Suppress Access 2003 Convert/Open dialog

Is there any way to suppress the convert/open dialog when opening an Access
97 database in Access 2003?

Exchange 2003 Backup and Restore Plan
I am currently administering an Exchange 2003 server that is bursting at the seems. Mainly I am running out of Hard Drive space, and I need to upgrade this. I need to know if there is a white paper or tutorial on how to forklift an Exchange installation on the same computer after an upgrade. I need to format hard drives and recreate array's with larger drives and then restore my Exchange installation back to newly reformatted server. Thanks in advance. --Jesus On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:24:03 -0700, "chuy" <chuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am currently ...

Strange! Change the view and dialogs disappear
Hi everyone, We first use a splitter window in mainframe and the right view(SDIDemoView) is derived from CRichEditView. Now we made a new CMyView class which is derived from CHtmlView and replace the SDIDemoView with CMyView in following codes. The view works well itself and it can display the web pages but we cannot open any dialog in our project. It seems the dialog resources have some problem. After we change back the edit in following, the dialogs works again. Any one has an idea? Thanks // create splitter window if (!m_wndSplitter.CreateStatic(this, 1, 2)) return FALSE; if (!m_w...

Suppress Worksheet_SelectionChange conditionally
Is there any way to suppress Worksheet_SelectionChange in instances where the selection change comes from a programmed command rather than user action? -- Ian -- Application.EnableEvents = False Insert just before the line of code that would otherwise trigger the event. Make sure you always get it set back to True before code stops executing, whether by error handler or before end/exit sub. "IanC" wrote: > Is there any way to suppress Worksheet_SelectionChange in instances where > the selection change comes from a programmed command rather than u...

Running an access query
hi, I have a table with multirecords, I would like to put the data in one row, for example, I have a customer who has address 1, address 2 and address 3, each address creates 1 record, how do I run a query that return the customer name and address 1, address 2 and address 3 on one line? -- armele look So your table looks like: Customer Address Bob Bob's Address #1 Bob Bob's Address #2 Bob Bob's Address #3 ???? Are there any other fields in the table? "Armele look" wrote: > hi, &...

Start screen in Outlook 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C6DE70.E1497930 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am new to Outlook, and this is probably very easy, so... I want to open and work with Outlook so that I can see contacts, = calendar and email at the same time on separate windows. How do I do = that? Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C6DE70.E1497930 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4...

Maintain Outlook Distribution List from Access
Hi, I have Outlook distribution lists of up to 1,000 members. The membership changes (to some degree) each month. I have a MS Access database which compares the list of people who were on the list last month to the list of people who should be in the distribution list this month. It identifies people to remove from the distribution list and people to add to the distribution list. Is there a good way to use MS Access VBA to automatically make these changes to the distribution lists? For example, last month Tony (and 145 other people) were part of the 1stComplaintHandler Emai...

problem with dialogs
Hi! I have an MDI application. When I call a dialog box from child window as a modal I can' get to main window. How to do, that only child window was blocked and main window not? Any ideas? Please help, I would be appreciate. bArT >I have an MDI application. When I call a dialog box from child window as a >modal I can' get to main window. How to do, that only child window was >blocked and main window not? I don't know how well this will work, but try making your dialog modeless and disable the child window that's effectively its parent. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http...

Default Printer in Access 2007
Hi, I discovered something interesting that I hope you can help me to easily fix. My default printer doesn't print color - strictly black ink only. I designed reports in Access 2007 with the Default Printer selected in Page Setup. When I needed to see a color version of a report, I selected a color printer from my network - no problems. I installed a copy of my app on another user's PC who happens to have a default color printer and when they tried to print the report using their default printer - it printed without color! If they selected their printer of...

How to extend the 2 GB size limit of PST file in 2003?
I have Outlook 2003. I did not upgrade from 2000, but I was formerly using 2000 when I copied my PST file over to this computer that has 2003. My PST file approached 2 GB yesterday and I won't have time to do more archiving of old mail for another couple weeks. I am getting the error: --------------------------- Outlook.pst has reached its maximum size. .. You could also consider using the new Outlook Personal Folders file (.pst) introduced with Outlook 2003 that provides greater capacity for storing items and folders. --------------------------- Now I am very confused because ...

repostioning of dialog box through title bar
hello, Normally when we place the mouse pointer on tittle bar of dialog box and press left mouse button we can drag the dialog box anywhere on screen.Can we stop this repositioning? please help sayu wrote: > hello, > Normally when we place the mouse pointer on tittle bar of dialog box > and press left mouse button we can drag the dialog box anywhere on screen.Can > we stop this repositioning? > please help Look at WM_NCHITTEST, WM_NCMOUSEMOVE etc.. messages. For example, by handling WM_NCHITTEST msg and returning HTCLIENT, when mouse is actually on title...

No Data on Form Open
I have the following code on a cmdButton Dim strwhere As String strwhere = "[tbl_Reports].[FltPhase] = '" & Me![cboPhase] & "'" DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_MainView", acNormal, , strwhere DoCmd.Close acForm, "frm_SearchPhase" I would like to display a message "No data qualifies" and not open the form. Not sure what the If statement should read. -- Teach me to fish! Thanks for the help. Pax, M Hi, you can check recordset count on form's open event, and cancel it: if Me.Recordset.RecordCount =0 then Canc...

Opening multiple excel sessions
Ho w do I configure my excel so that when double click a .xls file from explorer it starts a brand new Excel session rather than adding it to an existing session? Reason I want to do this is that if I have multiple sheets open and some are set to manual calc and others are set to auto calc the calculation setting defaults to what ever it was on the first file opened. This is creating a problem when I open an auto calc file first then open a manual calc after as the manual one starts calcing upon opening it. Can anyone help me with this? -- sgreen ---------------------------------------...

Last Exchange Server 2003 Academy
I apologize in advance for making a semi-commercial announcement, but a colleague has asked me to post an announcement that there are seats still available in HP's Exchange Server 2003 Customer Academy in Philadelphia from the 3rd through the 7th of October. These have been very well received by customers in the past, and this one will be the last to be given. If you are interested, please visit www.hpexchange2003.com and fill in the nomination form using Roberta Hanlon and roberta.hanlon@hp.com as the Nomination Information. You will then be sent an email detailing how to complete...

CHR() function not working in Excel 2003
I've written a VBA application in Excel 2002, which works correctly. This should work on all recent versions of Excel, so I've been testing it on Excel 2003. This includes the lines: Dim a as String a = "text" + Chr(34) On Excel 2003, I'm getting the error "Compile error: Can't find project or library", and the Chr function is highlighted. If it's helpful, I've tried commenting this line out and I also get the same error elsewhere when I use the Space() function. The rest of the code runs successfully. I've seen elsewhere that I should look ...

Excel To Access: Transfer multiple rows from excel to access
Hi All, How can I transfer a Bock of data to Access from excel by clicking a "Submit" button? eg: I have designed a "Submit" button on the excel sheet that exports all of the student data into access in a single row... BUT I want to insert all this data in access in seperate rows. Here is what My excel table looks like: Student_ID Subjects Grades 123456 Eng A 123456 Hist B 123456 Math B+ 123456 Bio B- So, once we click "Submit" I want the data displayed above ...

2003 to 2007
My understanding is that if I upgrade a 2003 format .mdb to 2007 all security settings will be gone. Can someone elaborate on just what that means? I presume no login, no workgroup. How about database password? I am presuming therefore that security is dealt with through the GUI - e.g. forms would determine that the info in a table would be read only or the GUI would not include links to certain features. But let's say that the person just shuts down the switchboard form and leaps into tables. and gets what they want that way. I need a little more info. Does it mean that a fr...

Access Parallel port from MFC?
wow.. I used to just read and write from this port in the old days. NOw I have to poll some signals externally and I need to access the port. There isn;t much online regarding the printer port. .. Can anyone point me to code that I can learn from for setting up and reading signals on a port? Thanks nap nappy wrote: > wow.. I used to just read and write from this port in the old days. NOw I > have to poll some signals externally and I need to access the port. There > isn;t much online regarding the printer port. .. Can anyone point me to code > that I can learn from for ...

IMF for Exchange 2003 Server
Hi, I am trying to install IMF onto a Windows 2003 Server running Exchange 2003. We are getting the following error message in our event logs: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: SMTP Protocol Event ID: 7514 Date: 31/01/2006 Time: 09:16:45 User: N/A Computer: SHERATON-FW Description: An error occurred while loading Microsoft Exchange Intelligent Message Filter. The error code is 0x80004002. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. Do You have IMF v1 installed together with Exchange SP2? That corrupts IMF and leads t...

Publisher 2003 cannot open Word 2003 files
I am brand new to Publisher, and want to use it to improve the format of a book for publication. However, when I try to import a normal Word 2003 file -- both programs are from the same 2003 office suite -- Publisher says it cannot open it. I assume I'm doing something wrong, but Help has been no help. Can someone point out the error in my ways? Thanks. DEW Setup your page as a booklet. Create a text box on your the page you want the Word document to start, select the text box, right-click, click change text, click text file, browse to the Word document. Publisher will automati...

Excel 2003 crashes when opening
When I try to access Excel, I get the message that "Microsoft Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." The error report contains the following: Error signature AppName: excel.exe AppVer: 11.0.6355.0 AppStamp:40aa979f ModName: excel.exe ModVer: 11.0.6355.0 ModStamp:40aa979f fDebug: 0 Offset: 000bc3b7 The Event Viewer - Application gives me the following error information: Date: 9/8/2005 Source: Microsoft Office 11 Time: 10:37:32AM Category: None Type: Error Event ID: 1000 User N/A Computer: BigDog D...

Access cluster from FE server
Another quick one, I have a 2 node A/P cluster running w2k3 enterprise - exchange 2003 sp2. I have set up the cluster, all resources are online, I have moved 5 users mailboxes to the cluster servers. They can access their mail via Outlook 2003, no trouble. They can access their mail via http @ http://mycluster.DomainA.com/exchange I can see and manage, storage groups, routing groups and mailboxes from any node on the cluster, from any server within the company. Connectivity is perfect, no errors anywhere. Users go to http://www.domainA.com/exchange (our FE server) and they can access their ma...

Outlook 2003 form
My existing OL 97 form which was developed using VB script to update access data base value remotely by e-mail was working fine with. I use to send outlook form to a remote client to update the data base value. Whenever remote client open the form send by, the data base value change automatically. After outlook2003 client installation, all the form is not working( not executing ). I do not know VB script. Please help. ...

Outlook 2003 client print problem
Hi. I've had a strang issue start to appear with my Outlook 2003 clients. Seems that 1 by 1 they are starting not to be able to print HTML emails. Anyone heard or seen this before???? Something accidently get changed on the Exchange server. Can print plain text and RTF email fine just not HTML. It returns a script error. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. TIA ...

text wrapping in Excel 2003
I have formatted a cell so the text wrapping is active, however, only the first 8 or 9 lines will wrap--then the text travels outside the cell and i am having to manually wrap it, which is very time consuming. Do i possibly have something set wrong somewhere? Hi could you mail me an example sheet -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tia" <Tia@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:301D2BDA-68D8-491E-9CD3-68981467B7DC@microsoft.com... > I have formatted a cell so the text wrapping is active, however, only the > first 8 or 9 lines will wrap--the...

upgrading to Exchange 2003
We have E2K running in Naitive mode in our Naitive 2K AD Domain. All this was brought onboard prior to SP2 so the mangled attributes are a concern. If I run Exchange 2003's Forestprep instead of Windows Server 2003's will the Exchange version fix the mangled attribute issue? Jon I am not sure which attributes we are talking abou here. But if you can run 2003 version of forestprep and domianprep without any errors, then you will be fine. After that, you just need to run the setup. Exchange 2003 works fine on a Win2000 environment. [If there is a problem with anything in AD or DNS,...