Subforms not Displaying

I recently converted an application from an .mdb to a .mdb with linked
tables (SQL Server).  On my main form, I have several subforms.  These
subforms show up fine when I'm dealing with existing records, however when I
add a new record to the form, the subforms disappear.  Any ideas what could
cause this?

Thanks,
Ryan

0
Ryan

This may help.  These subforms all consist of a single combo box.  When I
open the subform in a new window and switch to Form View (rather than Design
View), I get the blank grey background - which would make it appear that the
subforms are "disappeared" on my main form.  I don't know what in the
conversion could have caused the problem though.

"Ryan Langton" <langton@ci.manhattan.ks.us> wrote in message
>I recently converted an application from an .mdb to a .mdb with linked
>tables (SQL Server).  On my main form, I have several subforms.  These
>subforms show up fine when I'm dealing with existing records, however when
>I add a new record to the form, the subforms disappear.  Any ideas what
>could cause this?
>
> Thanks,
> Ryan

0
Ryan
5/24/2005 6:34:17 PM
Just an FYI incase anybody else has this problem.

What was happening was that I could not add new records to my subforms, so
it was showing no detail records (was not showing the add new * line).  The
reason why I could not add records was because the subforms record source
did not have a primary key.  I changed the record source query to add in a
primary key from one of the tables and it works fine now.  SQL is picky
about primary keys.

> This may help.  These subforms all consist of a single combo box.  When I
> open the subform in a new window and switch to Form View (rather than
> Design View), I get the blank grey background - which would make it appear
> that the subforms are "disappeared" on my main form.  I don't know what in
> the conversion could have caused the problem though.
>
> "Ryan Langton" <langton@ci.manhattan.ks.us> wrote in message
>>I recently converted an application from an .mdb to a .mdb with linked
>>tables (SQL Server).  On my main form, I have several subforms.  These
>>subforms show up fine when I'm dealing with existing records, however when
>>I add a new record to the form, the subforms disappear.  Any ideas what
>>could cause this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ryan

0
Ryan

use displayed value in calculation
quick question - if I perform a simple calculation of =(a1+b1) in the m1 cell, and then need to use that result in another calculation in the n1 cell =(m1*3.14), why do I get a value of 0.00 returned? michae What values are in cells A1 and B1? A small number, showing two decimal places, could display as 0.00 michael wrote: > quick question - > > if I perform a simple calculation of =(a1+b1) in the m1 cell, and then > need to use that result in another calculation in the n1 cell > =(m1*3.14), why do I get a value of 0.00 returned? > > > > michae > -- ...

Account Segments not displaying properly Trial Balance
We have 4 workstations running GP 10.0. On 2 of the workstations, when we print/display the Trial Balance the 2 and 3rd segments of the account number do not display properly. Our account number consists of 3 segments, acctnum-branch-region We have over 80 branches and without the branch number displaying properly the Trial Balance from these 2 workstations is useless. I have tried to download and update the newest printer drivers as per Crystal Reports, updated video card drivers, use Named Printers and so far I have not had any luck. Anyone have an idea? I have pasted an example be...

Combining two accounts as one display
If I have two emails, can Live Mail be configured so that both accounts can be displayed (combined) For me this would prevent 2 deletes, 2 junks, etc.- Thanks. Otzi On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 18:58:21 -0700, otzi wrote: > If I have two emails, can Live Mail be configured so that both accounts can > be displayed (combined) For me this would prevent 2 deletes, 2 junks, etc.- Back in the good old days of MS Outlook Express, a number of people wanted separate account folders. Now that MS has accommodated those folk, people are demanding a global Inbox. Well, MS, in their infinite wi...

How do you get the maximum value to display in text box form
In a form, if I have 4 text boxes and 3 of them will contain a number. How do you get the maximum value to display in the 4th. I have tried many different things, I can make it work for a single field in a table, but that finds the value through all records. I just want it to display the max value from the numbers on the form, which could be different for various records. You could use something like this as the Control Source of the 4th text box (the underscore is for ease of reading here, and must be removed from the Control Source): =IIf([Field1]>[Field2] And [Field1]>[Field3],...

change order in which gwes loads display, touch, hid drivers
I cannot figure out how to do this, but I need GWES to load the display driver FIRST (for a splash screen implementation). Cannot find any registry values that accomplish this... any ideas? Come on guys, somebody has to know the order in which driver's are loaded by GWES.exe and how to alter it.... MS gentlemen???? I don't think that's going to help. What you really want to do is load the image in the bootloader, since, by the time GWES itself loads, you're probably 75% of the way through the boot process. As far as I can recall, GWES loads the keyboard, mouse, a...

Different display names
Hi Is there any way to have an account display differently in the FROM field compared to the GAL (Exchange 2003). We would like the user to appear in the GAL as "Bob User" but when an external recipient reads an email it should be displayed as "Bob of Company <bob.user@company.com>". Cheers Stuart ...

sql server displays
I would like to know what I can use in sql server report 2008 to display several sentences or paragraphs prior to where I have a table generated. Each table in each report will display the data. To display the paragraph(s) and/or sentence(s) before the table containing data what toolbox item would I use? Should I use a matrix, rectangle, textbox, and or another table? Your question is not really clear, but I think you are trying to do would be done using a list box. Add the list box to the report, put the text boxes you want to display here, then add the table control to the ...

Recent documents don't display
Recent documents work in Word but not in Excel. Not grayed out, but simply does not show any. -- Dana Go to Office Button- Go to Excel Options-Advanced, then go down to “Display” In the first line “Show this number of Recent Documents” check the number & modify as you like. -- MFS22 "danappofc" wrote: > Recent documents work in Word but not in Excel. Not grayed out, but simply > does not show any. > -- > Dana Documents that you opened by double-clicking their icon will not show in the list. Only those that you opened from within Ex...

Problem displaying string data in Edit box
Hi, I am trying to display a CString in an Editbox. In the dialog, I have set the edit box to multiline, read-only, auto vertical scroll and want return. I set the Edit box with the CString variable when a serial handler occurs. The serial handler code is obtained from http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/serial.aspx and have integrated into my main dialog. I have created a edit box variable in my dialog and create a member variable within the main dialog window. When the serial handler is called, I store the serial message into the CString variable and use SetwindowText() to display the st...

Display web chart in excel
I am trying to create a financial spread sheet and link a chart from ADVFN so it shows up live in my spreadsheet. Havent got a clue how to make this work, any ideas would be appreciated. Rgds Mike Hi, Mike, I may not be understanding what you're after... (and I don't know what ADVFN is) but, have you tried inserting a hyperlink from the menu? Select which cell you want the link to show, then Insert->Hyperlink... and complete the information (link address, name, screen tip, etc) Or are you looking for something more?? jeff >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to cre...

I am trying to get access to display leading zeros and auto numbe
we use a sequential number system that begins new each month but we need it to hold 4 places 0001, 0002. etc. I would like to know if Access will do this. "Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:484176CC-EFDE-48BB-BF18-C5BEFD695710@microsoft.com... > we use a sequential number system that begins new each month but we need > it > to hold 4 places 0001, 0002. etc. I would like to know if Access will do > this. Yes, but ... You can't use the built-in autonumber field to do what you want. Therefore you'll need so...

On error displayes default error code instead of the specifyed one
Hi, I have added error handling code to my combo box. Private Sub searchName_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object On Error GoTo ERR_Handler Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[sdutentId] = " & Str(Nz(Me![searchName], 0)) On Error GoTo 0 Exit Sub ERR_Handler: MsgBox "Please empty search box before continuing!" End Sub But it doesn't display the message in msgbox, it displayed default ms access error code. which is "The text you have entered isn't an item in the ...

displaying data linked to shape
I would like to click on a shape and have the list of linked data in the database be displayed. (I have a lab diagram, and I want to display the contents of a drawer when the shape is clicked..... and vice versa, when I'm in the database and click on an item, I'd like to have the location of the item displayed on a lab map. Can anyone point me to a tutorial or better yet, a functional example, that does this. I've linked the shape and database, but don't seem grasp how to actually put that link into practice. Thanks in advance jillymc ...

Need help getting query to reference a field in a subform
I am trying to run a query using a specific field in a subform as the criteria. The query is displaying one combo box from the Form, as well as several fields from its own subform. My Form name is: FormGrantManagement My Subform name is: TableMOA subform My Subform's subform is: TableCostReports The field in the subform I want to reference is: MOAID I have found other help topics that lead me to think that a criteria along the lines of [Forms]![FormGrantManagement]![TableMOA subform]! [Form]![MOAID] is what I need to use, and I have tried multiple variations of this but witho...

Subform Data Entry help needed!
The legal dept at my company wants to track invoices from outside law firms. They want to be able to track who worked on a project, how many hours and at what rate. How do I create a query or lookup that will allow the user to select a specific attorney from a lookup table - then once the attorney is selected, the rate field will allow the user to select only those rates associated with that attorney. Some attorneys have more than one rate and some don't. Hi, sounds like there is a many to many relationship between attorneys and rates, is this how the database has its tables set u...

pictures in HTML message are displayed as attachment not inline?
Whenever I send meassege in HTML format and having inline pictures these pictures are displayed as attachment and not inline on recieving end? What is the problem and how to resolve it. ...

Pivot Table Display Question
Please excuse me if this is a very simple question, however I can't seem to figure it out: I have a pivot table whose data looks like the following RELEASE # JURISDICTION REVENUE 00000 Germany 5,000 Britain 1,000 France 2,000 00001 Germany 5,100 I would like the pivot table to display like this: RELEASE # JURISDICTION REVENUE 00000 Germany 5,000 00000 Britain 1,000 00000 France 2,000 00001 Germany 5,10...

Display a Popup menu from a Popup
Last week, I posted a question and got a nice reply and answer about the ability to display a popup menu when right clicking on a menu option. I was able to apply the changes to my code and everything is working properly now. Now, when I display the main menu from the frame, and then right click on a menu option, I'm displaying a popup menu and everything is good. Here is the link to the previous discussion: http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.vc.mfc/browse_thread/thread/d46b06498d39409c/f731ad977203af00#f731ad977203af00 However, I would like to expand this to the rest of our ...

Problem in displaying number
Having problem in displaying number! A1=25.25 (outcome of some calculations, formatted as number with two decimal places) In A10, I am trying to display Please pay a sum of Rs. 25.25 only I am using the formula A10="Please pay a sum of Rs. "&A1&" only" Problem is coming with amounts like 25.00 or 25.50, the cell displays for 25.50 ----> Please pay a sum of Rs. 25.5 only (what I want is 25.50) for 25.00-----> Please pay a sum of Rs. 25 only (what I want is 25.00) separating Integar and Fraction part is not of help. Using =right(a1...

"Display of free busy time" no longer seems to be
After upgrade from Exchange 2000 onto a new server with Exchange 200 the function for "Display of free busy time" no longer seems to b avaliable When you check free / busy time to arrange a meeting and select th users that you want to invite the free / busy time section shows a no information Done anyone know how to enable this function again Many Thank David Ambros Search the Knowledge Base for "free/busy". There are several things that can cause this to happen since free/busy data is maintained in a system public folder. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protect...

Cell Display of a Date
Not sure how to close this thread so I'll post an update here ... I was able to determine the issue. Following my speculation that th VBA code was the culprit. I started with a new sheet and steppe through my code to see when the change occured .. ActiveWindow.Formulas = True. This setting can also be found in Tools Options > View. This explains why the condition remained even when had re-opened the workbook with macros disabled. Regards, Allan R. Georg -- AllanRyanGeorg ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AllanRyanGeorge's Profile: http://...

Line Chart Incorrect Data Display
My data in the worksheet cell is '100%' - on the chart is plotting '118%'. Please help. Thanks! Hi, Not a lot of information to go, but try checking the line chart is not of the stacked variety. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Gingerly" <Gingerly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:622B754D-1EB7-4DD1-8442-9628B3DD8C54@microsoft.com... > My data in the worksheet cell is '100%' - on the chart is plotting '118%'. > Please help. Thanks! Hi Andy Thanks so much for your quick r...

Not plot a data series in a chart but still display in data table
MS Excel 2007 I've somehow managed to display only two data series on my line chart. They still display in the data table. How did this happen? More importantly, how do I reverse it. I don't want to recreate chart. I see the data series not plotted on chart in the Chart Elements and when I select the series, the source data is highlighted; it's in the data table. How do I make it visible? Thanks! Miriam HAve you perhaps simply formatted the data series as "no line, no marker"? If so, you can format series, add some color. -- Best Regards, Lu...

display old value, enter new value
I'm hoping I can even explain my problem! I have a table of SubTasks and a table of ESLOCS. I have a query qryLatest_SubTasks (based on the latest SubTask date) and a query qryLatest_ESLOCS (based on the latest date the ESLOCS were entered). The record souce for my form, frmEnter_ESLOCS, is a qrySubTasks_and_ESLOCS, that joins qryLatest_SubTasks and qryLatest_ESLOCS. The form displays bound fields from the query in continuous forms mode. None of the bound fields in my form are updatable, which is fine because when they update their ESLOCS, I do not want to change the existing ES...

Turning off display while VBA running
Seems to me I once saw an option I can turn off to keep Excel from updating the display while my program inserts rows, fills in data, hides/unhides rows and such, so it'll run faster if there's a lot to be accomplished...the idea being that the program will turn the display, so to speak, back on just before it gets to End Sub. Now I want to use that feature and I can't find it in my VBA/Excel chm. Can anyone tell me where to look for it? Thanks. Application.Screenupdating Tim "Bob Bridges" <rhbridg.RemoveThisNode@attglobal.net> wrote in message ...