SendKeys Macro to Comapct Database in Conversion 2.0 to Access 200

Hi All,

I am trying to convert an Access 2.0 database to an Access 2003 database
however I am having trouble converting a SendKey macro that in Access 2.0
compacts the database. I dont full understand how it is doing this.
the macro is:

SendKeys "c:\statement\database.mdb~c:\statement\temp.mdb~"
DoMenuItems 4, 0, 2

I am not too sure what this is trying to do, but it ends uo comapcting the
database in Access 2.0.

Thanks for any help

I'm not sure about those menu items in version 2, however you could do away
with the macro entirely.  In 2003 there is an option (Tools, Options) to
compact the database on close.

--
Joan Wild
Microsoft Access MVP

0
Joan

CRM 3.0 demo password
I have installed the CRM Demo.vhd launched virtual PC when i get to the log on screen i use Administrator + pass@word1 and get incorrect username or password .... anyone seen this and found an answer Thanks -- Nigel London Same thing happened today for my fresh install. Must have put it in 8 times, then suddenly, it took it. Installed it on another pc with no problem. Go figure. Steve "Nigel" wrote: > I have installed the CRM Demo.vhd launched virtual PC when i get to the log > on screen i use Administrator + pass@word1 and get incorrect username or > password ......

Access XP Pro to 2000 version
I'm trying to get a database from XP Pro to open in 2000. "Jake F" <JakeF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E71FD15-67CD-4DE0-A937-A9F4A0746347@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get a database from XP Pro to open in 2000. Office "XP" = Office 2002 Office 2000, in other words, was released two years *prior* to Office XP's release. All Office applications are Backwards-compatible. No Office application is Forward-compatible. In Office 2002 (XP), use the "Save As" option to save as 2000. Steve I assume the mdb file is in 200...

Access 2000 to 97 Conversion
I built a library database for a client in 2000, it uses several check boxes and compb boxes to perform filtering and works well in 2000. In the 97 it does not first it does not like a method I use called application.name and then it does not like the Replace statement I use in my SQL. Everything else works well. The only difference I find in the two is basicall the Microsoft 8.0 objects in the 97 version and the Microsoft 9.0 objects in the 2000. Hen I try to change the 97 version to the 9.0 I am told there is a name conflict and will not permit the selection and when I try to d...

Inserting a Logo into a Report
I am trying to insert a logo in a Access 2007 report I created. I am using the Logo Icon under the Design tab. The logo looks fine in design view, but when exporting the report to a pdf, the logo becomes fuzzy. I have tried different formats (.tif, jpeg, bmp) and also just directly copying the logo from within photoshop, but no luck. Any tips, tricks or hints would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!!! The problem is due to the size of the image(Logo). You can open that Logo in paint and try to make the size smaller. Then use that logo. -- <a href="http://...

AutoUpdate Not Seeing 12.0.1
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Is anyone having the problem where AutoUpdate does not see Office 2008 Update 12.0.1? I've run it manually, and it shows no needed updates. I've also, manually downloaded the AutoUpdate 2.1.1 update and applied it manually again, but still no updates available. I'm a little at a loss. On 3/11/08 10:16 PM, in article ee93612.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Zerocool@officeformac.com" <Zerocool@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Process...

Is it possible to use CRecordSet without connecting to a database?
Under .NET you can use the ADO.net object without never connecting to a database. Creating columns and inserting data manually. Is it possible to do so with a CRecordSet? If it is important to know, I need to do so because I have a working C++ function that accepts a CRecordSet derived class as a parameter (ugly, I know), I'd like to use the function and send it a RecordSet, just like it used to get before, however, all that without connecting to a database. - I'll fill it myself using another source. Is it possible? Thanks, Vitaly "Vitaly Belman" <vitalyb@gmail.com>...

Outlook 2003 sends my gmail through 2 steps, why??
I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox rather than get sent right away. Then from my outbox, I can send the email. This seems like a redundancy in efforts, how can I get Outlook to send it straight away? Look at the Tools Menu, then Options, then Mail Setup Tab. Check off the box "Send immediately when connected". -- Lenny V "Uncle Scotty" wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through > smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox...

macro recording
Hi. When I record a macro,and move to the last cell in a worksheet, the recorded command is correct as: ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Select However, I then wish to move to the first cell in that last row by way of the macro but the move gets recorded as an absolute cell reference. That won't work later when the table size changes. What is the command to pop left to the first column cell in the currently occupied (last, in this case) row that does not use any explicit cell references ("A" is allowed). ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Select ...

Access unwanted automatic data entry
when entering data in my Access table, if i use the tab ket to advance to the next field, it often enters a number in that field. Why does it do that nad how can I make it stop! Are entering data direcctly into Access table? If so, stop doing that, unless you only do it occasionally to repair data in database and you know database design and manage it. "Pat the biologist" <Pat the biologist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B724974-C937-4C5C-BDBA-1A086C0712A1@microsoft.com... > when entering data in my Access table, if i use the tab ket to advance to...

Simple workflow rule in 4.0. ...I think.
I have a user who "accidently" closed many of the Activities (phone calls, emails, etc.) by accident. I'd like to re-open them, so I thought I'd take advantage of CRM 4.0 and make a simple workflow rule to do this. I figured the primary entity you'd need to change is "task" no? I save and publish a simple rule, but it does not show up when I click on "Run workflow" under Activities. I've tested it the same situation on other entities (contacts, etc.) and it works fine. Any ideas? Has anyone else done this? -- Sketchy Hi Sketchy! S...

If statements in macros
I have a macro to send an automated email when passwords need renewing. This all works fine, but what i want to do is set up another macro to run automatiocally at 00:00:01 to check if any passwords need changing. What i have so far is this:- Sub CheckDay() Application.OnTime TimeValue("17:00:00"), "my_Procedure" Range("D7:D30").Select If Range = 5 Then Sub SendEmail() Else End If End Sub So what i want is if a cell in range D7 - D30 is 5 then sub the macro SendEmail. For some reason it is not workign and i can't work out why. Any help...

Macro to open file
How would I write a macro to open the most recent excel or xml file within a folder? I have file names that start with the same first five letters, but the end of the file name changes according to the date of the file. On a daily basis, my macro needs to open the most recent file created in a specified folder. -- Thank you, Jodie Hi Jodie Give this a try. It will open the most recent Excel file in a specified folder. Change path to suit. Take care Marcus Option Explicit Const XLFILE_FOLDER = "C:\" 'Change to suit Sub RecentXLFile() Dim fs As ...

PLEASE HELP!!!!! MAcro Emergency
maybe now someone will help me?? noone has responded to my last 2 post so I am trying to figure it out myself, am trying to build a macro an need to select RELATIVE REFERENCE before I record it, that "sto recording" toolbar was there the first time i tried to record the macr with the button to select relative reference but now every time i try t record the macro that toolbar isnt there anymore and the macro wont wor unless i can first select relative reference, please help before i tak the sledge to this computer PLEASE!! -- RalphS -------------------------------------------------...

macro to exit design mode
I am creating protected worksheets for users. When some users open them, their Excel is already in Design Mode. I need code to 'exit' design mode automatically. Can anyone advise please? -- cm see if this helps: Sub ExitDesignMode() With CommandBars("Exit Design Mode").Controls(1) If .State = msoButtonDown Then .Execute End With End Sub -- jb "cm" wrote: > I am creating protected worksheets for users. When some users open them, > their Excel is already in Design Mode. > > I need code to 'exit&#...

Smaller than 0 to return a 0 result
Every tenant gets one free go per week. I need to create a formula where where any negative numbers are returned as a '0' result. ('01'!C3+'02'!C3+'03'!C3+'04'!C3+'05'!C3+'06'!C3+'07'!C3-1) Returns a -1 result. I need it to return '0' answer. Well - first let's fix the formula. This assumes your sheets '01' through '07' are ALL side by side Rewrite ('01'!C3+'02'!C3+'03'!C3+'04'!C3+'05'!C3+'06'!C3+'07'!C3-1) as =SUM('01...

How to run macro to shut down my PC?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code macro to shut down my PC? I have a list of code within macro to be run for 3 hours, I would like to add coding at the end of this macro to shut down my PC. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Here's one possible method: http://www.dreamincode.net/code/snippet90.htm HTH, (also) Eric "Eric" wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code macro to shut down my PC? > I have a list of code within macro to be run for 3 hours, I would like to ...

Outlook hanging #2
When I open Outlook it is slow to check send/receive. Once open, it appears to be randomly hanging when I click on a message to open it. Especially those with attachments. I have to control, alt, delete to move on. When I open the details window in the error report window it has "szAppName:OUTLOOK.EXE szAppVer: 10.0.4510.0 szModName:hungapp szModVer: 0.0.0.0 offset:00000000". I can't seem to get past this problem, and have been unable to find anything to help me fix it. ...

Outlook 2000 & Vista #2
Can anyone tell me whether Outlook 2000 (from Ofice 2000) is compatible with Vista? If so, where might I find support to complete the installation? I keep getting an "Operation Cancelled" message anytime I try to sign in or set Outlook 2000 as my default. Thanks -- Steve Only 2003 and above is fully compatible OL2k is out of support as is OLxp "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACAE99AB-0EAB-4523-9304-AFAB18AB724C@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me whether Outlook 2000 (from Ofice 2000) is compatible > with > Vista? I...

Access 2007 03-15-07
Hi,Back-end database is located at server. There are 10 clients with 10front-end databases. I want to restrict clients to reach form and reportdesigns and their codes. How can I do it in Access 2007 ?Thx for help! I believe this answer is covered in your previous posted titled "Restricting Front-ends".-- David CongerSoftware Development Engineer in TestMicrosoft Office Access** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. **"Art Vandaley" <kestafir@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e$ixVG0ZHHA.4420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...> ...

CheckBox #2
I have a sheet with a checkbox in column A and a value in column B. There are about 30 rows of this data. The user selects the items they want to view and I run VBA code based on their selection. I want to turn the checkboxes on and off within VBA but can't figure out what each checkbox is named and how to reference it in VBA code. I just need to do something like: CheckBox13 = True Checkbox 99 = False like in Access Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance. Is ActiveSheet.CheckBox13 = True what you need ? Regards.. Daniel "PeterM" <PeterM@discussions.microsoft...

Date formatting in Excel #2
How do I format a cell to return Oct 04 when I type 10-4 in Excel...When I type 10-4, Excel returns Oct 05. Hi When no year is typed, excel would assume it is the current year. You would ahve to type the full date (including 2004) for it to display as Oct 2004. Use Format - cells - date and then select the particular format you want from the options there. >-----Original Message----- >How do I format a cell to return Oct 04 when I type 10-4 in Excel...When I >type 10-4, Excel returns Oct 05. >. > ...

HEX/RGB color value to &H conversion
I know the HEX and RGB value of a code, but do not know the &H... value. Anybode knows a converison tool on the web, or what is the VB code. I want to fill it as color value for the backgroundcolor of a command button. Bart Bart, not sure but the addin here http://www.andrewsexceltips.com/my_utilities.htm will make a sheet showing the colors and Color Index ,HTML Colors, RGB Index, Color Name you may want to give it a try and see if that is what you are looking for, when you install it, look under other unities # 19 -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Ple...

Database Engine Tuning Advisor and autocomplete
Hello there, in the never ending quest for better GP performance, I am onto indexes. I am convinced that there are additional indexes that can improve GP in real life situations, but have been unable to find anyone listing indexes they have used. So my question is, has anyone used the tuning advisor in sql server 05 and implemented its reccomendations? Were there noticable effects on GP performance? While I can run a trace against production and the advisor against a dev environment, I am still wary of implementing the changes in production... On a side question, where are the actu...

Macro Surprise
I have used the same small, simple spreadsheet (XL8.0) for several years to track cash and prepare budgets. There is *nothing* complicated about it. But when I opened it this morning, a warning box alerted me to the presence of macros, and asked if I wanted to disable the macros before running it. Believe me, I have never knowingly created any macros anywhere, and am *very* puzzled to read about them on my monitor. So how can I find these macros, and how will I recognize them when I see them? And how can I get rid of them? Any advice gratefully received. Hi See if http://www.c...

Installed from CD, apps in "trial" mode #2
I went through the whole procedure again. Here is the list of files in the Trash: com.microsoft.Office.prefs.plist com.microsoft.Excel.prefs.plist com.microsoft.Entourage.prefs.plist com.microsoft.Entourage.plist com.microsoft.OfficeNotifications.plist Office Font Cache (11) Microsoft Office ACL [English] OLE Registration Database 11 OfficeSync Prefs Custom Dictionary Office 11 First Run Entourage Preferences Proofing Tool Preferences Office Registration Cache 11 OK, the Remove Office tool is operating correctly, there's something else wrong. Check back in a few days, I'm escalatin...