Using Access Reports in other EXE file

Hello
I'd like to use access reports from any access version XP, 2000 or 97;
because of the easy way to build such reports.
Have you ever found or built any solutions permitting to reuse such access
reports objects in other exe files, developped in Visual Basic, Visual
Studio or even Delphi....

Thanks a lot for your suggestions

0
LLaurent

Hi.

Most programming languages support launching an executable, so the Snapshot
Viewer executable would be a good choice for viewing reports exported from
Access as Snapshot (*.SNP) files.  Access would not need to be installed on
the computer in order to view the snapshot reports.

The Snapshot Viewer is freely downloadable from Microsoft and can read
snapshot files created in Access 97 through 2003.  One may download the
Snapshot Viewer and both security patches from links on this Web page:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=DC&Query=snapshot+viewer

HTH.

Gunny

See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.
See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips.

(Please remove ZERO_SPAM from my reply E-mail address, so that a message
will be forwarded to me.)

"LLaurent" <unknown@free.fr> wrote in message
> Hello
> I'd like to use access reports from any access version XP, 2000 or 97;
> because of the easy way to build such reports.
> Have you ever found or built any solutions permitting to reuse such access
> reports objects in other exe files, developped in Visual Basic, Visual
> Studio or even Delphi....
>
> Thanks a lot for your suggestions

If Access is installed on the machine in addition to the additional
application(s), you may be able to use Automation to launch the Access
reports.

ACC: How to Use Automation to Print Microsoft Access Reports:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=145707
ACC2000: How to Use Automation to Print Microsoft Access Reports
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=210132
ACC2002: How to Use Automation to Print Microsoft Access Reports
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=296586
ACC: Using Microsoft Access as an Automation Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=147816
ACC2000: Using Microsoft Access as an Automation Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=210111

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"LLaurent" <unknown@free.fr> wrote in message
> Hello
> I'd like to use access reports from any access version XP, 2000 or 97;
> because of the easy way to build such reports.
> Have you ever found or built any solutions permitting to reuse such access
> reports objects in other exe files, developped in Visual Basic, Visual
> Studio or even Delphi....
>
> Thanks a lot for your suggestions

0
Douglas

How to stop "Help" accessing Office Online
Excel 2003. I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For example, with a stupidly simple example: =vlookup Press F1 Assistance appears, then if you hit the green arrow it goes to the online mode and searches the web.... really a pain. Esp. since my firewall blocked the search and thereafter Excel simply crashed. Try: Help|Microsoft Help|Online Content Settings|Online Content Category Turn off what you don't want. Steve wrote: > > Excel 2003. > > I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For > exampl...

Linking files 2 ways

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Reporting from Project Server

Maximum file sizes

File size #11

find action on log file

using the journal on outlook

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

Access to User Calendar

microsoft.public.access.conversion

Mobile Access
When I try to reach our mobile access by typing http://serverIP/oma, I get the error... A system error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks, Jose What is "oma" supposed to be? "Jose Alfaro" <ja@mkrs.com> wrote in message news:2cfc01c3fcaa$2e5247d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to reach our mobile access by typing > http://serverIP/oma, I get the error... > > A system error has occurred while processing your > request. Please...

Problem with different versions of Access
Hello, I am working on a VBA Access pplication which connects to a SQL Server database. I have a continuous form displayed with data, ad it is linked to a database table, so when I enter a value from my form the data in instantaneously updated in the database. The problem I have is that this form works perfectly when I am developping, and using my developpement environement (with Access allowing me to set breakpoints, go step by step in the code and so on), but it does not work when I use it in the PC of the ending user : in this case, when I enter a value in the form, and click in a...

Search media files
I have WMP 11 on Windows XP SP3. I have recently move all my music on an external hard disk. Now that I want to search the media files so that it changes the file path and I can listen to my music, it seems that there is no search media files in my Tools menu. What am I doing wrong? On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 14:22:01 -0700, newsy <newsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have WMP 11 on Windows XP SP3. I have recently move all my music on an >external hard disk. Now that I want to search the media files so that it >changes the file path and I can listen to my music, i...

Trouble in Save existing file
Hi there, I am using GetSaveFileName(), OnSaveDocument() to save configuration file of my application. Trouble is when I open existing file, edit, and try to save it as the same name, it compains like "Access to file was denied" and I can't save it. But it can be saved as a new name by SaveAs menu. One other thing is this trouble is happening only in Window2000 PCs. It just works well in Window 98. The application is developed in Windows 2000 and I am using Flags like OFN_PATHMUSTEXIST | OFN_FILEMUSTEXIST; Please help. Bob NZ >Hi there, I am using GetSaveFileName(), OnSaveD...