all of you, i think i have to sort my db first and look at
the design.

0
emerlita

Transferring HTML form data to a spreadsheet?
Hi Guys I was hoping someone could help me. Say I have a simple web form, consisting of one text field. How can I get the contents of that text field into a cell in my spreadsheet? For example, lets say, I type my name "2eXtreme" into the Google search bar, is there any way I can run a macro or something similar on the page to read the contents of the search bar text and then copy it into a cell in excel? I've tried using Web Queries, but only text field labels get copied into the spreadsheet, not the text field contents... I hope this makes sense, any help is very much appreci...

pivot tables #19
I want to create a pivot table where I just have to enter the data in once where it will post to a general ledger, income/expense statement, profit & loss report and individual vendor accounts. Can this be done? -- tiki Hi tikitai, Look at my Excel Database Tutorial at http://edferrero.m6.net/DataTutor1.html You should be able to work it out form there. Ed Ferrero > I want to create a pivot table where I just have to enter the data in once where it will post to a general ledger, income/expense statement, profit & loss report and individual vendor accounts. Can this be done? &...

expand and Collapse form
I am trying to make a form that will serve as a sort of navigation pane. I want the form to expand and collapse when I click on a subject this will display other forms I am wanting in that catagory. any idea on how to do this? Not sure exactly what you have in mind, but have you thought of hiding and showing the form. That is easy to do. There are some switchboard examples around if you search. One way is to use a form with a listbox down the left side. Clicking on an item in the listbox, opens a form inside the subform on the right side of the main form. Your code just change...

Modify Access 97 tables in Access 2003
How do I modify an Access 97 table using Access 2003 without converting the database? Is there any tool available? Rick This is only one person's experience... There is only one tool I'm familiar with that would let you do that, and it's called ... Access '97<g>! You've described HOW you want to do something. Now, if you'll describe a bit more about WHY you need this done, the folks here in the newsgroup may be able to offer more specific suggestions. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com...

Creating a Unique Table
I have a database of customers, projects and category of projects. I would like to create a table that would show every project by customer by category. For examples: Category I Category II .. Customer 1 project a project f project b project g project c Customer 2 project d project h project e I've tried using Pivot Table with no luck. Can anyone think of a way to generate a table like this? I am willing to use a commercially available Exel add-in if it will get the job done. Hman Hi this does not look like a databse structure. Maybe you can give a more realistic e...

Change Default When Selecting New Message From Form
Whenever I select New -> Choose Form, it defaults to "Organizational Forms Library" (which is empty). How can I make it default to "User Templates in File System"? Thanks. I've been looking for a way to do that for years, but have never found = one. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues = "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web = interface, at = http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=3Dmicroso= ft.public.outlook.program_forms --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Con...

Opening a new record form but allowing searches
I changed the "Data Entry to Yes" to have my forms open for new records, but it seems to have disabled my ability to move from record to record or allow for searches. Is there another way that I could have set it up so that it allows for both? On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 17:54:06 -0800, Fallout <Fallout@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I changed the "Data Entry to Yes" to have my forms open for new records, but >it seems to have disabled my ability to move from record to record or allow >for searches. Is there another way that I could have set it up ...

Can new table keys be defined?
Using Report Writer - the keys on the table I am using don't have the fields I want. Can I create a new table key? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your time. You cannot add new keys to an existing table in Report Writer. The only way to do this is via Dexterity as a customization. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Alecia" wrote: > Using Report Writer - the keys on the table I am using don't have the fields...

Conditional Formatting not holding in pivot table querying Access
Hi, I have created a pivot table in Excel 2007 based on an Access query. I then created some conditional formatting. My values in the pivot table are percentages. I have red, green and yellow based on what the percentage is. Everything is fine until I refresh the pivot table. The pivot table size does not change (No new rows added). It wipes out all of the color coding though. When I select a cell in my pivot table and select Conditional Formatting, the rules are still there but there is not color. I originally did this file in Excel 2003 and did not have this problem. Can some...

Pivot Table Refresh Problems
Hi All: Hoping that someone can help. I am trying to refresh a pivot table using the following code which was inserted on the Daily Production Output Sheet(both sheets in the same workbook). I am using Excel 2003 Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() 'If data on this worksheet changes, refresh the pivot table Sheets("Daily Production Output").PivotTables("PivotTable3").RefreshTable End Sub The Calculation has been set to Automatic. However when I try to run the above code I am getting the following error" Run Time error 1044, Application defined or Object defin...

Combine two data sources into one pivot table
I have one worksheet that has budget figures and one that has actuals. Is there a way for me to combine these into a single pivot table. "budget" and "actuals" should be different fields of course. This sounds pefectly possible to me but you need to provide more details. Is the data all in one Workbook or more? "Shig" wrote: > I have one worksheet that has budget figures and one that has actuals. > Is there a way for me to combine these into a single pivot table. > "budget" and "actuals" should be different fields of c...

#DIV/0 Pivot Table Problem on Calculated Field
Hi, I have a very large Excel workbook, approximately 95 Megs, 37,000 rows and 50 columns. It has a pivot table with a number of calculated fields, all of which appear to be working fine except one. This field works up to about 10,000 records, but if I increase the number of records much beyond that it will return #DIV/0. The calculation DOES NOT have a divisor in it. It is straight subtraction. I think it is just a memory error due to the size of the workbook. Any other thoughts or work arounds? Thanks, Frank Hayes Anything is possible but it is very unlikely that memory problems ...

Pivot Table and Emailing
Hello Everybody, I have a pivot table that we have sent to out side locations, They are viewing this table as "read Only" although I haven't protected the worksheet. Do you guys know of any setting I need to check that could have "secretly" put this Pivot table as read only? Thankyou Hi Chelsea, Right-click the file in the Windows Explorer and choose Properties. On the General tab see if the Attribute Read Only is checked. This happens when a file is written to certain media such as CD's under certain conditions. The pivot table by itself is not Read Only,...

Combine multiple tables into one

Form check box
I have a check box that's part of a form and have the information copy to a data base: ws.Cells(iRow, 2).Value = Me.txtMemberName.Value ws.Cells(iRow, 5).Value = Me.TxtDeposits.Value ws.Cells(iRow, 6).Value = Me.TxtLending.Value ws.Cells(iRow, 7).Value = Me.CBBroker.Value <---this line ws.Cells(iRow, 8).Value = Me.Txtmutualfunds.Value ws.Cells(iRow, 10).Value = Me.txtComments.Value The value that appears in the data base is "true" How do I simply change this to say "Yes" Thanks for your help if me.cbbroker.value = true then ws.cells(iRow, 7)...

The case of the imperfect Pivot Table
I created a data list and 8 pivot tables (all from the 1 pivot table) related to that list. (I have 1 pivot table for each column) 1. For some strange reason, the data in the second row was not shown in any of the pivot tables (even after clicking the refresh button many times). Only after I typed something different into one of the cells in that offending row and refresh did the correct data appear. 2. I notice too that if the data in all the rows is blank, then all the fields that the data is based upon are still shown. It seems that a pivot table will only show correct values if at least o...

Form will not display records
In Access 2007, one of our users has asked me to research the following, She built one form, using fields from 5 tables, each table has a field, Item_ID, it is the Primary key in all 5 tables, and a 1-1 inner join relates the 5 tables. She then created the form, using the fields from the tables. Data entry works perfectly, and the tables get populated, but when closing the application and then restarting it, the data does not display in the form, although it is still in the tables. What could cause this behavior? What is the SQL feeding the form? -- Build a little, test a ...

Filter by Form limitations
I have a form with several combo boxes which are "limit to list". I have another combo box that is disabled if the value in another field doesn't meet certain criteria. When the user clicks "filter by form", they can't enter any wildcard strings into the "limit to list" combo boxes, and they can't use the disabled field at all for filtering. I would like the form to become more usable for filtering when the user clicks "filter by form" (ability to use wildcards etc). What is the best way to do this? I had a thought that I could put...

Posting from a form to a table
A have a db that is used to keep track of members that talk and when. the process is that I have a form that pulls in several names from a table "MemberName". each record is associated with a date. I would like to have the date of the record post to each of the names from the "MemberName" table. I imagine that you would need one table for the member names and another table for the talks. One member can give many talks, so the relationship is 1 to many between MemberName table and the Talk table. In the talk table, you would have the MemberID from the memb...

Pivot Table fields #2
Is there a way to format multiple pivot table fields at one time and have them refresh that way, rather than having to select each column and choose the format options? Thanks CLou: I think the solution for you is to open the Pivot Table Toolbar and select the Field Settings icon. This sets the format for all results for that particular field. One limitation that I haven't found a way around is getting a preferred column size to "stick" and not reset after a table refresh. Bruce >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to format multiple pivot table fields at ...

Form Designer in VC Net 2003 ???
sorry but I am a newbie ... Does Visual C++ Net 2003 have a form designer like Borland's C Builder ??? Is it easier to develope applicaitons with VC Net then with Borland C Builder ??? Is the form designer in VC Net more flexible and powerful then the ones in Borland C Builder ??? Hope to hear from you soon ... Andy > Does Visual C++ Net 2003 have a form designer like Borland's C Builder ??? Has a form designer, but not like Borland's C Builder. > Is it easier to develope applicaitons with VC Net then with Borland C > Builder ??? I think yes, but this is personal....

calculated field 12-30-09
i have a query with the following fields: year, month, customer, debit euro, credit euro and balance (debit-credit). the query returns multible entries for each customer. e.g. customer X in November 2009 has a balance of 500 euro and December 2009 has a balance of -100 euro. i want to build a field that returns 500 euro for November and 400 euro for December. can i achieve that in a query? i also want to create another field that returns a date. in the above mentioned example: if year is 2009 and month is 11 i want to add thrre months, that is the filed should return the d...

eConnectOutTemp table?
Does anyone have any documentation on this table? I sometimes get "duplicate key" errors on this table. Since it is a temp table, I guess I should be able to delete all records. But when? We have 24/7 eConnect messages from our call center and website. -- Leo Hagebeek Project Manager Top Shop Holding NL Hi Leo, There is a in parameter in most of the econnect procedure. @I_vRequesterTrx. Pass the value 1 (ONE) for this parameter. Hope this helps. Wilson Powlous "Leo" wrote: > Does anyone have any documentation on this table? I sometimes get "duplicate ...

Data Entry Form 03-20-08
Hi, I created a form to use for viewing currently records and entering new data. This time, the form doesn't allow me to enter new data. In fact, all text boxes didn't let me to enter new information. Please help Thanks Chi Several things to check: In form properties: Allow Additions = Yes Allow Edits = Yes If the form's record source is a query, be sure the query is updatable. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Chi" wrote: > Hi, > > I created a form to use for viewing currently records and entering new data. > > This time, the ...