'find' command button

I have a 'find record' command button on a form. How do I make it open the
'find' popup with  'Lookin' set to the whole database (rather than the field
that the client is in when they press 'find') and 'Match' to any part of the
field, rather than whole field.

Thanks
karen

The second part is easy! Goto Tools - Options - Edit/Find  and set Default
Find/Replace to General Search.

For the first part of your question you need to clarify. Do you really mean
"the whole database" opr do you simply mean to search all fields in the form?
And what exactly are you trying to do here? Searching thru al fields could be
very slow! Do you really need to do this?

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq

Outlook 2000
The accept, decline, and tentative buttons are missing when I receive a meeting request. The request comes through as a regular email message. I have searched the knowledge base and I can't find anything for 2000 using exchange server. Thank you. ...

Run Workflow button is not displayed
Hi, I have defined an on-demand workflow for a custom entity. As an administrator I can see Run Workflow button in both views and form of the custom object, but a user with salesperson role cannot see the button. I checked that Salesperson role has "Execute Workflow Job" permission enabled. I appreciate your advise. ------------------- Ali B On the workflow itself chec kthe Scope is set to the appropriate level. Or other wise share the workflow with any user you like using Actions > Sharing -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Extended Entity and Plug-i...

Change Header/Footer w/ Worksheet Option Buttons
I have a workbook named QUOTES that uses a referenced add-in workbook named Add-In which contains all code to manipulate QUOTES. I have 2 option buttons on Sheet1 in QUOTES. One named optAdTech and the other optFormetco. These option buttons represent two different companies. I need to change the Header and Footer information to whichever company option button is true when the quote is printed in the BeforePrint Event in QUOTES. What is the best way to do this? Note: Left Header is company logo, Right Header is company address, Center Footer is text. Would it be possi...

Save Button
For save or save related button, Floppy symbol is used. Since Floppy is obsolete now, this symbol can be changed. Because new generation people don't know about Flobby. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...

where's the "encoding" button for changing the language?
where's the "encoding" button for changing the language? i dont know how to do in this microsoft office outlook 2003. i want read some mail in chinese . ...

How do I find a template for round stickers Avery 8293?
I want to make stickers using Avery 8293 round lables, but they are not listed in Publisher. Will someone please tell me if I can enter in the code or something so Publisher will recognize them. Thanks. No, you'll have to lay them out manually. There are a few misc templates at http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=38 but not that specific one. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "ellida_s" <ellida_s@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6F75B0B-D9E4-4E8B-B759-0AC0...

MSCRM 4: How to hide a button
Hi, The objective is to hide some unused buttons (for example: Save and Close button). The reason of hiding this button is because we added few buttons (using isv.config) based on customer's request which provide more meaningful usage based on their scenario. But the problem is, MSCRM 4 is too "SMART", it truncate the "Text" and just leave the icon there. I think this is due to the available space is not enough to show everything (all buttons Icon + Text), that's why it took away the Text, and just leave the icon there. So, in order to avoid that, we used so...

Account statment having no accept change button
When I am trying to download the statement, it directly coming into my account and marked as E. I am not sure, what's happening. It just happening for one bank account. Other credit card and bank account, statment are coming with the accept change button. I am just worried, why the same is not happening for my one bank account. I tried global setting, online setting, still no help. Please help me, because money 2005 is not able to match the transaction, so I want to match those. It's a known issue. There are now two types of synchronization that Money is capable of performi...

Find Next Available Date
I have a query that filters out weekends and holiday dates. This query drives a combo box on my form. I would like the default value in this combo box to be the next available maturity date from the filtered query. The next available date will be driven off of a text box "trade_date" that defaults to date(). I have been struggling with this one. Any ideas? Nate, There might be a simpler way suggested by one of our experts, but I like to deal with dates using values based on the current default epoch in Access. That said, it's fairly straight forward in code to find the curr...

Move mailboxes command line util
Hello, I'm in the process of migrating Exchange 5.5 mailboxes to Exchange 2003 servers. Is there a command line utility that can help me with this process? My Exchange 2003 foundation is ready, but now I need to move those users' mailboxes, and I'd like to do this from a command line utility using a list of users saved on a text file. Thanks. Why would you want to do this when E2K3 provides you with a very cool method for moving mailboxes? On your E2K3 server, open ADUC and r-click on a couple of users and click on "exchange Tasks". Click Next and click "Move ...

How do I find and delete links?
I have a large Excel file with many worksheets, every time I open it I' asked if I want to update the data from another work book. There are some links in there somewhere responsible for this and can't find them. Edit ... links only shows me where they are pointin to, not where they are nor giving me an option to remove them. anybody know how? thank -- Markathepu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Markathepub's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=353 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...

Getting rid of spam/finding source
Hello - We're getting blacklisted and con't find the source opf the spam/virus. Here's are some entries from the event log: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: NDR Event ID: 3030 Date: 6/15/2010 Time: 3:31:53 PM User: N/A Computer: SBSSERVER Description: A non-delivery report with a status code of 2.0.0 was generated for recipient rfc822;j.neff@sbcglobal.net (Message-ID <SBSSERVERnYnTdbhbpx00001f03@mail.olec.com>). For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.mic...

Can you find the error ! Drawing a button in non client area but caption is not setting to ....
Hello Experts , I spent almost 4 hrs today doing this .If anyone can help me ,that would be hats off ! I wanted to remove all the min,max and close button and later draw my min max buttons. Here is what i did 1.Added the styles in the PreCreateWindow.This works and the min ,max ,close are invisible . 2.Added a WN_NCPAINT handler for drawing of buttons ,when I want to draw my buttons in the non client area but the min ,max ,close buttons are still visible. 3. When you put a comment to ON_WM_NCPAINT() min ,max ,close are visible . Am i missing anything ?Can anyone point my error? *******ST...

After a full computer restore how do i find my old e-mails
I have just do a full restore of my computer OS is windows 7 did a full back up and have now restored all files Have reloaded Outlook 2007 How do i find my old e-mails and contacts? They may well have been overwritten in any backup / restore Within Outlook, File>Open>Data File......what data files are shown? "dwy39" <dwy39@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:465157FD-8BA0-4697-95B8-F38298778FD6@microsoft.com... >I have just do a full restore of my computer > OS is windows 7 > did a full back up and have now restored all files > Ha...

CHANGE DATA SERIES WITH A COMMAND BUTTON
A B C D E F 1 Ray 1 3 5 7 9 11 2 Maureen 2 4 6 8 10 12 3 Sharon 3 5 7 9 11 13 4 Tim 4 6 8 10 12 14 5 Katie 5 7 9 11 13 15 6 Carl 6 8 10 12 14 16 The above table shows a set of made up data. I would like to be able to automate the data I select to chart. Each time i do make a chart it should plot the top row as the x axis and then the relevant data for the particular person. ie 3,5,7,9,11,13 for Sharon. Can anyone suggest how this may be done by perhaps using a combo box or some other means . Thank you http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Mi...

making switchboards and linking buttons in excel
i want to make a menue or a switchboard in excell to link different worksheets with it and to reach the worksheet i need easily. like main menue. thanx. so what is it that you don't know how to do? You gotta be more specific ...

cant' find KB about UPN and OWA
Does anyone know where to find the contents of KB267906 It was at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=267906 thks in advance Ed Typically these are missing because they have been pulled for re-editing etc.... I will try to find out and report back here if I do. On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 14:56:02 -0700, edicer <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know where to find the contents of KB267906? > >It was at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=267906? > >thks in advance. > >Ed ...

Sending a file link with a command line parameter
Hi, I want to sent a link to my users (internal network), which opens a local program. I can do this by inserting this link in my outlook mail: file://c:/myapp.exe But what if I wanted to send a parameter (like a customerID) in the mail. This doesn't work... file://c:/myapp.exe customerID=1234 Any idea? Thanks! M O J O On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:20:18 +0100, M O J O wrote in microsoft.public.outlook: >I want to sent a link to my users (internal network), which opens a >local program. > >I can do this by inserting this link in my outlook mail: > >file://c:/myapp.e...

cntl+f does not find data that I can see in chart
I have two spreadsheets. In ss 1 there are names that are linked from ss 2. When I use ctrl+f to find the names, they are not found, even though I can see that they are there. Any help is appreciated. It is not finding it in the usual way because it is not really there. If you click the cell you will see the formula bar says Sheet1!A1 or whatever the cell is. To allow Control+f to find text, in the Find dialog box, click Options to expand the box. Under Look in: change Formulas to Values. That should do it. HTH Guy "mathew" wrote: > I have two spreadsheets. In ss...

Doing a search and copying a command
I figured out how to import data. Now I am trying to figure out a couple of things. I have a column of dates. A range of 48 cells of 1/1/09 in column A. Each row is data for each half hour. Now that range of 48 cells is the repeated for each day of the year. I can easily do a command manually for each day but that will require me to do 365 seperate commands. I would like to find the minimum temperature within 2 columns of F & G for only rows in Column A that have 1/1/09. I wanted to do something like using a search/lookup/find command for 1/1/09 min F:G. Then do the same thing for 1/2/0...

Find specific condition in a range
I have a column showing a calculated dollar amount. The amount changes based on conditions entered elsewhere in the spreadsheet. The values start at a positive number, decrease (calculated based on a value entered elsewhere) until they get to a negative number (and keep decreasing past that point, i.e. lower negative numbers). How can I return the cell that has the last positive number (or the first negative number)? In A1`:A21 I have 10, 9,8 .... 1, 0, -1 ... -8,-9.-10 This formula =MATCH(MIN(ABS(A1:A21)),A1:A21,0) returns position (11) of the smallest absolute value (here 0) ...

need help: click button to reload record set
Suppose you have a form that is generated from the following query: select * from foo where bar = True (bar of course being a boolean attribute of table foo) now suppose that you have a button whose action is to modify the active record of the form event onClick( ) Me.bar = false end how do you force the form to re-execute the query (i.e. reload, but with the record that just had its "bar" attribute changed to false so it should be excluded from the record set)? --b Add a requery statement after record is modified: event onClick( ) Me.bar = false Requery end HTH...

I desperately need help finding my old Outlook files
My computer contracted a Trojan Virus about a week ago. I took th computer in to the local fix it computer store and they informed m that they could save all of my data and simply reinstall Windows 2000. I would then find the old information on my C drive and import it int the appropriate programs. I have successfully done that for th majority of my programs. However, I cannot locate any of my ol emails, contacts etc from Outlook. When I called him he stated tha there is no way to save information that is in Outlook. He simpl reinstalled Windows 2000 (I used to have XP but could not loca...

I can't remove the Email button to the Standard toolbar in Excel
Whenever I remove the Email button on the Standard toolbar in Excel, as soon as I reopen Excel the button is on the toolbar again. ...

Commercial FTP Clients That Support Microsoft FTP Command Scripts?
Apparently the Microsoft FTP client does not correctly support FTP passive mode. Issuing QUOTE PASV puts the server in passive FTP mode, but the client doesn't follow through and implement the FTP-DATA connection. Does anyone know of a commercial FTP command line client for Windows that is compatible with the Microsoft FTP command scripts? We have some existing scripts for use with the Microsoft client and we would like to avoid having to rewrite those. We need a client that correctly supports passive mode. -- W ...