Unable to open Access 95 mdb in Access 97

Hi

I am trying to open an old Access 95 mdb in Access 97...I
didn't create it but someone who knew the database way
back when said that a system.mda file was created for
that particular database because it had a lot of personal
info in it.
(I am not familiar with mda files...the database folder
also had a system.ldb file there as well...I deleted that
file...but am unsure why it wasn't closed out to begin
with)

I was able to open Access 97 and repair it...but when I
go to open it in Access 97...I get an Automation
Error...Cannot find VEENLR3.hlp file.

Do you think it may have some corrupt/or conflicting VBA
code...

Any help greatly appreciated!

0
Jacqueline

I installed that hlp file from the office 97 disc...but
am now getting an new automation error...error 440.

0
Jacqueline

Outlook Web Access on a SBS 2000 Server?
Howdy all - HNY, Will OWA work with a Small Business Server 2000 installation? I have good experience setting up OWA on Exchange 2000/2003 but not sure if a SBS installation will support OWA as well? Many thx on any responses. Yes you should have no problems except for allowing it through ISA but that should be a case of setting up an access rule within ISA itself. "Leon" <ap76_at_email.com> wrote in message news:OZiEut30DHA.2680@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Howdy all - HNY, > > Will OWA work with a Small Business Server 2000 installation? > > I have good expe...

individual mail access
In exchange 5 you were able to access each individual mail that was sent to or from you server. You could drag an individual raw mail file in to outlook express and view it in its entirety. We have been keeping these logs for seven years, and would like to keep doing so on exchange 2003. But are not sure if this is even possible. On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 02:59:03 -0700, "Demogene" <Demogene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In exchange 5 you were able to access each individual mail that was sent to >or from you server. You could drag an individual raw mail file in to o...

opening atachments
Suddenly I can not open atachment -**.doc file gets sufix safe and can not be opened ( it look like **.doc.safe). Anyone knows how resolve this? Open the file in notepad to make sure it is safe. Then check your anti-spam or anti-virus program to see if either is doing this. It is not a function that Outlook has. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Suddenly I can not open atachment -*...

Re: Access Problem Installing XP Pro SP3 (Success)
To all of you who took the time to help me thank you. Shenan, it took me three day but SP3 is installed and updated. I followed almost all your instructions. I did not check my drivers as I had no idea how to find or check all my drivers. I keep my video driver up to date but not the rest. I never use the Win Update Drivers. Also instead of uninstalling antivir and firewalls I updated to SP3 in Safe Mode. I have a question, what does using the control key in win update key strokes do? Also do you think IE8 will now install? When I update after the install there was one large...

Publisher 98 files opening in Office 2000 on Windows 98
Help Please! I got a new computer and it has Windows 98 for an operating system,where I installed Office 2000 Premium, and I am trying now to open up my stuff (created business cards etc) from my other computer (which was created with Publisher 98 in a Windows 2000 Professional, with Office 2000 Premium and it says that I can't open files from a different version. Oh noooo...what do I do. I have sooo much stuff that I need to import and reuse. Anybody have the answer to this? Desperate! Do you have Norton? Disable "script blocking", under options, disable "Office plu...

using access database on a mac
Hi. Over the years I've developed an access database which uses 30+ tables, queries, forms, reports, macros etc. Using replication the rest of my department have been able to use the dbase on their laptops. It's a school department and the database keeps pupil records, extra-curricular details, resource information etc. Now however it looks like we are going to switch to Mac's. I would be grateful if someone could give me possible solutions. All the machines would have internet access. many thanks On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 12:02:41 -0800 (PST), barnimup <barnimup@googlemail.com...

RMS 2.0 Access Denied
I've installed RMS 2.0 on one macine to upgrade from QuickSell 2000. I wanted to make sure the data base and hardware all worked before rolling it out to the floor. After using it for a week or so, I get the error "access denied" after I hit enter after putting in my user id and password in the POS sign-in screen. I hit "OK" in the error box and it goes right into POS, no problems. I don't understand what access has been denied. Any help on this? There is a problem with one of the devices on the register list, the net display, or the html status window. ...

How do i get Scheduled Tasks to open Outlook?
Hi, Using Outlook from Office XP, XP Pro and cable connection. To make a long story short i reformatted and reinstalled Outlook but cannot get it to open once in the A.M. to get mail off server. I have one acct. on this machine with no password. It can be done without setting up a password but do not remember how i did it.... It's important for me to have it get the mail early morning before anyone else logs on. Thank you, Rich ...

1500 page Publisher document won't open
I have created a large Publisher document...three times, no less, and can't get the document open after closing it. The message I get says: Publisher can't open this document. What's going on? HELP. I am tired of typing this thing...Ü Considering I've never seen a dialog box that says "Publisher can't open this document", I suspect it says a bit more. What version of Publisher are you using? I also kind of doubt that you've retyped 1500 pages three times. I'd bet you've done something a bit simpler. What did you do to create a documen...

Do Access 2002 reports support duplex (2-sided) printing?
? On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:31:44 -0500, "Robert" <cpq1bcle[REMOVE]@verizon.net> wrote: >? > > Duplex printing is a function of the printer, not Access. Chuck -- In article <4bo0q3hs0u7ktej397ftec88pbt0nl2t22@4ax.com>, libbeyc@schoollink.net says... > On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:31:44 -0500, "Robert" <cpq1bcle[REMOVE]@verizon.net> > wrote: > Duplex printing is a function of the printer, not Access. > > Chuck -- > I think what he wants to know is, can you tell a printer to switch to duplex printing, via Access code, for thi...

Mail Merge Formatted Table from Access to Word
I want to merge and entire table from Acces to Word, complete with formatting. I can get records from a table to appear from my Access table in Word , but what if the number of records periodically changes? The formated table in Word will then become obsolete. Is it possible for the table (the actual formatting that displays borders around the records, etc) to be able to contract or expand based on the number of records in the Access table? I haven't figure out how to do this, and the options in Microsft Query don't appear to allow for much formatting. Thanks, Ruben. On Jul 2,...

3rd party apps unable to access mapi GAL after Outlook security update installed
Is there a way to undo this on a user level? Or must it be on the whole server level by uninstalling the patch. Thanks Tony ...

need help with VBA on opening a form if Vlookup is false.
I am using this code right now to insert data from a form to spreadsheet. If chkMProFCB.Value = True Then Range("C15").Select If IsEmpty(ActiveCell) = False Then ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select End If Range("c65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Value Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(chkMProFCB.Caption Workbooks("bidditdb.xls").Sheets("wa").Range("a1:b200"), 2, False) Range("J65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Value Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(txtMproFCB.Text Workbooks("bidditdb.xls").Sheets("mat").Range(&q...

Sub-folder access by 2nd user thru pst?
In my office the assistants need to access their boss' email sub-folders on a regular basis to print them out and file them (we are a law office). Each boss has up to 100 sub-folders. I understand that in Outlook 2003 permissions to sub-folders must be given individually -- it can't be done from the parent folder. Is it possible to create a .pst file of some of the boss' folders and then copy the file to a shared network drive where the assistant can get the file and open it in her own Outlook folder list? -- Sunrise Yes. It's not recommended though. Will...

Trust access to the VBA project: Excel bug?, workaround required.
I'm fairly sure this is a VBA bug (comments welcome) and need a workaround. In Excel 2007 'm using the the function below in an add-in to return the access oft the VBA project. It appears to work correctly. Private Function IsVBProjectAvailable() As Boolean Dim lngAccessTest As Long On Error Resume Next lngAccessTest = ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents.Count If lngAccessTest > 0 Then IsVBProjectAvailable = True Else IsVBProjectAvailable = False End If End Function ....UNTIL you open a workbook containing macros. At ...

The process cannot access the file. Any idea?
Hello I implemented a class (Context) that works as an Unit of Work for a few XML files. When a XML Node is created a reference to a Image File is saved in it and the Image File is saved somewhere else. For this the Context contains a IFileService which adds the image files to a Queue. I am able to create a node. But on the next operation I get an error: The process cannot access the file '\efdb28e2-246d-4ea4-9b2a-9b446993ac7a' because it is being used by another process. Maybe should I have the IFileService as an parameter of the Context and not as a Property on Con...

Chart Area visible but cannot access rows and columns on worksheet
I have a graph in an Excel spreadsheet and the entire area of the graph are all gray. The row and column heading are not visible - the entire area around the chart is grey. If I am in a preview mode I can't change it because the option to select Normal or Page Break Preview is not present when view is selected. When I tried to add the Normal View (via Customize Toolbars) the icon was gey and non-functional. The chart appear to properly display and print. The workbook has other charts on other sheets that function normally. This is a chart sheet, not an embedded chart. It stands alon...

How to insert JPG's into Access database using CDatabase?
I have a bunch of JPG images that I would like to insert into my Access Database. I have a table in my database with a field called Photo that is an OLE Object type. How do I use CDatabase to insert the JPG's into the table? I am using CXImage (http://www.xdp.it/cximage.htm) to do all my image manipulation within Visual C++ -- _____________________ www.maduckgames.com www.marek-knows.com ...

Stupid Outlook 97 Network Question
We use outlook 97 networked in out work I have limited knowledge of how it works the majority have none or little.... We use tasks in public folders to show everyone all the allocated jobs... It is working great and they have all got the hang of it except.. The system show the read and unread messages against each catergory we do not need to see this and it confuses a few people because if you log on at another PC it shows all tasks as unread can I remove the read unread markers PS. Come on help me You have never let me down yet. Thanks Colin You can mark the messages as read by rig...

Microsoft Access
I have read a few postings and did some research and I can't seem to find the issue I am having for anyone else. I have a database with multiple users that log in, the issue is they seem to have an older load on their pc's then me and the rest of my co- workers. On my PC I have: Microsoft Office 11.0 Object Library Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object Library The users with that same as me have know issues, but the users with 10.0 object libaries (of the above MSO Apps) get the missing error because it appears as though the database is looking for the later versio...

Can't open Word attachments
Hi there! I am having a problem with one of my clients. The situation is this: small business with one stand-alone PC connected to ISP via dial-up. He is on a Windows 2000 PC using Office/Outlook 2003. The problem that I am having is that the user routinely receives Word attachments via email. When I double-click on the attachment, I receive the following error message: "Can't create file: <filename>. Right-click on the folder you want to create the file in and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder." I am able to ope...

Can't access Outlook 2007 Contacts
I recently installed Outlook 2007 on Windows 7. I have managed to migrate my contacts to my new PC, my contacts are there, but I can't access the address book to use the contacts in email. I was going to delete the Outlook Address Book in the account settings and then try adding it again, but it won't let me do this either. The information you failed to provide lies in this statement: "managed to migrate my contacts to my new PC." We can't tell what you did wrong without knowing what you did. -- Russ Valentine "rumpledstiltscin" <rumpledsti...

unable to receive mail from a particular id
Hi , I'm unable to receive mails from a particular E-mail ID. the problem is if the person sends a mail to me , it stores in the mail server ,but unable to download into my outlook. also the progress bar shows the mail is downloading into outlook ,but it is not.seen in my inbox. Both of us using corporate ids ,please help me to fix this problem. With Regards, Ramesh.C is there any one to help this issue. Rizwan <mail2rames@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23Di2nICpFHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi , > I'm unable to receive mails from ...

Opening Excel from the browser
I want to ensure that a link to an excel file will always open the file in the application, not in the browser. Is there a way of ensuring this without bhaving to adjust browser or registry settings on the PC? Thanks I think that this is a user setting controlled by that registry setting. Stuart wrote: > > I want to ensure that a link to an excel file will always > open the file in the application, not in the browser. Is > there a way of ensuring this without bhaving to adjust > browser or registry settings on the PC? > > Thanks -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.co...

How to hide the outlook toolbar when opening an excel file
When I open my excel file the outlook toolbar appears along with all the other toolbars. I do not want to send an email with this file. I just want to open it without the entire outlook tool bar appearing. ...