Undefined function 'Format$' in expression.

Dear all,
I've converted my db from 97 to 2k.
When I tried to run a Query, above mentioned message pops
up. It seems like there's no such function of Formst$
(change date format) in Access2k?
Or it's about conversion error?
Also, I can view my VB codes after conversion.

Appreciate someone to help. Thanks.
0
Mike

Hi Mike,

This normally means something has gone with references in
the VBA project. See
http://members.rogers.com/douglas.j.steele/AccessReferenceErrors.html
for details and how to fix it.

--
John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP]

Please respond in the newgroup and not by email.
0
John
10/1/2003 10:38:35 AM
Hi John Nurick,

Thanks for replying my question in Microsoft Community
Newsgroup.
I posted my question in Malaysia yesterday evening.
Unfortunately, I bet my email address has been manipulated
by others for spam or junk mail purpose.
This morning, I received a lot of Undelivered Messages
which I've never sent out to those recipients.
I also received some mails with exe. attachment asking me
to upgrade my applications.
I think it's all to do with my email address which
released in the Community Newsgroup.
Do you have any idea to delete off my posted question?
Appreciate your further assistance.

Thanks & Rgds,
Mike

0
Mike
10/2/2003 1:19:10 AM
Hi Mike,

There is no practicable way of recalling or altering a newsgroup message
once it has propagated beyond the server it was first posted to (which
usually happens within minutes if not seconds).

Unfortunately there is software in existence that scans these and other
newsgroups and copies any email addresses it finds, to be used for spam.
Many people (including me) use a lightly-disguised version of the real
email address in the hope of avoiding this.

As far as I know, however, this process usually takes more than the
matter of hours that seem to have been involved here; and there are
other possible causes of the messages you've been receiving.

One is another standard technique of the spammers: they take publicly
available domain names (such as memwire.com) and common names (such as
john and mike) and combine them to create *possible* email addresses,
which they then send spam to.

The "undelivered" messages are probably be in response to messages sent
by a virus or worm. This may mean that your computer has been infected
(and you should take steps to ensure that it hasn't). But if you have
good, up-to-date antivirus software, the "undelivered" messages you are
receiving are probably in response to some other computer that has
become infected and is sending out virus-carrying messages that appear
to be from you.

The messages asking you to run a .exe attachment to update your software
are (as you are probably aware) themselves infected with a new worm or
virus.

--
John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP]

Please respond in the newgroup and not by email.
0
John

Change default font format in Excel
I have an existing workbook with cell text entries in regular black font. I want to make a number of additional entries in various cells in this workbook, and I want all my text entries to be a different font format (bold, red). Is there a way to do this automatically without highlighting each entry I make and manually changing the cell format? Thanks. Michael, Copy the code below, right-click on your sheet tab, select "View Code" and paste the code in the window that appears. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Cou...

Date format issue when submitting from a userform to a spreadsheet
Hi, I have a userform that I've generated which routes dates onto a spreadsheet based on the users input. I am having a bit of a frustrating time with the dates, it would appear that in the process of moving the date from the userform to the spreadsheet some dates are switched/transposed. I'll give an example. If someone enters 09/02/2004 on the userform excel seems to look at 09 and assume it is a month and transposes the dates to 02/09/2004(this does not appear to be a US/UK format issues as I have already gone down that road). However, if the date 13/09/2004 is entered i...

Backing Up Outlook Express Emails
Does anyone know how to back up email's in Outlook Express? Backup your dbx-files For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Cindy" <anonymous@discussion...

Pivot Table formatting #6
When I format my pivot tables I have "preserve formatting" checked under "PivotTable Options", and "Autoformat Table" unchecked. Even so, I either lose portions of my formatting, or different formatting is applied when I refresh. Does anyone know what I am doing incorrectly or have any other suggestions? Thanks, Phil Other things to try -- if they don't work, you could record a macro as you refresh and reformat the pivot table. Then, run that when you want to update. --Instead of selecting the cells to format the numbers, right-click the field but...

SUMIF function not calculating from closed worksheet
We recently upgraded from Microsoft Office 2000 to 2007. Prior to the upgrade each department would access a spreadsheet that would load data from a common lookup spreadsheet The loading process was performed as follows: The lookup file and each department file would be opened to update the link for that month and then saved and closed. When the department head would open the department file, a question would appear asking if they wanted to update the link, if they answered no the spreadsheet would open and display the calculated data. If they answered yes, the file would o...

Custom cell formatting
I need to create a custom format for a series of cells that will begin like this. I can't figure out what the code character is fora volitile potentially alpha character. Can anyone help me?? -Monica, Dallas 000000 000001 000002 .... 000009 00000A 00000B 000010 000011 ...... Monica something like this might work for you but you'll need to put all the leading digits in for the entry with the alpha character Regards Trevor "MDavison" <davison@fr.com> wrote in message news:#SD0tUzTEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I need to create a custom format for a series ...

Auto formatting features: How do I align page numbers in publicati
I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can someone help me? Cissy99 wrote: > I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to > the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can > someone help me? You need to create a two-page master rather than a one-page master. What version of Publisher are you running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Can I create sub-functions in a cross-functional flowchart?
Trying to create a template for my organization to map processes to. Goal is to map the organization to the 'function bars' in Visio's cross-function flowcharts. However, I would like to create some 'sub-functions' for lower organizational elements (i.e. divisions under a department). Is this possible?? ...

Formatting
I've always used MS Word as my email editor in Outlook. Is this possible in Live Mail. Nope. I'm afraid that's only possible using Outlook. In WLM you have to use the built in editor. Is there anything in particular that's lacking from the built in editor that you're looking for? Colin Brown WL MVP "jrchambe" <jrchambe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EC21892-D39F-4219-AB0F-47BC14E1CD36@microsoft.com... > I've always used MS Word as my email editor in Outlook. Is this possible > in > Live Mail. "...

Outlook Express Attachments #10
OE strips attachments containing Word docs. How do I stop this? The blocking access to feature is disabled via the security tab under tools | options. (its the second checkbox from the top.) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Jim Beam" <pantheos2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:013101c3dd43$0623e970$a401280a@phx.gbl... > OE strips attachments containing Word docs. How do I > stop this? Tools Options Security untick the second check box "Jim Beam" <pantheos2003@yahoo.com&...

Formating
Hi, In a Column 'A' sales Commission is calculated and resulta is as 250, 200, 300, 330. I wanted to format a cell with a Blinking colours where value is 100 to 250, 250 to 300, 300 to 350 and 350 & above. please help to format my sheet ... thanks Ismail, Getting your cells to "blink" is not in the standard Excel formats What you want would require some extensive programming, certainly, ou of my capabilities. However, there are some great things you can do with Excel' CONDITIONAL FORMATTING. Let's say in column A you have numbers that are the result of formu...

Date Format turn to Year
Hi, I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years later. =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. Your help would be much apprecated. Thanks What's in A1? Are you sure it's a real date? "learning_codes@hotmail.com" wrote: > > Hi, > > I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years > later. > > =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. > > I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. > > Your ...

Opening and formating a CSV file?
Could someone remind me how to handle CSV files please? I had assumed the Text Import Wizard would pop-up when I use File|Open, but the data goes straight into the worksheet. (Presumably because it is not 'delimited'?) Without the Wizard at my side, how do I get each comma-separated field in its own column? -- Terry, West Sussex, UK Try renaming your .csv file to .txt Terry Pinnell wrote: > > Could someone remind me how to handle CSV files please? I had assumed > the Text Import Wizard would pop-up when I use File|Open, but the data > goes straight into the worksheet...

Problem access variable in On Format
Hi, I'm using Access via Office XP Pro. I am trying to format the Zip Code on the detail line of my report. I have tried the following lines of code in both the On Format event and the On Print event: If len([PostalCode]) > 5 Then : : end if or if len(Me.PostalCode) > 5 Then : : end if In both events and either code, I receive the error message: Access can't find the field 'PostalCode' referred to in your expression. If I put "PostalCode" as the source of the report's control...

More than 7 If Functions Example is IF(A2="Bongaigaon", B2*40, ..
i want to use if Command in which 19 times If Function to be used for Example of the Function is =IF(A2="Bongaigaon", B2*40, IF(A2="Dhemaji", B2*100, IF(A2="Dhubri", B2*50, IF(A2="Dibrugarh", B2*65, IF(A2="Golaghat", B2*50, IF(A2="Guwahati", B2*20, IF(A2="hojai", B2*50, IF(A2="Jorhat", B2*60, If(A2="Kharupetia", B2*50, up to 19 times Hi - You really need to create a table with the 19 names in one column and, in the column to the right, the vaues associated with each name. That would ...

Formatting Cells in Excel 97

format a CD
Hi, how can I format a cd+rw re writeable disc aga ...

Incomplete Escaping Functionality??
Hello All... I am in an app that needs to write out an XML document for transmittal to an outside organization. All good and fine... I create the XmlDocument object, append all my nodes, and values etc etc... and it all works. Now I go to save the file... I tried two methods... MyXmlDocument.Save(filename) and My.Computer.FileSystem.WriteAllText(filename, MyXmlDoc.OuterXml, False) The problem comes in with XmlDocument.OuterXml. According to XML, there are 5 characters which need to be escaped... Ampersand, LessThan, GreaterThan, Apostrophe and DoubleQuote. XmlDocument.OuterXml, esca...

switching fr Outlook Express to Outlook
How can I switch from Outlook Express to Outlook? Also: How can I receive mail in Outlook? Right now, I'm receiving everything in OE, even though I have Outlook set up as the default. Let me know / Frustrated in Pgh., Tess 1) Make sure Outlook is listed as your default mail program here: Control Panel | Internet Options | Programs tab. 2) Remove all mail accounts from Outlook Express (unless you can't bear to part with them for some reason). 3) Disable automatic checking for new mail in OE. 4) Only open OE if you're going to use it for newsreading (Outlook doesn't h...

how to format and print labels from an excel file
I have an excel list of people with 12 cells of information. I want to format and print "name tags" (labels?) using only the information in four cells. How can I do this? You can print labels in Excel but formatting can be a problem. Best to use Word for the mailmerge operation and select the 4 labels to print during the setup in Word. For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm And a t...

Set a reference to Microsoft VBScript Regular Expressions (vbscript.dll)
In vba, how do you do that? Thank you. On Dec 1, 7:28=A0am, cate <catebekens...@yahoo.com> wrote: > In vba, how do you do that? > Thank you. Sorry, I had no idea how simple it was. Tools->References->[x] Microsoft VBScript Regular Expression 5.5 Its about halfway down Microsoft VBScript Regular Expressions 5.5 -- -John http://www.jmbundy.blogspot.com/ Please rate when your question is answered to help us and others know what is helpful. "cate" wrote: > In vba, how do you do that? > Thank you. > . > That's one way t...

Remove format link?
Is there a way to remove the format link between fields in Modifier? Help just shows how to set it and the usual stuff doesn't seem to be working. ...

Math Function from Field Before Update
Have any of you written a function that you would be willing to share that performs math on text entered into a field before it is stored in the table? For instance, it would be helpful for a user to enter quantities of inventory into a field like 45+56+48 or 14+2*15. Then the function would calculate the total to be returned to the field to be saved. I'm sure I could come up with something, but I'm equally sure that someone has already invented this "wheel" before. Thanks in advance. Doctor wrote: > Have any of you written a function that you would be...

ROUND Function with other function
Hi, I have this formula: =IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8) and the results shows me for example: +11.6 but what I really want t show is +12. I've been trying to put the "Round" function at a few places in th formula but it doesn't work. The closest I got was with this formula: =ROUND(IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8),0) where it showed me 12, without the "+" sign before.... Can anyone help me ? Thank -- Outapi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Outapin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member...